Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/9/2016 6:43:34 PM EDT
I am a cz guy.  There is nothing better than a cz 75 style pistol.  That being said I have decent trigger time behind glocks, and I wanted to branch out into striker fired Tupperware.   Originally plans were for a 19, but I have some big mitts and just couldn't love the smaller frame enough to spend the pesos.  So foed on a Glock 17 gen 3.   I purchased the package with a factory threaded barrel and suppressor sights, it's a lot of value for the money and I will be putting a pistol can in nfa jail soon so it fits that need.   Right off the bat I new where I wanted to take this pistol, I've shot enough glocks to know what I need.  First order was the agency arms Magwell.  Magwells on Glock help keep my picky in place on the smaller frames (19) and too be honest never shot with one on a full size but figured it couldn't hurt.  Second issue wa the trigger I hate Glock factory triggers.   Their mushy and heavy.  So I ordered a Glock Kraft dat v2, it's been getting solid reviews and retains all safeties,  than I'll go from there.   I like the 17 frame, I like how it fits the hand, but there are two issues for me.  1: it's fucking slick 2: I could do without finger grooves.   So off went the pistola to freedom street defense for finger groove removal , full stipple , and double undercut.  I like pretty guns so he's gonna do some secret wicked cerakote on the slide while its there.

Gimme a second to post some before pics and what not
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Before
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Trigger

Black cherry shoe and black safety with np3 bar

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Just received this pic

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice patchy, can't wait to see the finished product and the range report. It took me a little bit to get used to the stippling but it's grown on me..
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
So, you finally found someway to remove them calluses. Good job.

Can't wait to see the completed project!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks microwaved.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:11:39 AM EDT
[#7]
keep us updated champ... looks cool and i'm jealous
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I find your lack of finger grooves highly arousing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I like a more subdued stipple pattern but it looks well done.  

I look forward to seeing it finished. Any idea what color cerakote?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Just received this pic.   Gun should be on its way back today.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/Shorties2001gt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/9DE79644-2D79-4985-A785-E14261B9B550.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb404/Shorties2001gt/Mobile%20Uploads/9DE79644-2D79-4985-A785-E14261B9B550.jpg</a>
View Quote

Umm, thats not the finished product is it?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Not a fan of the stippling and looks pretty rough.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#13]
That is, probably one of the worst jobs I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#14]
When you get it home, set it down on a store driveway and run it over a few times. That might make it look better.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#15]
One of the best Glocks I've ever seen... my biggest issue with them is how ugly they are, especially when compared to an HK or FN. I dunno, I know after market and price wise, it's a damn reliable gun. But I just can't bring myself to love them. I'm curious to see what the final product looks like.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That is, probably one of the worst jobs I've ever seen.
View Quote

Mmmmm ya this, all was going good until that photo. You can still see your finger humps, seems pretty half ass
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Different.. I kinda like it!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#18]
If you like it Op that is all that matters...... But that pistol looks like it was drug through the ugly forrest and hit every tree going through
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:07:28 AM EDT
[#19]
It doesn't help I posted a shitty pic

The cerakote is a personal preference thing I got to see it on video in good lighting and it turned out awesome.its a super cool pattern.  I'll post better pics when I get it.    

The stippling pattern was my call it wasn't meant to be pretty.  I wanted a heavy texture bc that's what my hands like.  Again it's all personal preference

Some people probably won't like it but I don't give a fuck I build and buy guns that I like and that fit my needs.  

Excited to get this thing finished.  Inforce apl in graphite came in today.  Still waiting on the mag well and the 10 ETS 22 round mags I ordered. (Equal length to a 17 with a +3)
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:12:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Fucked up a perfectly good Glock.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Never understand why people judge a gun if its "pretty" or "ugly"...........there are plenty of other things in life to judge I.E your girlfriends, cars, yourselves, children, hell even your home decor.

I think the GEN 4 Glocks, especially with a little work, look way nicer then most the guns some of you have praised in this thread with their huge slide stops, levers, thumb safeties and hammers.......but if they shoot good, does not matter how I think they look
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:07:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Glocks are ugly this one is now fugly.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yet you came to a Glock sub forum.  How quaint.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Ugly is as ugly does....

The real questions is how does she shoot for you?

Red

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Don't mind the stippling pattern at all. It's definitely not slick. Only thing that would bother me is the finger groove removal not being uniform. You built a functional tool for you. As long as the guy doling out the green stuff is happy then it's a successful build.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Don't mind the stippling pattern at all. It's definitely not slick. Only thing that would bother me is the finger groove removal not being uniform. You built a functional tool for you. As long as the guy doling out the green stuff is happy then it's a successful build.
View Quote

I thought I saw this too but talked myself in to being picture angle.  Glad somebody else saw it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Doesn't look like they removed anything where the trigger guard meets the grip
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I thought I saw this too but talked myself in to being picture angle.  Glad somebody else saw it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your right about the finger grooves. That's something I requested and it was a good call the grip feels more ergo than just the finger grooves being removed flat.  The grip turned out super comfortable for my hands.  It's not the prettiest but it's what I wanted.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Doesn't look like they removed anything where the trigger guard meets the grip
View Quote

Not sure where your seeing that.  The undercut is flush.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm playing with the Glock Kraft trigger and I like it.   The Glock Kraft doesn't change the trigger feel by lightening it does it by changing the trigger dynamics.  I may go to a different connector and springs but I dig just the Glock Kraft.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm on the books for a 3 day handgun class in April   I'm gonna put some heavy rounds through the g17 until than.   I was planning on running my cgw 75 bd but I may bring the Glock to
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm playing with the Glock Kraft trigger and I like it.   The Glock Kraft doesn't change the trigger feel by lightening it does it by changing the trigger dynamics.  I may go to a different connector and springs but I dig just the Glock Kraft.
View Quote

Im running the Glockkraft with ZEV V4 connector and 6lb return spring on both my 21 and 19.............feels fantastic
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't have to be purtty to be good.  There are other things that are ugly if you think about them, but I like them anyway. hehe
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Im running the Glockkraft with ZEV V4 connector and 6lb return spring on both my 21 and 19.............feels fantastic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's reliability
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

How's reliability
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's reliability

600 flawless rounds through the 19 with the trigger so far, about 400 flawless rounds through the 21 with the GK trigger. The GK is a OEM trigger bar so I am not worried about reliability at all. I ran the ZEV V4 connector and 6lb return spring with a factory GEN 3 trigger in my GEN 4 26 for easily over a thousand rounds with no issues at all
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

600 flawless rounds through the 19 with the trigger so far, about 400 flawless rounds through the 21 with the GK trigger. The GK is a OEM trigger bar so I am not worried about reliability at all. I ran the ZEV V4 connector and 6lb return spring with a factory GEN 3 trigger in my GEN 4 26 for easily over a thousand rounds with no issues at all
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's reliability

Am I headed in the right direction?

https://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/WOL-32249BC16.htm

http://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/CONN-V4-RACE.htm
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Is it just me that thinks Glock's look good stock?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's reliability

Am I headed in the right direction?

https://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/WOL-32249BC16.htm

http://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/CONN-V4-RACE.htm

Sort of......that is the right connector but I leave my striker springs stock to make sure there are no issues. the 6lb return spring I am referring to is the trigger spring

This is what I am running in both the 19 and 21 currently, and what I ran in my 26 for a year. Again, I use all the springs except the striker spring

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zev-Tech-Glock-Trigger-Starter-Kit-Race-Connector-Competition-Spring-Kit-ZevTech-/391382548177?hash=item5b2037bed1:g:qkIAAOSw~OVWu2j7
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Harsh crowd around here. I've seen better, but I've seen a whole lot worse. Anyone remember that G22 from Gun Broker a few years ago with the trigger guard Dremeled off?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#40]
I got a better project....keep it for 20+ years, beat the sh*t out of if in every day use

And...

Don't change a damn thing on it!
Mine just turned 22 years old in december, and I don't mind playing soccer  with mine...

I think another user said it best...fucked up a perfectly good gun! Oh well I guess people need a hobby. When that disconnectelor fails remember it's not a glock anymore so don't come crying about how crapy the after markets are
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I got a better project....keep it for 20+ years, beat the sh*t out of if in every day use

And...

Don't change a damn thing on it!
Mine just turned 22 years old in december, and I don't mind playing soccer  with mine...

I think another user said it best...fucked up a perfectly good gun! Oh well I guess people need a hobby. When that disconnectelor fails remember it's not a glock anymore so don't come crying about how crapy the after markets are
View Quote

It's not like frank proctor and other top name instructors have more rounds than you'll ever fire through those connectors.   And not modifying something on a gun building forum ? Lol move on troll
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Lol sorry I guess I just wanted to peak out from under the bridge...

It's AR15.com bud, it's mainly for rifle building. You post shit, and people will say what they say, keep bitching  to get your post count up,

Kisses
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:25:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Lol sorry I guess I just wanted to peak out from under the bridge...

It's AR15.com bud, it's mainly for rifle building. You post shit, and people will say what they say, keep bitching  to get your post count up,

Kisses
View Quote

I'm not sure that's how the subforums work.

As for the connectors: I've ran them in most of my guns with no problems. I have stock glocks and I have "fugly" Cerakote camo glocks with suppressor sights and rmrs. They all work and they all do exactly what I want. I used to think the tavors and other bullpups were hideous. Then I shot some.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:53:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When that disconnectelor fails remember it's not a glock anymore so don't come crying about how crapy the after markets are
View Quote

Cool story old timer
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Harsh crowd around here. I've seen better, but I've seen a whole lot worse. Anyone remember that G22 from Gun Broker a few years ago with the trigger guard Dremeled off?
View Quote

I actually had to look it up. I thought you were kidding ...

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:43:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/Shorties2001gt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/9DE79644-2D79-4985-A785-E14261B9B550.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb404/Shorties2001gt/Mobile%20Uploads/9DE79644-2D79-4985-A785-E14261B9B550.jpg</a>
View Quote

It looks good. Leaps and bounds better grip job than I've seen on some other guns on here.
Good job.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

http://weaponsman.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Bubbas_Glock_mod.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See? Makes OPs pistol look like the Mona Lisa.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a really good thing that glock offers frame replacements for $100.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top