Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]
After today I have 6000 rounds through ETS mags and they are going strong.  They spent today getting dropped on concrete.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You need new springs in those. Please email customer service and we will get some new springs on the way to you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I have a half dozen of these mags by now. The couple old AR mags work great, but the three 22 round Glock 17 mags all consistently fail to hold the slide open on empty  the vast majority of the time.

The follower has very little spring tension when the bag is empty and when I remove the floorplate the plastic baseplate just under the floorplate doesn't even pop out enough to stand proud from the magazine body .  The best that I can figure is that they used factory 17 round Glock 17 magazine springs in this 22 round mag by mistake.....

Needless to say they're going to need more work before I will be confident carrying them on duty.

The AR mag seems ready to go however.

You need new springs in those. Please email customer service and we will get some new springs on the way to you.

I've got a decent pile of ETS mags and everything else is outstanding. I'm about to start carrying the 30 round coupled AR mags on duty. They're a novel concept and I always forget to grab an extra mag when I'm bailing out of my police car on felony traffic stops or weapons disturbances or whatever  and without fail, as soon as I'm too far to go back, it occurs to me that it would be nice to have another for "just in case". Situations like this:

shootings at Houston auto shop leave gunman, customer dead

The 15 round G19 mags are a winner too, it was just these 22 rounders that had me like WTF? I'm wondering how many coils these are supposed to have. That would tell me if it's just weak springs with the right number of coils, or the the wrong spring with the wrong number of coils...
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#3]
So I discovered the problem. They put some 9 coil Glock 19 mag springs in a 22 round mag body that calls for 12 coil mag springs.

On the bright side, their followers are proprietary, which sucks, but they incorporated a nub on the follower to keep it centered and level and it actually appears to be a design enhancement and improvement over factory mags that will aid in reliability and function.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Got about 4 mags worth of testing thru my 22 rounders, and they work fine so far. I know it's not a high round count or anything but its a good start.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just cut a little channel in each side of your Glock grip, a la ASP.  

http://www.securityarms.com/photos/1278440337.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Glock needs to make a see thru receivers so I can take full advantage of my ETS mag's.

We stipple Glock grips @ home, so....
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I got some of the new .40 mags (two) and they don't drop free when loaded.  Is this common?  My 9mm ETS work fine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  Glock needs to make a see thru receivers so I can take full advantage of my ETS mag's.

Inspiration needed?

" />

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#12]
That's badass.  I'd just be worried about it holding up after thousands of rounds.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered a couple of the G22 mags along with a couple AR mags and also a few colored followers from the ETS site.  I haven't had a chance to test them out at the range yet, but was disappointed at how they were shipped.  They just threw the mags in loose in a HUGE box for them to rattle around and bang against each other.  The box was also fairly crushed, but not compromised so nothing fell out.  The quality seems decent so far, but I was so put off by lack of care in how they were shipped I don't think I'll chance ordering anymore.  I also didn't see or notice anything about a military/leo discount when I purchased. Here is one of the G22 mags with an X-grip with my G23.

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:48:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 1:06:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If shipping hurts our mags we are in real trouble.

I don't doubt that it won't destroy the mag, but getting new mags already with scratches on it is disappointing.

That said, the clams the mags sell in retail would almost double the shipping cost.

Maybe not putting them in a box that could hold 20 mags in their packaging would keep the cost down.

So, due to customer feedback that they just throw the packaging away and don't want to pay more for shipping, we made the decision to ship them in clear plastic bags.

Maybe if it had stayed in this plastic bag, the only plastic bag I saw was the one the colored followers were in, which wouldn't have been big enough to hold everything else.

This will in no way harm the mag. I apologize for letting you down on the packaging. Hopefully we will exceed your expectations in performance.
Having said all of this, please respond here letting me know if you would wish to pay more for shipping and have them shipped in retail packaging because we really do listen to our customers feedback.

If paying you a couple bucks more means I can get either a smaller box or some packing material to keep the box getting destroyed and possibly having stuff fall out or get scratched up before I even get it.  I'm all for it.  Maybe you could have the option of "shitty packing-free" and "decent packing-$3".

We appreciate your business.

Not anymore.  Sorry to have ruined your party.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't doubt that it won't destroy the mag, but getting new mags already with scratches on it is disappointing.

That said, the clams the mags sell in retail would almost double the shipping cost.

Maybe not putting them in a box that could hold 20 mags in their packaging would keep the cost down.

So, due to customer feedback that they just throw the packaging away and don't want to pay more for shipping, we made the decision to ship them in clear plastic bags.

Maybe if it had stayed in this plastic bag, the only plastic bag I saw was the one the colored followers were in, which wouldn't have been big enough to hold everything else.

This will in no way harm the mag. I apologize for letting you down on the packaging. Hopefully we will exceed your expectations in performance.
Having said all of this, please respond here letting me know if you would wish to pay more for shipping and have them shipped in retail packaging because we really do listen to our customers feedback.

If paying you a couple bucks more means I can get either a smaller box or some packing material to keep the box getting destroyed and possibly having stuff fall out or get scratched up before I even get it.  I'm all for it.  Maybe you could have the option of "shitty packing-free" and "decent packing-$3".

By Felicia
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 6:37:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I need to pick up some more standard 17 ETS mags
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:  If shipping hurts our mags we are in real trouble. That said, the clams the mags sell in retail would almost double the shipping cost. So, due to customer feedback that they just throw the packaging away and don't want to pay more for shipping, we made the decision to ship them in clear plastic bags. This will in no way harm the mag. I apologize for letting you down on the packaging. Hopefully we will exceed your expectations in performance.

View Quote

Perhaps have a special snowflake option @ checkout?  Comes in environmentally responsible packaging in an Earth-safe natural gas fueled delivery truck?
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow, really thinned skinned peeps. When I order I am fine with shipping in a Ceral  box loaded with rocks. Scratched mags are okay with me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Inspiration needed?

http://<a href=http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u558/gotuonpaper/Mobile%20Uploads/1607B913-1F1E-41FC-A6C1-4C11089447E2_zpsq0qxrodb.png</a>" />

<a href="http://s1321.photobucket.com/user/gotuonpaper/media/Mobile%20Uploads/91B1E662-017A-4910-9E5D-023F4993FAEF_zpsftldo2g7.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u558/gotuonpaper/Mobile%20Uploads/91B1E662-017A-4910-9E5D-023F4993FAEF_zpsftldo2g7.png</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inspiration needed?

http://<a href=http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u558/gotuonpaper/Mobile%20Uploads/1607B913-1F1E-41FC-A6C1-4C11089447E2_zpsq0qxrodb.png</a>" />

<a href="http://s1321.photobucket.com/user/gotuonpaper/media/Mobile%20Uploads/91B1E662-017A-4910-9E5D-023F4993FAEF_zpsftldo2g7.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u558/gotuonpaper/Mobile%20Uploads/91B1E662-017A-4910-9E5D-023F4993FAEF_zpsftldo2g7.png</a>

That's pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

By Felicia
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By Felicia

Did he just alienate himself in under 50 posts?

That has to be a record, excluding obvious troll accounts.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember when I was easily hurt by minor things. Then I turned 9 and that stopped.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow I've never seen so much butt hurt over how something was shipped.

I shot my 31 round magazine last weekend. It fed through my glock 19 perfectly. I really like this magazine, mostly for the looks. But reports seem to be very good in reliability and the company seems to care about its customers. I plan on buying more of a few different capacities before the election panic.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I remember when I was easily hurt by minor things. Then I turned 9 and that stopped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a couple glocks and a glock mag AR.  I was thinking I would grab some of these some day but I figure I have to get on it now thanks to whiny mortar pants bitching about shipping.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, he's f***ed if he ever needs to do a mag change and lets the mag drop on the floor.

Wait, they're designed to do that.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Same here; I'd like to try a case for 9mm AR's.  

They're interesting as hell, and I really WANT 20 or 30 (or whatever comes in a full box), but I don't want to deal with Botach (I've had too many problems with them in the past).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a couple glocks and a glock mag AR.  I was thinking I would grab some of these some day but I figure I have to get on it now thanks to whiny mortar pants bitching about shipping.

They're interesting as hell, and I really WANT 20 or 30 (or whatever comes in a full box), but I don't want to deal with Botach (I've had too many problems with them in the past).

Just order them directly from Ets. Stupid fast shipping, even if it's only in a plastic bag in a box.

Not sure if it's been pointed out in this thread, but loaded, these mags are quite a bit lighter than factory mags. I got roughly 3 ounces on my little food scale. That definitely helps when you add stuff like magwells or rmr's to your carry gun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 1:21:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a heads up, both DSG arms and gunmag warehouse both carry ETS now and ship super quick. If it shows on their site as in stock, its gtg!

... unlike fotak which always shows in stock and a week later you get an emails saying its backordered...
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#35]
The FTF issues I had didn't go away so I sent an email to ETS and had 2 new springs shipped to my house in less than a week.

The new springs feel a lot stiffer than the original ones. I'm not sure if I got a bad batch with my original order or not, but the customer service was excellent. I'll be buying some of the coupler AR mags next.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Any update on this?  I'm having the same issue with my 22rd mags.  Very little spring tension and they won't lock the slide to the rear when empty.  

Quoted:
So I discovered the problem. They put some 9 coil Glock 19 mag springs in a 22 round mag body that calls for 12 coil mag springs.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/hkusp999/752ADEE9-189C-44FA-813D-827FB2B2D347_zps95d5eeb4.jpg

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/hkusp999/448FCDA8-3454-432B-8DF0-88291864EB19_zpsigf5ww1b.jpg

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/hkusp999/9B548BF8-B497-43C5-A181-EFCD2C30AEB6_zps7auckdbm.jpg

On the bright side, their followers are proprietary, which sucks, but they incorporated a nub on the follower to keep it centered and level and it actually appears to be a design enhancement and improvement over factory mags that will aid in reliability and function.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Different Mike
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Thank you for the fast response and great service, much appreciated

Quoted:

Hey Mike,
Sorry for the trouble. Pleas email customer service or send me a message and we will get replacement springs to you. There are some springs out there that take too large of a set thus leaving them too short. When that happened, it won't consistently lock the slide back.

PS, I just sent an email to a Mike with this problem, I assume it is you. Again sorry for the trouble, we will get you taken care of.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any update on this?  I'm having the same issue with my 22rd mags.  Very little spring tension and they won't lock the slide to the rear when empty.  

Quoted:

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/hkusp999/752ADEE9-189C-44FA-813D-827FB2B2D347_zps95d5eeb4.jpg

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/hkusp999/448FCDA8-3454-432B-8DF0-88291864EB19_zpsigf5ww1b.jpg

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/hkusp999/9B548BF8-B497-43C5-A181-EFCD2C30AEB6_zps7auckdbm.jpg

Hey Mike,
Sorry for the trouble. Pleas email customer service or send me a message and we will get replacement springs to you. There are some springs out there that take too large of a set thus leaving them too short. When that happened, it won't consistently lock the slide back.

PS, I just sent an email to a Mike with this problem, I assume it is you. Again sorry for the trouble, we will get you taken care of.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 3:27:05 AM EDT
[#40]
I got two 22 rounders and ran them through my 19 no problems. Did mag dump, dropped the mags, tossed them in the air and let them drop had zero problems with them. They should be nice for 3 gun with my 34
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Picked up a couple 22s for 3 gun in my 34 and a 10 to test for friends behind enemy lines. The springs were stout causing the last round to be almost overly tight. They would still seat on a closed slide. As with all mags these should loosen a bit. Glad to say function was 100%. Slide lock on the final round, drop free and no breakage upon hitting the floor. I prefer metal feed lips for durability but the polymer seems beefy. Time will tell but for half the price of factory mags these are clear winners.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#42]
The place who shall remain nameless that starts with a B came through for me
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#43]
So three of my four 22 rounders worked flawlessly. However one of them didn't lock the slide back on last round after being loaded for a month. I emailed ets and ft emailed back quick enough saying I had a spring issue and they needed my address, replied back and gave my address and nothing. It's been almost 2 weeks now.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reminds me of the time I shipped out some pmags and the guy had a hussy fit because they scratched each other.

I mean magazines might end up getting dropped. Why the fuss over plastic on plastic scratches.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Just a heads up, both DSG arms and gunmag warehouse both carry ETS now and ship super quick. If it shows on their site as in stock, its gtg!

... unlike fotak which always shows in stock and a week later you get an emails saying its backordered...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bought a few off of DSG when I posted on here.  I loaded a handful of rounds to check last round bolt hold over and over on my 9mm AR.  They seem like quality mags. I got the 30 rounder and the 22s.  I will keep messing with them but thus far I haven't seen an issue.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#47]
I took delivery of a bunch of ETS mags on Friday. I took two of the Glock 19 mags to the range for my weekly practice. I shot the Dot Torture Drill this time around. I ran 50 rounds without any issues. Drill requires lots of reloads, dropping mags etc....Everything worked fine and the mags are none the worse for wear. I intend to use these magazines for a year of practice and classes etc....and see how they hold up.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#48]
ETS,

Is this spring issue resolved on new mags?
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Reminds me of the time I shipped out some pmags and the guy had a hussy fit because they scratched each other.

I mean magazines might end up getting dropped. Why the fuss over plastic on plastic scratches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scratches I hope he does not ever intend to shoot a competition and have his mags hit the ground.  I wonder if since they are scratched he wants to sell them obviously half price since they show use.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top