[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:56:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OiRogers] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GreenBastard:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/414440/IMG-0240-206420.JPG

New holster came in.
View Quote
My TR arrived in todays mail... 6 days from order.  Not bad at all.
So far, just as comfortable as my VG3.

I've got a 'slightly used' Raven one coming in tomorrows post... found one on Ebay and only 1 other bidder... got it for well under 1/2 price.

Edit to add:  After a few hours of wear last night and this AM... Like the VG3, it would seriously benefit from the Raven "Claw" thing used on the VG2 advanced and several AIWB kydex designs to tuck the gun butt closer to your gut.  I have 2 different AIWB holsters on order... both have a 'Claw'... guessing the TR and I will part ways when either arrive unless I can rig a way to add a Claw to this thing.  As it sits now, it's comfortable without a doubt standing or sitting if placed right, but the butt of my gun prints a bit more than I'd like under a T-shirt.  Not enough to be screaming "Large GUN under this shirt!!!", but enough that I notice it... and I'm pretty oblivious to printing when I carry.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:49:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackOpScottie] [#3]

TR came in already. That shipping time for a holster is impressive. Fits nice and feels nice. So far I like it. Fits my dawsons super high suppressor sights perfectly and seems to work good with my MOS.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:46:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: assaultdog0351] [#4]
Got the 147gr Lawman in. Works flawlessly with stock RSA.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Dog1:
Since no one bothered to answer my two questions about if anybody was reloading for the Roland special and what their loads were, here is mine - 5.2 grains of Auto comp with a 124 grain bullet. This is my target this morning at 10 yards controlled pairs -

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20170519-084313-211558.jpg

This is my Rolandish Special
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20170517-144421-211559.jpg

Slide work done by Primary Machine.
View Quote
Just starting into reloading a specific load for my build...
I have a metric ton of 95gr frangible FMJ and 115gr FMJ.  Going to have to find some heavier projectiles possibly... I'll see if I can get either of those running well (and printing near where my 147gr Win Ranger +P's hit), if not... I'll be on the hunt for a heavier projectile.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Since no one bothered to answer my two questions about if anybody was reloading for the Roland special and what their loads were, here is mine - 5.2 grains of Auto comp with a 124 grain bullet. This is my target this morning at 10 yards controlled pairs -

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20170519-084313-211558.jpg

This is my Rolandish Special
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20170517-144421-211559.jpg

Slide work done by Primary Machine.
View Quote
Any thoughts of tweaking that load? How did the brass and primer look?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:32:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dog1] [#8]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#9]

I don't think I'm going to do any tweaking on that load for right now. I'm pretty happy with the way it shoots and the recoil impulse.

The brass and primer looked fine.
View Quote
Of the two pistol powders I tried, Autocomp was much better. I'm shooting 147gr plated hollow points from Rocky Mountain Reloading. 

I was trying to replicate Speer Lawman 147gr but at least with my two powders, it wasn't achievable. 

Benched and sandbagged.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:47:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dog1] [#10]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#11]

I'm using 124 plated from Everglades Reloading. I have been using their 147 plated in my carry optics 17 as well as loading them for my subs for my cans.

I might try your AC load with my 147's. If I can get the same results as you and if it's as accurate and reliable as my 124's, then I may switch.

I tried Titegroup, but it was not liking it.
View Quote
With both these and 147gr Hornady XTPs, they were more accurate the faster they got pushed. I have an even more accurate load but it was over max load so Im leaving it at 3.9gr.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:46:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: assaultdog0351] [#13]
The following worked in my roland with stock RSA

124gr xtreme hp
CCI SPP

4gr titegroup
5.3gr CFE pistol

I had some issues with other loads but I will leave it out since the cases were primed over a year ago and just now loaded... so I'll leave be... the CCI loads worked great.

I can safely up the powder. also want to try autocomp and hs-6, and need a damn rail thingymabobber for my magneeto
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe it's time to post a Roland special load data thread.
View Quote
Do it and tag me!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TheGunslinger:
Do it and tag me!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheGunslinger:
Do it and tag me!
Pretty Please?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

include info on RSA used...
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:29:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: twitch1706] [#19]
Just got my Shield RMS mounted up.  This thing is tits.  Range report after I get off in a couple hours.

Quick #potatopic of my Fauxland.
Attachment Attached File

Edit:
I stand by my earlier statement; the RMS is tits.  Crystal clear window with zero fisheye, thin hood that almost completely disappears, and super lightweight.  Auto-adjust that's super responsive, daytime bright, and seems to find that Goldilocks zone of brightness.

Zeroed at 20yd and put 100rds down range.  My first pistol optic and I'm still getting used to it, but I think how low it sits is definitely helping to shorten the learning curve.  

I'll likely swap out the crummy OEM sights for tritium at some point but I'm picky- haven't yet found a rear with a U-notch and single lamp.  10-8 would be perfect but there's that pesky set-screw 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:47:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryGecko] [#20]
If anyone is looking for a very cheap temporary holster for their Roland, you may wan to look at the Blackhawk Omnivore.  I picked one up for my wife's M&P but discovered that not only does it work with my G19 + Micro Comp but it even works with my G17 + Comp.  

They make one for the Streamlight TLR1/2 and Surefire X300.  I have the TLR version.  

I made a video about it if you want to watch.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EwbK0IalPw
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:42:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: assaultdog0351] [#21]
Burnt off the blue loctite last range sesh...

Got some permtex red gel.... hopefully it holds up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By assaultdog0351:
Burnt off the blue loctite last range sesh...

Got some permtex red gel.... hopefully it holds up.
View Quote
How about rockset? Works on my suppressors. I have a huge bottle at home. Actually so much I grabbed some sterile eye dropped bottles from my pharmacy and poured some in there for my brother
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By twitch1706:
Just got my Shield RMS mounted up.  This thing is tits.  Range report after I get off in a couple hours.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/214392/IMG-2099-213995.JPG

Edit:
I stand by my earlier statement; the RMS is tits.  Crystal clear window with zero fisheye, thin hood that almost completely disappears, and super lightweight.  Auto-adjust that's super responsive, daytime bright, and seems to find that Goldilocks zone of brightness.

Zeroed at 20yd and put 100rds down range.  My first pistol optic and I'm still getting used to it, but I think how low it sits is definitely helping to shorten the learning curve.  

I'll likely swap out the crummy OEM sights for tritium at some point but I'm picky- haven't yet found a rear with a U-notch and single lamp.  10-8 would be perfect but there's that pesky set-screw 
View Quote
Awesome.

Did you order the RMS direct or through a US distributor?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:57:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 96Ag:

Awesome.

Did you order the RMS direct or through a US distributor?
View Quote
Got it through a buddy whose shop placed an order.  Not sure if it's something they'll stock or just a fluke though.

I've put another 200rds through it and I'm in love.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Gdirty5:

How about rockset? Works on my suppressors. I have a huge bottle at home. Actually so much I grabbed some sterile eye dropped bottles from my pharmacy and poured some in there for my brother
View Quote
Not sure. Blue didn't work so I went strait to red... will need to get it nice and hot before it comes off.

I would not recommend blue loctite to anyone that plans on actually putting some rounds through their gun.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By twitch1706:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/214392/IMG-2099-213995.JPG

Edit:

View Quote
Vickers Rear Sight Has A single dot.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:52:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackOpScottie] [#27]
Is there a comp for the goofy euro threaded glock factory barrels? I have one of those and don't want to do a whole kkm if I can find a comp for it. Otherwise I will get a kkm barrel and comp from weaponsoutfitters (if they're still in stock).
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#28]
TBRCi makes one in 13.5x1
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:43:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackOpScottie] [#29]
Originally Posted By ucf_stang:
TBRCi makes one in 13.5x1
View Quote
thanks, just grabbed one. I like how it says (commie) next to the thread pitch haha! it may look a bit silly with the kinda large space the factory glocks put between the barrel end and threads. Should be interesting to see how this turns out on my MOS model with factory threaded glock threads and barrel.

shot the fuck out of my mos with russian wolf and cheap aluminum cased stuff. Ate it all like a fat kid eats candy. I like that I can run range ammo without the comp so I don't know If i'm too thrilled about buying separate range ammo.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:50:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#30]
Originally Posted By BlackOpScottie:

thanks, just grabbed one. I like how it says (commie) next to the thread pitch haha! it may look a bit silly with the kinda large space the factory glocks put between the barrel end and threads. Should be interesting to see how this turns out on my MOS model with factory threaded glock threads and barrel.

shot the fuck out of my mos with russian wolf and cheap aluminum cased stuff. Ate it all like a fat kid eats candy. I like that I can run range ammo without the comp so I don't know If i'm too thrilled about buying separate range ammo.
View Quote
They look just fine on a factory threaded 19 barrel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I used red permatex and the screws are still coming lose after about 400 rounds.

I might need to use more than alcohol.

Maybe brake clean the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I've been running two of the new Mayhem Syndicate carry comps for a few weeks, with 700 rounds thru them between the two, and I have to say -

I love these comps. Brings it to the size of a G17, and works REALLY well.

My buddy shot his Roland with the TBRCi comp back to back with my Mayhem comped G19, and he agreed that the Mayhem comp seemed to work better.

Only downside is that its only sold as a complete system, due to super short threads, and the milled area for the roll pin to secure the comp to the barrel.

I don't regret spending the money on these whatsoever.

2017-05-30_07-02-09 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:10:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#33]
dupe
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Airborne_Infantryman:
I've been running two of the new Mayhem Syndicate carry comps for a few weeks, with 700 rounds thru them between the two, and I have to say -

I love these comps. Brings it to the size of a G17, and works REALLY well.

My buddy shot his Roland with the TBRCi comp back to back with my Mayhem comped G19, and he agreed that the Mayhem comp seemed to work better.

Only downside is that its only sold as a complete system, due to super short threads, and the milled area for the roll pin to secure the comp to the barrel.

I don't regret spending the money on these whatsoever.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4219/34189369513_ccb7aa95d9_k.jpg2017-05-30_07-02-09 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
View Quote
Those look awesome. Have you tried a TBRCi comp? If so can you tell a difference in recoil reduction between the 2?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TerryGecko:

Those look awesome. Have you tried a TBRCi comp? If so can you tell a difference in recoil reduction between the 2?
View Quote
I shot his Roland with the TBRCi comp side by side with my Mayhem equipped G19, and could definitely tell a difference.

Him, myself, as well as my wife could tell a difference between the two.

Not sure what the science is behind the Mayhem comp, but it works great.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Any of the matte KKM barrels/comps in stock anywhere?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

That's interesting. I thought about the Mayhem for a little while, but I just promised a guy in the EE I'd buy his factory threaded barrel as soon as my PP cleared.

I was really interested in it because than I could fit my 17 into a 34 holster, but not knowing it's performance against the 2-chamber comps and my concern about running an aftermarket barrel in CCF/ATOM combo kept me looking at a factory barrel.
View Quote
Eh I have a factory threaded glock 19 barrel. I would rather just spend the 80$ on the comp than 300+ for a the mayhem system personally even if it is a bit better.

I have a real Fo-land with trigger job and stuff being machined for me and a KKM barrel and comp on the way. I will compare the two
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#39]

I shot his Roland with the TBRCi comp side by side with my Mayhem equipped G19, and could definitely tell a difference.

Him, myself, as well as my wife could tell a difference between the two.

Not sure what the science is behind the Mayhem comp, but it works great.
View Quote
The Roland you compared the Mayhem comp with, was it with the original Tbrc comp or the Tbrc v3 comp?
Just trying to see the difference and if it's worth me changing from Tbrc to Mayhem.
I originally had the KKM comp very early on and regret selling it because it's the best at reducing muzzle flip
vs the Tbrc v3.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 6:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#40]
Originally Posted By Dacam:

The Roland you compared the Mayhem comp with, was it with the original Tbrc comp or the Tbrc v3 comp?
Just trying to see the difference and if it's worth me changing from Tbrc to Mayhem.
I originally had the KKM comp very early on and regret selling it because it's the best at reducing muzzle flip
vs the Tbrc v3.
Thanks
View Quote
It was the newest version of the TBRCI comp. V3 I believe. Here's a pic of the exact gun we all compared my Mayhem system to -

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#41]

It was the newest version of the TBRCI comp. V3 I believe. Here's a pic of the exact gun we all compared my Mayhem system to -

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241023/IMG-20170421-155200-229-220669.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241023/IMG-20170523-203832-746-220670.JPG
View Quote
How does the Mayhem compare to the NOC?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By detacbob:

How does the Mayhem compare to the NOC?
View Quote
Two totally different systems, but if you're talking in terms of the comp, I found the Mayhem comp to work a little better than my NOC....and it didn't require a 500 round break in period either.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:44:33 AM EDT
[#43]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241023/IMG-20170421-155200-229-220669.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241023/IMG-20170523-203832-746-220670.JPG
View Quote
Do you think the perceived reduction in muzzle flip (shooting flatter), is the lack of added weight at
the rear of the slide due to the Rmr? Thoughts?
I really want the Mayhem to be THE ONE!
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:07:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#44]
Originally Posted By Dacam:

Do you think the perceived reduction in muzzle flip (shooting flatter), is the lack of added weight at
the rear of the slide due to the Rmr? Thoughts?
I really want the Mayhem to be THE ONE!
Thanks
View Quote
Possibly. Great question. I'll shoot my Mayhem and RMR equipped G19 next to his in the future.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:34:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dtux] [#45]
The woman seems to like my Fauxland -

I've got a trigger on the way and I still need to figure out if I'm going to stipple it, send it off, or live with it as is.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By dtux:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4270/34893870641_7875498ba9_b.jpg

I've got a trigger on the way and I still need to figure out if I'm going to stipple it, send it off, or live with it as is.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4251/34953384596_d62c4c8772_b.jpg
View Quote
Is the comp pinned and welded? I was looking at building a Fauxland, but being in CA makes the comp part a little difficult.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By -Fozzy-:
Is the comp pinned and welded? I was looking at building a Fauxland, but being in CA makes the comp part a little difficult.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -Fozzy-:
Originally Posted By dtux:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4270/34893870641_7875498ba9_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4251/34953384596_d62c4c8772_b.jpg
From my research, I believe one could opt for that method and be in the clear. Examples being pinned and welded AR pistols that are apparently kosher with the state. I, uh, am adhering to all of California's whims and fancies. Scout's honor.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Moses_J:

Vickers Rear Sight Has A single dot.
View Quote
Not one that's compatible with MOS slides.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Okay, I'll be the first to bite. Details on the surefire holster?
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top