Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone just sent in mags alone to get "inspected" and swapped for new?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#2]
This may sound odd...

But did you have to have old Glock night sights on the slide to have them replaced or can you just send in a slide with the old plastic sights on?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By drmgallen:
This may sound odd...

But did you have to have old Glock night sights on the slide to have them replaced or can you just send in a slide with the old plastic sights on?

Thanks...
View Quote
Take EVERYTHING off the slide.  Fill out the firm with what you want put back on.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DCopp:
Take EVERYTHING off the slide.  Fill out the firm with what you want put back on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
This may sound odd...

Thanks...
Thanks for the answer...I have a Gen 2 slide...

Do I just break off the front sight or do I just let it be?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#5]
This may sound odd...

Thanks...
View Quote
My G17 and G45 had Glock plastic sights on them when I sent them to Glock. They both came back with new Glock night sights.

One of my G19 slides had 12-year old aftermarket adjustable night sights on it when I sent it back. It was returned to me with Glock night sights and new internals, and the aftermarket sights were in the package, as well.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:
My G17 and G45 had Glock plastic sights on them when I sent them to Glock. They both came back with new Glock night sights.

One of my G19 slides had 12-year old aftermarket adjustable night sights on it when I sent it back. It was returned to me with Glock night sights and new internals, and the aftermarket sights were in the package, as well.
View All Quotes
This may sound odd...

Thanks...

Thank you...
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:59:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By samuse:
Glock night sights are Meprolight tritium and their sights are finished the same as the slides.

The sights are, IMO, higher quality than Trijicon and Ameriglo and $57 installed and shipped back is a helluva deal.

I've sent off many slides to have sights put on, never a bad experience, turnaround is about two weeks.
View Quote
The MEPROS are bright as fuck. Definitely more than my suppressor height trijicons. Both bought writhing 3 months of eachother.

And just install them yourself. Takes like 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TheBuckMeister:
The MEPROS are bright as fuck. Definitely more than my suppressor height trijicons. Both bought writhing 3 months of eachother.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheBuckMeister:
Originally Posted By samuse:
Glock night sights are Meprolight tritium and their sights are finished the same as the slides.

The sights are, IMO, higher quality than Trijicon and Ameriglo and $57 installed and shipped back is a helluva deal.

I've sent off many slides to have sights put on, never a bad experience, turnaround is about two weeks.

When you buy and install them yourself, do you get an extra set of internals in the package with the night sights at no extra cost?

A set of Meprolight fixed green/green night sights for a 9mm Glock costs $81.90 from Brownell's. A slide completion kit for a Glock 17 costs $79.99 from Brownell's. They often have a free shipping code, but those don't seem to work with Glock brand products, so we'll call it $8 for shipping. Shipping from Brownell's takes about four days to me, on average.

I can download the form from Glock, strip my slide, and pay the post office $7.20 to mail it to Smyrna via Priority Mail, with it arriving the in two days. Then, Glock will install night sights, install a new slide completion kit (occasionally even throwing in the recoil spring assembly), and send it back to me for $73. It usually takes Glock two to three days to install the sights and get the slide back in the mail, followed by a two day trip back to me.

So, for $80, I get the OEM manufacturer to install for me an OEM product and I get it back about 7 days after I made the decision to do it, whereas it would cost me $170 to get another place to send me a comparable aftermarket product and OEM slide parts I have to install the sights myself, but I might get it 3 days faster.

Paying twice as much and having to install it myself doesn't sound like much of a bargain to me, even if it does mean I get it done in four days, rather than seven.

Of course, if time is of the essence, you can possibly find them at a local retailer, rather than ordering from Brownell's. But, I doubt they are cheaper than Brownell's and most certainly don't give you both the sights and slide parts for $80.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#9]
This may sound odd...

Thanks...
View Quote
Doesn't matter what's on there, if anything. They will remove it, and usually ship your old night sights back anyways. I don't think they ship the cheap polymer sights back.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#10]
To add another data point here...

I just got my G26 slide back from Glock today for a night sight install. Aside from the markings, I can barely tell the glock ns apart from the meprolight tru dots on my G19.

Also, completely stripped the slide prior to shipping...made a note on the warranty/order form to install new parts into slide in addition to the night sights. Just as others have said, I got a fresh set of new parts at no extra charge.

Go ahead and price out a 'slide completion kit' from any vendor you like, I don't think you can beat the deal. Very attractive to me considering that my G26 was a 20ish year old LE trade-in.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I have sent off 3 slides  at once for night sights. All slides were stripped of their guts.  Slides returned with new guts and very nice sights.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By tyrian:
made a note on the warranty/order form to install new parts into slide in addition to the night sights. .
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Can someone re-post the link for the upgrade form?  I have a 19, 22 and 23 that I need to send in
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By orion251:
Can someone re-post the link for the upgrade form?  I have a 19, 22 and 23 that I need to send in
View Quote
It's a PDF linked from their FAQ page under "How do I send in my GLOCK pistol for service/repair".

https://us.glock.com/en/faqs

Direct link here.

https://us.glock.com/en/-/media/glock/glockus/PDF/GLOCK%20Warranty
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 2:11:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#15]
Just to be clear, there is no need for contacting Glock before sending a slide in, correct? Just fill out the form, include payment, stick it all in a box, ship it off and they send it back when it's done?

And the prices listed on the form ($57+tax for night sights/$20+tax for steel sights) includes return shipping to you?
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Just to be clear, there is no need for contacting Glock before sending a slide in, correct? Just fill out the form, include payment, stick it all in a box, ship it off and they send it back when it's done?

And the prices listed on the form ($57+tax for night sights/$20+tax for steel sights) includes return shipping to you?
View Quote
You are correct on both counts, though I believe it's closer to $67 on the newest revision of the warranty/order form.

DCopp, not sure what your reaction is about...not everyone got the slide internals included if they didn't specify, based on my research. Seemed hit or miss if it wasn't notated specifically.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 2:23:42 AM EDT
[#17]
You are correct on both counts, though I believe it's closer to $67 on the newest revision of the warranty/order form.

DCopp, not sure what your reaction is about...not everyone got the slide internals included if they didn't specify, based on my research. Seemed hit or miss if it wasn't notated specifically.
View All Quotes

Cool. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#18]
@tyrian

View Quote
Post your research.  I've sent in 4 slides without a note and always get them back full, twice with a free RSA too!
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Post your research.  I've sent in 4 slides without a note and always get them back full, twice with a free RSA too!
View Quote
Here's one example, there are several other posts floating around a few gun forums. Only anecdotal, but the whole free slide internals bonus is all word of mouth anyway:

(See 13th post)

Seems that there is a small chance that you'll only get the night sights. So I figure it can't hurt to make a note just in case.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Only anecdotal, but the whole free slide internals bonus is all word of mouth anyway.
View Quote
I'd say, it's factual.  Plenty of proof here.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:10:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kevin_Jensen] [#21]
I've sent in close to 20 over the years, always stripped, and ALWAYS received new parts. Gens 1, 2, 3 and 4.

It's the recoil spring assembly that's hit or miss.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Just dropped off my G45 slide at the Post Office for Ameriglo Bolds.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I just went to Glock this morning to get night sights installed on a new G19 and have +2’s put on a new batch of G17 mags just because. “Glock” night sights $67, Ameriglo orange dot set is $107. They also put the +2’s on for free, test fire each mag plus they upgraded all the mag springs for free. That’s excellent service.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Would glock install the gen 1-4 night sights (6.5mm) on a gen 5, if requested?
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:29:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWZ1287] [#25]
mhode, Did you supply the +2 or did they just give you them?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 1:19:41 AM EDT
[#26]

I'd say, it's factual.  Plenty of proof here.
View Quote
I'm not arguing that in any way, just saying that it's not an absolute 100% thing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mhode:
They also put the +2’s on for free, test fire each mag plus they upgraded all the mag springs for free. That’s excellent service.
View Quote
Did they keep your old springs and mag bases or give you those back so you could switch them back?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Will they put on suppressor height night sights or only standard?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By anr6t:
Will they put on suppressor height night sights or only standard?
View Quote
The only options are plastic OEM sights, Glock night sights, and Ameriglo night sights-all of which are standard height. They will not install any non-OEM parts.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#30]

The only options are plastic OEM sights, Glock night sights, and Ameriglo night sights-all of which are standard height. They will not install any non-OEM parts.
View Quote
You can get regular steel sights as well for $20.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ucf_stang:

You can get regular steel sights as well for $20.
View Quote
That's what I do ^^^

Night sights are pointless IMHO.  To each their own.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#32]

That's what I do ^^^

Night sights are pointless IMHO.  To each their own.
View Quote
I don't think they are pointless (that's also a nice play on words ).  Now, in complete darkness with no light,  I'd agree with you, but in darkened or dusk shooting (like inside a house with very low light and no gun light, or outside with just moonlight or ambient low light) I would definitely  much rather have them than not.  I for sure agree with you on 'to each their own' )
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 7:54:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mxpatriot51] [#33]
Take a hammer and a punch to the rear sight.  Most sight sets include the tool to install the front sight.  Put a small dab of blue loctite on the front sight and snug it up.

It's not rocket science. I've done it dozens of times, sometimes off the tail gate of trucks at the range.  If I do it at home I'll center the rear sight with a set of calipers and will often get it to where zero adjustment is needed on the range.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Mxpatriot51:
Take a hammer and a punch to the rear sight.  Most sight sets include the tool to install the front sight.  Put a small dab of blue loctite on the front sight and snug it up.

It's not rocket science. I've done it dozens of times, sometimes off the tail gate of trucks at the range.  If I do it at home I'll center the rear sight with a set of calipers and will often get it to where zero adjustment is needed on the range.
View Quote
But, when you do it on the tailgate of your truck at the range, does a new set of internal slide parts slide out of your muffler?

What do you pay, on average, for those sights? If you add the price of your sights and the price of a slide parts kit together, does it come out to less than $73?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By AWZ1287:
mhode, Did you supply the +2 or did they just give you them?
View Quote
They provided and installed for free as well as the updated mag springs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#36]

Did they keep your old springs and mag bases or give you those back so you could switch them back?
View Quote
Negative. They will keep the OEM parts. Sights, mag bases and springs in person visits.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm glad I saw this. I wanted a set of Glock night sights on my gen 5 19. The fact that they'll install them for you and replace slide parts for $60 is fantastic. I'll send mine off this weekend. Might even be able to talk my dad into sending his gen 3 in as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I tried to skim through all 13 pages of this thread and didn’t see this anywhere, but maybe I missed it.

Has anyone sent their stripped slide in for OEM steel sights,  not night sights, and had the internals replaced also?

Also, when you strip the slide do you remove the channel liner too?

I have a Gen 3 32 that I got used and don’t know the history/round count and would like to have everything freshened up just for piece of mind.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:59:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kevin_Jensen] [#39]
Originally Posted By TX_Vette:

Has anyone sent their stripped slide in for OEM steel sights,  not night sights, and had the internals replaced also?

Also, when you strip the slide do you remove the channel liner too?
View Quote
Yes, I've done many OEM steel sights, $22 I believe. They sent it back with new internals every time. I've never removed a channel liner before sending, but I'm sure they would install a new one if you did.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AWZ1287:
Would glock install the gen 1-4 night sights (6.5mm) on a gen 5, if requested?
View Quote
I recently had a G45 slide sent in for Glock Night Sights, and just put a note on the form requesting a 6.5 rear sight.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By mhode:
They also put the +2’s on for free, test fire each mag plus they upgraded all the mag springs for free. That’s excellent service.
View Quote
Damn, that is awesome.

You just said, "I'd like to put +2s on these mags" when you showed up, and they supplied the parts??
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Got my 43 slide back with ns and all new guts. 22 slide with ameriglos and all new guts plus a recoil spring.  23 slide with steel sights new guts and a recoil spring. Cost 150 with tax plus shipping to glock.

Can't beat that deal.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By supersampson12:
Got my 43 slide back with ns and all new guts. 22 slide with ameriglos and all new guts plus a recoil spring.  23 slide with steel sights new guts and a recoil spring. Cost 150 with tax plus shipping to glock.

Can't beat that deal.
View Quote
The recoil springs were random, or did you ask for them? Seems random from what I've read.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#44]

The recoil springs were random, or did you ask for them? Seems random from what I've read.
View Quote
For me, I've never "asked", and they were random.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:29:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Does anyone know how to choose Ameriglo Bolds? The only options I'm seeing is for their nights sights or the steel sights.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:10:09 AM EDT
[#46]
I just received my G30 back from Glock with the Ameriglo Bold Sights.  Just print out the Warranty form and specify your request for Ameriglo Bold.  I did call to verify they were in stock first.  Stripped the slide and sent it in.  Took 8 days total with shipping.  Paid $107 for Sights.  Glock included slide replacement parts and return shipping.  Great service offered by Glock.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:44:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Dallas13:
I just received my G30 back from Glock with the Ameriglo Bold Sights.  Just print out the Warranty form and specify your request for Ameriglo Bold.  I did call to verify they were in stock first.  Stripped the slide and sent it in.  Took 8 days total with shipping.  Paid $107 for Sights.  Glock included slide replacement parts and return shipping.  Great service offered by Glock.
View Quote
Did you just write in the request for the Bolds? The links above don't have an option for it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:17:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackWolf13] [#48]
Yes.  That’s exactly what I did.  You might give Glock a call to insure the Ameriglo Bold are in stock.

https://store.teamglock.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Ameriglo+
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Dallas13:
Yes.  That’s exactly what I did.  You might give Glock a call to insure the Ameriglo Bold are in stock.

https://store.teamglock.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Ameriglo+
View Quote
Thank you. I have the Bolds on my Glock 19 (bought with the gun), and I was thinking about having Glock install Bolds on my 43 as well. With that said, I've never tried their factory night sights. They are $40 cheaper. Are the Bolds really worth that much more than the factory night sights
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By StowaNewb:

Thank you. I have the Bolds on my Glock 19 (bought with the gun), and I was thinking about having Glock install Bolds on my 43 as well. With that said, I've never tried their factory night sights. They are $40 cheaper. Are the Bolds really worth that much more than the factory night sights
View Quote
I like them better.  The orange ring really stands out for my eyes.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top