Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Posted: 9/17/2015 9:33:39 PM EDT
Has anyone here send their slide in? What are their night sights like installed? How much did it cost you? Turnaround time?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't waste my time sending a gun away to have anyone put night sights on it. Plenty of local gunsmiths, gun stores, and just random handy people that would be willing to do it for a small fee. Some places will install them for free if you buy the night sights at their store.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nate19:
I wouldn't waste my time sending a gun away to have anyone put night sights on it. Plenty of local gunsmiths, gun stores, and just random handy people that would be willing to do it for a small fee. Some places will install them for free if you buy the night sights at their store.
View Quote

I was wondering how much they charge for their sights and installation? Is it a lot cheaper? I think others here have stated that they will also send you free slide parts if you send you slide stripped.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
$57 including return shipping. Mine took about 2 weeks door to door. It's a pretty damn good deal
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
$57 including return shipping. Mine took about 2 weeks door to door. It's a pretty damn good deal
View Quote

That includes the night sights and the installation? Did you send in a form with it? Who did you contact?

Did you send your slide in stripped?
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AmericanPatriot1776:

That includes the night sights and the installation? Did you send in a form with it? Who did you contact?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You send it in without the barrel and guide rod.  I can't recall but I believe they are the ameriglo night sights.  I prefer truglo but these are nice and I've sent in several to get it done.  Just call Glock and they will email you a form to fill out which will give you all the info you need to send your gun in.   I think it's the best deal for night sights!  I believe they carry a 12 year warranty on them.  Don't hesitate to do it.  It's the real deal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:43:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is the form.  $57 includes the install and return shipping.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Just another option...I got some Meprolights for $60 shipped (sorry, on ebay...I know, I know) and installed them myself.  I did have to get some nylon punches ($5) and a Glock front sight wrench ($5) so all in for $70.

I've never installed sights before but after a few youtube videos, I managed to get them installed in about 30 minutes.  Another one of those things, that I felt kind of silly for being nervous about doing it.  Ridiculously easy...if you can use a hammer, you can install the sights.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:30:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: k80clay] [#8]
I sent a slide to them to have one of the old stake on front night sights installed.

Not only charged me zero, but installed a new extractor, striker, springs and spring cups.

I should add this was an old Gen2 G22.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I've sent 5 slides to Glock to have night sights installed.

$57 including the night sights, installation, and return shipping of your slide. Usually about a 10day total turn time.

Sure most shops will install nights for free if you buy the sights from them... it's still going to cost you a lot more than $57.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#11]
$50-60

Fast, good deal.    It is true that local shops will do it.   I kind of trust the factory in this case to properly mount and center them.  YMMV, a lotof local shops are just fine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

No barrel, no guide rod.   No need to take the otehr stuff out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Glock night sights are Meprolight tritium and their sights are finished the same as the slides.

The sights are, IMO, higher quality than Trijicon and Ameriglo and $57 installed and shipped back is a helluva deal.

I've sent off many slides to have sights put on, never a bad experience, turnaround is about two weeks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CyberIntel:

View All Quotes

If you take the other stuff out and ship it, will they restock the parts for free?
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

If you totally strip the slide like I and others have, you get it returned with a new striker, striker spring, extractor and spring and back plate.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#16]
It's the best deal going for night sights.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Same cost.  I think mine was back in 1.5 weeks.  I like them
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I sent back my Gen 3 17L and 17C for night sights and to add the 3.5lb disconnector for the trigger.  I also asked for the extended slide and mag release for the 17C.  They installed these parts for free and only charged me for the parts.

The one downside to shipping back a whole gun is that you need to send it overnight from a FedEx/UPS delivery center, not a local store.  I believe it's an insurance issue.  Just something to be aware of in your decision making.

But I recommend sending it back and upgrading the parts I did above as the trigger is very nice.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Same here

happy happy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

My experience as well!
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:

If you totally strip the slide like I and others have, you get it returned with a new striker, striker spring, extractor and spring and back plate.
View Quote

This, always this.

Not stripping the slide first is a wasted opportunity.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#22]
If you take the other stuff out and ship it, will they restock the parts for free?
View Quote

Usually.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Question,...

When you send the slide to Glock, how do you ship it?  Standard USPS Priority?
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Wishoot1:
Question,...

View Quote

Yes. Since the slide is not a firearm, you can do that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 11:49:51 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wishoot1:
Question,...

Small flat rate box. $5.80 IIRC
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#28]
I sent my G26 gen 4 slide off today from North East Georgia to have their Night Sights installed, I also left a message in the USPS flat rate box that if they can swap the included 2 standard slide release levers for 1 Extended slide release lever that it will be greatly appreciated. I also asked for the Ameriglo HackaThorn sights I had on back so we will see.

I will update when I get the slide Back.

Night Sights $57.00 + GA sales tax 7% = $60.99 + USPS Flat Rate shipping $5.75 = $66.74 + $500.00 Insurance = Total $73.74   Way cheaper than midway or Brownells.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Looking at the form it lists "frame upgrade" as an option, what exactly is that?
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:
Looking at the form it lists "frame upgrade" as an option, what exactly is that?
View Quote

Gen1 or 2 frame "upgraded" to Gen 3
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks guys.  

Just shipped my slide off to Glock for new night sights.  

$57 plus a little for shipping is about the best deal I could find.  Considering how badly I would manage to screw it up, it's well worth the cost.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Or if you bubba your gun up when doing a robar grip reduction or when making a G19 into a G26L and the saw slips. lol I have seen that on the web before.

The main thing I would consider using it for is a Kaboom from a hot hand load.  I think is great that Glock offers that option. I just wonder if you can pick the color. Tan , black or OD Green.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By StevenH:

View All Quotes

Or if you bubba your gun up when doing a robar grip reduction or when making a G19 into a G26L and the saw slips. lol I have seen that on the web before.

The main thing I would consider using it for is a Kaboom from a hot hand load. I think is great that Glock offers that option. I just wonder if you can pick the color. Tan , black or OD Green.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

This. Did it with my 19. Do it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:30:36 AM EDT
[#35]
I've sent several. As noted, quick turnaround and a hard to beat deal.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
I sent my G26 gen 4 slide off today from North East Georgia to have their Night Sights installed, I also left a message in the USPS flat rate box that if they can swap the included 2 standard slide release levers for 1 Extended slide release lever that it will be greatly appreciated. I also asked for the Ameriglo HackaThorn sights I had on back so we will see.

Night Sights $57.00 + GA sales tax 7% = $60.99 + USPS Flat Rate shipping $5.75 = $66.74 + $500.00 Insurance = Total $73.74   Way cheaper than midway or Brownells.
View Quote

Mailed the slide from Carnesville GA 30521 at 10:28 Am Monday 09/21/2015 Arrived at Glock in Smyrna Ga  09/22/2015 at 5:47 AM.

Hopefully glock will send me a email or give me a call when finished and give me a tracking number. So far I may be on track to receive my slide back by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#37]

Mailed the slide from Carnesville GA 30521 at 10:28 Am Monday 09/21/2015 Arrived at Glock in Smyrna Ga  09/22/2015 at 5:47 AM.

Hopefully glock will send me a email or give me a call when finished and give me a tracking number. So far I may be on track to receive my slide back by the end of the week.
View All Quotes

Keep us posted.  

I sent mine to Glock yesterday afternoon.  Should be to Smyrna Wednesday sometime.  I'm also wondering if they'll send a tracking number when they send it back to me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:15:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 549] [#38]
They worked on mine the day after they received it. However, it was like three days after that before they mailed it back. Made me wonder if they have a "ship" day. Still got it back in less than 2 weeks including the two day trip to them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Out of the five slides I have sent to them, they only called me one time to let me know they were charging $57 to my credit card. The other 4 times the slide just shows up in my mailbox about 10 days later.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Had a call today from Mableton Ga 770-432-1202 it was a Glock Tech saying that My G26Gen 4 slide has had its new sights installed and was ready to send back.

He did have a few questions for me.

The slide releases I sent back was given to me by Glock in a small bag last year when I took a G21Gen4 and a Gen1 17 down to the mothership for new sights. I just assumed both slide releases fit a G21 and thru them in the stock glock parts drawer.  What I didn't realize one slide release was for a G21 and the other was for a G17 sized guns. The tech asked me what I was wanting to do with the single extended slide release. I told him, I wanted to put it on my new G40MOS. The Tech told me that the large frame slide releases will not work on the G40MOS. I did not ask why but just ask that he swap the 2 slide releases for 2 extended models that will fit the smaller framed glocks and he happily obliged.

I also had a question written on my form. Does Glock sell a Glock branded night sight set for the G42 380? His reply was yes they do and the cost is the same $57.00 plus local sales tax.  When I was down at Glock last year I asked this same question and the tech I spoke too face to face told me that Glock did not have night sights for the G42 and was not planning on making any ( have them made for them). I guess with the success of the G42 and G43 they had to change their minds.

The Tech also told me that Glock would send me a email with a FedEx tracking number on my slide. He did not say when the slide will ship but when I get the email I will give a update.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

So far Slide shipped Monday       09/21/2015    10:28AM
Received by Glock Tuesday        09/22/2015     08:55AM
PH Call Sights Installed Thur       09/24/2015     09:47AM
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Any chance of a Gen 4?  I have a Gen 2 .40 that I would like to upgrade or replace. A gen 4 would be icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#43]
They can not because of the guide rod difference between the  Gen1-3 (single spring) VS Gen 4 (double captive spring) on the G22 if that is what you have.

If you have a gen 2 or 3 G26,27,33 you maybe able to upgrade to gen 4 because the small framed sub compacts have always used double captive recoil springs to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Gotcha. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:56:13 AM EDT
[#45]
UPDATE

So far

Slide shipped to Glock on Monday 09/21/2015 10:28AM

Received by Glock Tuesday 09/22/2015 08:55AM

Phone Call received stating Sights Installed Thur 09/24/2015 09:47AM

I Called Monday 09/28/2015 at 1:58 Pm, I had still not heard from Glock Via email like I was told on the phone on 09/24/2015 guy answering the phone was not very nice but did give me the info I needed, I requested a tracking number  and he gave me one. I did ask if they have a Ship Out Day once a week and he said no. That they are shipped as they are fixed. ( which makes no sense since mine was fixed on the 24th.)
I also set up with FEDEX everytime their is a package sent to my address I will receive Text alerts. It was free and I advise everyone to set up a FedEx delivery manager.  

I received a text from Fedex at 8:29PM 09/28/2015 saying that my package was shipped and in route. Should receive it today.

Fed Ex info sent to me
Monday
1:35 pmShipment information sent to FedEx
4:26 pmPicked upKENNESAW, GA
8:27 pmArrived at FedEx locationKENNESAW, GA

Tuesday
1:54 amDeparted FedEx locationKENNESAW, GA
7:24 amAt local FedEx facilityATHENS, GA

Estimated delivery :
Tues 9/29/2015
Commerce, GA US

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I've been putting it off for 3-4 years, looks like I'm sending mine in next week.

Thanks, I had no idea.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Sent mine in on 9/21/15 and received a FedEx notice that it will be delivered sometime on 9/30/15.  

A whopping 7 days from the time I dropped it off until the day it's returned.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#48]
I sent a G34 and G43 in a couple of months ago (June I think) and had them back in 10 or 11 days.  Hard to beat for $125 shipped and insured for new sights.  They also replaced the extractor on my G34 with an updated version it appeared.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:57:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#49]
UPDATE

So far

Slide shipped to Glock on Monday 09/21/2015 10:28AM

Received by Glock Tuesday 09/22/2015 08:55AM

Phone Call received stating Sights Installed Thur 09/24/2015 09:47AM

I Called Monday 09/28/2015 at 1:58 Pm, I had still not heard from Glock Via email like I was told on the phone on 09/24/2015 guy answering the phone was not very nice but did give me the info I needed, I requested a tracking number  and he gave me one. I did ask if they have a Ship Out Day once a week and he said no. That they are shipped as they are fixed. ( which makes no sense since mine was fixed on the 24th.)
I also set up with FEDEX everytime their is a package sent to my address I will receive Text alerts. It was free and I advise everyone to set up a FedEx delivery manager.  

I received a text from Fedex at 8:29PM 09/28/2015 saying that my package was shipped and in route. Should receive it today.

Fed Ex info sent to me
Monday
1:35 pmShipment information sent to FedEx
4:26 pmPicked upKENNESAW, GA
8:27 pmArrived at FedEx locationKENNESAW, GA

Tuesday
1:54 amDeparted FedEx locationKENNESAW, GA
7:24 amAt local FedEx facilityATHENS, GA

Estimated delivery :
Tues 9/29/2015
View Quote

Received at 09/29/2015 at 1:05PM
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#50]

I received My G26 slide today at 09/29/2015 at 1:05 PM,  in the box was a package containing the slide, 2 sheets of paper and a small bag containing my aftermarket sights I had originally installed, my maritime spring cups and 2 extended slide releases levers I requested to exchange for 2 non extended.  And a new recoil spring.

One letter stated what all they had done to my slide. It was very simple just part numbers no explanation. The other was a receipt for the night sights.

Total Turn around 9 days. OR 194.5 HRS if my math is correct

Hope this is a help to anybody considering sending off their slide.

I will be sending off my G42 tomorrow for new sights.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top