Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2016 10:22:02 PM EDT
So what is the difference between glock parts vs aftermarket vs whole trigger assemblies.

Are the aftermarket bars really that much better than a 3.5 glock bar?  

Do the whole trigger kits offer a significant improvement over a polished 3.5# bar, internals, and lighter/heavier springs?

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So what is the difference between glock parts vs aftermarket vs whole trigger assemblies.

Are the aftermarket bars really that much better than a 3.5 glock bar?  

Do the whole trigger kits offer a significant improvement over a polished 3.5# bar, internals, and lighter/heavier springs?

View Quote

The whole trigger kits are great but you can accomplish the same triggers if you are willing to do the work.  After market kits they polish and do all the fine tuning clean up that stock parts do not have.
Springs are springs...... The lighter strikers are something that you have to buy unless you are great on a drill press.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I just read the GSSF rule book. Looks like aftermarket bars are a no-no. I might want to shoot some of those events in the future so I guess I will stick with glock parts. The G34 I just picked up has a the normal 5.5 bar instead of the 3.5/4.5 the gen3 came with. I thought the trigger felt a bit "different", but this is my first gen4.

swapping out, and polishing, that bar is really the only thing I want to do aside from getting some different sites. I forgot just how bad the stock ones are LOL. No idea what I'm gonna get there, probably a FO front but haven't done any research yet to figure out which ones I want. I just got the gun today
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just read the GSSF rule book. Looks like aftermarket bars are a no-no. I might want to shoot some of those events in the future so I guess I will stick with glock parts. The G34 I just picked up has a the normal 5.5 bar instead of the 3.5/4.5 the gen3 came with. I thought the trigger felt a bit "different", but this is my first gen4.

swapping out, and polishing, that bar is really the only thing I want to do aside from getting some different sites. I forgot just how bad the stock ones are LOL. No idea what I'm gonna get there, probably a FO front but haven't done any research yet to figure out which ones I want. I just got the gun today
View Quote

You mean connector?

My G34 I changed the following
"-" connector came with it
Heavy trigger reset spring
Lighter safety plunger spring
Lighter striker
It comes in just under 4# I also have a lighter recoil spring 15# in it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah that whatchamacallit .  I'm not well versed in glockese yet.

I thought there used to be a website that went over the different combinations of springs and connectors, but I can't find it with the Google machine.  It pretty much was a one stop shop for glock info, but the last time I looked at it was almost 10yrs ago.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah that whatchamacallit .  I'm not well versed in glockese yet.

I thought there used to be a website that went over the different combinations of springs and connectors, but I can't find it with the Google machine.  It pretty much was a one stop shop for glock info, but the last time I looked at it was almost 10yrs ago.
View Quote

If you have a specific setup you are trying to go for or you have a question of different triggers I have tried a vast majority of different setups using different parts.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The Gen4 34s usually come with a minus 4.5lb connector.  It doesn't feel anything like the same in a Gen3.  I have a stock Gen3 34 right here and it has a great stock trigger.    The 34s suck.  I put a dot connector in my Gen4 34s and it's a significant improvement IMO.  

As far as sights....   They're about as personal as underwear or shoe insoles.  I use black/black Warrren Tacticals or Ameriglo DeFoors on pretty much everything that doesn't have stock night sights (which I really don't like).
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:01:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If you have a specific setup you are trying to go for or you have a question of different triggers I have tried a vast majority of different setups using different parts.
View Quote

Well with this one I'm wanting to get as light as possible and still stay GSSF legal for the stock class.  If I really get into shooting matches then I'll look into doing an open/race type gun then, but not till I'm at that level.  

I'm on a waiting list for a blue label G19.4, probably a few months from what they said (I'm #34 on the list and these guys are in really good with all the local LEO's.)  I lucked out with this 34 because the shop owner remembered me calling and asking about them.  Said if I wanted it he'd hold it for me, so I grabbed it.  Came with the 17rd mags which was a nice surprise since the other blue label dealer said I'd get 10rd mags or no mags depending on what the distributor had available. On that one I want a good reset, the 5lb pull is fine with me.  I've seen some postings about using the - connector and a NY1? spring to have the same weight as stock but better reset

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well with this one I'm wanting to get as light as possible and still stay GSSF legal for the stock class.  If I really get into shooting matches then I'll look into doing an open/race type gun then, but not till I'm at that level.  

I'm on a waiting list for a blue label G19.4, probably a few months from what they said (I'm #34 on the list and these guys are in really good with all the local LEO's.)  I lucked out with this 34 because the shop owner remembered me calling and asking about them.  Said if I wanted it he'd hold it for me, so I grabbed it.  Came with the 17rd mags which was a nice surprise since the other blue label dealer said I'd get 10rd mags or no mags depending on what the distributor had available. On that one I want a good reset, the 5lb pull is fine with me.  I've seen some postings about using the - connector and a NY1? spring to have the same weight as stock but better reset

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure of the GSSF rules other than parts offered by Glock.
NY1 is not what you seek it makes the trigger more like a DA revolver or the DA pull on a P22x pistol.  Also the trigger weight increases to around 6#.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:59:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The Gen4 34s usually come with a minus 4.5lb connector.  It doesn't feel anything like the same in a Gen3.  I have a stock Gen3 34 right here and it has a great stock trigger.    The 34s suck.  I put a dot connector in my Gen4 34s and it's a significant improvement IMO.  

As far as sights....   They're about as personal as underwear or shoe insoles.  I use black/black Warrren Tacticals or Ameriglo DeFoors on pretty much everything that doesn't have stock night sights (which I really don't like).
View Quote

Mine says 5.5lb on the label so I'm assuming it's got the 5.5lb connector.  Trigger pull is right at 6lbs

Some of the reading I've been doing says the "." connector is really a 5lb connector which gets it down to the pull of a Gen3, and the "-" connector is the 4.5lb connector which gives you a slightly lighter pull.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:03:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Mine says 5.5lb on the label so I'm assuming it's got the 5.5lb connector.  Trigger pull is right at 6lbs

Some of the reading I've been doing says the "." connector is really a 5lb connector which gets it down to the pull of a Gen3, and the "-" connector is the 4.5lb connector which gives you a slightly lighter pull.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some blue labels are with 5.5 in the G34/35 pistols.  The "." Connector is somewhere between the - and non marked connector(standard).  I does give a different pull but not drastic difference between them.  The . Does give less of a mushy trigger than the - with out a heavy trigger reset spring but still has the mushy clunk feeling like all Glocks without the heavy trigger reset spring.  That is one part I change on all mine even if I do not change connector.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:00:09 AM EDT
[#11]
What level do you shoot at now? I would go put a couple thousand rounds down range and see how the stock trigger works for you before I worried too much about changing it out.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:33:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

What level do you shoot at now? I would go put a couple thousand rounds down range and see how the stock trigger works for you before I worried too much about changing it out.
View Quote
I haven't shot a GSSF match but when I go out and shoot informal IDPA I'm always in the top 25%.  Honestly what's holding me back is I don't get to practice aside from dry fire really.  I'm coming from a tuned 1911 so the trigger right now as it stands is a lot heavier than what I am used to. If I can lighten it a bit id be pretty happy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 2:04:51 AM EDT
[#13]
So I pulled my 34 apart and discovered I had a "." connector in there so I did the 25 cent trigger job, added a ZEV reset spring, and a ZEV lightened firing pin spring.  I'm quite happy with the results for the less than $10 in parts.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top