User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sooo, this happened on all 3 of my 22rd 9mm mags at a USPSA match yesterday, several times. Happened when downloaded to 20rd also. Wat do?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/263232/20170430-131900b-199564.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/263232/20170430-131827-199565.JPG
View Quote
I just picked up 2 of these mags to try out . The 22 round mag has the same issue . I was able to get 19 and 21 rounds in the mag on separate loadings . Going to give it another try before I get a hold of you guys
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Any plans for G20 and G21 mags in the future?
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What were the weather conditions when this happened?  I had failures just like that out of ETS and MAGPUL mags during high humidity conditions.  Also happened at Steel and USPSA/IDPA matches.
View Quote
It was low 60s and overcast/sunny.

I got the new springs from customer service a few days after emailing them, and as far as I can tell they fixed the issue.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought five of the ETS .40 19 round magazines and unwrapped two for testing. In my G35 Gen4, the first few mags functioned perfectly. Then after 5-6 rounds had been fired from the fully loaded mag, I began to experience fail to feeds nearly every shot with both mags. There were two types of fails that were identical in each mag. One would be the nose of the round being fed into the top of the chamber. The other was the slide locking back without the slide stop being activated and the round not being stripped from the magazine. It appeared to not have enough spring tension to push the nose of the round upwards in time to be fed. The malfunctions were occurring on every mag full.

I emailed ETS and inquired if there were any known issues with this particular magazine. I was promptly answered, was told there were reports of issues with them in some G35's, and was offered to return the magazines. I opted to first try them in other pistols.

A couple hundred rounds through them were flawless in a G35 Gen3. I then tried them in another G35 Gen4 and experienced the same malfunctions in each mag full. A G23 Gen4 was also tried. Though the malfunctions were not as frequent as with the G35 Gen4's, both malfunctions were occurring on nearly every mag full. I'm wondering if the dual recoil spring of the Gen4's in conjunction with weak mag springs are causing the problems.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you very much! Yes, I have 20 of your 9mm 22 round magazines and have been using a couple in my 9mm AR. They have been flawless. I will trying the springs from those in the .40 mags. If they work, I'll contact Amy for replacement springs. Thank you again.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sorry but I think I should have been more clear. I meant to put the spring from the 24 round .40 mag into the 19 round .40 mag. That spring will be overkill for the shorter mag and should give us a definite answer as to you problems being spring related or not.
View Quote
Understood. Your company has been fantastic to deal with. From the fast responses, to the receptiveness of solving the problem, to Amy offering to include two different types of magazines for me to try, in addition to the springs. Just fantastic customer service! Thank you very, very much.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Does the Pearce G43 +1 mag extension work with the 7 round mag? Thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Your findings are interesting. Obviously there are thousands of customers running these mags in gen 4s without problems. That said have we replaced the mags? Do you have another round model of our mags or just the 19 rounder? To narrow it down we could always send you a spring from the 24 rounder to try in the 19 rounder. That would tell us if it's a spring issue. Either way whatever direction you would like to go just let Amy in customer service know and we will take care of you.
View Quote
I finally had a chance to try the 22 rounder springs in the 19 round mags. The ammunition was only 115gr. frangible. The mags' capacity were reduced to 18 rounds, however, they were flawless for several mags full each, including support hand only firing. I hope to soon try them with 180gr. FMJ to ensure the heavier bullets don't pose any issues. Thank you again, ETS!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a couple of 9rd g 42 mags a few weeks ago.left them fully loaded for 2 days they were flawless locked in easy with 1 in the chamber easy to load after 200 rds no issues.THANKS ETS
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:16:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I Purchased 10 of the ETS 31 round Glock mags from PSA on a Black Friday deal. I have been running one on a weekly basis as my range mag. A few observations;

Theses mags are easy to load. Not too easy but the spring seems to have just the right amount of tension from the 1st to the last round.

In six range trips and ~800 rounds, I have not experienced a single malfunction using this magazine. Not a torture test by any means but encouraging as my experience with bad mags is that they tend to out themselves early on.

I run and handle this mag the same as any factory Glock mag. It seats fully loaded on a closed side, drops free loaded or unloaded and activates the slide lock without fail.

I have one loaded to capacity sitting in the back of my car. I am going to wait until July 4th to see how well it handles being kept loaded for an extended period as well as how it handles the temperature extremes (hot & cold) while residing in my car.

You could say I am prejudiced against plastic mags without metal feed lips. My experience with the old Cobrey M11/9 mags as well as other aftermarket unlined Glock mags has left me wary. However, PMAG has proved it can be done. I am hoping the ETS offering will hold up as well.

So far, so good but I can't help worrying about the longevity of the plastic feedlips
View Quote
OK, as promised I let my ETS 31 mag ride around in my car since January. It has been in temps ranging from 7f to 120f. It has remained fully loaded and bounced around with me everywhere I went. So, yesterday, I was at the range with my G17 and decided to empty the mag. Not quite July 4th but close enough.

1) The mag remained fully loaded. I marked the round on top so I would know if it popped a round while being bumped around. It didn't.
2) The mag seated fully and easily on a closed slide.
3) The mag fed each round from beginning to end without failure.
4) the mag dropped free after the last round with an open slide, bounced on the concrete range floor and then was loaded and fired again without problem.

Not exactly a "torture test" but probably more of a realistic test relative to my likely needs. I will load the mag again. Throw it in the trunk and test it again around X-mas.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top