BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By blksniper2000:
Does anyone know if they will replace the internals in a new aftermarket stripped slide for free if I buy the night sights
View Quote
I doubt they will even touch an aftermarket stripped slide to even put sights on it.  If it doesn't say glock on it then they won't touch it and neither would I.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:23:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 9mmstephen:

I doubt they will even touch an aftermarket stripped slide to even put sights on it.  If it doesn't say glock on it then they won't touch it and neither would I.
View Quote
I agree. This is considered warranty service if you look at the order form.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:07:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I need to get off my lazy but to have my 2nd gen 19 done.  I need to learn how to strip it first (I already picked up a punch).
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:53:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Shipped mine Friday the 12th they got it Monday the 15th and got notice today that I will get it Monday the 22nd. Not bad.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:50:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Statman] [#5]
Package sent Friday, May 19
Received Monday, May 22
CC charged Wednesday, May 24
Received Friday, May 26

Sent them fully stripped, received fully assembled... even got a free case out of it!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I stripped my Glock 20 slide down and mailed it in last Wednesday for night sights. I got it back yesterday with free extractor, backplate, etc., but to my disappointment, they didn't add all the missing parts back. I didn't get a replacement barrel or frame. Not sure what gives. 
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Is getting a free Glock case pretty hit-and-miss?

Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
I stripped my Glock 20 slide down and mailed it in last Wednesday for night sights. I got it back yesterday with free extractor, backplate, etc., but to my disappointment, they didn't add all the missing parts back. I didn't get a replacement barrel or frame. Not sure what gives. 
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Kevin_Jensen:

Lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
Lol
I did not get a free Glock case with mine, but that was OK with me since I don't have room for more cases.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:39:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#9]
Sent in 5/25, Received by Mothership at 5/30, Charged 5/31, Received 6/2

1 week!
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
I think sending in more than one increases your chance of getting a case. I sent in three slides and they sent them back in a case.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By M4A1Carbine:

I think sending in more than one increases your chance of getting a case. I sent in three slides and they sent them back in a case.
View Quote
I've sent multiples a few times and have only received a free case just this once. For what it's worth, the case still had a G43 blue label attached. All my goodies were inside the case, then the case was sandwiched inside a cardboard box with two "dummy" cardboard inserts. The main box could have held two more cases.

Hit or miss? I'd definitely say so.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Statman:

I've sent multiples a few times and have only received a free case just this once. For what it's worth, the case still had a G43 blue label attached. All my goodies were inside the case, then the case was sandwiched inside a cardboard box with two "dummy" cardboard inserts. The main box could have held two more cases.

Hit or miss? I'd definitely say so.
View Quote
Mine was the same way but the case had no label.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 3:37:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I wish I would've known about this back when I had night sights put on my 23 and my 43. Just picked up a 19. Gonna strip it and send it in.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Sent 2 slides on 6/20
Received by Glock 6/22
Card charged on 6/23
Shipped back 6/26
Received back 6/28

1 week turnaround, and a free Glock case.

Thanks Uncle Gaston!
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I sent a stripped 19 and 17 today. Should arrive Monday. I will update when they're back.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I sent two G34 Gen3 slides in for Steel Sights.

7-31 Sent
8-2 Received
8-4 Credit Card Charged
8-10 got both back

$42.12 and they replaced all the guts and gave me two new recoil springs.  Excellent Service by Glock.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Are you all putting your credit card info on the form or using check/money order?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Guys do you strip out the firing pin liner too?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:59:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LawnStripes] [#19]
Originally Posted By underdogII:
Guys do you strip out the firing pin liner too?
View Quote
Channel liner? No.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I sent one in a year ago. Turn around was 7 days. Paid $55 or so.

The sights are good, not as good as the more pricy aftermarket night sights, but very usable. I'm fast with mine and can hit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#21]
My G17 has an NP3 finish from Robar, will they still put sights on it? Don't want to waste their time, or mine.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RRA_Nut:
Are you all putting your credit card info on the form or using check/money order?
View Quote
I did with the intent to use all parts on a stripped slide that I had. They did replace it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Will they install suppressor height sights?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Any issues with sending in a Cerakoted slide? One of the Lipsey's guns, specifically. I'm guessing Glock has dealt with plenty of those, but I thought I'd check first. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:33:59 AM EDT
[#25]
I had a 26.3 barrel I needed refinished, and also wanted to get the night sights after reading this thread. So I sent the stripped slide and barrel in, and 2 weeks later I had a factory refinished barrel and a slide with the night sights and all new internals installed.
Along with paperwork listing out the parts installed.
The night sights were $57, barrel refinish was $20, added sales tax and put a check in the box.
Great deal, will be getting more night sights installed. Went shooting a few days later and was hitting point of aim with new sights.
And the refinish turned out very good as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SticksAndStones:
I had a 26.3 barrel I needed refinished, and also wanted to get the night sights after reading this thread. So I sent the stripped slide and barrel in, and 2 weeks later I had a factory refinished barrel and a slide with the night sights and all new internals installed.
Along with paperwork listing out the parts installed.
The night sights were $57, barrel refinish was $20, added sales tax and put a check in the box.
Great deal, will be getting more night sights installed. Went shooting a few days later and was hitting point of aim with new sights.
And the refinish turned out very good as well.
View Quote
Any pics of the refinish? Looking to have a slide done.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm out of town for a few days but will try to add some soon. I can tell you this, you would never know it was a refinish job. I understand that Glock now refinishes in house, and this one is as good as any new barrel I've ever seen. I would not hesitate to have them factory refinish a barrel or a slide in the future.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:26:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BROvet04] [#28]
lol biggest way to get Glock to give you all new free parts for $57 + shipping and tax. That's why everyone strips the slide and sends them to Glock for sights. In reality it's an easy job but people know Glock will replace all their parts for cheap. What's not to be happy about. Not financially sound policy for warranty service. But what do I know.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SticksAndStones:
I'm out of town for a few days but will try to add some soon. I can tell you this, you would never know it was a refinish job. I understand that Glock now refinishes in house, and this one is as good as any new barrel I've ever seen. I would not hesitate to have them factory refinish a barrel or a slide in the future.
View Quote
That's good to know. I was hesitant about sending it in because of the the outsourcing wait time.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#30]
When sending a check or MO who do you make it out to,just Glock or something else.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:47:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: infectedorganism] [#31]
Originally Posted By ZRAPTOR:
When sending a check or MO who do you make it out to,just Glock or something else.
View Quote
I wrote the check to: GLOCK, Inc. -- it was cashed without issue. Don't forget to include sales tax for your home state.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 4:53:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By infectedorganism:

I wrote the check to: GLOCK, Inc. -- it was cashed without issue. Don't forget to include sales tax for your home state.
View Quote
Thanks man.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone sent a slide in for the new bold sights yet? Really like the u notch of the FBI ones, but if the price is right, and I get a stripped slide built up with new parts, i could live with the square notch.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By williedikker72:
Has anyone sent a slide in for the new bold sights yet? Really like the u notch of the FBI ones, but if the price is right, and I get a stripped slide built up with new parts, i could live with the square notch.
View Quote
Wanting to know this myself.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#35]
A Glock rep called me today to confirm my shipping address (he was confused because I sent the package from a local UPS store, so it had their return address on it). I used the opportunity to ask about the new "Gen 5" night sights and whether they would be offering them as an option. He said they will, but only for Gen 5 guns. Previous generation slides that you send in will still get the standard Glock night sights that they have been installing for the past fifteen years or so..
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
A Glock rep called me today to confirm my shipping address (he was confused because I sent the package from a local UPS store, so it had their return address on it). I used the opportunity to ask about the new "Gen 5" night sights and whether they would be offering them as an option. He said they will, but only for Gen 5 guns. Previous generation slides that you send in will still get the standard Glock night sights that they have been installing for the past fifteen years or so..
View Quote
Just make you know you won’t be getting the U rear notch FBI sights. They will be he square rear notch bold sights.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:03:08 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
Can we assume that the pricing will stay the same as well then; 57 plus tax to send in a gen 5 for the new night sights?

If so that would make life a little easier for me as the blue Label shop near me is always out of the Ameriglo guns but have the regular ones all the time, I could just send it in then to get the sights instead of waiting.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I shipped two stripped slides via FedEx on Monday, Sep 11. They arrived at Glock on Sep 14, I was charged $123.41 on Sep 20, and I received them back yesterday, Sep 25. I think they would have shipped them a day earlier, but they called me on Sep 19 to confirm my shipping address, and I didn't recognize the phone number, so I didn't pick up. If you get a call from Mableton, GA, answer it!

I guess my bill was a little higher because of the cost of shipping back to me way out in West Texas. They sent the two slides back in a Glock case, which was in turn inside a large cardboard box with internal dividers to hold three pistol cases. Kind of surprising to receive such a large box back for only two slides, but they did great work, and it was still a great deal for all those extra parts.

Originally Posted By GatMo:Can we assume that the pricing will stay the same as well then; 57 plus tax to send in a gen 5 for the new night sights?
View Quote

I didn't think to ask if the price is the same, since I don't have any Gen 5s. I'll try to call them back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I like the look and how far back on the slide the Glock sight sits .I almost always go with Glock fact night sights . But the new gen 5 Glock 19 I looked at had the new FBI type and I liked them and took it home .
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Luckily I live about 8 miles from Glock, so when I get my Gen 5 G17 out of layaway, its just a short drive down there to get them installed.............just cant decide between the Ameriglo or the Meprolight
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:16:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boolzi] [#41]
I’ve sent a 22,26,and a 20 and stripped all the slides. Turnaround was quick. I put my own factory night sights on my 19 myself and cost as much without the slide rebuild. All though none of my slide parts were close to worn out. I have a 43 that I am going to put fiber optic/night sights on. I like the glock sights at night, but not during the day so I am probably going to be changing them all.

With a rail light and night sights I think I shoot 30% better. You only have the target to focus on and the 3 lit dots are easy to aim. That’s one of the perks to having your own land I guess, night shooting.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#42]
I just run over to glock mister and they will do it for free
They've even done them for free when I buy them someplace else, but I always make sure to buy something when I'm there
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By triaxle:
I like the look and how far back on the slide the Glock sight sits .I almost always go with Glock fact night sights . But the new gen 5 Glock 19 I looked at had the new FBI type and I liked them and took it home .
View Quote
I don't think I've ever seen the factory sights installed . Got a pic ?
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:46:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#44]
Originally Posted By Me:
I didn't think to ask if the price is the same, since I don't have any Gen 5s. I'll try to call them back tomorrow.
View Quote
I submitted the question through the Glock contact form on their website over the weekend. They replied back today and said that the Gen 5 night sight installation is $100 plus tax. Quite a bit more than their standard night sights.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 1goodshot:
I just run over to glock mister and they will do it for free
They've even done them for free when I buy them someplace else, but I always make sure to buy something when I'm there
View Quote
Yes but $57 includes the night sights, installation, new slide internals, and return shipping. 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#46]

I submitted the question through the Glock contact form on their website over the weekend. They replied back today and said that the Gen 5 night sight installation is $100 plus tax. Quite a bit more than their standard night sights.
View Quote
Thanks for checking.

100 bucks is certainly more than 57 BUT these are much better sights too. Still a good deal with the replacement parts and return shipping.

Nevertheless I'll be looking fit the Ameriglo models as it will be cheaper overall.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Recently received back four Glock slides I sent in for Glock Steel Sights, $20+tax.
I like the steel sights since I bought a summer special G19 FS that came std with steel sights.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:53:13 AM EDT
[#48]
I sent in a stripped slide for night sights on Friday, 10/20 and received it back Tuesday, 10/31.  It came back complete, cleaned with new slide internals and the night sights.  

Great service, great price.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#49]
I think I’m going to go this route with all my Glocks. Just for clarification first though, when you guys say stripped, what exactly are you removing first before sending to get all new internals? Forgive my ignorance, while I am quite competent with ARs, I’ve never stripped a Glock before.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 1:44:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#50]
Watch a video like this one on how to strip the slide:

Glock Pistol Complete Detail Slide Disassembly

It’s very easy to do once you understand the steps. The only thing you’re not removing is the plastic channel liner that the striker pin fits inside of. That requires a special tool. Glock will replace all the parts you see in the above video for free. Can’t beat that deal.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top