Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2015 7:55:54 PM EDT
I just saw this (sorry if someone posted it previously).
http://sintercore.com/3dplus2/

I wish they showed videos of it working reliably for 200rds.  ;)
My TTI +2 fails to feed 2.5-4% of the time with AE115gr FMJs (but I still trust it with the last two rounds being CD115 JHP).

NOTE:  I'm not a shill and know nothing about Sintercore.  I do remember reading about their 3D printed muzzle break, but remember it was very pricey due to the inconel material.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm probably odd man out here but I purchased the G43 because it was a good deal smaller than my 26....I like capacity as much as the next guy but not at the price of easy to conceal size.   Too bad all the extensions have to add so much to the length.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#2]
He holds it up to the OEM pinky mag and it's barely longer if at all...like 2-3mm.  I guess the rear is what prints but for me, what makes a gun concealable and comfortable is THINNESS and WEIGHT.  So even with 9rds, I still find it 90% more comfortable and 50% more concealable than my G19 (which I still carry a lot).

ETA:  I have had 100% reliability with a filed down follower that allows +1 in my OEM mag, but I prefer the longer full-grip of the extended ones.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll stick with my Taran + 1's and wait for MagGuts to come out with a follower and spring for the 43.
But I am glad to see others coming out with + base pads.

Dave N
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm waiting for Pearce to come out with a +1 extended grip that is the same length as the factory extended base plate just like the ones they make for the 26. I always found Pearce +1 grips to be reliable and concealable. I expect nothing less for the 43.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:23:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got one of the Pearce + 1's for my 42. Combined with the MagGuts kit, it gives me a reliable 8 round mag.

Dave N
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there any indication of Glock oem mag extensions in the foreseeable future?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered these last week and they will be here thursday, Ill report with pics and reviews. Also gonna pick up some taran +1's. I like that the sintercore follows the grip unlike the taran +2. Also glad to report sintercore customer service is top notch so far.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:33:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is there any indication of Glock oem mag extensions in the foreseeable future?
View Quote
This. Swear I read they had 10 rounders in the works but the 42 extended mags still don't exist.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:46:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just got one of the Pearce + 1's for my 42. Combined with the MagGuts kit, it gives me a reliable 8 round mag.

Dave N
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:14:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Can't wait to here your report on these Alva.

I'm not a fan of the +1s since I really like to have a tiny bit more my pinky (even if it was only +1)...but I definitely will admit it's a nice size to carry.  I'll still likely sell/trade my +1 for another +2 (and hope longer springs come out someday).  

I definitely hope Mag-guts takes my recommendation to offer a +1 follower with springs long enough for the VARIOUS +1 and +2 base-plates.  I love the idea of carrying 9 and 10rds.  
I think the 10rd mag thing  was all a mistake, when a gun-store mislabeled something.  Of course, I'd love a 'carry for back-up' 10-12rd mag that stuck out like my 17rd mags do on my G19 (I rarely carry a backup mag with my G19, but when I do it's a 17rd mag with a +2 base)...or a 32rd mag that one time I had to go get a leash my wife left in a dark a$$ park, in a not great area, at 2am because she "needed it" to walk the dog in the morning.  

I'm going to switch my TTI+2 mag-base over to a different mag and see if the failures keep happening with 115gr fmj...I've been putting it off due to the large amount of blue-loctite I used (and a fear of stripping the set-screw).  
But maybe this one either has a weaker spring OR perhaps the inside of the mag needs to have the interior edges sanded down in case it's binding on occasion.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Check the inside bottom of the mag walls. My 42 has an edge about 1/8" from the bottom. Might be the same on the 43 mag.

Dave N
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#12]
A little birdy told me that Tango Down should have +2s for the G43 in about 6-8 weeks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#13]
got my sintercore +2's, I like them so far but well see how they are with some rounds down range

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, it looks like they ran into issues and are sending refunds out.   How is yours cycling/loading, Alva8193??

"Hello,
A handful of customers have run into problems with the Glock 43 mag extensions. It seems that the 3D printing process is not producing consistent internal geometry and some customers can't install the extension without damage nor load all eight rounds.

However, most people aren't having problems and I've already received repeat orders from happy customers. I am gathering data and working with my supplier to make changes to the design that will allow for consistent manufacturing precision.

Because the exact timeline for a revised design and eventual production is unknown, though, I'm writing to notify you that I'm going to cancel and refund your order entirely.

3D printing technology is awesome to use and it is great to be on the cutting edge, but, as with anything new, unforeseen problems tend to crop up. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope you understand.

Thank you,
Neal Brace
Owner"
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Well mine don't have fitment issues, feel and look good I'm really liking the size and angle. The real test will come from actually firing some rounds which will happen this weekend.  I don't know what to expect but really hoping they work out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'll stick with my Taran + 1's and wait for MagGuts to come out with a follower and spring for the 43.
But I am glad to see others coming out with + base pads.

Dave N
View Quote

THIS for me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't have a 43 yet.

My wife carries a 42 with mag guts followers.

I carry a Shield with a 7+1 flush fit mag and a 8 round spare.

I am very comfortable with this capacity. I am crossing my fingers mag guys comes out with some reliable followers. I'd dump the shield for a G43.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top