Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 8:06:11 PM EDT
I was wondering what ways anybody has scalloped
the mag release area on a Glock such as the Glock 17 and what needs to be payed attention to so
that you don't burn through the frame.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
the mag release area on a Glock such as the Glock 17 and what needs to be payed attention to so
View Quote

Send it to Aro-Tek and you won't have to worry about going too far...

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:23:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/Postings%20photos/eaffa0d187c72ebca225dc682f07d0ba.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/Postings%20photos/eaffa0d187c72ebca225dc682f07d0ba.jpg

I don't believe that's what he's talking about...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I think he is talking about this.
Not my pic.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Boresightsolutions ^
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Holy Cow that's a nice job...is that Boresight?? I wonder how he does that....almost looks like he heated and reshaped the area instead of grinding that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#7]

This is my 17 I just finished, I have to clean it up a bit but basically use a large Dremel sanding drum start with 120 for basic shape, then go to 240, then 320, 400, 600 and 800 then polish.it takes time and can be frustrating at times but practice and remember GO SLOOOOWWWWW. The important thing is to keep the dremel at an angle towards the front of the gun so you get a tapered scallop instead of just a hole.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top