Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2016 3:33:41 PM EDT
Impulse bought a range toy 34 MOS the other day and want to put better sights on it.  Problem is the dovetail is set more to the rear and some common two dot rears will hang off the back end of the pistol.

Any recommendations on two dot rear sights that will fit?  Up in the air about fronts, either fiber or dot will do.  

Not concerned with attempting to cowitness as I have no plans to buy an optic any time soon.

Pic of what I'm talking about.  19 Gen 4 with Ameriglo Spartans in the foreground and 34MOS, dovetail further back, with stock plastics in the rear.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I  think that standard Trijicon 3-dot "bright and tough" night sights will fit flush with the rear. It looks like they would.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think that standard Trijicon 3-dot "bright and tough" night sights will fit flush. Ithe looks like they would.

http://www.onpointsupply.com/images/glock_23_trijicon_40sw-4.jpg
View Quote

They sure look that way.  Model GL01

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think that standard Trijicon 3-dot "bright and tough" night sights will fit flush. Ithe looks like they would.

http://www.onpointsupply.com/images/glock_23_trijicon_40sw-4.jpg

Yup. I'd go that route.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember that the sights sit back a bit further in the front too.  If both front and back are set back the same distance you aren't losing any sight radius.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Remember that the sights sit back a bit further in the front too.  If both front and back are set back the same distance you aren't losing any sight radius.

View Quote

What in the hell are you talking about? Lol

No one is talking about sight radius for one. Secondly, the rear sight being set further back wouldn't make you *lose* sight radius, it would add it. Lastly, the front sight on MOS glocks is exactly the same as non mos models.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a huge fan of Dawson Precision sights. They make them specifically for the MOS pistols.

They have Dawson's perfect Impact policy. Basically if you buy Dawson's rear and front sight, and you're unable to achieve your desired zero and need a different height front sight, they will send you the correct front sight for free on their dime AND you do not have to send the incorrect sight in.

They only asked me what to confirm what my zero distance was, sight radius, and where the point of impact was, ran it through their sight height calculator and boom, I received my new sight.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm a huge fan of Dawson Precision sights. They make them specifically for the MOS pistols.

They have Dawson's perfect Impact policy. Basically if you buy Dawson's rear and front sight, and you're unable to achieve your desired zero and need a different height front sight, they will send you the correct front sight for free on their dime AND you do not have to send the incorrect sight in.

They only asked me what to confirm what my zero distance was, sight radius, and where the point of impact was, ran it through their sight height calculator and boom, I received my new sight.

View Quote

Oddly enough at the same time you posted this, I was going through the checkout page at Dawson Precision for their MOS fiber front/rears.  I'll just hit up the OEM sights with some model paint for the shipping wait.  

A lot of the other vendors were out of stock or slightly backordered on normal sights, and looking at the standard Trijicons, they are about the same as what I would get sending into Glock for their $60 OEM sights.  Will give the Dawson sights a shot so to speak.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No one is talking about sight radius for one. Secondly, the rear sight being set further back wouldn't make you *lose* sight radius, it would add it. Lastly, the front sight on MOS glocks is exactly the same as non mos models.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would not add to the radius if the front sight extended back the same length, it would be the same radius. I was thinking that if he found a rear sight set that was similar to the stock one but placed an elongated front sight, like a night sight or fiber optic the set back of the front sight dot would decrease the radius a little. The front sight on my 34 sticks out over the top slide cut a few millimeters as opposed to the stock one that was a few millimeters in front of it. It was a random thought on the outer orbit of the topic.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Crap, didn't even think about this.  I almost pulled the trigger on tru glo's. guess I need to check into this.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It would not add to the radius if the front sight extended back the same length, it would be the same radius. I was thinking that if he found a rear sight set that was similar to the stock one but placed an elongated front sight, like a night sight or fiber optic the set back of the front sight dot would decrease the radius a little. The front sight on my 34 sticks out over the top slide cut a few millimeters as opposed to the stock one that was a few millimeters in front of it. It was a random thought on the outer orbit of the topic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that was my whole point, the front sights on MOS glocks aren't moved back at all - so you're getting MORE sight radius with MOS models, not the same.

Regardless, that's not what this thread is about anyway, which is one of the reasons I asked what the hell you were talking about. Lol
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But that was my whole point, the front sights on MOS glocks aren't moved back at all - so you're getting MORE sight radius with MOS models, not the same.

Regardless, that's not what this thread is about anyway, which is one of the reasons I asked what the hell you were talking about. Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't clear. The stock front sight post is a little triangle piece, a fiber optic or night sight front post is longer and extends back from the mounting position decreasing the sight radius. I misunderstood the original post, I admit that and this is really on the outer orbit, but the front sight dot is further back than the dot on the stock front sight.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top