Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2016 10:17:10 PM EDT
I just sent back my BNIB G26 for the 2nd time today to Glock.  When I got it back the first time from Glock and went to the range the very first round was a FTF.  So far I've experienced FTF's, FTE's. Failures of the slide to return to battery, Brass to the face, stove pipe jams, and feed jams-rounds stuck in ramp.  This is with multiple ammo manufacturers, bullet weights and types, and even with ball ammo.  The pistol even came back from Glock scratched on the top of the slide.  I've owned 4 Glocks previously and never had any issues.  The service -both technical and customer service has been perfunctory at best.  Until Glock decides to build an $800 Glock with High Quality Parts -like the ones that made them famous- make this is my last Glock!  Why Glock feels they need to stay at a certain price point and invest in cheap MIM Parts is beyond me.  I have more wear on the locking block of my MIM G17 with 1000 rounds down the tube than a G19 that is over 15 years old!
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just sent back my BNIB G26 for the 2nd time today to Glock.  When I got it back the first time from Glock and went to the range the very first round was a FTF.  So far I've experienced FTF's, FTE's. Failures of the slide to return to battery, Brass to the face, stove pipe jams, and feed jams-rounds stuck in ramp.  This is with multiple ammo manufacturers, bullet weights and types, and even with ball ammo.  The pistol even came back from Glock scratched on the top of the slide.  I've owned 4 Glocks previously and never had any issues.  The service -both technical and customer service has been perfunctory at best.  Until Glock decides to build an $800 Glock with High Quality Parts -like the ones that made them famous- make this is my last Glock!  Why Glock feels they need to stay at a certain price point and invest in cheap MIM Parts is beyond me.  I have more wear on the locking block of my MIM G17 with 1000 rounds down the tube than a G19 that is over 15 years old!
View Quote

I just picked up a NIB Blue label 26 a couple weeks ago.  I've got a couple hundred rounds through it without a hiccup.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just picked up a NIB Blue label 26 a couple weeks ago.  I've got a couple hundred rounds through it without a hiccup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was real helpful.  

OP, sorry to hear about your problems.  That is definitely not the norm, I too am irritated Glock insists on meeting a price point instead of putting out quality pistols.  That's why I've recently bought two Gen2 17s.    I do own two Gen4 42s with no issues, knock on wood.  

Hopefully it comes back from Glock right this time, if not you're gonna have to dump it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Whole lot of info missing.  Gen 3 or 4?  Using reloads or brand new factory ammo?  Have you tried different mags with it?  Has another shooter tried it?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Regardless of your experience, OP, this is very rare occurrence, as you likely know.

But with any mass produced item, there will be lemons.

I hope and trust Glock will make right.  But laying down your hard earned $ and not getting what you expected is frustrating.

With more Glocks having passed thru my possession or hands than I can literally remember, I have only had one require repair/return to Glock.

Interested for final determination.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I know how you feel OP. After owning many Glocks that were uber-reliable,  I had a G19 with constant brass to face that soured me a bit, haven't bought a Glock since.  When you do get a good one they are usually GTG. But when you get a bad one, it can be a nightmare.

My advice is don't spend too much time trying to make it right.  Life is short move on.

I have a reliable G26 and will never let it go, but I also picked up a Shield, first S&W auto I've owned, and have been very impressed.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like operator error to me.

I've got MIM based Glocks that have 50K+ without issue, or problems... more than one at that.

Love how people can make a blanket statement about a product or company based on there single bad experience.

~g

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Regardless of your experience, OP, this is very rare occurrence, as you likely know.
View Quote

It isn't that rare.  

Been a long time Glock user and went thru their "return" process a few months ago on a NIB G23.  I think the current MIM parts Glock uses are making more turds these days than earlier Glocks.  

Plus Glock is always very secretive about their recalls upgrades and seem reluctant to disclose information on their mistakes.  They are also quick to claim "user error" on any issue prior to looking deeper into the problem.  

Good luck OP, hope you get it sorted out.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It isn't that rare.  

Been a long time Glock user and went thru their "return" process a few months ago on a NIB G23.  I think the current MIM parts Glock uses are making more turds these days than earlier Glocks.  

Plus Glock is always very secretive about their recalls upgrades and seem reluctant to disclose information on their mistakes.  They are also quick to claim "user error" on any issue prior to looking deeper into the problem.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't that rare.  

So that's two issues...sounds rare to me.  

Look up anecdotal.

Cheers,
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Glock fell off the reliability pedastal a while ago.  It's well documented by many people and there will be some that are either too new to shooting  to know, or people that don't want to admit it.  

It's a crying shame because there was a time where a malfunctioning Glock was extremely rare.  Those days are gone.  Not sure what to tell you op other than my G26 is right now hands down my favorite pistol.  Shoots like a big gun carries like a small gun.  If you find one that runs, it's a great gun.  But maybe you could try another brand of similar type gun.  The hk p2000sk comes to mind.  I almost went for an m&p compact 9mm before this one came to me.  I think I wouldve been happy with ith that too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Glock fell off the reliability pedastal a while ago.  It's well documented by many people and there will be some that are either too new to shooting  to know, or people that don't want to admit it.  

It's a crying shame because there was a time where a malfunctioning Glock was extremely rare.  Those days are gone.  Not sure what to tell you op other than my G26 is right now hands down my favorite pistol.  Shoots like a big gun carries like a small gun.  If you find one that runs, it's a great gun.  But maybe you could try another brand of similar type gun.  The hk p2000sk comes to mind.  I almost went for an m&p compact 9mm before this one came to me.  I think I wouldve been happy with ith that too.
View Quote

The FN9C is also a pistol I would like to try out and like you, I almost went with the M&P compact before I decided on a G19.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:10:14 PM EDT
[#11]
This is a Gen 3 G26 running everything from Winchester White Box, RP Ball, RP Golden Saber, Winchester Ranger, Speer GoldDots.  Pistol would not run on Ball Ammo-liked hollow points.

UPDATE**  Glock called me today and apologized for me having to send the pistol in a second time.  I was told it was Armorer error and that the original parts-extractor and firing pin were put back into the gun after they tested it with replacement parts and cleaned it.  A burr on the extractor was cited as the culprit.  They are fixing the pistol.  In addition, they are refinishing the slide which was scratched on the first return trip to me and they are throwing in a set of night sights.  From a service perspective they did everything right- accepted responsibility, provided a reasonable explanation, agreed to repair every issue, provided an ETA on return shipment and provided upgrades and perks.  The tech I spoke to told me the gun would back "perfect" and that he would personally test it. I thanked him for the great service and the follow-up.  

Bottom Line: I was really questioned to death by Customer Service when I asked to send the gun back again and I had to ship it back on my dime.  I put about 400 rounds through the gun before sending it in the first time thinking this was a break in issue.  I told my contact at Glock Customer Service the date I would be sending the pistol and provided the tracking number.  They questioned there was still a problem.  Meanwhile, I had a paperweight that wouldn't fire, a pistol with a very visible scratch down the top center of the slide, and what I perceived as an organization reluctant to help.  Fortunately, Glocks management team questioned the tech and got to the bottom of the issue.

One thing I won't back down on is the MIM Parts Situation.  I will eventually move the major components over to Lone Wolf-locking block, firing pin, firing pin safety, extractor, plunger, spring and loaded bearing.  MIM parts are not of the same quality and tight dimensions as the high end investment cast parts that made Glock famous,
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
So what does a program that allows first responders and retired military to purchase Glocks at a reduced price have to do with function and reliability?

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#13]

That was real helpful.  

OP, sorry to hear about your problems.  That is definitely not the norm, I too am irritated Glock insists on meeting a price point instead of putting out quality pistols.  That's why I've recently bought two Gen2 17s.    I do own two Gen4 42s with no issues, knock on wood.  

Hopefully it comes back from Glock right this time, if not you're gonna have to dump it.
View Quote

I was just providing my user experience, I'm not aware of what other help I can provide.  OP sounds like he has made up his mind regarding the product and his positition there of.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So what does a program that allows first responders and retired military to purchase Glocks at a reduced price have to do with function and reliability?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine is functioning fine so far and has been reliable in the ammount of rounds i have through it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Mine is functioning fine so far and has been reliable in the ammount of rounds i have through it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are missing my point.

Why did you feel it necessary to include the fact that it was a "Blue label" gun?

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why did you feel it necessary to include the fact that it was a "Blue label" gun?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they are serialized as such (I was told this by a dealer) and I am ignorant to any seperate process or qc beyond that.  If not and it isnt pertinent, disregard :)
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Its like a thread about Chevy trucks.

Poster 1. "My Chevy truck sucks!"

Poster 2. "My Chevy Truck has been OK."

Poster
3. MY Chevy truck that I purchased under the exclusive GMAC no interest
financing and employee pricing plan, has performed wonderfully for 400
miles!
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Its like a thread about Chevy trucks.

Poster 1. "My Chevy truck sucks!"

Poster 2. "My Chevy Truck has been OK."

Poster 3. MY Chevy truck that I purchased under the exclusive GMAC no interest financing and employee pricing plan, has performed wonderfully for 400 miles!
View Quote

Are you 12?
I think you're making a big deal about nothing.  He was just stating that he hasn't had any issues with his G26.
Who cares if he threw in some extra details about his purchase.  Why do you care so much?

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Limp wristing, pressure on extended mags, poor grip, pressure on slide stop, thumbs riding high dragging on slide, tight pistol, bad mag, shooter, and improper lubrication any of these factors can cause what you described OP.

Have you let another shooter shoot the pistol rule out something you may be doing.  Try shooting it left handed(weak hand).   My fiancé can make my G27 shit the bed on command but I can take the pistol and shoot it no problem.  Poor grip and the way she applies pressure on the extended base plate causes it to do exactly what yours is doing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I didn't read anything about extended mags being used.  Did I miss that?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Limp wristing, pressure on extended mags, poor grip, pressure on slide stop, thumbs riding high dragging on slide, tight pistol, bad mag, shooter, and improper lubrication any of these factors can cause what you described OP.

Have you let another shooter shoot the pistol rule out something you may be doing.  Try shooting it left handed(weak hand).   My fiancé can make my G27 shit the bed on command but I can take the pistol and shoot it no problem.  Poor grip and the way she applies pressure on the extended base plate causes it to do exactly what yours is doing.
View Quote

Nice Try Edgecrusher XES but I was shooting 1911 45's before Glock's-I don't limp wrist.  Also have small hands and I can get a solid three finger grip on the G26 frame, thumbs riding too high is irrelevant.  I removed the pearce extensions I had on the gun during my first range session  after I put the first 20 rounds down the tube and realized  there were issues.  Unfortunately the problems got worse not better.  Improper lubrication?  I run my Glocks fairly wet with Slip 2000-never an issue with 4 previous glocks.  Bad Shooter? I made rifleman my first time out at Project Appleseed!  I shoot at 25 yards not 25 feet and I hit what I aim at.  My groups with a pistol aren't perfect but on my worst day they are perfectly acceptable from a self-defense perspective, which is the key reason to own a handgun.  I did have several members of my club shoot the pistol with similar results.  Glock also verified the pistol was malfunctioning.

The point here is that if Glock continued to produce the high quality parts they're known for I wouldn't have an issue in the first place.  I would much rather have an $800 Glock that works than a $550 paperweight.  Glock needs to move off their current price point
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nice Try Edgecrusher XES but I was shooting 1911 45's before Glock's-I don't limp wrist.  Also have small hands and I can get a solid three finger grip on the G26 frame, thumbs riding too high is irrelevant.  I removed the pearce extensions I had on the gun during my first range session  after I put the first 20 rounds down the tube and realized  there were issues.  Unfortunately the problems got worse not better.  Improper lubrication?  I run my Glocks fairly wet with Slip 2000-never an issue with 4 previous glocks.  Bad Shooter? I made rifleman my first time out at Project Appleseed!  I shoot at 25 yards not 25 feet and I hit what I aim at.  My groups with a pistol aren't perfect but on my worst day they are perfectly acceptable from a self-defense perspective, which is the key reason to own a handgun.  I did have several members of my club shoot the pistol with similar results.  Glock also verified the pistol was malfunctioning.

The point here is that if Glock continued to produce the high quality parts they're known for I wouldn't have an issue in the first place.  I would much rather have an $800 Glock that works than a $550 paperweight.  Glock needs to move off their current price point
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 15 Glocks and the only problems I have ever had were attributed either to the shooter, RSA worn out, or weak mag spring that wore out.  Not trying to pee in your Cheerios I am offering you suggestions of things I have seen that cause the issues you speak of.  If you do not want help or constructive criticism do not post a problem in a tech forum.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have 15 Glocks and the only problems I have ever had were attributed either to the shooter, RSA worn out, or weak mag spring that wore out.  Not trying to pee in your Cheerios I am offering you suggestions of things I have seen that cause the issues you speak of.  If you do not want help or constructive criticism do not post a problem in a tech forum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're very thorough and I appreciate the constructive criticism.  I'm just still galled at the fact that a once totally dependable product is less than dependable for no real good reason.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Do you have the pistol currently or is it on way back to Glock.. If you have it what extractor do you have can you post pics of it?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#25]

One thing I won't back down on is the MIM Parts Situation.  I will eventually move the major components over to Lone Wolf-locking block, firing pin, firing pin safety, extractor, plunger, spring and loaded bearing.  MIM parts are not of the same quality and tight dimensions as the high end investment cast parts that made Glock famous,
View Quote

You may want to think twice about replacing all the MIM parts.  I chased reliability problems on a very early Gen 4 G17 by replacing lots of stuff with Lone Wolf parts, including the extractor.  Their "tool steel" extractor bent within a hundred or so rounds and caused reliability problems even after fixing the real root of the early Gen 4 issues (the ejector).  I put the stock MIM part back in and it has been flawless ever since - thousands of rounds.  I like Lone Wolf's 3.5 lb connector and other trigger parts but the ejector I got was inferior to the stock Glock part.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Do you have the pistol currently or is it on way back to Glock.. If you have it what extractor do you have can you post pics of it?
View Quote

It was a dipped extractor.

UPDATE** Glock called me today and apologized for me having to send the pistol in a second time. I was told it was Armorer error and that the original parts-extractor and firing pin were put back into the gun after they tested it with replacement parts and cleaned it. A burr on the extractor was cited as the culprit. They are fixing the pistol. In addition, they are refinishing the slide which was scratched on the first return trip to me and they are throwing in a set of night sights. From a service perspective they did everything right- accepted responsibility, provided a reasonable explanation, agreed to repair every issue, provided an ETA on return shipment and provided upgrades and perks. The tech I spoke to told me the gun would back "perfect" and that he would personally test it. I thanked him for the great service and the follow-up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

UPDATE** Glock called me today and apologized for me having to send the pistol in a second time. I was told it was Armorer error and that the original parts-extractor and firing pin were put back into the gun after they tested it with replacement parts and cleaned it. A burr on the extractor was cited as the culprit. They are fixing the pistol. In addition, they are refinishing the slide which was scratched on the first return trip to me and they are throwing in a set of night sights. From a service perspective they did everything right- accepted responsibility, provided a reasonable explanation, agreed to repair every issue, provided an ETA on return shipment and provided upgrades and perks. The tech I spoke to told me the gun would back "perfect" and that he would personally test it. I thanked him for the great service and the follow-up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#28]
K
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Help me out here, I can not figure out the acronym RSA.....I know it's something simple.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Recoil Spring Assembly

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am in IT I am human and I have done the very thing that happened to you.  Try loosing all of someone's data and the explaining to them how a perfect storm of Murphy's law happened.  I think you came out of the deal better off in the end with the night sight upgrade.  The scratch I would have asked them to keep it as character on the pistols journey through its life but that is me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top