Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I just noticed S3F Solutions is offering a drop-in match 17C, ports and everything.

http://s3fsolutions.com/product/s3fsolutions-glock-17-drop-in-match-grade-barrel-ported/

For those of us that have a 22C, if there's enough interest in a C-ported 9mm conversion barrel, S3F will make them!  You just have to email them via their website and let them know!  I already put a bug in Aiden's (director of marketing) ear about it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just noticed S3F Solutions is offering a drop-in match 17C, ports and everything.

http://s3fsolutions.com/product/s3fsolutions-glock-17-drop-in-match-grade-barrel-ported/

For those of us that have a 22C, if there's enough interest in a C-ported 9mm conversion barrel, S3F will make them!  You just have to email them via their website and let them know!  I already put a bug in Aiden's (director of marketing) ear about it.
View Quote

I have one of their 17C barrels - I love it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
SWEEEET!!!

How does it fit and shoot compared to the factory barrel?  Tighter and better groups?
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
SWEEEET!!!

How does it fit and shoot compared to the factory barrel?  Tighter and better groups?
View Quote

Fits tighter. As for groups, nothing too noticeable- pretty much any gun can outshoot me, and 99% of people in general. I suppose if I push it out to 25 yards I'd be able to tell, but haven't yet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone forgot to tell your HD front sight that it was supposed to be all melted and caked with carbon. You know, those worthless "C" Glocks and all.

Man, I really hope they make a 9mm conversion barrel for the 22C.  I'm having a hard time finding a 17C.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Someone forgot to tell your HD front sight that it was supposed to be all melted and caked with carbon. You know, those worthless "C" Glocks and all.

Man, I really hope they make a 9mm conversion barrel for the 22C.  I'm having a hard time finding a 17C.
View Quote

I put grease all over the front sight before shooting it.

Keeps the carbon from sticking.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the 22c and enjoy shooting it. I can't compare it to the non c 22 or any other glock as I don't own any other glocks (yet). I use to own the smith & wesson 40cal sub compact for the life of me I can't remember the model # it didn't have a safety but I sold it because I didn't like the trigger. The 22c is larger than the smith I had but the muzzle flip seemed less.
I received the 22c as a paycheck from guy I was working for years ago and he had upgraded guide rod and spring, I recently bought a 17lb stainless guide rod and spring from the glockstore.com just because it is easier to reinstall then the one he had. What spring is everybody else using that has a 22c just curious.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The ports DO have the potential to do damage.

I was shooting qualification with my Glock 22 and the ports were causing pieces of the suspended ceiling to rain down on me after every round.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happens when you fire from retention or  while trying to defend from a weapons takeaway attempt?  Basically when you have those ports right next to your body are they going to damage flesh?

I have torn range bags by getting my carbines flash hider to close,  and I have shredded paper and cardboard targets with the muzzle blast from a pistol.

If I have to make a contact shot into someone's body I'm going to be holding the slide closed with my support hand when I fire the weapon.  In that situation I really don't want to blow the meat off my fingers...

I have owned a 23c and don't think any of your hypotheticals have merit except for the dumb & dumber types of shooters.  A pretty damaging powder blast comes out the sides of magnum revolver cylinders too, but it doesn't matter except for those who are dumb enough to have their hand in the wrong place when shooting.  

The ports DO have the potential to do damage.

I was shooting qualification with my Glock 22 and the ports were causing pieces of the suspended ceiling to rain down on me after every round.

Good god how low was the suspended ceiling to make it rain on you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have the 22c and enjoy shooting it. I can't compare it to the non c 22 or any other glock as I don't own any other glocks (yet). I use to own the smith & wesson 40cal sub compact for the life of me I can't remember the model # it didn't have a safety but I sold it because I didn't like the trigger. The 22c is larger than the smith I had but the muzzle flip seemed less.
I received the 22c as a paycheck from guy I was working for years ago and he had upgraded guide rod and spring, I recently bought a 17lb stainless guide rod and spring from the glockstore.com just because it is easier to reinstall then the one he had. What spring is everybody else using that has a 22c just curious.
View Quote

I use the stock recoil assembly in mine, which I believe is 17lbs.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks emccracken
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks emccracken
View Quote

You're welcome.  Don't forget to bug S3F Solutions to make a 22C ported 9mm conversion barrel if you'd like to shoot 9mm out of your 22C!
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#13]
From what I've been told, the 22C and to a slightly lesser extent 23C are still widely available with tons of them still sitting in warehouses.  The 9mm C Glocks, however, are not as plentiful.  No one seems to care about the 357Sig, 10mm, and 45acp versions.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
From what I've been told, the 22C and to a slightly lesser extent 23C are still widely available with tons of them still sitting in warehouses.  The 9mm C Glocks, however, are not as plentiful.  No one seems to care about the 357Sig, 10mm, and 45acp versions.
View Quote

Any idea where? I have a bunch of Glocks but none of them "C" models. I'd like to get one, but the used prices I've seen are a bit too close to most new prices for my liking. Thinking something in .40 would be nice to have, but not against .45 or 10mm.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I sent my G17C slide off to Jagerwerks for some slide work. Can't wait to get it back.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#16]
AD, IM sent.

What are you getting done to your slide, AI?
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
AD, IM sent.

View Quote

I'm getting the slide milled in their DRP cut with Graphite Black cerakote.

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice!  

So will they mill off all the Glock stampings?
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
AD, IM sent.

View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nice!  

View Quote

Yup. All their slides have the Glock logo and nomenclature milled off, and replaced with the Jagerwerks logo.

It's been a week since they received it, so I should have the slide back next weekend, as their turnaround is 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Please post pics when you get it back!
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yup. All their slides have the Glock logo and nomenclature milled off, and replaced with the Jagerwerks logo.

It's been a week since they received it, so I should have the slide back next weekend, as their turnaround is 2 weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice!  

Did you get that bad boy back yet?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice!  

It'll be here tomorrow.

Teaser shot - mine is the one in the middle -

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#24]
The teaser looks great!
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Any idea where? I have a bunch of Glocks but none of them "C" models. I'd like to get one, but the used prices I've seen are a bit too close to most new prices for my liking. Thinking something in .40 would be nice to have, but not against .45 or 10mm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just saw a NIB G24C in the local pawn shop. Didn't know the 24 had a C version back in the day. They were asking $795 which might be why it's been there for years according to the guy behind the counter.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I just saw a NIB G24C in the local pawn shop. Didn't know the 24 had a C version back in the day. They were asking $795 which might be why it's been there for years according to the guy behind the counter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems high but I didn't know there was a 24c either so I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Glock 17C slide is back from Jagerwerks-

Cut is the "Down Range" with Graphite Black cerakote.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is high, but there are some that would pay that much. If it has been there for years, maybe they should put in on gunbroker or something. I'd love to try a 24C, but I can just get a ported barrel for my regular 24 if I feel the need. However, at that point, my total spent wouldn't be too far off from their asking price. I paid about $660 plus tax (probably about $700 total) at a gun shop for my 24 about 2 years ago. I had never seen one in person and it was in the case, and it went home with me.

I partly blame this thread, but I ended up buying a new 23C last week. Haven't made it to the range yet, but hopefully will this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not only was there a 24C, but before it was called that, it was the 24P.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Any idea if it was just a name change, or if the design of the ports changed?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Interesting. Any idea if it was just a name change, or if the design of the ports changed?
View Quote
I've got one. It was basically just a 24, with a ported barrel. In fact, many of them have a stock slide, marked "24". It's only when you look at the case that it says 24P. I think the name was changed only because Glock was consolidating all of the ported models with the "C" suffix.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Very cool! I have a Gen 3 24 that was made in either 2011 or 2013, I don't recall.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#33]
I purchased a 31C (.357Sig) for cheap. The fountains of fire are impressive.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#34]
AI, that looks GREAT!  Thanks for posting the pics.

58, I didn't realize that beast existed.  Very cool.  Those ports look really clean.  I bet it's a pussycat to shoot!
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Went to the range today, was an all-Glock trip. 23C really surprised me, recoil was extremely tame. Wasn't really sure what to expect going in. I shot it side-by-side with a 35 and the 23C felt like it had less recoil. However, it was a lot louder. I'm really happy with it, and will likely try to pick up more C models as I come across them. I put 150 rounds through the 23C.

Pic of what I took. Top to bottom:
-17 Gen 4, Battlefield Green
-27 Gen 4, O.D. Green
-23 C
-35 Gen 4, Kentucky State Police Trade-in

I didn't get any flames shooting up through the ports with the ammo I used, but did notice some stuff flying upwards while shooting. Didn't notice earlier, but the front sight got a bit dirty.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Nice!

Which ammo/handloads did you put through the 23C?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Nice!

Which ammo/handloads did you put through the 23C?
View Quote

Thanks! Just used Magtech 180gr fmj. I actually had about 5-6 failures to fire with the 27, hit the primers pretty good but the rounds didn't fire. They all fired on the second try. Used the same ammo in the other .40 guns without issue.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#38]
The reason I asked was because I've put at least 500 rounds through my 22C, and I've never noticed any blackening of my front sight - and I run a red fiber optic Dawson front.

The powders I'm using are probably much cleaner than whatever Magtech is using. I've used VV N340 & the Spanish CSB-5.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Gotcha. I sometimes wish I loaded my own, but I just don't have the time or patience for it. After the issues with my 27, I don't plan on buying anymore Magtech. I actually traded a coworker a box of Speer Lawman 165gr for a box of my Magtech, and he said he had an FTF issue. At the time I didn't think much about it, but experiencing it myself has soured me. I bought a case of it on a whim, so I'm now just trying to go through it.

That said, I just run factory ammo, but I'm hoping something I use gives me flames from the ports! My G20 shoots fireballs with certain ammo, and it's not ported. That always gets attention at the range because of the noise. I love it! Hate that I waited so long to discover the "C" Glocks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Also, maybe just because the lighting at my local ranges sucks, but I didn't notice the front sight was blackened until I got home.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Since this has kinda turned into the ported Glock thread - my S3F Solutions G34 ported barrel came in today........love how they do the porting like the factory "V" shape.

2016-07-27_06-23-01 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I didn't know that S3F offered porting as an option.  I thought they just had some 17C and 19C barrels.  Did you have to make a special request?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I didn't know that S3F offered porting as an option.  I thought they just had some 17C and 19C barrels.  Did you have to make a special request?
View Quote

It's not an option yet. Right now, they make ported barrels in 19C, 17C and 34 flavors.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Since this has kinda turned into the ported Glock thread - my S3F Solutions G34 ported barrel came in today........love how they do the porting like the factory "V" shape.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/KrVzL8" target="_blank">https://c4.staticflickr.com/9/8624/28516707931_daa5221e66_h.jpg</a>2016-07-27_06-23-01 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
View Quote

We're going to need more pictures of this.....exact setup i was planning on doing.

What sights are you using on it?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We're going to need more pictures of this.....exact setup i was planning on doing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/KrVzL8" target="_blank">https://c4.staticflickr.com/9/8624/28516707931_daa5221e66_h.jpg</a>2016-07-27_06-23-01 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

They're Dueck Defense DFR sights w/ tritium front option. I took a good shot of the sight picture yesterday.

Really clean, fast sights. The front tritium has a silver ring around it, and is serrated. The rear is smooth. Both front and rear sights are coated in black nitride. I really like them. The rear has zero sharp edges too.

Slide just left for Jagerwerks today for some slide cutting, and cerakote goodness...so these are the only pics I took yesterday after installing the barrel. Should be back in two weeks though.

2016-07-28_11-45-21 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

2016-07-28_11-45-10 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

2016-07-28_11-44-05 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#46]
A_I, you've got some really nice Glocks. Thanks for your valuable contributions to this thread.

I look forward to seeing a range report.  I'm curious how soft your 34 shoots, seeing to how it has both the V cuts AND is a 4th gen.  It might be the ultimate gamer Glock... You're the first guy I know of to have a gen 4 34C!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A_I, you've got some really nice Glocks. Thanks for your valuable contributions to this thread.

I look forward to seeing a range report.  I'm curious how soft your 34 shoots, seeing to how it has both the V cuts AND is a 4th gen.  It might be the ultimate gamer Glock... You're the first guy I know of to have a gen 4 34C!
View Quote

Thanks! It should shoot even softer when the slide gets back from Jagerwerks, due to then weight reduction.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm sure it will be awesome.

Do you know if the ports are exactly the same distance from the breech as on the 17C?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Do you know if the ports are exactly the same distance from the breech as on the 17C?
View Quote

I'm not too sure. I'll take a look tomorrow and see.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 2:43:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you ever get a chance to find out?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top