Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/28/2015 12:27:25 PM EDT
Deus Ex Machina match grade barrel and Gunfighter trigger review

The Glock 19 is probably one of the most widely carried handguns in the world, and as such it only makes sense that we would take a great product and put our own personal touches on it, hopefully improving it in the process. Some people opt for stippling, trigger guard reductions, red dot sight mounting, and the list goes on and on. Some add ons are for looks and others are more performance based.

I carry a Gen 3 FDE Glock 19 during most of the year. After thousands of reliable rounds through it, I thought it was time to make some changes. In my opinion the stock Glock trigger leaves a lot of room for improvement. I decided it was time for a trigger upgrade and why not pair that with a match grade barrel at the same time.

There’s literally a plethora of companies out there that produce aftermarket accessories and replacement parts. It can be quite an undertaking narrowing down what company best suits your individual needs. Almost everyone out there produces quality parts, some better than others. Another factor I take into account is customer service; when I email a company do they get back to me promptly or are they so boutique they don’t bother to respond at all.

During my search I came across a company named Dues Ex Machina (www.customglockbarrels.com). They produce match grade stainless steel Glock barrels as well as aftermarket flat faced triggers and custom Glock slides. The company is run by a gentleman named Benjamin Bunker. Mr. Bunker owns and operates his own law firm that accommodates to gun owners and firearms based businesses. When I read that I thought it was a huge plus. Anyone who can help fellow gun owners or FFL holders in any legal matter is worth taking a deeper look into.

The barrel. Ok let’s get down to business here, Deus Ex Machina offers barrels for both the Glock 17 and 19. They are stainless steel 416R match barrels that come both threaded and non-threaded. The thread pattern is ½-28 as compared to the metric thread pattern Glock uses. You also get them fluted or dimpled. The machining on them is impeccable. There were no tooling marks to be found nor were there any discernable chatter marks in the dimpling. The roll marks are crisp and clean, and I liked the company logo. Finish comes in two varieties, TiN (gold in color) or black nitride. Deus Ex Machina barrels come with a lifetime warranty as well. Below is an excerpt from their website with all the specs-

•Compatible with Glock generations 2 through 4
•Precision machined from heat treated 416R stainless forgings
•Ready to use, pre-fit drop in
•Oversized lock up are produces greater shot-to-shot accuracy
•Polished feed ramp and bore
•Maximum chamber support and improved feed ramp design
•Diamond turned exterior
•Broach cut rifling and target crown
•Custom relief cuts and engraving on outside of chamber
•1/2x28 threads
•Includes matching thread protector

The trigger. The DEM Gunfighter trigger differs from the traditional trigger design as this one is flat faced. It’s my opinion that flat faced triggers give you more “control” over the trigger pull itself. They allow the shooter to better position your finger where it should be on the trigger and facilitates more consistent pulls from shot to shot. It also feels more natural during the pull itself.

The Gunfighter is overbuilt to say the least. The shoe itself is machined from 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum. They finish it in Mil-Spec type III hard coat anodize, which will provide a lifetime of use and abuse. It is held in place with two 420 stainless steel coil pins. Those pins boast a 550lb breaking strength. Told you it was overbuilt. Each trigger includes a new, hand polished Glock OEM trigger bar which is hand polished and DLC coated.

The trigger exhibited minimal creep to it. When it came to its “break”, it did so very crisply and consistently during the 500 rounds I’ve run through my 19. The reset was short and predictable. I don’t have a Lyman trigger pull gauge available to measure the actual weight of the pull itself but it’s an incredible improvement over the stock trigger.

Overall I couldn’t be more pleased with the performance of both the barrel and trigger. The correspondence with DEM was prompt and courteous. They returned all of my emails within the same day and answered all of my questions with knowledgeable replies. They were dedicated to getting me what I was looking for to upgrade my G19.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! I'm about to drop the hammer on one of those for my 17 project.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice! I'm about to drop the hammer on one of those for my 17 project.
View Quote

You won't be disappointed, I'm glad I came across them!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Just put an order in for one of their triggers!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Does the trigger help much with overtravel ? One of the main things which interested me in the Agency Arms trigger is the fact that it helps with overtravel and gives a crisp break with minimal creep. I do like that this trigger can be ordered with either Gen 4 or Gen 3 trigger bar.

As far a the barrel goes, have you shot it for groups and compared to the stock barrel ? I know some barrels such as KKM have an excellent reputation for producing excellent groups with their drop ins but I have not seen too much actual evidence to support this with drop in barrels.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Very ñice
I have been looking for a good threaded barrel and flat trigger.and like that they offer it in black as well

How accurate is the barrel?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Care to toss a picture up there from the muzzle end so we can see the crown?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry for the delay guys, I'll get some pics up of the crown and targets in the next couple days.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Any idea where these are made?  I'm wondering if these are made by S3F or ZEV (or whoever makes them)--they look really similar.
I'd like to see some accuracy testing versus your OEM barrel at 15-25Y.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any idea where these are made?  I'm wondering if these are made by S3F or ZEV (or whoever makes them)--they look really similar.
View Quote

I do not know who mfg.'s their barrels or who's blanks they use. The specs, lifetime warranty and customer service is what sold me. I'll get some pics of groupings up asap.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:57:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, those are close to ZEV prices (versus S3F) and have similar machining.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I must say the customer service and ship time have been superb. Ordered a trigger yesterday and it shipped out the same day, even after I made a mistake on which gen. I was looking for. The correspondance between the owner and myself in fixing this issue could not have been any smoother. I am really excited for this company.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I do not know who mfg.'s their barrels or who's blanks they use. The specs, lifetime warranty and customer service is what sold me. I'll get some pics of groupings up asap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should go ahead and grab the magwell so we can see what it looks like installed
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You should go ahead and grab the magwell so we can see what it looks like installed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol I'd like to, I just ordered another trigger and TiN threaded/dimpled barrel for my 17
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#14]
This trigger has really spiked my interest, I have a couple of the Royal Arms triggers and I'm very pleased with them.  I also have a custom 17 that I'm working on, and that trigger looks like a winner for it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This trigger has really spiked my interest, I have a couple of the Royal Arms triggers and I'm very pleased with them.  I also have a custom 17 that I'm working on, and that trigger looks like a winner for it.
View Quote

My interest got to me, I just ordered.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered one yesterday and it shipped a few hours later.Im planning on putting a few hundred rounds down range with it next weekend.I ordered a zev race connector,ultimate trigger stop,titanium plunger,zev spring kit,and titanium striker so I can mix and match until I find the perfect feel for me.Im gonna run it stock for awhile and try to get an honest review up about it
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I believe mine will arrive tomorrow. I will be able to compare it to the AA trigger.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#18]
For that kind of money I'd want 10rd ragged holes at 15Y....versus the 2" groups I get with OEM, where there's only two or three double or triple holes all bunched up.  I've gotten ragged holes from WC for $125 cheaper....but I do love fluted and black nitride.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:23:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I just picked up a Ghost EVO to go with this trigger, should have them all by the end of the week, I can't wait to test them out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I got mine installed tuesday and initial impressions were good.

The trigger feels solid and well made
The shape/feel is perfect
no mushy stock trigger feel but still heavy like factory because its a stock connector

The only problem I ran into was It was hanging pretty bad on the reset.I thought it had worked it self out with some dry fires but it started doing it fairly consistently.I swapped out everything back and forth for about 2 hours trying to narrow down the issue and finally concluded the tail end of the new trigger bar was bent causing it to hang up.I ended up bending it the opposite way a little bit and it seems to be gtg now.I'm not sure if mine got stepped on or something was set on it during shipping(just a padded first class mail envelope so its possible) or I was unlucky and got an out of spec one.

My final combination of parts was the deus trigger,zev race connector,apex plunger,zev spring kit,and the ultimate trigger stop.I have a feeling im going to need the lightened striker but wont know until I get out to the range this weekend.So far id say for $125 its a good option if you want a flat face trigger

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#22]
^If you should still have hanging up issues, the guy who makes the trigger is really great to work with thus far for me, I am sure he would make it right! I will be putting rounds down range with the trigger tonight and will report back!
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Received my trigger also I'm just waiting on my EVO connector now.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got the SI flat trigger and the Agency flat trigger in a pair of Glock 19s already, and I'm in need of another Glock trigger at the moment. I'm seriously considering this one, but do I really need yet another different flat trigger? Decisions, decisions.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Found my trigger. It was a tossup between the SI and Agency Arms.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

You must make it so and compare/contrast. Tis a service to humanity.
View Quote

I do like the looks of the DEM trigger. It's like the SI trigger and the Agency trigger had an affair and the DEM trigger is the illegitimate love child.

I'm just curious because the Agency trigger doesn't offer too much compared to a stock trigger. It does remove some pre-travel and over travel, but nothing really earth shattering other than the shape of the trigger (and I do love the shape and length of the trigger). The SI trigger is so much of a change from stock (pre-travel and over travel) that it's kind of scary, and the shape and length, while not bad, does leave a bit to be desired.

Could the DEM trigger be the "just right" balance between them? Inquiring minds want to know!
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#29]
DEM's skeletonized striker looks identical to the ones i have from zev.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Personally im going to order a 2nd one for a 17 I have.I would like to see them do a full drop in kit similar to the zev ultimate or the pyramid kit as an option , but even if they dont Ill be back for more.Honestly my purchase mainly came down to looks lol.I wanted a flat face but think the SI is ugly and I wasnt quite sold on the forward slant on the bottom of the Agency trigger.I think this is a perfect combination of all the options on the market
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Okay used the DEM trigger at the range today. In short, it is very good at what it does. but there is a however. I noticed afterwords back at the house and dry firing it that I partially bottom out the safety against the frame before the trigger breaks. I did not notice this at the range, but during dry firing I noticed I did it more than a handful of times. The culprit? I have short hands and fingers...

So, I am going to have to go back to my old go to triggers, OCC Custom Triggers "GlockMade" triggers.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Really thinking hard about the DEM trigger for my EDC glock 19, I would love to see a video of the break. For those of you that have it do you feel like it is heavy enough for EDC?
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Really thinking hard about the DEM trigger for my EDC glock 19, I would love to see a video of the break. For those of you that have it do you feel like it is heavy enough for EDC?
View Quote

Yes, I'd like to see a close up of the break and reset as well.

From what I understand, it doesn't change the pounds.  A trigger pull weight gauge would be nice compared to stock.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#36]
the DEM trigger has no impact on the weight of the trigger pull. It only makes a difference for the pre and over travel in my opinion and that is partially due to just the flat shape of the trigger. Whichever connector/springs you are running will dictate your actual trigger pull weight.

I will say this though, after discovering that Gen. 3 triggers work in Gen. 4 Glocks (AKA Agency Arms Trigger), I see no reason to ever use a Gen. 4 trigger bar in my Glock Gen 4s, as the Gen. 3 significantly feels better and I believe has a slight trigger pull weight reduction.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Stock it comes in at the same weight as the factory glock triggers and would definitely be fine for edc.Ill make a video of mine when I get home although its not just the trigger at this point.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#38]
These triggers are looking better and better to me now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

That's the spirit!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must make it so and compare/contrast. Tis a service to humanity.

I do like the looks of the DEM trigger. It's like the SI trigger and the Agency trigger had an affair and the DEM trigger is the illegitimate love child.

I'm just curious because the Agency trigger doesn't offer too much compared to a stock trigger. It does remove some pre-travel and over travel, but nothing really earth shattering other than the shape of the trigger (and I do love the shape and length of the trigger). The SI trigger is so much of a change from stock (pre-travel and over travel) that it's kind of scary, and the shape and length, while not bad, does leave a bit to be desired.

Could the DEM trigger be the "just right" balance between them? Inquiring minds want to know!

That's the spirit!

Aw, hell. It's only money!
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Regarding their barrels, does anybody know anything about them?  I'd be curious to see how the do against, say a KKM that's been TiN coated?  $275 isn't cheap for a barrel, so I'd like to know a little more about it before dropping the coin.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Got my second Gunfigther trigger in for my G17! The second trigger is just as good as the first which resides in my 19.
Heres some obligatory pics-

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for your review jtdam24. We are pleased with the response we have got on our products so far. Any questions feel free to ask.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry to see you had an issue. Always feel free to contact us if you have a problem. [email protected]. We cover all our products with a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#46]
I am only here to answer questions that you may have regarding Deus Ex Machina accessories. Always feel free to contact me at [email protected]

I have subscribed to this thread so ask away. Also, bare with me as I figure out the format on posting.

We are on FB, IG and Twitter all links are on our website www.customglockbarrels.com  There you can find videos and more photos.

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#47]
What is the twist rate on the DEM barrels?  I don't see it on the website.
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#48]
heres mine currently.Id say its pretty similar in feel to a geissele sd3g in the way it feels and breaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG-lhnW2Zd8
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Welcome, Kerry!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for your review jtdam24. We are pleased with the response we have got on our products so far. Any questions feel free to ask.

Welcome, Kerry!

Hey I'm jtdam24, not you lol

You're welcome thank you for the fantastic product line up.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 12:23:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top