BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I tested a sample of one 31-round magazine a few days ago, and it functioned flawlessly through two fully-loaded cycles.  I definitely like being able to see the rounds as a quick visual check.  That would definitely be a handy feature in a sub gun.  I'm not sure that I feel the need for standard capacity magazines that are fully enclosed by the grip.

I'm curious if anyone has tried adding a Glock factory +2 baseplate to one of these extended magazines.  Just looking at how the spring compresses inside the 31-round mag, it seems like the angle of the + baseplate might allow the spring to compress more naturally at the bottom.  It may not make a difference in the end, but it was an observation that was possible because of the clear magazine body.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Gonna have to contact ETS, I just got another funky one right out of the package. If it wasn't new from the package I'd suspect it was used and actually melted
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#5]
No problem, and thank you for the prompt response, I'll give you guys a call or email when I get into the office tomorrow!
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Update for everyone:

I fired off a quick email to ETS this afternoon and got a response back within maybe 10 minutes, and Amy got everything resolved AND set up my MIL discount at the same time. I'm looking forward to getting some range time on the replacement for eval!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 5 of the ETS Glock 19 magazines and tried to do a pistol class last weekend. I was using steel ammo by wolf and they would not feed the steel ammo.  The magazines would bind up with the steel and the rounds would just dump out.  It happened on all 4 magazines that I tried.  I had good luck with them when going to the farm and shooting during christmas but I was not shooting 1400 rounds in 2 days either.  The ETS magazines were a complete failure at the pistol class.  Not going to buy anymore because I shoot a lot of steel and do not have time for this.  I know people have had good luck with these magazines but they were a complete failure with the steel ammo.  I used OEM Glock 19 magazines and not a single issue with the steel cased ammo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have 5 of the ETS Glock 19 magazines and tried to do a pistol class last weekend. I was using steel ammo by wolf and they would not feed the steel ammo.  The magazines would bind up with the steel and the rounds would just dump out.  It happened on all 4 magazines that I tried.  I had good luck with them when going to the farm and shooting during christmas but I was not shooting 1400 rounds in 2 days either.  The ETS magazines were a complete failure at the pistol class.  Not going to buy anymore because I shoot a lot of steel and do not have time for this.  I know people have had good luck with these magazines but they were a complete failure with the steel ammo.  I used OEM Glock 19 magazines and not a single issue with the steel cased ammo.
View Quote

I have been a big supporter of these mags, but my G17 mag has started to fail also.  I think it has something to do with the lubricity of the plastic against the brass, steel, or aluminum of the rounds case.  I have had problems with steel and with brass that had been reloaded several times and was not "shiney slick."  I haven't had a problem with my G18 mags yet but they don't have the rounds through them yet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:52:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:  Please email customer service and we will get them replaced for you. I just ran a test today with wolf and Tula and they ran fine. There is no doubt that steel ammo has a much higher level of friction. That friction can exasperate a binding problem where the mag transitions from a double stack to a single stack. I'm guessing that most of the time when it bound up on you there were 9 ,8 ,or 7 rounds left in the mags. When we send you the new mags they will have a new version of follower. Even though these failures were pretty rare, we wanted to do everything we could to reduce the chance that steel could cause a bind.

I know a lot of you love shooting steel ammo but when doing in depth testing it becomes very obvious that steel is much less reliable than brass. That said it's great for the range please just get better ammo for carry/defense.

All of that said, we expect our mags to run steel ammo just like an OEM mag. And we know our customers wouldn't accept anything less. I was going to let everyone know that we have a new follower in a separate post but this seemed like a good time.
View Quote

Bought one of the long mags for the future stepdaughter's SUB-2000 late last year.  Is the new follower for all 9x19mm magazines?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
yes it's for all 9mm double stack glock mags.But you only need it if the rounds are binding up in the mag.
View Quote

Earlier this week I contacted Amy about rounds slowing down to a creep and binding up in the magazine. She said she was just sending new springs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I had a ftf with my glock 19 using a 22 round mag as well (ammo was winchester  124g nato).  Ets is sending a new spring.  I hope it remedies the issue with the mag.
View Quote

Update....
The 22 round mag spring is a bust....no tension.....got rid of the magazine....no more for me!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#17]
New springs showed up yesterday, they're about an inch longer than the springs that failed.

They worked flawlessly at the range. Lets hope they hold up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Very close now. They will probably begin shipping in the next 2 weeks.
View Quote

same for the 12 round 42 mags?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:10:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I am waiting with baited breath.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I got two in the mail today to try out and noticed a few things. First was that they didn't load right. They didn't stagger the rounds properly and I was only able to fit 15 per for 17 round mags. I unloaded and reloaded and 17 went in fine.
Also they don't drop free when full. Is that because the sides bulge a bit?
View Quote

Same problem in 2 Glock 19 mags, both brand new, both have had the springs replaced.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:58:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:  I am waiting with baited breath.
View Quote

What are you trying to catch?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:  Yes, the 6, 9, and 12 rounders for both the 42 and 43 will all be released at th same time in the very near future...

We will make an announcement when they begin shipping.
View Quote

There hasn't been a 13 shot .380" available on the market for some time.  Did you take a page from RedBall?  
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 1:06:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Funny how I've never run into this problem with any other magazines. I do love these, they feed and cycle fine. But, I have to intentionally force rounds to load side to side with the two I have. One is store bought and one is direct from ETS. It just seems they shouldn't do it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Get a Maglula.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Going rate for 17 rounders from a good vendor?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Or better yet get one of our new speed loaders when it releases in April.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get a Maglula.

Or better yet get one of our new speed loaders when it releases in April.

Waiting for April.
Although, I've had them loaded for a couple of weeks now and had an opportunity to use them again today. I loaded each one several times and I didn't have any issues with rounds wanting to single stack.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#31]
ETS sent me a new 22 round magazine to try (even after I got rid of the original I was having trouble with).  I will report back on how this one performs.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#32]
How many mm will the 12 round G42 be?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#34]
My two ETS 22 round mags work great. No problem, except for being loadable to "only" 21 rounds they've been perfect, and that issue is no issue at all. I'll buy more.

Any good news on .45 mags for the G21?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We anticipate releasing the .45 and 10mm glock mags late this year.

On your 22 round mags please email customer service and we will be happy to send you some new springs. The mags should definitely hold 22 rounds.

We appreciate your business!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>
My two ETS 22 round mags work great. No problem, except for being loadable to "only" 21 rounds they've been perfect, and that issue is no issue at all. I'll buy more.

Any good news on .45 mags for the G21?
We anticipate releasing the .45 and 10mm glock mags late this year.

On your 22 round mags please email customer service and we will be happy to send you some new springs. The mags should definitely hold 22 rounds.

We appreciate your business!

Keep your money and put it towards something fun!

I keep one on me as a spare for my walks through a wooded area in the city. If the feral dog or rabid raccoon really needs a 38th shot to make it stop the thing can have me! LOL I'm pretty sure the next couple I buy (from GunMagWarehouse.com, btw) will have the redesigned springs in em'. I'm not worried.

120+lbs down in 14 months, too. My safety was endangered most by my own poor habits. There's no mag capacity sufficient enough to fight off obesity related diabetes, but ETS magazines will be with me just in case. :)
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
yes it's for all 9mm double stack glock mags.But you only need it if the rounds are binding up in the mag.
View Quote
Both of my mags are having issues with steel ammo.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Well ETS sent me four new g19 mags and I shipped my problematic ones back, so far no issues with loading them like the older ones, will try and get to the range soon to test them out, thinking these new ones with new follower design should work though, thanks ETS your customer support and services are top notch, if only all businesses would have such services things would be great ..thanks again..will report back on how they did..
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#42]
No more word on the Glock 43 mags?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No more word on the Glock 43 mags?
View Quote
What he said
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Are there any numbers to look for on possible problematic followers?

Both of the g19 mags I purchased in the last month had problems with the followers binding after 2nd/3rd reload. Thought dust from dropping the mags was causing it but cleaning them did not improve the issue. Don't need parts or replacements as they were used as targets...but it may help others out.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:57:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If the issue is with reloads then the problem is most likely OAL. That said please feel free to let us exchange them for you. We have several mags here with thousands of rounds through them and they zero problems. As long as the rounds are in spec they should run. If not we will replace them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been a big supporter of these mags, but my G17 mag has started to fail also.  I think it has something to do with the lubricity of the plastic against the brass, steel, or aluminum of the rounds case.  I have had problems with steel and with brass that had been reloaded several times and was not "shiney slick."  I haven't had a problem with my G18 mags yet but they don't have the rounds through them yet.

If the issue is with reloads then the problem is most likely OAL. That said please feel free to let us exchange them for you. We have several mags here with thousands of rounds through them and they zero problems. As long as the rounds are in spec they should run. If not we will replace them.
It's not overall length, I load them short for my CZs.  Last Saturday I loaded this one up with a Maglula and three out of four times it did this.  ETS I have been one of your biggest supporters of your AR mags.  But something is wrong with the Glock mags.  Don't know if it starts to occur when the mag wears on the inside?  This one ran perfectly for months and now I can't hardly use it for a range mag.

Loaded four times, and three times it would not stack right.  I'm using my factory carry ammo.  Speer Gold Dots and Federal HST.  Both were the same grain weight.  One twenty four.  My numbers on my iPad are not working right now.  Need to restart.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:11:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:17:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Please email customer service so we can troubleshoot them for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are there any numbers to look for on possible problematic followers?

Both of the g19 mags I purchased in the last month had problems with the followers binding after 2nd/3rd reload. Thought dust from dropping the mags was causing it but cleaning them did not improve the issue. Don't need parts or replacements as they were used as targets...but it may help others out.
Please email customer service so we can troubleshoot them for you.
Don't think they'll be able to troubleshoot mags that I shot up as targets. Thanks though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top