Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are eligible for Brownells mil/LE/FFL discount, check there before you buy these from anyone else.  Also, they've got a site wide sale going on through Monday that gives you an extra $11 off.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 2:45:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are eligible for Brownells mil/LE/FFL discount, check their before you buy these from anyone else.  Also, they've got a site wide sale going on through Monday that gives you an extra $11 off.  
View Quote

Then they can charge you $15 for shipping. No thanks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote
Their discount is a lot more than $15.  And I only paid $7.95 for shipping, it's Brownells, not Midway.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you are eligible for Brownells mil/LE/FFL discount, check there before you buy these from anyone else.  Also, they've got a site wide sale going on through Monday that gives you an extra $11 off.  
View Quote

How do you get their military discount?
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No idea currently, I signed up for it about ten years ago.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Looks like they have a compact prototype and have the mold in production.  Shouldn't be long now for the compact.
View Quote

At their site they're offering OD, FDE, and white frames now in the original full size model.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Their discount is a lot more than $15.  And I only paid $7.95 for shipping, it's Brownells, not Midway.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was no $7.95 shipping option the other day when I almost bought PMAGs from them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There was no $7.95 shipping option the other day when I almost bought PMAGs from them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably depends on the size of the package.  Bunch of PMags isn't fitting in a small flat rate box.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Anybody know where G34 slides can be found for a decent price? Lone Wolf has been out of stock for a while and that's the last part I need.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Anybody know where G34 slides can be found for a decent price? Lone Wolf has been out of stock for a while and that's the last part I need.
View Quote
Their blank slides are supposed to be in stock early next month, that's what I'm going with.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you also get a healthy discount when you register your C&R FFL with them.  Looks like it is $119.19 for me
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Their blank slides are supposed to be in stock early next month, that's what I'm going with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was hoping to get a finished bare slide, but beggars can't be choosers!
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

you also get a healthy discount when you register your C&R FFL with them.  Looks like it is $119.19 for me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya know, I'd actually completely forgotten that I even had a C&R until I read your post. I'll have to do that soon.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just talked to customer service, and they said they're restructuring the way they manufacture barrels and slides. So they're selling up what they have left and then they won't be taking back orders. After that we'll have to wait until the new ones come out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Finished up my Spectre over the weekend, now waiting on the slide.

There were a couple of quirks I'm still mulling over.  The frame is wider than a Glock so the trigger housing pin is significantly shorter (compared to the frame) than I'm used to.
Also, I'm having trouble with the mag release. Got it in, but it doesn't snap back, it doesn't reset. Even without a mag in the tube, the spring pulls it SLOWLY back to position, and even then, not far enough. With a mag in, I have to click the release into place from the opposite side to lock it in.

Thoughts?

Edit: Had some Wild Turkey, worked up my courage, and pressed every edge of the mag release except the button against my belt grinder. It works perfectly now. Seems like the short edge of the L shaped catch and the bottom edge was sticking on the frame.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:01:41 AM EDT
[#16]
What aftermarket manufacture are you guys getting your 17 slides from?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wanted to get a bunch of custom milling done so I got a "blank" slide from IDP tactical (just checked, and of course they're out of stock now):

http://www.idptactical.com/store/p31/Custom_17_Gun_Smith_Ready_Gen_3_Slides_for_Glock_17_Performance_Upgrade_%28%2A%2A%2A_OUT_OF_STOCK_%2A%2A%2A%29_.html
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I wanted to get a bunch of custom milling done so I got a "blank" slide from IDP tactical (just checked, and of course they're out of stock now):

http://www.idptactical.com/store/p31/Custom_17_Gun_Smith_Ready_Gen_3_Slides_for_Glock_17_Performance_Upgrade_%28%2A%2A%2A_OUT_OF_STOCK_%2A%2A%2A%29_.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lonewolf has blank slides a bit cheaper.  Should be back in stock early next month.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Couldn't resist ordering a pair, damn you guys!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#21]

ENAY is is selling and getting 590-610 on parts kits. Minus lowers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sounds like I need to quit my job and go into the business of buying new G22s for $500, stripping the lower out, and selling the rest as a kit for $600.

Seriously though, I've seen the Spectre 80% frames for as low as $130.  So for $630 you can get all the parts that are in the $750 kit above, and have a lower left to sell on gun broker.

Am I missing something here?

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Sounds like I need to quit my job and go into the business of buying new G22s for $500, stripping the lower out, and selling the rest as a kit for $600.

Seriously though, I've seen the Spectre 80% frames for as low as $130.  So for $630 you can get all the parts that are in the $750 kit above, and have a lower left to sell on gun broker.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No you are on it. You could in theory retire on this.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd love to see one offered for 10mm/45ACP slides.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:34:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because ghost gun.

Also, I think it's kinda pointless to build one of these with stock parts. If you're not using aftermarket upgrades then yeah it's a waste of money in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:37:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks like they have a compact prototype and have the mold in production.  Shouldn't be long now for the compact.
View Quote

I was about to ask if anyone had tried cutting one of these down to 19 size.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I built a 22 and cut the grip to fit 23 mags. Basically it was just a matter of cutting off that ugly Cone Of Shame and holding the grip to my belt sander for a few seconds.

A dremel is not an optimal tool for this, it caused the plastic to melt and flow. I'll have to do just a little bit of filling to remove some microscopic lips created on the bottom of the grip from the liquefied plastic. Nothing extreme, but noticeable, and thicker than simple plastic flashing like you get when drilling.

When I do the next one, I'll use a hacksaw and the sander.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd need to use a cut down 17 barrel.  Locking lugs are a different angle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Being my first foray into the Glock platform, I'm going with a factory 34 upper and then starting with all factory frame parts.  I figured that selling the 34 upper won't be a problem to fund aftermarket parts down the road.  Ultimately I want a PF940 with 0 Glock Factory parts.

It looks like everyone is sold out of their "completion kits" online.  At least my ignorant check.

Seems like their isn't much of a savings buying the lower parts kits vs. adding all the parts to the shopping cart.  Its just that no one has everything in stock.  I'm not comfortable buying off Ebay or Amazon when it comes to firearm parts.

You Glock guys think I should stay with the factory receiver parts or just buy aftermarket?  I'm trying to reduce the variables as I'm very, very unfamiliar with the platform and want to get it running 100% before upgrading.  Lonewolf's completion kit seems reasonable if their aftermarket parts work OK with the Polymer 80 frame.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#30]
I keep seeing you need a gen 3 slide.

Can I use my gen 2 slide on the 80% frame ? I am fairly sure gen 2 and 3 are interchangeable on a normal glock frame.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Can I use my gen 2 slide on the 80% frame ? I am fairly sure gen 2 and 3 are interchangeable on a normal glock frame.

Thanks

View Quote

Yes it will work.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#32]
I ordered o e of these kits last night

Goal for the pistol is to have almost zero factory parts so it made no sense to buy a factory frame to just not use the factory internals

Mine will be a g34 zev setup with RMR
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:23:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes it will work.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Yes it will work.

Yep you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Being my first foray into the Glock platform, I'm going with a factory 34 upper and then starting with all factory frame parts.  I figured that selling the 34 upper won't be a problem to fund aftermarket parts down the road.  Ultimately I want a PF940 with 0 Glock Factory parts.

It looks like everyone is sold out of their "completion kits" online.  At least my ignorant check.

Seems like their isn't much of a savings buying the lower parts kits vs. adding all the parts to the shopping cart.  Its just that no one has everything in stock.  I'm not comfortable buying off Ebay or Amazon when it comes to firearm parts.

You Glock guys think I should stay with the factory receiver parts or just buy aftermarket?  I'm trying to reduce the variables as I'm very, very unfamiliar with the platform and want to get it running 100% before upgrading.  Lonewolf's completion kit seems reasonable if their aftermarket parts work OK with the Polymer 80 frame.
View Quote

Yep that's what I've found, buying the kits doesn't seem to save much, just simplifies it. Keep in mind, they might not come with exactly the parts you want.

As far as factory vs aftermarket parts, here's what helped me decide. If you go to the Glock OEM parts section on Lone Wolf (from there just go to "receiver internal parts" and "slide internal parts"), go through and pick out all the parts listed on this webpage: PF940 80% Pistol Frame Parts Diagram, and then for each part that has a "related products" tab click on that and see if the Lone Wolf version is cheaper (it usually is). Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yep that's what I've found, buying the kits doesn't seem to save much, just simplifies it. Keep in mind, they might not come with exactly the parts you want.

As far as factory vs aftermarket parts, here's what helped me decide. If you go to the Glock OEM parts section on Lone Wolf (from there just go to "receiver internal parts" and "slide internal parts"), go through and pick out all the parts listed on this webpage: PF940 80% Pistol Frame Parts Diagram, and then for each part that has a "related products" tab click on that and see if the Lone Wolf version is cheaper (it usually is). Hope this helps!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That helps considerably.

Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Any good labor day sales on these?
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#38]
If you have the LE/Mil/FFL discount at Briwnells they're $120 with free shipping.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#39]
i have completed the initial "machining" slide is tight but i need to smooth out with sandpaper

checking slide fit:

started to grind off the horrid molded gripping with the dremel, few places to touch up and then sanding, 1st time ever attempting this, then stippling

now the question of the day, those that have completed these, was methods did you use on say the front area where you remove material to get it back to black and not the gray like above?

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:44:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I made an account using my .mil e-mail address and confirmed it the next day at work. Hell, we order most of our cleaning supplies from them. I have used my discount plenty and it is usually pretty hefty and totally worth it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
i have completed the initial "machining" slide is tight but i need to smooth out with sandpaper

checking slide fit:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/ozzie839/Mobile%20Uploads/796E4AF6-DF70-4412-AEC6-954540B5DB18_zpslppz90sg.jpg

started to grind off the horrid molded gripping with the dremel, few places to touch up and then sanding, 1st time ever attempting this, then stippling

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/ozzie839/Mobile%20Uploads/FFB4CD34-C4BA-4DDE-ADA0-A5305A49BC89_zpsdnx0ggt4.jpg

now the question of the day, those that have completed these, was methods did you use on say the front area where you remove material to get it back to black and not the gray like above?

View Quote

try putting it in a almost boiling bath of black rit dye?
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 10:34:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Hit it with some oil after you're done with all of your texturing.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Did anyone have to modify the magwell flair some to get the magazine to slide in all the way to engage the magazine lock ?

The mags from my gen 2 would hit the magwell before going in far enough to hit the lock by just under 1/8"

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, I have got mine mostly milled out - everything but the rear rails.  I do not have access to a drill press, I did everything with a Dremel and hand files.

Not really sure how I want to proceed to do the rear rails.  I watched one video where they used the provided bit with a hand drill.  I'm not entirely sure I'm brave enough to do that.  I suppose I could just go at it with a file, but that will probably be pretty time consuming.

Anyway, if someone has any suggestions I'm open to any ideas you might have.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#45]
I would chose file over hand drill for that part. Or you can try a narrow cut off wheel on a dremel the round fiber disc with a hole in the middle about 1/16th thick.It really is not very deep or long so a file would not be to bad just make sure it has a cutting edge on the narrow side ;)

Quoted:
Well, I have got mine mostly milled out - everything but the rear rails.  I do not have access to a drill press, I did everything with a Dremel and hand files.

Not really sure how I want to proceed to do the rear rails.  I watched one video where they used the provided bit with a hand drill.  I'm not entirely sure I'm brave enough to do that.  I suppose I could just go at it with a file, but that will probably be pretty time consuming.

Anyway, if someone has any suggestions I'm open to any ideas you might have.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#46]
So no weekend access to the mills per the boss....

What cross slide vise are you guys using?  I have a very heavy duty drill press and I'm looking at a 5" Wilton.  

I toyed with an X-Y table, but, I don't need that accuracy and the ones in my budget are garbage anyways.  I've got several indicators to indicate the x axis with the press and I'm going to leave a dial indicator on the set-up to make sure nothing moves.

What are you guys leaving to clean up by hand?  .100" or more like .050" ?

ETA:  I just ordered all the OEM frame parts needed for the PF940 build and it came out to 40-50% less than the "Build Kits" from the other sites........I had to double check I wasn't missing anything.  That's a hell of a mark-up
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

ETA:  I just ordered all the OEM frame parts needed for the PF940 build and it came out to 40-50% less than the "Build Kits" from the other sites........I had to double check I wasn't missing anything.  That's a hell of a mark-up
View Quote
Straight from Glock?  Do you have to be an armorer?

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#48]
I got everything OEM Glock from Lone Wolf for ~&75.00/shipped.  No locking block with the Polymer 80%.  

I'm anything but an armorer!

This is the most expensive, at $125.00.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Wow.  I just got off the phone with Mike @ Polymer 80.  I waited all of three minutes to talk to him about the spindle speed they recommend, 1500-1800 BTW, and he spent a couple minutes answering some other questions.  Then told me to give him a call if I run into anything finishing up. Good CS.  

Not using metric drill bits still baffles me though.

Who has run the most rounds through their pistol so far?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#50]
I had no problem with the supplied drill bits but I did go in and out a few times for each hole.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top