BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:00:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
I have a 25 yr old gen 2 G17. I would like to send it back as well for night sights and to be refinished.

Just wondering if one day this thing might be worth something and the refinishing hurting the value.

Decisions decisions....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/IMG-1237-205654.jpg
View Quote
Wow. You still have your Tupperware. Glock kept mine when I sent my 17 in for a recall. I think it was a recall.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#2]
seriously? you people pay and send your slide off just to replace the sights? Anyone without two left feet for hands can change glock sights, theyre the easiest sights to change, all you need is to unscrew the front sight, and knock the rear out with something not too hard
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#3]
No screw on my Glock 19 Gen 2 front sight.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 9mmCarbine:
I have a Gen 2 23 that I've owned since new (1996 I believe) and I'm thinking about sending the slide in for night sights.  Some time back I thought I heard something about there being some factory revisions/upgrades made to some of the slide parts on the 23.  Is my gun from this era?  Also wondering if I have any desirable old parts in this gun that I should retain since I read something up there about "Pre-MIM" parts.  
View Quote
Just strip the slide and send it in. They'll send it back with new parts. I also sent in a gen2 23, I kept the new parts in it, and saved the old parts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:50:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kevin_Jensen] [#5]
Originally Posted By ribeyemediumrare:
seriously? you people pay and send your slide off just to replace the sights? Anyone without two left feet for hands can change glock sights, theyre the easiest sights to change, all you need is to unscrew the front sight, and knock the rear out with something not too hard
View Quote

$67 plus all new parts? If you can do that for less, I'll send mine to you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:05:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Kevin_Jensen:

View Quote
it makes sense if its older then gen 3 and the price pretty much includes the sights.
if not send me your slide and new sights and ill change them for 10 bucks
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:13:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kevin_Jensen] [#7]
it makes sense if its older then gen 3 and the price pretty much includes the sights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Find me new night sights AND all these new internal parts for $67 total, and you've got yourself a deal.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:28:19 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
Seriously.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Sending in my fourth slide (G27) on Monday.  I'll post turnaround time when I have it back.  Love building my parts stash!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 12:48:27 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
Looks like someone haven't been paying attention.

People are sending their slides in for new night sights because they can strip them first, and get all brand new parts installed for free.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 10:47:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grondike] [#11]
Originally Posted By 9mmCarbine:
I have a Gen 2 23 that I've owned since new (1996 I believe) and I'm thinking about sending the slide in for night sights.  Some time back I thought I heard something about there being some factory revisions/upgrades made to some of the slide parts on the 23.  Is my gun from this era?  Also wondering if I have any desirable old parts in this gun that I should retain since I read something up there about "Pre-MIM" parts.  
View Quote
Strip it completely before sending it in and they will return it with all new parts.

Way too late.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#12]
This  seems to good to be true. I assume you can only do this if you have a complete glock so you can provide a serial number. Otherwise you could just send in a stripped slide (or an aftermarket slide), which would be awesome if you could.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 11:36:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kevin_Jensen] [#13]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:
This  seems to good to be true. I assume you can only do this if you have a complete glock so you can provide a serial number. Otherwise you could just send in a stripped slide (or an aftermarket slide), which would be awesome if you could.
View Quote
Yes, send in your stripped Glock slide, it has a serial number.

They probably won't touch aftermarket slides.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#14]
They've had my 27 slide over a week now.  Longest one they've done for me yet.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Find me new night sights AND all these new internal parts for $67 total, and you've got yourself a deal.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/209321/IMG_20180222_193020-461867.JPG
View Quote
Did you sent in a stripped slide?  If you sent a complete slide, did they return the old parts?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By UsernameMDM:
Did you sent in a stripped slide?  If you sent a complete slide, did they return the old parts?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UsernameMDM:

Stripped slide. If you send in a complete slide, you won't get extra parts back, but they may replace some and keep the old parts, like in a gen2 for example.

Just strip it bare, and send it in.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Stripped slide. If you send in a complete slide, you won't get extra parts back, but they may replace some and keep the old parts, like in a gen2 for example.

Just strip it bare, and send it in.
View Quote
Awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:13:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCopp] [#18]
Originally Posted By DCopp:
Sending in my fourth slide (G27) on Monday.  I'll post turnaround time when I have it back.  Love building my parts stash!!!
View Quote
Got it back this AM.  Slowest one yet.  But still all good.

And I got a new RSA in the box too!!!  My gun is gen 2.5 and this spring is different.  Awesome!
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Im blessed with being able to walk in, wait 10 minutes and walk out. I take g22 and gen1 g17 up there once a year and they change out all springs for free, including mag springs. They put their own brand night sights on for less than 70$ And also carry other brands.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 9:15:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sublimeon24s] [#20]
Whats the POA / POI like with the Glock Factory night sights?

All my Glocks have Ameriglo Spartan Tacticals and seem to shoot a little low if cutting the target in half with the top of front sight blade.  I just picked up a G26 yesterday that has the factory Glock night sights but have not had a chance to shoot it yet

If I shoot good with them, I may remove the Ameriglo Spartans on my 19 and 21 and send those slides to Glock to have them put the OEM night sights on as well, I suprisingly like the good old 3 dot setup better than I thought so far in draw / dry fire practice
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 9:44:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#21]
Originally Posted By Russell92:
Here is the form.  $57 includes the install and return shipping.
View Quote
This document referenced above says the "Night Sights & Install & return Ship" is $67 (+ Taxes).

Do they change out "old" internal slide parts (2nd Gen Glock 19) or is it just the sights?
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 9:49:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kevin_Jensen] [#22]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:

This document referenced above says the "Night Sights & Install & return Ship" is $67 (+ Taxes).

Do they change out "old" internal slide parts (2nd Gen Glock 19) or is it just the sights?
View Quote
They raised the price $10 recently.

If you send in a Gen 2 with old "black" parts still in it, they will trade them out for new parts. They will not return the old parts.

If you send in your Gen 2 completely stripped, it will still come back with new parts.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:55:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AMCJ76] [#23]
Just got my 34 back from Symrna.

7 Days round trip and delivered signature required.

They replaced all the internals except the rsa.

I added a request for an additional steel front sight to be added to the order #7079. They billed me the extra $10 for the part but failed to send the front sight screw with the sight. It is listed complete with screw in the store under that part number.

I sent an email inquiring about the missing screw and will update with how they respond.

Still a great deal at $67 even without the rsa.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Interesting, didn’t know this was a thing. I have 2 Glocks that need night sights installed right now. I was going to buy the sight tool and a couple sets of Trijicons but I can’t beat $67. Thank you Glock forum!
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 4:51:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm going to attempt to take apart my glock slide for the first time tomorrow, then get my slides sent in. I want fresh sites before my vacation in July.

Wish I had not waited, but it's only money
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Just wanted to give an update, I didn't read the whole thread, but Glock can now install the Ameriglo night sights for $100+tax.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
What generation did you send in?
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By beemerman:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beemerman:

I've sent 1, 2, and 3rd gen. They will do any.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Yep^^^
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I wonder if a Gen5 stripped slide was sent in if they’d replace all of the slide parts ?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By rotaryeye:
Just wanted to give an update, I didn't read the whole thread, but Glock can now install the Ameriglo night sights for $100+tax.
View Quote
Their rep told me last summer that they would only install them on Gen 5 pistols. Have they changed that policy?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

Their rep told me last summer that they would only install them on Gen 5 pistols. Have they changed that policy?
View Quote
Yes? Depending on the pistol, I suppose.

They are now listed on the Certified Armorer's Parts Order Form. I'm sure they are on the Non-Certified Form also, I just haven't looked.

Part 47284: .180” Front fits: Gen3 and Gen4 G17, G19, G22, G23, G24, G26, G27, G33, G34, G35, G37, G38, G39.

Part 47283: .165” Front fits: Gen3 and Gen4 G20, G21, G29, G30, G31, G32, G36, G40, G41

Before they were present on the Armorer's Parts list, I contacted Glock inquiring about the purchase/installation of the Bold sights on a Glock 19 Gen 4 and was told to "send it in".

When I contacted them, there was no mention of the Bold sights on the service request form. I stated that, and am assuming you would just need to specify which sights you wanted sent with the appropriate payment ($100 +  your state sales tax).
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:
I wonder if a Gen5 stripped slide was sent in if they’d replace all of the slide parts ?
View Quote
I'll let you know when I get my slide back. Shot 2 mags out of a brand new 19.5 and after the second mag, the Ameriglo rear left dot no longer glowed. Called them Friday morning and had it stripped and in the mail Friday afternoon. They got it yesterday morning.

Link Posted: 6/20/2018 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Today I just walked in and 20min later left with a new set of night sights on my 43. They also changed all the springs and installed a lighter trigger free of charge.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#35]
@XM21Nick Got mine back today. Sent it in last Friday completely stripped and everything was replaced.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By retired_11b:
@XM21Nick Got mine back today. Sent it in last Friday completely stripped and everything was replaced.
View Quote
Good deal .
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#37]
how much is the tax for the $67 sight replacement?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:
how much is the tax for the $67 sight replacement?
View Quote
What ever the tax is in your state.  I've just put down my card number and they just charge me the total.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#39]
New link to the paperwork to fill out:

https://us.glock.com/-/media/glock/glockus/us-site/83-downloadable-materials/glock-warranty-form.pdf?la=en
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Very happy with my 26.3 I sent them a while back.
I'll be sending my 45 to them as well
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#41]
After finding this thread, I sent in my Gen 3 G19 slide and my G43 slide.
About 10 days turnaround.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 11:45:51 PM EDT
[#42]
So far, I've sent in two Gen 3 19's and a Gen 3 17, all stripped. I don't know anywhere else where you can get a set of night sights, installed, along with a complete set of new slide parts, for $67 plus tax.

I have an early (June '88) Gen 2 19 as well as a brand new G45 which will be going back soon for the same treatment.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:24:02 AM EDT
[#43]
For reference purposes, here's a link to another thread on this subject, and a bump as well. https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/-/13-165605/?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:14:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#44]
Does this work if I buy a stripped, second hand factory Glock slide? I pay for the night sights, and it comes back with the sights installed and all OEM slide parts installed as well (minus barrel and recoil spring)?

Or do you need to somehow prove that you have the whole Glock with matching serials?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Does this work if I buy a stripped, second hand factory Glock slide? I pay for the night sights, and it comes back with the sights installed and all OEM slide parts installed as well?

Or do you need to somehow prove that you have the whole Glock with matching serials?
View Quote
Won't matter. if it's a factory Glock slide, send it in stripped. You'll get it back full of parts.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Won't matter. if it's a factory Glock slide, send it in stripped. You'll get it back full of parts.
View All Quotes
Does this work if I buy a stripped, second hand factory Glock slide? I pay for the night sights, and it comes back with the sights installed and all OEM slide parts installed as well?

Awesome. I'm gonna put together another subcompact P80. Time to find a cheap stripped factory G26 slide.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Wait, did some more reading...they'll also throw in a new barrel and recoil spring assembly, even if the slide is totally stripped??
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#48]

Awesome. I'm gonna put together another subcompact P80. Time to find a cheap stripped factory G26 slide.
View Quote
Haha, thought maybe you were implying you already had one. I could see finding a stripped G22 slide easily, good luck locating a stripped G26 for cheap.

(I miss your old avatar)
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:26:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kevin_Jensen] [#49]
Wait, did some more reading...they'll also throw in a new barrel and recoil spring assembly, even if the slide is totally stripped??
View Quote
You will not get a new barrel unless you pay for one, and the recoil slide assembly seems to be hit-and-miss. I've sent in many slides, and I haven't found a rhyme or reason as to how they choose if you get a recoil spring or not.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#50]

Haha, thought maybe you were implying you already had one. I could see finding a stripped G22 slide easily, good luck locating a stripped G26 for cheap.

(I miss your old avatar)
View Quote

You will not get a new barrel unless you pay for one, and the recoil slide assembly seems to be hit-and-miss. I've sent in many slides, and I haven't found a rhyme or reason as to how they choose if you get a recoil spring or not.
View Quote
Gotcha, thanks. That did sound a little too good to be true. Even still, a slide kit minus barrel and recoil spring is still an $80ish value. That's awesome.

I'll still keep my eye out for a G26 slide. I'm not in a rush to build my second P80. Maybe I'll stumble across a deal somewhere. One can always hope.

(I was gonna bring back the Rachel avatar for Christmas, because someone made me an animated one years ago with a Santa hat on her, but I couldn't find it. )
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top