Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2016 10:52:56 PM EDT
So I want to hear what people have to say about the Taran Tactical grandmaster spring kit and the stainless guide rod with 13# spring, I have gen 4 34 mos that I picked up for 3 gun. Before I was running my 17 and I have that set up as a fighting gun. My MOS is bone stock except for dawson MOS sights. If anyone has experience with either of these products I'm all ears and would love to hear your experience good or bad. Does the trigger feel like a cleaner glock trigger, does it feel like a 1911 trigge,r does it feel like the edge from glock works? Does the 13# spring soften recoil, am I going to run into problems using 115 gr ammo?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The Taran Tactical Grandmaster connector kit is the best I have ever used and is in mine and my sons G17's He has a titanium guide rod with a 13 pound spring and likes it, I have a standard guide rod but am waiting for Taran to get the stainless one back in stock so I can order one. I have tried a lot of different connector kits and spring kits and find the TT Kit superior to all I have tried. But keep in mind it's not a full blown trigger kit like some, I try to keep my GLOCK as close to stock as possible. In fact both of my G19's are bone stock except for a little polishing on the factory connector and trigger bar. Both of those are for personal defense.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I would like to keep my glock still fairly stock, my buddy has a zev and it is nice but I would like to keep mine fairly stock and not drop $200+ on a trigger. I'm in the same boat waiting as well for Taran to get stuff back in stock. My 17 and 19 are fairly stock besides extended slides polishing and 4.5 connectors.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I've tried the TTI connector.  It was ok, felt pretty similar to the Zev connector, but a tiny bit heavier.  It gives it more of a rolling break.  It's an improvement over the stock trigger, but not that much of a difference.  It's not at all comparable to some of the $150+ full trigger kits that I've tried.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the full zev kit on my 19 and everyone is impressed with the weight and reset, yeah it was around $240 for everything but its worth it to me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the full zev kit on my 19 and everyone is impressed with the weight and reset, yeah it was around $240 for everything but its worth it to me.
View Quote

My buddy has it in his 19 and it's nice for sure, but I want to stay on the more economical side plus I can use that other money for more ammo magwell mag extensions etc etc
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Finally got my TTI grandmaster kit and installed it. It feels much better than the stock 34 trigger, I will say though that the trigger return spring in the kit was too big and was causing problems, I thought I had screwed up so I took it to the local glock smith and he took it apart checked it out and showed how in my kit that the spring was too thick and caused the problems where the trigger wouldn't go back, you could pull it like a double action and the slide wouldn't release unless you pulled out the striker.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#7]
What connector is the TTI connector similar too?  Edge, "-" etc etc?  Looks to me like it is a play on the Zev kit.

ETA just looking at the picture and the angle of the connector it looks like a "." connector.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What connector is the TTI connector similar too?  Edge, "-" etc etc?  Looks to me like it is a play on the Zev kit.

ETA just looking at the picture and the angle of the connector it looks like a "." connector.
View Quote

It's very similar in feel to the Zev connector.  I guess kind of close to the minus connector, but IIRC both the TTI and Zev will give a slightly lighter pull than the minus connector.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:12:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#10]
So I got my kit and installed it into my gen 4 34 mos and when I put it back together it would not reset the trigger you could keep pulling it almost like a double action. I took it to a shop where they had a glock armorer and he asked me where I got the kit from and he figured out the trigger return spring was too large and causing it to bind up. The TTI one is about a third bigger than the stock. I ran it in my last 3 gun match and it felt much better than the stock trigger. I had no problems after the glock-smith put a normal sized trigger return spring in it. I will say that you need to put some rounds through it inorder to get the 3.25 feel, when you first put it in it will feel ike an actual 4.5 pound trigger not the "4.5' that glock says. I'm very happy with the TTI kit, I also put in the TTI guide rod and 13# spring, I just need a TTI magwell and it will be completely race gunned out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I've tried the TTI connector.  It was ok, felt pretty similar to the Zev connector, but a tiny bit heavier.  It gives it more of a rolling break.  It's an improvement over the stock trigger, but not that much of a difference.  It's not at all comparable to some of the $150+ full trigger kits that I've tried.
View Quote

Connector swaps are only a marginal improvement.  You really need to swap the connector and the striker spring to feel a big difference.

If you were going to change just the connector in a Gen 3, I'd get the "dot" and in a Gen 4 I'd get the "minus", but I'd also add the heavier Wolff trigger spring.

I dickered around with a ton of different combos and the Taran kit was the one I liked the best in multiple Glocks when using the factory trigger bar.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So I got my kit and installed it into my gen 4 34 mos and when I put it back together it would not reset the trigger you could keep pulling it almost like a double action. I took it to a shop where they had a glock armorer and he asked me where I got the kit from and he figured out the trigger return spring was too large and causing it to bind up. The TTI one is about a third bigger than the stock. I ran it in my last 3 gun match and it felt much better than the stock trigger. I had no problems after the glock-smith put a normal sized trigger return spring in it. I will say that you need to put some rounds through it inorder to get the 3.25 feel, when you first put it in it will feel ike an actual 4.5 pound trigger not the "4.5' that glock says. I'm very happy with the TTI kit, I also put in the TTI guide rod and 13# spring, I just need a TTI magwell and it will be completely race gunned out.
View Quote

Are you sure the trigger spring wasn't twisted on the end?  That kinda sounds like the binding that will happen if the loop isn't positioned correctly, like in this picture here.

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Nope, the spring from TTI was about a third thicker in diameter and was causing it to get bound up. The spring was on properly,it just wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I use this kit in my gen 4 G34 and it made a big difference over the stock pull with a minus connector. For the price I recommend it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#15]
It's a night and day difference and honestly for the price I would take the TTI kit over my buddy's ZEV. Yes the actual trigger itself feels nicer in a ZEV but as far as the pull and reset the TTI is just as good, plus for the price I can buy a stainless steel guide rod, magwell, and a TTI base pad for the same price as the ZEV trigger kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top