Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2015 6:58:29 PM EDT
Ok folks. So my local Smith at gun range installed a 3.5 connector and a zev comp. Spring. The issue is the reset doesn'tfully go back to safe where the safety plunger engages. I have to manually move it forward about 1/8 inch to get it to engage. Took it back to him. He somewhat fixed it.

Now...I decided to learn how to do a full dissemble on my 19 and now it seems to have to same issue, however...now on trigger pull, it acts like a 2 stage trigger.

I have broke it down and put it back together 3 times. I am 99% sure everything including spring is correct. The front spring facing towards the muzzle is down, part facing rear is facing up.

Can post vid later. Suggestions needed before I end up having to drive to glock ( I am in Ga). This is my edc and worried about malfunction if I need it.  :(
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Merely replacing the connector with a 3.5 lb connector should not cause the problem you are describing.  I would start by replacing the Zev Comp spring with the factory Glock spring and see if that clears up the problem.

If you take the pistol to Glock in Smyrna you can expect them to replace aftermarket parts with Glock OEM parts to resolve the problem.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't think about that with glock. I will swing by the range tomorrow and see if he has my or a spring
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I would recommend looking at the Zev spring. I recently picked up a used 17 Gen 4 and it wasn't springing forward like it should. I replaced the OEM spring with a new one and it's working as it should now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I just had the same issue a couple days ago and i put the OEM spring back in and it was back to normal. In my thread there were a couple others who had the same issue.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I can surmise from your cryptic way of describing the problem.  Check first the trigger bar is installed under the connector properly and that the trigger reset spring is not in a bind.  Post pics of the connector ejector area of you pistol.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Connector bend angle can affect reset.  Check Ghost's website for instructions on measuring and adjusting the angle.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that your 19 is a Gen 4? If so, just put the OEM spring back in. That should fix it but, if not, check into tweaking the angle of the connector a bit (as mentioned above).
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Update, ended up going to glock. Just didn't trust it. They tech told me the spring was too stiff, and the trigger spring was wrapped wrong. Basically catching.

He replaced it back to stock. gave me the springs and connector back. said he couldn't "advise" me to change back to the 3.5, but "if" I did, keep the stock springs. in it
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Been running a ZEV V4 Race connector and the ZEV 6LB Trigger return spring with zero issues at all. My reset is freaking fantastic feeling. Sounds to me like the spring was simply installed wrong and binding
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:20:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that your 19 is a Gen 4? If so, just put the OEM spring back in. That should fix it but, if not, check into tweaking the angle of the connector a bit (as mentioned above).
View Quote

This worked for me on a new Gen 4  G19 I had put a Ghost spring kit & connector in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top