Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2016 6:18:41 PM EDT
Until I went by the local Glock dealer and had him lay them both out for fondling!

Its like comparing a champion Greyhound to a St Bernard with a cask of brandy around its neck!

I GOTTA HAVE ME ONE OF THEM! (I wonder what time that store opens in the morning?)

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Better shoot 'em first.  The 41 felt flippy and snappy compared to a 21 to me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice.

I shot both.  Bought the 41 over a year and a half ago.  My first Glock in 25 years.

Then the damn things started sneaking into the house.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Added bonus of the 41 is that it fits in my Safariland ALS for my 9mm Glocks, and several other holsters, too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Same experience. G21 was much softer, even with a stronger recoil spring in the 41.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Added bonus of the 41 is that it fits in my Safariland ALS for my 9mm Glocks, and several other holsters, too.
View Quote

That's good to know. I really like my ALS holster. Mine fits my 19's. I was wondering if Safariland builds a holster that fits the the 40/41.

I know there is a tactical model 41 with adjustable sights unless you get the MOS model.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Same experience. G21 was much softer, even with a stronger recoil spring in the 41.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Sold my 41 soon after I bought it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:53:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had both a G21 and G41

I prefer the way the G41 shoots.  I have no issues with it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#8]
To me, the 41 feels well balanced while just a little front heavy, which is what I prefer.

The 21 feels like I'm picking up a piece of pressure treated 2X4.

I wish Glock or someone would modify a magazine to weigh the same as a loaded one so people could get a true feeling of what its going to feel like when they get it loaded up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wish Glock or someone would modify a magazine to weigh the same as a loaded one so people could get a true feeling of what its going to feel like when they get it loaded up.
View Quote

https://www.ondutygear.com/m/glock-21-weighted-blue-training-magazine-by-ring-s-blueguns.html
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's good to know. I really like my ALS holster. Mine fits my 19's. I was wondering if Safariland builds a holster that fits the the 40/41.

I know there is a tactical model 41 with adjustable sights unless you get the MOS model.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought a SERPA for a 20/21 to put my 40 because I needed a holster for it quick. Turns out all of my Glocks fit in it and also lock in.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.....& yeah it is basically a long G21. Same frame.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did too.  Kept my 21sf and sold the 41 3 months after I bought it.  Did not like the way it shot.  G21 was much nicer.  

Now the G40, that's where it's at...!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I greatly prefer the G41- fits my small paws better.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am in the same boat. The smaller glocks shoot better for me. 30 vs 21, 17 vs 19, 23 vs 22 etc
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I did too.  Kept my 21sf and sold the 41 3 months after I bought it.  Did not like the way it shot.  G21 was much nicer.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I must be a handgun illiterate, because I can't tell the difference in recoil between the 21 and 41........
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they're both Gen 4 they have the same frame.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My G21 was a gen3
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, we find out tomorrow how it fits me!

I put some side money in my fun money account today, and I'm only $13.00 short!

My cup holder in my truck is good for at least that!

Since it seems to be a fact worth mentioning around here for some reason, ITS A BLUE LABEL!

BLUE LABEL! BLUE LABEL! I'M GETTING A BLUE LABEL!

As soon as I get back home with my BLUE LABEL, I'll take a trip to my back yard range and let you guys know how I like my BLUE LABEL!
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#20]
That pistol is certainly on my short list. I'm just busy right now stashing reloading supplies or I'd already have one. I have a 21C and like how soft it shoots.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:25:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That pistol is certainly on my short list. I'm just busy right now stashing reloading supplies or I'd already have one. I have a 21C and like how soft it shoots.
View Quote
That's why I'm scraping cup holder change to get this baby!

I'm grabbing all the components I can get my hands on!

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The G41 and G21 have the same frame in Gen4 so your statement is a little confusing to me unless you had an older pre-SF frame G21 then I understand.

I thought the 41 felt snappy, too. The G30S was uncomfortable in that regard, too.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, we find out tomorrow how it fits me!

I put some side money in my fun money account today, and I'm only $13.00 short!

My cup holder in my truck is good for at least that!

Since it seems to be a fact worth mentioning around here for some reason, ITS A BLUE LABEL!

BLUE LABEL! BLUE LABEL! I'M GETTING A BLUE LABEL!

As soon as I get back home with my BLUE LABEL, I'll take a trip to my back yard range and let you guys know how I like my BLUE LABEL!
View Quote

LOL.

I too have often wanted to stab people who keep typing BLUE LABEL when they want to make a purchase.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, I just got back from my lower 40 with my new BLUE LABEL!

And yeah, its a little brisk with 230gr white box, but no worse than my 1911.

.45ACP has been my round of choice pretty much my whole life, so I was expecting it.

The recess for the back strap pin was giving the web of my strong hand Hell, and my bird finger was finding a nice hot spot down on the right by the mag release area.

The sights have to go!

I was shooting a 2" orange sticker on a seriously shot to Hell cardboard backer and I couldn't really see where I was hitting, but it was HIGH.

I'm not a fan of "6 o'clock hold", if you want to shoot the center of a clock, you aim at the shaft, NOT at the 6!

I'm going to get some adjustable sights and really dial this one in.

Overall, I'm pleased!

I finally got to experience the magic of a little blue sticker on the side of a box!

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Well I just bought mine Monday and haven't had a chance to shoot it.  I am at a loss for holsters though, some have said this gun fits in a small frame glock holster.  That is incorrect for sure...I carry a safariland ALS with a glock 35 and tlr 1 every day for work and I can get the 41 to slide in but it won't lock in the retention devices.  I don't have any experience with a 21 or large frame so no holster to compare it to.  Are there companies making a kydex holster for this gun...?

Another random thought...has anyone tried an extended barrel and suppressor yet!!!? That right there is what I love about the 45.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:44:06 PM EDT
[#26]
My BLUE LABEL! 41 fits the same holster that my inferior non blue label 34 fits in.

It doesn't just "Sort of fit", it fits like it was made for it.

Its a Blade Tech Revolution.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Hmmm I will look into that.  I have a patriot arms IWB kydex that fits my 22 for off duty carry but even with loosening the retention screws, A LOT, it was still too tight for my liking. However I will say I may be a touch on the BIT#* side when it comes to holsters.  I have seen too many holsters break in defensive tactics and that scares me enough to not skimp on retention and quality.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#28]
A 41 fits in my 34 holsters no problem too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Ok, what am I missing here?  A blue label Glock came with an extra mag.  Big deal.  You can get extra mags front CNN cheap.  Why the irrational exuberance over a blue label?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ok, what am I missing here?  A blue label Glock came with an extra mag.  Big deal.  You can get extra mags front CNN cheap.  Why the irrational exuberance over a blue label?
View Quote

Extra mag and at least $100 less on the sticker.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
That is EXACTLY my point!

The exact same guns come down the assembly line and some get an extra magazine and a little blue sticker on the box, so I thought I would poke a little fun at the 3 or 4 idiots each week who post about their Glocks and just HAVE to include the fact they THEY bought a BLUE LABEL!

We even had a guy over on Florida Shooters network who listed one for sale at WAY above retail because it was one of the "rare" Blue Labels!

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#32]
I shoot GSSF. I own a 41 and a 21 RTF SF. I prefer the 41 over the 21 RTF SF I have. However, with the GSSF rules I can't use the 41 in Heavy Metal division So it's 21 for me, even if the recoil is different.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top