Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2016 8:49:29 AM EDT
I purchased an older G19 that still has the 90degree ejection port cutout.  I know the other parts that need updating can be bought and installed cheap, but I can't change that angle.  I have a couple questions:
1.  How important is that particular update?  I think it's a safety issue of some sort
2.  What will Glock charge to get this pistol up to date?
3.  Will they upgrade the frame to a G4 if I pay extra?  

I know...give them a call, and I will, but trying to get a few minutes to do that while I'm working is almost impossible to do...I've been trying for a couple weeks, and thought the collective might know what Glocks current programs are...

Thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I had G17 and have a Glock 19 with the 90 degree ejection ports. It's not an issue and you can still buy the correct non LCI 90 degree extractors at Brownells and midway.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
1.  How important is that particular update?  I think it's a safety issue of some sort
2.  What will Glock charge to get this pistol up to date?
3.  Will they upgrade the frame to a G4 if I pay extra?  
View Quote

1. The 90 degree to 15 degree extractor change was not a safety issue, but a minor functionality change.  The gun will work fine with the 90 degree version.  No, they wont cut the extractor on your existing slide to 15 degrees.

2.  Glock will not charge anything to update the pistol.  If you live local you can take them in and they'll do it while you wait.

3. No, they won't upgrade the frame to G4, since the slide is also different.

Hope that helps,

-bob

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top