Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2015 9:58:37 PM EDT
Just picked this up this afternoon at the LGS for $519 OTD. This is my 1st Glock. I really like the size and capacity, can't believe I didn't get one sooner. Looking at getting a TLR 1 for it and the Wilson Vickers Battlesights. I need mags too, might get Magpuls or just factory 17 round mags.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just picked this up this afternoon at the LGS for $519 OTD. This is my 1st Glock. I really like the size and capacity, can't believe I didn't get one sooner. Looking at getting a TLR 1 for it and the Wilson Vickers Battlesights. I need mags too, might get Magpuls or just factory 17 round mags.
<a href="http://s280.photobucket.com/user/7lf10/media/31A0EAA2-3737-4415-92F6-01E21459A34A_zpsgdbdight.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk179/7lf10/31A0EAA2-3737-4415-92F6-01E21459A34A_zpsgdbdight.jpg</a>
View Quote

Good choice! Nice.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!

My first was a g30. Love it!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#3]
When I went into the shop I wasn't sure if I would get the 17 or the 19, but I decided on the 19. I don't think you gain much with the 17.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I noticed the trigger hosuing pin is not centered in the frame, how could I center it? Just a tap with a punch?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just picked this up this afternoon at the LGS for $519 OTD. This is my 1st Glock.
View Quote

You're ruined now. I was the Glock heckler...

Shot my G19 last weekend for the 1st time past 12 yrds. Expected I may hit a 5" target once out of 5-8 shots. Ended up 3" grouping at 33yrds...

You got an awesome price too!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I noticed the trigger hosuing pin is not centered in the frame, how could I center it? Just a tap with a punch?
View Quote
Yes light tap will do it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK will do
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

OK will do
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK will do

FROM THE RIGHT-HAND SIDE OF THE FRAME (WHEN THE MUZZLE IS POINTING AT THE TARGET).  

Place your fingers at the very tip of a 3/32" machinist's drift punch, (Sears and True Value Hardware, both, sell them.) or a Glock Armorer's Tool.  This way you'll avoid having the punch slip and scratch your frame.  Glock pins come out in accord with, 'AR15 protocol'.  Remove them from the left side, and replace them from the right.  (Primarily because of the slide stop groove on the trigger pin; but, generally, it's just a good habit to follow.)  

NOTE:  At different times the Armorer's Course has taught different methods of pin installation; but, I've found the best way to install Glock frame pins is the way Glock originally used to teach it.  (Because it's a simple highly flexible polymer frame - NOT a sophisticated bolt-action receiver that might become unduly stressed after being bolted down in a #1 - #3 pattern.)  Start with the highest, #1, 'lock block pin'.  Next go to the #2, 'trigger pin'; finally install the #3, 'trigger housing unit pin'.  

SAVE YOURSELF FROM SLIDE STOP PROBLEMS, AND ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT THE #1, 'LOCK BLOCK PIN' SHOULD ALWAYS GO BACK IN FIRST - OK.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Shot my G19 last weekend for the 1st time past 12 yrds. Expected I may hit a 5" target once out of 5-8 shots. Ended up 3" grouping at 33yrds...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just picked this up this afternoon at the LGS for $519 OTD. This is my 1st Glock.

3" @ 33 yards? Good lord that is stupid impressive out of a Glock.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Wait till OP figures out he wants a Gen4 next and has to get a G19.4 to add to the collection.

I need to find me a used G19.3 and G17/34.4.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]
where at in NC are you located? I walked out the door with the gen 4 for $525
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I noticed some play between the slide and frame up by the muzzle and the gun rattles when shaken side to side. Normal?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#13]
It's a poly-frame pistol; this means that it's plastic against steel; so, yes, that very necessary clearance is there in order to allow for the frame to flex (or harmonically vibrate) while the pistol is firing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's a poly-frame pistol; this means that it's plastic against steel; so, yes, that very necessary clearance is there in order to allow for the frame to flex (or harmonically vibrate) while the pistol is firing.
View Quote

OK, this is my first Glock and compared to my buddy's 19 it seemed to have more rattle/play. Not going to worry about it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#15]
OK, if you recall, did you hold your buddy's Glock when it had a fully loaded magazine in it, or not?  (They rattle less when they're fully loaded!)
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OK, if you recall, did you hold your buddy's Glock when it had a fully loaded magazine in it, or not?  (They rattle less when they're fully loaded!)
View Quote

Both guns had no mags. On mine if I move the slide side to side near the muzzle it makes a sort of click clack noise.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice Glock, the 19, and that frame size grows on you.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Both guns had no mags. On mine if I move the slide side to side near the muzzle it makes a sort of click clack noise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing to worry about.  Just get yourself some good sights and a good light.  You'll be more than pleased.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag1/bradwd/GlocksMidsize_zps43a05f60.jpg
View Quote

Nice, Glock should make a 19L-19 with 17 slide
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice.  Needs a threaded barrel
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:57:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Good choice in Glock model.  I bought mine about eight years ago which was my first Glock and I've not regretted it.  It is my bedside gun with a Surefire X300 weapon light and two dot vertical sights.  Zev Technologies trigger kit installed just recently.  It is an awesome pistol.  Enjoy and be safe.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:33:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag1/bradwd/GlocksMidsize_zps43a05f60.jpg
View Quote

I like the way you think !!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#23]
SWEET!  Don't mod or molest it, like so many do!  Ruins them!  Get some OEM Glock 33rd mags for it!  FUN, FUN, FUN!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#24]
How many rounds do you have through it yet?

Mine hit the 1000 mark on Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How many rounds do you have through it yet?

Mine hit the 1000 mark on Saturday.
View Quote

None yet. Planning on shooting it on Saturday, maybe 200 rounds.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I noticed some play between the slide and frame up by the muzzle and the gun rattles when shaken side to side. Normal?
View Quote

If you had 3" groups at 33 yards, you better leave that gun alone, no mods whatsoever....lol. Seriously, that is very impressive.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I got to shoot it today. Shot 130 FMJ and 36 old Hydrashoks. No malfunctions or stoppages. I really like how the gun shoots, but I was shooting a little left. Nothing some dry firing can't fix.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top