Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 3/26/2016 12:51:57 AM EDT
This would be my review of the ets Glock magazines.  I've been asked many times what my opinion on these mags are, and now after a couple thousand rounds I feel ready to share.  Been working with these mags for a bit now and really like them.  They have been thrown on concrete, stepped on and dropped in mud.  I have not cleaned them, even after a day of shooting in the rain and mud.   I have experienced no magazine related failures with these mags and they all locked open on empty.  

All brand new and shiny when I got them

If you want to know materials go to the ets website.  All I know is I've conducted many drop tests and they have held up just fine (only one round comes out).

Now keep in mind I'm running their extended 22 round mags.  

After some use and abuse. I would purposely drop them in mud or rain water and step on them and than insert them directly in the weapon and no issues.  I haven't cleaned them in the couple thousand rounds that they have seen.  

Here is another cool feature they take the same base pads as oem mags.  Just threw some Vickers on today for identification.

Conclusion:

Pros:

Obviously cost I got mine for 12.96 a piece shipped from botach
Weight way lighter than an oem 17 mag with an extension and shorter
Durability. So far so good
Reliability so far so good
Same base pads as Glock mags.
I like the transclucent look and being able to see rounds
Empty mags launch out of the fucking gun
I find them easy to load with the speed loader that comes with glocks
Look fucking cool
Extended mags without spending a fortune on extensions or waiting for magpul to release the gl21 (which will be more expensive than ets mags anyway)
Lock the slide back on empty.

Cons:

Honestly I see none yet.

Reliable extended mags for your Glock for cheap.  Need I say more ?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 1:31:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Excellent
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 1:52:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Any idea of the taran extensions work?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Empty mags launch out of the fucking gun
View Quote

This is what I wanted to know...... thanks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow . Have to pick some up .

Thank you .
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the review. I got a few and they seem to be great mags. Great price, great mags.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I just put a few hundred rounds through some of the 31 round ETS magazines from the BO..CH deal and they ran 100%. I moved from skeptical to impressed.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

flawless on my g19 ets mags.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I have some of those 22 round mags. In a New Frontier Armory 80% lower when fully loaded, they are hard to insert and would not drop free. Downloaded to ~18 they worked fine. It could have been the lower. But all my Glock and pmag magazines worked fine. I milled a few thousandths off the inside of the mag well and now they all work fine. In a G17 and G19, they work fine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Best place to pick these up?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I just hit the 4k round mark with 6 of the 22-rounders I've used exclusively over the past couple months.  Flawless.

At the beginning, I has one mag that would not lock back on empty.  Found a little flash near the top of the mag that I easily shaved out.  Also ETS has great customer service.  One of the mags would not load the 22nd round, and they admitted to sending out a few mags with faulty springs. They sent me replacements no charge.

Love them so much I bought 12 more 22rders and a few of the 17 and 15 to put away for a rainy day.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just hit the 4k round mark with 6 of the 22-rounders I've used exclusively over the past couple months.  Flawless.

At the beginning, I has one mag that would not lock back on empty.  Found a little flash near the top of the mag that I easily shaved out.  Also ETS has great customer service.  One of the mags would not load the 22nd round, and they admitted to sending out a few mags with faulty springs. They sent me replacements no charge.

Love them so much I bought 12 more 22rders and a few of the 17 and 15 to put away for a rainy day.
View Quote

Good to hear I need to pick up some 17s
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 4:03:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I have 2, and have been running them for awhile now with no issues or stoppages.

Only downside for me is that they "stick" in my kydex holsters. Not actually stick, but have a lot more friction on them versus a stock mag. They fit this way on the SideCar holster that I carry daily, as well as my mag carrier.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have 2, and have been running them for awhile now with no issues or stoppages.

Only downside for me is that they "stick" in my kydex holsters. Not actually stick, but have a lot more friction on them versus a stock mag. They fit this way on the SideCar holster that I carry daily, as well as my mag carrier.
View Quote

Interesting I have found the same thing with Magpul G19 mags. There is a noticeable difference between them and OEM in getting them out of the RCS mag carrier I have.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I also jumped on the Botach $12.95 deal and ordered a mix of the 22 rounders and 31 rounders just to try out.  I also picked up one of the 30 round M4 mags.

I have experienced the same results.  These mags are good to go, and even without being on sale, Botach sells them for $15 with free shipping.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I am buying a couple every pay day.  

Love them.  Will go great with my 19 and AR-9 Combo
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Any pics of the 22 round mag inserted in the pistol?  Would like to see how much they stick out
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Any pics of the 22 round mag inserted in the pistol?  Would like to see how much they stick out
View Quote

Ask and yee shall receive

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Patchgunner: what optic are you running?  Like it?  Pros, cons?

Thank you...
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Patchgunner: what optic are you running?  Like it?  Pros, cons?

Thank you...
View Quote

Was running the Mrds until my unity slide shit the bed I liked the Mrds but felt it was a little tall for a pistola.   It's on my cqbr now.  Oem   17 slide will be getting an rmr or fast fire 3
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm a big fan of the 31rd mags.  Several people at Cola Warrior West were impressed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Can you eexplain how your unity tactical slide took a shit? i was about to buy one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:01:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of the 31rd mags.  Several people at Cola Warrior West were impressed.
View Quote

Yeah I'll pick some up!
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:54:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Ordered some 22s and 31s to play with at my range. So far the reviews sound good, hopefully $13 each well spent.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ordered some 22s and 31s to play with at my range. So far the reviews sound good, hopefully $13 each well spent.
View Quote

Mind sharing where you got them from?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was Botach but don't bother, they just sent me an email saying both are back ordered, 4 days after charging my card. Showed in stock when I ordered so I took a chance and lost. $13 ea. if you bought 7 or more and free shipping.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Came for the mag review.

Drooled over the Glock red dot.

Txl
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I have to grab some of those.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It was Botach but don't bother, they just sent me an email saying both are back ordered, 4 days after charging my card. Showed in stock when I ordered so I took a chance and lost. $13 ea. if you bought 7 or more and free shipping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered some on the 4th when they came back in stock, still haven't received them yet, But no emails....

Hopefully they come soon...
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#30]
So is Botach the only distributor of these? I don't see them on any other suppliers websites. If so, fuck that I'll pass.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So is Botach the only distributor of these? I don't see them on any other suppliers websites. If so, fuck that I'll pass.
View Quote

Rainier Arms and Saurez are the only two other dealers Ive found so far. And I'd rank Saurez right up there with Blotach
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I order from botach all the time never had an issue
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your experience is not the norm. Issues with Botach have been well documented.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Gunmag warehouse is GTG.  $15.29 last time I checked on 15 round G19 mags and $19.79 on 22 round. ETS..$29 (I think) for OEM mags.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Gunmag warehouse is GTG.  $15.29 last time I checked on 15 round G19 mags and $19.79 on 22 round. ETS..
View Quote

Nothing could beat the 12.96 a piece shipped I paid for the 22 rounders
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hey guys there are plenty of places that sell our mags online. Brownells, Gun Mag Warehouse, Freedom Munitions, as well as many others. If you need any assistance please let us know. A shipment of mags is on the way to Botach so all of you orders should be filled very shortly.
View Quote

Thanks. I'll backorder with Brownells.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#39]
You know guys, you can order directly from ETS as well, that is what I am doing to avoid any drama and problems. They have a LEO/Military discount and at times they may have an ARFCOM discount if your not LEO or Military....<><....:)
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Picked up a 31rnd mag today from a local shop, was very impressed with the quality so I ordered 3 22rnd mags tonight. I'll try the 31rnd mag this weekend and report back.,
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You know guys, you can order directly from ETS as well, that is what I am doing to avoid any drama and problems. They have a LEO/Military discount and at times they may have an ARFCOM discount if your not LEO or Military....<><....:)
View Quote

Crap I didn't know they did MIL/LEO discounts.  I received three 31 rounders' I ordered from the ETS site last week.  The shipping was incredibly fast.  I ordered on the 11th, they shipped on the 12th and were in my mailbox on the 14th! Only one range trip with them so far and I am extremely happy with them!  Even at the full retail price I'd say they are worth every penny.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I ordered some on the 4th when they came back in stock, still haven't received them yet, But no emails....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still no mags from Botach. I called them since the tracking number they sent me didn't work. Botach said my mags must of been lost in the mail and they will send me replacements when they come back in stock.

I'll just order straight from ETS next time.....

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Have you, or anyone, compared the length of this magazine to a standard Glock 17 magazine with a Glock +2 on it?

I actually can do that.  I have a pile of +2 extensions waiting to go on my oem mags

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask and yee shall receive

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb404/Shorties2001gt/Mobile%20Uploads/EB0C2455-CDDC-4797-AB79-CC0407F71D0D.jpg

Have you, or anyone, compared the length of this magazine to a standard Glock 17 magazine with a Glock +2 on it?

I actually can do that.  I have a pile of +2 extensions waiting to go on my oem mags

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Put another 700 through the ETS mags today.  A lot of drills involving simulated malfunctions and mag changes as well
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Ran 300 through my 9mm AR today using ETS 31 rounders' without a hiccup.  Got them nice and dirty out here in the desert and they didn't jam up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Looks like Primary Arms is going to start carrying these
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Looks like Primary Arms is going to start carrying these
View Quote

That's great news
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#50]
I ordered two of the G19, 15 round capacity magazines from Brownells a few days ago.

The magpul mags lock the slide open with a round left in the mag EVERY FRIGGING TIME and they also won't drop free when loaded. These mags don't seem to have those problems...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top