Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dwcopple:
Not sure it is.  They got my slide on Tuesday and still have it.  Be sure to sign up for FedEx ship manager so you get notified when it ships and you can have it held so you don't miss the signature delivery.
View Quote

Oh, they ship it back with signature confirmation, I didn't know that. I'll def get signed up for that then, thanks for the heads up! Hopefully you'll get it back soon.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I put Meprolights on all my pistols, orange rear, green front. Easy do-it-yourself job, I bought the rear sight pusher and never needed to adjust after going to the range, they've been dead-on each and every time after installing them at home. I just take them to the range to verify, just in case.

Meprolight Sights
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you just fill out the form and ship it?

Do you need to get an RMA first?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
$57 including return shipping. Mine took about 2 weeks door to door. It's a pretty damn good deal
View Quote

They also charge state sales tax for the state you live in so I paid around $64 total.

Decent sights, cheapest price you'll find, send in a stripped slide and it'll come back with new parts.  Can't beat that with a stick!
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Leon82:
Do you just fill out the form and ship it?

Do you need to get an RMA first?
View Quote

Yes, fill out the Form and send it in.

No need for an RMA.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#6]
This is great info, thanks everyone for posting. I didn't realize Glock offered this service. I just recently bought a set of Trijicon sights (got a fantastic Black Friday deal) and had them installed for $15 at a local shop. This was on my 22-year old Gen 2 G17, which hasn't been fired that much, but it still could have benefited from the internal parts upgrade. I'll probably send my Gen 3 G19 in for new sights soon though, since it's 10-year old Trijicons are starting to dim.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure it's been addressed but who actually makes the Glock night sights? Was it Meprolight?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GatMo:
I'm sure it's been addressed but who actually makes the Glock night sights? Was it Meprolight?
View Quote

Correct, Meprolight provides the vials.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone done the steel sights?

if so any pics or info on what models they put in. As long as the rear has no dots I could be interested in that. 
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Can someone use calipers to measure the width of the glock night sight front post and rear opening?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:

if so any pics or info on what models they put in. As long as the rear has no dots I could be interested in that. 
View Quote
I just did the steel sights and just got my return ship notification from FedEx.  I'll have it back Friday.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I just did the steel sights and just got my return ship notification from FedEx.  I'll have it back Friday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Cool - please post pics!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Just picked it up.  They put all new parts in it just like with night sights.  I pulled the new parts (LCI extractor) they put in and put my old stuff back in for now as I had my striker face and FPS polished nicely.  These sights will do for now.  I might look into a set of Ameriglo CAP's down the road depending on how I start using this Glock.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Just picked it up.  They put all new parts in it just like with night sights.  I pulled the new parts (LCI extractor) they put in and put my old stuff back in for now as I had my striker face and FPS polished nicely.  These sights will do for now.  I might look into a set of Ameriglo CAP's down the road depending on how I start using this Glock.
View Quote

What was your door to door wait to get the slide back if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:37:59 AM EDT
[#15]
sent it out on Sat 1/21 USPS First class
Glock got it Tues 1/24
Glock shipped it 2/1
It arrived 2/3
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the update and pics.

They've had my 43 slide since last Monday so I'm hoping to get a return notification either tomorrow or the next.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Just received a notice from FedEx that my two slides have shipped today with expected delivery on Wednesday, the 8th.  I mailed them on Wednesday, 1/25 via Priority Mail, 1/27, so right at two weeks door-to-door.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Local fun store, Va Arms, will usually install sights if you buy from them, sometimes if you do enough other business, they will take care of you.

$57 shipped isn't bad either.  If you're a GSSF member and attend a match, they will look over you gun and replace parts for free.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By StewartTR:
Is a damn easy DIY job.  Just need a sight pusher...
View Quote

There is always one....
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:59:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevenH] [#20]
Originally Posted By amprecon:
I put Meprolights on all my pistols, orange rear, green front. Easy do-it-yourself job, I bought the rear sight pusher and never needed to adjust after going to the range, they've been dead-on each and every time after installing them at home. I just take them to the range to verify, just in case.

Meprolight Sights
View Quote

Dp meprolight sights cost $57 and come with a free extractor and free firing pin (striker) for your spare parts bin?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By StevenH:

Dp meprolight sights cost $57 and come with a free extractor and free firing pin (striker) for your spare parts bin?
View Quote

No kidding! I was looking at spare mags for my 43 on Brownell's website and came across the firing pin assembly; with my dealer discount it was still like $43, and that's just ONE of the parts they're replacing for free! I added some of them up, we're looking at about 70-80 dollars in free parts just for sending it in. Hell of a deal.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#22]
you are missing the point.  You get a mess of free parts just to send it in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StewartTR:
Is a damn easy DIY job.  Just need a sight pusher...
you are missing the point.  You get a mess of free parts just to send it in.

Not only that, but the sights cost the same whether you do it yourself or have them do it. Also, the cost of a sight pusher and the front sight tool alone is far more expensive than the sights themselves.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I vote this thread be made sticky. Far too many people still don't know about this service and they might never see it if it falls off page 1.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Sent my latest slide in 1/27 and got it back today 2/6.

Night sights and new internals
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I get my 43 slide back today, I'll post pics when I get home.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Sent mine in 2/7/17 received it back today 2/16/17.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Sent my 26 on 2/10, scheduled for delivery 2/20, jus got my tracking number.

I'm sending my 19 next!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:47:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: my2Dogs] [#28]
sent mine off today,  USPS,  should be there in two days.

I asked them to inspect the channel liner as my striker looked like it had copper or red color showing through like it was wearing?  So I will let yall know if they replace it or not.

I also sent it in stripped so looking forward to the new parts.

I bought this slide for a poly 80 frame.  I dont know the history of it so that is another reason for me stripping out the old stuff.

ETA// USPS delivered my slide today 02/23 I will keep updating till I get it back.  

etaa // 03/01 received shipping notification from FDX slide will be delivered friday 3/03 but I wont be home to get it.  I dont get off work till the man has already run by my area. 

picked mine up from FDX today,  I put a note on mine to please inspect the channel liner,  they went ahead and replaced it,  sights look good,  all new internals,  very happy with the 60 dollar out the door price.

will post a picture here in a bit
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I used to send my slides away, then I bought a cheap pusher and do it myself.

I also got the fixxer tool for the front site, which with Loctite makes everything goes smoothly.

About the only guns I will send away for sights are 1911s, because those require hand fitting. And they cost too much to fuck up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I got my 43 back from Glock seven days after they received it. It was $65 dollars for night sights, install and return shipping. It was well worth the price.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GreenBastard:
I used to send my slides away, then I bought a cheap pusher and do it myself.

I also got the fixxer tool for the front site, which with Loctite makes everything goes smoothly.

About the only guns I will send away for sights are 1911s, because those require hand fitting. And they cost too much to fuck up.
View Quote

You're missing the point, Glock will rebuild your slide with all new parts. Slide plate, striker assembly, extractor, etc ON TOP of a set of night sights, installation service and return shipping, all for about 60 bucks. The striker assembly for my 43 is $40 alone, so it's a hell of a deal. Only thing that makes it not worth it is if you're dead set on a different set of NS.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:10:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bumblebee_Bob] [#32]
Can someone use calipers to measure the width of the glock night sight front post and rear opening?
View Quote

@Fooboy

I make it 0.153" on the front and 0.135" on the rear.  Model 19.

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone have a pressed in front sight done? Did they convert it to screw in?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By beemerman:
Anyone have a pressed in front sight done? Did they convert it to screw in?
View Quote

Yes they do.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BCurry1:

Yes they do.
View Quote
I have one that is pressed in,  sent it off to Glock years ago,  what do they do just pull the old one off and screw a new one on?  does anyone have a picture of one that was converted?  I only ask because I never thought about it till someone asked the question above........
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I went back through the thread, I guess I missed it. Where do you download the form to send in with the slide?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Do they sit on personal checks or the same quick turn around?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Last one I sent I included a check.  They shipped the same speed.  My check wasn't even cashed/cleared yet
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Sonny82:
I went back through the thread, I guess I missed it. Where do you download the form to send in with the slide?
View Quote
glock warranty page at glock.us
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#40]
glock warranty page at glock.us
View Quote

Appreciate it!
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Last one I sent I included a check.  They shipped the same speed.  My check wasn't even cashed/cleared yet
View Quote

Awesome thanks
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I took mine in and less than 30 minutes later walked out with my night sights installed
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
I took mine in and less than 30 minutes later walked out with my night sights installed
View Quote
did you get free slide parts like the rest of us?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I travel to GA, i been thinking off stripping it and packing it in my checked bag ang taking to Glock.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By EADG:
I travel to GA, i been thinking off stripping it and packing it in my checked bag ang taking to Glock.
View Quote

just mail it.  It's a 10 day turnaround and you get $70 free spare parts!
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Sent my slide in for refinishing and they sent it back with all new internals and sights which of course I didn't  Need LOL,but they never sent me any info when it shipped out from them back to me, just lucky I was home when FedEx showed up... but the refinishing time was just little over two weeks to get back to me.. and only $45.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By lyodbraun:
Sent my slide in for refinishing and they sent it back with all new internals and sights which of course I didn't  Need LOL,but they never sent me any info when it shipped out from them back to me, just lucky I was home when FedEx showed up... but the refinishing time was just little over two weeks to get back to me.. and only $45.
View Quote

What finish do they put on it? Is it the same crappy finish as gen 4s?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:13:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Henry1] [#48]
Originally Posted By Overkill777:

View Quote
I know this is drifting OT just a bit, but I'd like to know about the Glock refinishing too...

I have a new Gen-4 Glock 19 and I'm not real happy with the finish on the slide, compared to my other, Gen-2 and Gen-3 models. It has some very small shinny spots on the left side near the front of the slide; kind of like something spattered on the finish and left small spots during the finishing process, or the slide wasn't prepped properly before finishing.

I'm with Overkill777, exactly what does Glock do to the finishes? Do they refinish under warranty? Nitride? Hot-blue? Cerakote? Nickle plate?   
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:42:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lyodbraun] [#49]
Originally Posted By Henry1:
I know this is drifting OT just a bit, but I'd like to know about the Glock refinishing too...

I have a new Gen-4 Glock 19 and I'm not real happy with the finish on the slide, compared to my other, Gen-2 and Gen-3 models. It has some very small shinny spots on the left side near the front of the slide; kind of like something spattered on the finish and left small spots during the finishing process, or the slide wasn't prepped properly before finishing.

I'm with Overkill777, exactly what does Glock do to the finishes? Do they refinish under warranty? Nitride? Hot-blue? Cerakote? Nickle plate?   
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Henry1:
Originally Posted By Overkill777:

Before

Afer

I asked for the so called frying pan finish LOL. but didn't get that, but it's better than what originally came on it,  same paperwork as the sight work just request refinishing..
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By lyodbraun:

Before

Afer

I asked for the so called frying pan finish LOL. but didn't get that, but it's better than what originally came on it,  same paperwork as the sight work just request refinishing..
View Quote
The pic on top looks like someone tried to remove the finish to make it look battle-warn/shinny. The pic on the bottom, (recent finish by Glock?) looks better, but kind of inconsistent in color; maybe it's just the light in the pic. However, you'r right, it looks pretty much like all the new Gen-4 models. I like the old frying-pan look too. 

Thanks for posting the photos.

Now back to night-sights...
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top