Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2016 3:00:52 AM EDT
Picked up a used 3rd Gen G17 at one of the LGSs here; noticed the frame is a 3rd Gen, 2-pin receiver with a 1 and a US on the SN; did some quick research and this serial number (1EKTxxxUS) was part of Glocks frame recall. Anyone else has one of these?

Also, notice the flat (non-LCI) extractor? Wonder what other parts are inside the slide? I will most likely drive to Gocvkmeister and have the parts replaced with newer ones, though most likely, these will not affect the performance of the newest member of my gun family.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:29:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe the 1 before the serial # means it's already been sent back to Glock and had the frame replaced as part of the recall so you should be good to go.  But you can call Glock, if you give them the serial # they can look up the history on whether it's been upgraded or not.

There's nothing wrong with the non-LCI extractor and the rest of the internal parts should be good to go as well.  Seems like a waste of money to get all the internals replaced.  Enjoy your new Glock
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:34:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Enjoy your new Glock
View Quote

Oh; I definitely will... This is the 3rd one I own,; my first Glock was a 21C that I bought right after I got back from Iraq in 03. Then a G19, which is my current CCW piece; and this one; which was bought with the intention of turning it into a quasi-race gun, with all the goodies in it; including an RMR.

I'm kind of on the fence about having the frame stippled and the trigger guard reprofiled. one of the LGS has a very good smith that does some very nice work on Glocks, specially stippling.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
My 17C sear host gun is part of the recall, but I never sent it back. About 5k rounds full auto and nothing has broken so far.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
cleaned, lubed, loaded and in the safe, ready to go. I love it when I find a good gun to add to my collection.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
My Department had all 450 of our frames with E serial number replaced when they did it.  The 1 in front means it is the new frame so you should not have any issues.  We used those guns for years before trading them in for Gen 4 guns when they came out.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I had an E-series G30 that had to have the frame replaced. Same thing: a 1 in front of the serial number.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Well; took my new G17 to the range and blasted about 150 rounds with only one malfunction; bad primer on one of my reloads - 149/150 is not bad at all...

Added a Ghost trigger and a Vickers extended mag release and that's it...

Now she's clean and back int he safe. i also took my "newish" Colt S80 Stainless Govt. Model and fed it some old HP ammo I had in the ammo bin, plus a box of hardball - 0 issues.

In all, a good range day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top