Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2016 10:15:33 AM EDT
I just picked up a Glock 43 for my wife, and she will be carrying it in her purse.  What is a good holster for this?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Keeping a gun in her purse is a horrible idea. I'm not going to take the time to type up all the reasons why but I suggest you research it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Keeping a gun in her purse is a horrible idea. I'm not going to take the time to type up all the reasons why but I suggest you research it.
View Quote

This. Off body carry is a no go
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If she insists on off-body carry in her purse, I suggest a dedicated pocket in the purse for the gun and keeping the gun in a pocket holster.  My wife has used a Desantis Nemesis in her purse without any problems.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If she insists on off-body carry in her purse, I suggest a dedicated pocket in the purse for the gun and keeping the gun in a pocket holster.  My wife has used a Desantis Nemesis in her purse without any problems.
View Quote

I bought a MIC Holster for my G42 and have been very happy with it for pocket carry, but agree with the others and would NOT recommend carrying off-body.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife does this. Dedicated pocket for her 938 in a Desantis Nemesis, it zips closed when she wants or she leaves it unzipped for easier access.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Off body carry is dangerous for a number of different reasons but THIS story is probably a good example. Plus the purse is likely what a thief is intending on taking away so... DannerTrax
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe this?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. but a MIC would be good to use in a designated pocket.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#9]
If she wants to carry in a purse it should be in a dedicated pocket and use one of these to cover the trigger. Attach the cord to the purse so it comes off during the draw. Off body carry isn't ideal but sometimes that's the option.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:05:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I bought a MIC Holster for my G42 and have been very happy with it for pocket carry, but agree with the others and would NOT recommend carrying off-body.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I would recommend. I use one on my 43 for my purse also I mean BACKPACK!!!. In all honesty I'll pimp the shit out of the MIC. It's great for a lot of unconventional carry methods.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not trying to derail, but how do those holsters work?  Looks like kydex trigger only with a string
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:11:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not trying to derail, but how do those holsters work?  Looks like kydex trigger only with a string
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It snaps over the trigger guard and completely closes off the trigger, the paracord can be attached to a belt loop or used to pull off. There are YouTube videos that show it better.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:54:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It snaps over the trigger guard and completely closes off the trigger, the paracord can be attached to a belt loop or used to pull off. There are YouTube videos that show it better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mitch is a cool cat and produces a great product. For a woman's purse start watching about 2:30ish
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top