Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2015 2:50:41 AM EDT
I am wanting to replace the factory sights on my Glock 43. At issue, as well, is the fact that my eyes aren't great anymore and I have trouble focusing on three-dot sights. My eyesight is great past about 3' (still 20/15 in both eyes!) but I need glasses to even see a computer screen or read a magazine. I never wear the glasses unless I am seated at a computer or reading something up close.

This is obviously a small pistol that is not designed as a range toy or a long-distance shooter. It's for CCW, period. What are some good night sight options for those who need reading glasses but otherwise have good eyes?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I put these on my G43,
My 53 YO eyes like that pro-glow front sight.
http://icestore.us/Pistol-Sights/I-C-E-CLAW-EMS-Rear-Sight-with-ProGlo-Tritium-Front-Sight.html
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got Tru Glo TFX sights on mine.  They are brighter than other night sights I've seen in the dark, and they are very bright in the daytime, too, which is a bonus for the old eyes!  I've been so pleased with them that I've put them on all of my Glocks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I would suggest a high viz front sight combo. I really like Ameriglo high viz sights. I put the Spartan ones on mine. You can see them in these two articles. For a small CCW firearm it will help you focus on the front sight.

looserounds.com/2015/07/19/glock-43-sights-ameriglo-spartan-sights

looserounds.com/2015/11/03/my-suggestions-upgrades-on-your-carry-glock-43

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got Tru Glo TFX sights on mine.  They are brighter than other night sights I've seen in the dark, and they are very bright in the daytime, too, which is a bonus for the old eyes!  I've been so pleased with them that I've put them on all of my Glocks.
View Quote

Same....these are absolutely awesome!

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#5]
For a devoted defensive/carry gun I cannot recommend XS Big Dots enough. They are amazing. My eyes suck, and these sights are hands down the fastest I've ever shot. Look into them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For a devoted defensive/carry gun I cannot recommend XS Big Dots enough. They are amazing. My eyes suck, and these sights are hands down the fastest I've ever shot. Look into them.
View Quote

I've been having issues with aging eyes (prescription glasses since I was a kid 40+ years ago) and not being able to pickup 3 dots like I used to. I put Tru-Glo TFX on my G43 and they do show up bright, but still having issues with the tiny dots. They are the brightest 3 dots I've ever used but my eyes just don't work well anymore. I've tried other 3 dots on two other Glocks and then on my most recent, a G20, I tried the XS Big Dot. Without a doubt it is the easiest to see and shoot with. My only issue with it so far is not being used to that type of sight picture but I plan to practice a lot more and develop a better "mental picture" (?) of that type of sight. I have found it is very quick to pickup but no where near as accurate. Even off a solid rest I can not group as well as 3 dots, but I can see the overall sight picture far better and quicker. My goal is to set up my two carry guns and my home defense gun with the same sights on all three so there will be no trouble going from one to the other. So far, I'm thinking the XS Big Dot will stay on the G20 and may also get installed on my G29 and G43. I've read a lot of folks don't like the XS big dots because they are not the best for "precision" shooting but for folks with vision issues they seem to be decent alternative.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#7]
might want to try the trijicon HD night sights  with the BIG yellow or orange front dot. if you get them just shop around and find a better price than trijicon sells them for save $30-$40 especially with the black Friday sales going on

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=GL113-C-600785
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
might want to try the trijicon HD night sights  with the BIG yellow or orange front dot. if you get them just shop around and find a better price than trijicon sells them for save $30-$40 especially with the black Friday sales going on

View Quote

Here's what they look like on your Glock. These are mounted on my G21.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've been having issues with aging eyes (prescription glasses since I was a kid 40+ years ago) and not being able to pickup 3 dots like I used to. I put Tru-Glo TFX on my G43 and they do show up bright, but still having issues with the tiny dots. They are the brightest 3 dots I've ever used but my eyes just don't work well anymore. I've tried other 3 dots on two other Glocks and then on my most recent, a G20, I tried the XS Big Dot. Without a doubt it is the easiest to see and shoot with. My only issue with it so far is not being used to that type of sight picture but I plan to practice a lot more and develop a better "mental picture" (?) of that type of sight. I have found it is very quick to pickup but no where near as accurate. Even off a solid rest I can not group as well as 3 dots, but I can see the overall sight picture far better and quicker. My goal is to set up my two carry guns and my home defense gun with the same sights on all three so there will be no trouble going from one to the other. So far, I'm thinking the XS Big Dot will stay on the G20 and may also get installed on my G29 and G43. I've read a lot of folks don't like the XS big dots because they are not the best for "precision" shooting but for folks with vision issues they seem to be decent alternative.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's true that is the biggest gripe with big dots.  I think most don't understand what the sights are intended for.  They aren't target sights for shooting groups at the range.  They are fighting sights, intended for putting rounds on a human sized target as quickly as possible.  Too many people try to make big dots into something they arent.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj634/eburch01/IMAG0959_zps88606fb5.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj634/eburch01/IMAG0959_zps88606fb5.jpg

Those look killer!  The TFX still look better and brighter in daylight though......
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a set of Ameriglo's on my G19 that I want to add to my G43. The front sight is exactly like this one which is very bright in the day time and has a night sight in the center. The large yellow square glows as well at night if charged by a light source. The rears were a custom combo that has two yellow dots, not the flat bar in the image.

I believe this is the same, G42 sights. http://www.amazon.com/Ameriglo-Cap-Sight-Glock-Green/dp/B00L5PQAGW
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Ameriglo Hackathorns.  Big orange dot surrounding a tritium vial on the front.  Plain black (serrated) rear.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I have aging eyes and picking up the sights has become more and more difficult.  I installed Ameriglo CAP sights on my Glock 43 a few months ago and they are decent sights.  I had the opportunity a few weeks ago to shoot a friends Glock with Ashley Express Big Dot sights and compare them with mine.

At 50' the Ashley Express sights were better in every category.  First shot on target was much faster, rapid follow up shot sight picture and accuracy were all better than with the CAP sights.  At 50' head shots were easy with the Ashley Sights.  With the CAP sights I have to work a lot harder to shoot accurately.

The next set of sights I will purchase for a defensive pistol are Ashley Express Big Dots hands down.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top