Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2015 6:47:05 PM EDT
I'm interested in adding a +2 mag extension to one of my G26 mags.  Would I have to get a new magazine spring or could I continue to use the spring that came with the 10 round mag and have it be reliable?

Also is the factory mag extension the way to go or is there a better one?

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the stock but you can always get a Wolff extra power.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Several years ago I was wondering about this.   I was suprised to find out that the Glock 26 and Glock 19 shared the exact same part number magazine spring.   After several years of +2 extensions on G26 mags, I have never had a malfunction.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, could just use a G19 mag.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

The factory extensions are gtg.  I love 'em on my G26 mags.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:17:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Also, could just use a G19 mag.
View Quote

Could do this, overall length would come out about the same. I carry my 26 with a pearce pinky extension(+0rds, just a pinky rest), but my spare mag is a G19.

Similarly, if I carry my 19 I use a 17 as a spare mag. Just makes em easier to draw in a hurried situation.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:24:09 AM EDT
[#7]
As stated above, the G26 uses the same mag springs as the G19, so there's plenty of umpf in the spring that's already in it for the +2 extension. I prefer the factory extension to aftermarkets. I've never had a problem with a + G26 mag, I'm currently using 6 of them, 2 for carry and 4 for range.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Who can't use an extra g26 mag? Just get a factory +2 mag, shoot and enjoy. I always liked the factory flat mag base(pinky under, never had a problem with recoil, even on heavy loads) but the factory +2 has converted me! I don't have huge hands, but somewhat larger than average, and the pearce +0 extension just crowds my fingers too much.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who can't use an extra g26 mag? Just get a factory +2 mag, shoot and enjoy. I always liked the factory flat mag base(pinky under, never had a problem with recoil, even on heavy loads) but the factory +2 has converted me! I don't have huge hands, but somewhat larger than average, and the pearce +0 extension just crowds my fingers too much.
View Quote

I was actually going to do that back when I thought they were a true 12 round mag and not just a 10 round mag with a +2 extension.

Plus I have five 10 round mags for it which is, for me, more than enough for a subcompact.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#11]

That was an interesting point about the factory 12 round mags for the Glock 26.

The 33 round Glock mags are really 31 round mags with a + 2 mag extension on it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I just ordered 2 new magazines with the Glock +2 extension installed from MidwayUSA. They should be here in a couple of days I'll post once I get a chance to use them a bit.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just ordered 2 new magazines with the Glock +2 extension installed from MidwayUSA. They should be here in a couple of days I'll post once I get a chance to use them a bit.
View Quote

Do they look like this?

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 3:13:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I have 2 Pierce +2 plates and 4 Glock +2 Plates never had any issues with any of them in My 26 or the 5 Glock +2s i have on my 19 mags Aslo have 4 more Glock+2 plates when i pick up so more mags
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I prefer the Pearce +2 for the texture match with the grip, but you can't go wrong with the Glock.  No spring change is necessary.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#16]
I was going to buy a factory one from CDNN who had them on sale for $5 ($8 now), but they wanted $10 to ship something that weighs an ounce.  

I ended up buying the Pearce one from amazon for cheaper than CDNN wanted for the shipping alone.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I used stock.
I removed all of my +2 after one let go in the kitchen a while back.
Don't remember the brand, but it had given me good service for years.
YMMV
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I had a LE Friend that quit using mag extensions after he got into a scuffle with a suspect after a car pursuit ended in a crash.  During the scuffle the mag extension came off spilling all the rounds in the mag onto the ground.  My friend did't notice till after the suspect was cuffed and in custody.  He never used a mag extension again on his Glock 27 even though he had large hands.  I believe he used Arredondo brand +2 extensions on his 9 round Glock 27 mags.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#19]
How about a Glock 19 magazine (with sleeve)?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How about a Glock 19 magazine (with sleeve)?
View Quote

This...run a 15rd G19 mag with an X-Grip sleeve on it...the grip will then be the same size as a G19, sort of a Glock Commander of sorts...15 vs 12 too...
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I had a LE Friend that quit using mag extensions after he got into a scuffle with a suspect after a car pursuit ended in a crash.  During the scuffle the mag extension came off spilling all the rounds in the mag onto the ground.  My friend did't notice till after the suspect was cuffed and in custody.  He never used a mag extension again on his Glock 27 even though he had large hands.  I believe he used Arredondo brand +2 extensions on his 9 round Glock 27 mags.
View Quote

Arredondo is your problem.  Don't use the old factory brand + mag without the locking plate.  The current ones are gtg.  Make sure you get the locking plate with the factory extensions.  I know of several people just ordering the extension only.  Don't set yourself up to failure.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My favorite is the Pearce PG39, which holds 3 extra rounds (closer one)

http://www.pearcegrip.com/image/7/PG-39_1

For some reason the smaller extension never felt right so I would either carry the bigger one or none at all.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My favorite is the Pearce PG39, which holds 3 extra rounds (closer one)

http://www.pearcegrip.com/image/7/PG-39_1

For some reason the smaller extension never felt right so I would either carry the bigger one or none at all.

That's the one I ended up getting.  How many rounds do you load it with?

It says +3 for the 26, but I could only get 12 total in it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#23]
I agree with just use a 19 mag when you want. I myself am at a loss why someone buys a sub compact ( the whole purpose of which is to be as small and concealable as possible) then wants to go adding crap that makes it bigger. Learn how to shoot without the silly extensions. Keep your small gun small.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I agree with just use a 19 mag when you want. I myself am at a loss why someone buys a sub compact ( the whole purpose of which is to be as small and concealable as possible) then wants to go adding crap that makes it bigger. Learn how to shoot without the silly extensions. Keep your small gun small.
View Quote

I didn't buy my 26.

I would have preferred a 19, but I think a free 26 with a $9 +2 mag extension is better than a $500+ 19.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Arredondo is your problem.  Don't use the old factory brand + mag without the locking plate.  The current ones are gtg.  Make sure you get the locking plate with the factory extensions.  I know of several people just ordering the extension only.  Don't set yourself up to failure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, I have used Pearce magazine extensions and Glock magazine extensions without issue since 1999.  I currently use the flat floor plate when carrying my Glock 27 concealed and use the extensions on my extra mags.  I was just posting this so others members might be aware of a potential problem.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I didn't buy my 26.

I would have preferred a 19, but I think a free 26 with a $9 +2 mag extension is better than a $500+ 19.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't buy my 26.

Well, your price was right on the 26..
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top