BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're welcome, and thanks to you guys for the extra 2 mags you sent me today
Looks like I got my order processed twice somehow.
I'll shoot ya an email Monday so you can charge me, cause I aint sending em back
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These seem really nice and smooth, might need some more.
http://http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p485/leonjohnson1942/IMG_2603_zpszhz1tlmy.jpg

Nice picture. Enjoy the mags. Thanks for your business!

I'll shoot ya an email Monday so you can charge me, cause I aint sending em back

E-mail sent.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered 3 from B- ach and they arrived in 3 days,  finally found some G19 in stock,  the G17 magazines ive used have worked well for me.

these will live with my G23 conversion so I can tell which one it is........

will there ever be a CLEAR version?  with no tint?
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Where in TN are you guys out of?

How do these function with wolf / Tula? Only reason I ask is that it's my preferred drill ammo due to cost and the fact I can pick up "brass" with a magnet.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

E-mail sent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These seem really nice and smooth, might need some more.
http://http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p485/leonjohnson1942/IMG_2603_zpszhz1tlmy.jpg

Nice picture. Enjoy the mags. Thanks for your business!

E-mail sent.

Ordered 2 more last night out of guilt.
An ar mag and a 31 rd Glock.
Really need some time to go shoot em, damn work.
When I get some time, I have 2-3 various brands of steel in 9mm that I don't shoot, I will try them out and post results.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where in TN are you guys out of?

How do these function with wolf / Tula? Only reason I ask is that it's my preferred drill ammo due to cost and the fact I can pick up "brass" with a magnet.
View Quote

People in this thread are posting mixed results.  Some claim possible issues with the OAL of the ammo.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Can places like Cabela's carry ETS?  They have the Magpul mags and I have one close to me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can places like Cabela's carry ETS?  They have the Magpul mags and I have one close to me.
View Quote

From their website.

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Group-Where-To-Buy-s/1821.htm
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I stopped in wally world during lunch break to buy some Tula to take some measurements tonight.
I don't shoot Tula but was curious and after seeing no one in the area and the phone ringing away, I decided to leave.
After looking around on my way out, I remembered why I Don't shop at that devils den of iniquity.
Cool story.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#12]
just waiting on springs for my 22's and contemplating the 31's if no one has had any trouble with them?
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
just waiting on springs for my 22's and contemplating the 31's if no one has had any trouble with them?
View Quote

I will post a report on the 31rd after this weekend, but no time this week to go shoot.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Cabela's is not one of our dealers yet. Should be before too long. If you can't find a dealer locally there are several reputable online dealers that carry our mags. Also remember that we offer a lifetime warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee no matter where you purchase our mags.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cabela's is not one of our dealers yet. Should be before too long. If you can't find a dealer locally there are several reputable online dealers that carry our mags. Also remember that we offer a lifetime warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee no matter where you purchase our mags.

I know where to find them, I have a bunch.  I shop Cabela's quite a bit using points and gift cards when I can.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have one of the 31 round mags.

I have fired several full mags through both my 17 as well as my 26 with no issues. I prefer the 22 rounder as a back up though, the 31 gets a little long and tends to get in the way. And the 31 will seat on a closed slide when loaded with 31.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I had a terrible experience with a recent purchase of 6 G22 magazines. They all performed dismally at the range. I loaded them fully (16 rounds) and left them for about a week before my range day. Once at the range, no matter if I loaded them with 15 or 16 rounds, I had numerous FTF problems - the lip seemed to allow the front of the round to elevate so much that it missed the feed ramp and the slide closed on the side of the round instead of chambering it. This happened at various fill-levels in the magazine - both when almost full and when almost empty. The gun functioned perfectly with Glock factory magazines the same day.

I sent an Email and PM to ETS but did not hear back x 48 hours. [update: 11:43PM 8/10/16 they did email me back quickly but my overzealous spam filter blocked their message.]

Buyer beware. The 9mm magazines may be good but the .40 cal mags were terrible for me.

Update: They offered to replace the 6 mags. Once they arrive I will test them out on our next training day and respond back with an update. Good CS by ETS. Bad Spam filter by yahoo.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I had a terrible experience with a recent purchase of 6 G22 magazines. They all performed dismally at the range. I loaded them fully (16 rounds) and left them for about a week before my range day. Once at the range, no matter if I loaded them with 15 or 16 rounds, I had numerous FTF problems - the lip seemed to allow the front of the round to elevate so much that it missed the feed ramp and the slide closed on the side of the round instead of chambering it. This happened at various fill-levels in the magazine - both when almost full and when almost empty. The gun functioned perfectly with Glock factory magazines the same day.

I sent an Email and PM to ETS but did not hear back x 48 hours.

Buyer beware. The 9mm magazines may be good but the .40 cal mags were terrible for me.
View Quote

PM the rep here in this thread.  They will take care of you.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#19]
So I bought a few of the 17 and 19 mags.  Based on previous posts in this thread I figured if they don't work perfectly, I'll say something and get a few free mags.  But sure enough, my luck they all worked without a problem.  Geez, I can't catch a break!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Haha. Tough break. You know, we were talking today in a meeting about customer service, return rates, failure rates and stuff like that. It's truly amazing how few mags have problems given the total number sold. That said, when you look at the internet and forums in general you seem to get a much more skewed version because most of the people who have great experiences don't feel the need to come share it with everyone.

Please understand that I am not complaining at all. Our customer's are the best and have always been great even when we have to replace something for them. I feel like we have a great reputation and always take care of our customer's. Everyone on these forums have been fantastic. We have never, not once, rejected a customer's warranty issue, even when they call us and say "I was trying to see what it would take to break your mag and finally ______- did it. ."  We usually ask to see pictures of the carnage. Then we always replace the mags for them anyway.

It has been a fun couple of years doing this. As I have said before, we aren't perfect, but we will ALWAYS take care of our customers.

Thanks to everyone for your support. We appreciate it!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So I bought a few of the 17 and 19 mags.  Based on previous posts in this thread I figured if they don't work perfectly, I'll say something and get a few free mags.  But sure enough, my luck they all worked without a problem.  Geez, I can't catch a break!

Haha. Tough break. You know, we were talking today in a meeting about customer service, return rates, failure rates and stuff like that. It's truly amazing how few mags have problems given the total number sold. That said, when you look at the internet and forums in general you seem to get a much more skewed version because most of the people who have great experiences don't feel the need to come share it with everyone.

Please understand that I am not complaining at all. Our customer's are the best and have always been great even when we have to replace something for them. I feel like we have a great reputation and always take care of our customer's. Everyone on these forums have been fantastic. We have never, not once, rejected a customer's warranty issue, even when they call us and say "I was trying to see what it would take to break your mag and finally ______- did it. ."  We usually ask to see pictures of the carnage. Then we always replace the mags for them anyway.

It has been a fun couple of years doing this. As I have said before, we aren't perfect, but we will ALWAYS take care of our customers.

I lost the link to the thread where the guy was going to let some AR mags bake in the sun for a month. Did you end up sending him some? Can you send me a link to that thread please if you have it?

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I lost the link to the thread where the guy was going to let some AR mags bake in the sun for a month. Did you end up sending him some? Can you send me a link to that thread please if you have it?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I be the guy who lets ETS mags sit out in the harsh Montana winter?  I officially volunteer!
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Just a quick test today of the 17rd.
Did fine, no issues, not that I expected any.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sure. I know it gets cold there, But probably not as cold as in the Thermatron chamber.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I be the guy who lets ETS mags sit out in the harsh Montana winter?  I officially volunteer!

Sure. I know it gets cold there, But probably not as cold as in the Thermatron chamber.  

I was out elk hunting in -17 last year and the bolt on my rifle froze shut.  No rain, no snow, just friggen cold.

We could leave the ETS mags out in the wind, snow, and rain for the winter for the test.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Measured some steel this morning, since it has been mentioned, still don't have any Tula to measure.
All below are ball ammo:
Geco brass 124gr...1.153"..This stuff is great by the way, just got 2k more
Monarch (Academy) 115gr..1.1635"
Brown Bear 115gr...1.158
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#30]
These things multiply.
Got some pistol training scheduled for 9/1, I will use these and report back.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Finally got to the range.  Fired all nine of my 10 round magazines with no failures at all.  Great magazines ETS, thank you!
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Side note:
Not the AR forum but my AR mag holds 31rds.
I always download , so mine will only be sporting 29rds.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 11:59:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Here is a link to the last page of that thread.

Sun Torture Test for AR mags Thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is a link to the last page of that thread.

Sun Torture Test for AR mags Thread
Thank  you sir.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Finally got around to installing my new springs in my 22 round magazines.

Im going to have to call these, officially, 21 round magazines.  They barely will lock in there with 22 rounds, and swell to the point where they wont drop free with 22 in there.

That being said, I still love them and plan to buy more.  I just don't feel under any circumstances that these are legit 22 round mags.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Im going to have to call these, officially, 21 round magazines.  They barely will lock in there with 22 rounds, and swell to the point where they wont drop free with 22 in there.

That being said, I still love them and plan to buy more.  I just don't feel under any circumstances that these are legit 22 round mags.
View Quote

Haven't been in this thread in awhile but where did you get your springs for the 22 rd mags? My 31 rd mags are doing great but my 22 rd mags seem to have springs that either too short or too weak. My slide won't lock back and the follower does not even come to the top of the mag anymore. Still feeds for now but I'd like to replace the springs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Haven't been in this thread in awhile but where did you get your springs for the 22 rd mags? My 31 rd mags are doing great but my 22 rd mags seem to have springs that either too short or too weak. My slide won't lock back and the follower does not even come to the top of the mag anymore. Still feeds for now but I'd like to replace the springs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have the same issue with all 6 of my 22rd mags, I'm still waiting for replacement springs from ETS. On The up side, all 10 of my 17rd mags work as expected

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got my new springs direct from ETS.

The originals only held 21 rounds; I could force 22 in there, but it felt way too cramped.  They were also, with the baseplate removed, only about 1/4 inch longer than the body of the magazine.

The new springs, again, from ETS, only hold 21 rounds.  I can get 22 rounds in.  SLIGHTLY easier than the old springs, but if I do, the mag body swells and they wont drop free from my my 17 or 34.  With 21 rounds in, they insert beautifully, eject fine with a full load of rounds.  The springs extend past the body with the baseplate off by about 1 1/4 inches or so.  

My magazines, with the old springs, worked fine and locked the slide back.  However, they were VERY sensitive to my grip.  If my thumb was anywhere near the slide lock, they wouldn't lock back.  If I ensured my thumb was nowhere close to the slide lock, they locked back 100% of the time, even with underpowered ammo.

I have not function tested the magazines with the new springs, but considering they are longer than the old ones, feel stronger, and are easier to get that 22nd round in, Im not worried about it.  

Still, these are 21 round mags, and NOT 22 round mags.  Close, but not quite.  I have a feeling this is why the magpuls are marketed as 21 round mags.  My guess is that at 140mm, having an all plastic mag, with a plastic baseplate, with a plastic baseplate locking tab, 140 is just too short to get 22 rounds.  My factory mags with TTI extension are right at 140mm, but do not require the plastic locking tab, and my guess is since they are metal, they are thinner at the very bottom compared to the plastic baseplates, allowing just enough room to easily get that 22nd round in.  

Factory mags plus TTI extensions with 23 rounds feel exactly like ETS 22 round magazines do with 22 rounds.  Doable, but it just doesn't feel right.  Same way you can get 11 rounds in an HK45 magazine.  It fits, it will insert, but it feels like you're doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Bought one of the 22rd Glock mags to try in my AR9.  Hope they drop free unlike the Magpul. Can't find the AR mags local but may look into them.  

Hope to try the 9mm soon
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
All of you guys having trouble with the 22 round springs, please hang tight. I hope to have something new for you in a few days....

You know we will take care of you.  
View Quote

Already have!   The mags, regardless of 22 vs 21 are fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

All of you guys having trouble with the 22 round springs, please hang tight. I hope to have something new for you in a few days....

View Quote
Should we hold off buying 22 rounders then? I can wait.....maybe.....

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:43:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I need to know this also, cause that is next on my list.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Ive got some of the better springs they sent out and after one use no issues so far and locked the slide to the rear each time, prior they still fed great just no slide lock on empty. Need two more springs for my buddys mags
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ive got some of the better springs they sent out and after one use no issues so far and locked the slide to the rear each time, prior they still fed great just no slide lock on empty. Need two more springs for my buddys mags
View Quote

Same here.  Had three 22 rounders that would feed fine but wouldn't lock the slide back.

Emailed ETS and they replaced the Mags.  Latest generation of springs is much improved!  Good CS.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Yep.  Their customer service is top notch.  I'll keep buying ETS as long as the political hacks allow.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#46]
I'll be using them in a steel match this coming tuesday so I'll see if I have any issues out of the new springs.

now to those rit dye(or make purple) friendly base plates and followers
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Great thread. I am going to get a bunch of the g17 mags to use in my LTC classes. Will make it easy to count rounds in mags and they are not expenaive to purchase.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 8:26:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Bought a 22rd Glock mag, failure to feed every 3-5 rds, wouldn't lock back.

ETS took care of me real quick, great customer service.

New mag wouldn't lock back when empty. No failures to feed.

Gonna wait and see what the fix is.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#49]

Anyone get replacement springs yet for the 22rd mags? I was told on 8/10 my springs would ship that day, still haven't received them...

For those that have received new 22rd springs, how are they working? My springs didn't produce failures to lock on the last rd until I had 6ish cycles on them...

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#50]
I have the glock 19 mags. They feed well, but I can only get 14 rounds in each one.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top