Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't reconcile how easily I can get the drop safety to fail with the "We've tested it, don't worry" claims of the manufacturers.
View Quote

If you knew SI, you'd be able to reconcile it.  The owner is notoriously untrustworthy (in his defense, he did admit he was on his way to commit a mass shooting when he claims God intervened, and I think he also plead guilty to the fraud charges that led to his dismissal from the police force).  But a bad person can own a company that makes some good products--if these triggers had more of an agency shape and some pre-travel removed without affecting safety, I'd likely try one.  

NOTE:  I see it's sold out, but did they EVER offer a G43 version?  I don't think Glock has made those trigger-bars available yet.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My Glocks are all Gen 3.

Patrol version sounds like a good option if concerned about the lack of takeup (and all that comes with it) on the Tactical or V1 triggers.

Quoted:
I thought I'd try this as well and couldn't get it to drop the trigger..
Will try later with a primed round maybe and see if I can get it to pop??

I also am getting SI to replace my current trigger with their duty one...
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
ok with my SI and pyramid trigger if i hit it just right I can get the trigger to disengage and make it so the slide comes off by pulling the levers down.

doing more tests later
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:58:42 AM EDT
[#4]
update. I took a rubber hammer and hit the back plate and 2 out of 3 i can get to fail.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:22:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
update. I took a rubber hammer and hit the back plate and 2 out of 3 i can get to fail.

View Quote

Really makes you wonder about SI claiming to have tested their triggers doesn't it?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Shit. Now I am going to have to test my DEM trigger. It's on a standard trigger bar and has some pretravel still, so hopefully all will be right with the world.
View Quote

how many trigger bars are there?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:28:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#9]
So are you guys smacking the back of your Glocks with a rubber mallet to test the trigger?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#10]
no i am hitting the back to test to see if the drop safety works, and also dropped it to the floor and it failed.

posted on warrior talk about the issue and getting, called out since it was my first post. since i questioned the drop safety.I guess they dont want others to know.

here are my 3

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
no i am hitting the back to test to see if the drop safety works, and also dropped it to the floor and it failed.

posted on warrior talk about the issue and getting, called out since it was my first post. since i questioned the drop safety.I guess they dont want others to know.

here are my 3

http://i.imgur.com/winALsd.jpg

View Quote

Sounds like bullshit over at warrior talk.... All they need to do is try it themselves to see that what you're saying is true.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I put my SI trigger in the mail today to go back thinking
Refund now LOL... Went back to the stock trigger..
I installed my other deus ex trigger into my G4 G34 range gun,...
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#13]
i was able to make it fail with a training round and it went off.   had it been a true live round and went off when dropped. would be a bad day
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you for the legit test! I feel validated. Can you do it again... with video and sound?

I see Gabe has posted a video on Facebook where he presses the trigger to the rear without depressing the trigger safety, and then slaps the side of the gun a few times. The video is very revealing... in that it totally avoids anything resembling a relevant test. If he doesn't understand how the safeties work, or if he does... what are we supposed to make of that video?

He is also casting doubt on the condition of the guns of people making it fail (although my tests were on a stock G19 with less than 300 rounds through it). He's complaining on WT that people are posting about this safety problem on the web instead of contacting him directly.

I did contact him directly when I first found this, and he took the trigger back and refunded my money, no complaint there. Hopefully he will do the same for others who are "not the sort worthy of having this kind of trigger." That would be great if every return had that as the reason: "I'm not skilled enough to have this kind of trigger."

Quoted:
i was able to make it fail with a training round and it went off.   had it been a true live round and went off when dropped. would be a bad day
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like WT took down pc-ops post.

So when someone contacted him directly they delete his post.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#16]
i posted and went out to do a live fire fail and came back it was gone. my 3 triggers are on the way back. if they fix them thats cool

but even the pyramid trigger failed the drop test.

if there is no pretravel its like a coilled snake looking for any movement. i cant believe AA's doesnt fail.

as soon as i got rid of the pretravel in my pyramid i could not get th drop to fail.

i truly do love the no prtravel feel but had i known it would fail the drop test id have passed.on them.

i looked at both trigger systems and noticed that with the way the trigger is mad it pulls the trigger bar further forward thus allowing bumps to dislodge it.

to get no pretravel at the wall to work they have to make their own trigger bar you cant use the glock one and make it work. it needs to be 1/8" longer to work. that way when it drops and moves the trigger bar still keeps in contact with the firing pin and not let is release

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:54:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Gabe Jong Un censors his forum with an iron fist, no matter how valid or important the info.  Warrior Talk is run like North Korea or ISIS (and, like those two, it's populated only by dedicated "followers"--all others are purged).

You have to see his "test" at Red Dot Glocks on Facebook to believe it.  Since it's risky to come on arfcom (having been banned here and other places for fake accounts and unethical behavior), he attacks the character of anyone who points out the trigger can fail, implying they aren't gentlemen and have slutty girlfriends or wives, and that "the failed man likes to point to other failed men" (I can't tell if that's a confession about himself or the trigger).  THEN there's this gem:  "The Tactical Trigger worries some people because it is in fact too good. Combine it with an extra-power trigger spring, 3.5# connector, and lighter striker spring and it would be a mistake for an unskilled person to use that..."   All of you who tested your triggers and they failed are UNSKILLED.

Perhaps he could prove the trigger "is too good" by loading the gun, pointing it at his head, and having someone use a mallet to simulate the drop.

*** If you return yours, PLEASE list "trigger too good" as the problem with it. ***

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:26:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Im surprised no one has made an aftermarket trigger bar.  

Question for everyone here, are you all using the trigger bars that came with your pistols with the testing of the triggers?  Would there be a fifference?
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Im surprised no one has made an aftermarket trigger bar.  

Question for everyone here, are you all using the trigger bars that came with your pistols with the testing of the triggers?  Would there be a fifference?
View Quote

I could be wrong but I don't think anyone makes their own trigger bar. They all appear to be from Glock.  These designs should be ok as long as the FP safety is not pressed by the trigger bar. Some designs push on it more than others. Even if the FP releases the FP safety should block the FP  as long as it is not pushed up.

As noted one way to fix this is to redesign the trigger bar but no flat trigger version to my knowledge has done tthis,
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm wondering what these triggers would feel like with
The NY1 spring in there? And if that would help with the
Drop safety failing? Anyone have input on that set up? ...
Or if that NY 1 would make any difference at all?
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm suspect a NY1 would solve the problem. The normal trigger spring wants to pull the trigger bar down and back, while the NY wants to keep it forward and up. The drop would have to overcome that much more force and it's less likely that the firing pin safety would be disabled as well.

But who wants to run a NY1 if they're buying a flat, straight trigger?

Quoted:
I'm wondering what these triggers would feel like with
The NY1 spring in there? And if that would help with the
Drop safety failing? Anyone have input on that set up? ...
Or if that NY 1 would make any difference at all?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#22]
anyone try the drop test on a agency arms trigger and get it to fail?
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

But who wants to run a NY1 if they're buying a flat, straight trigger?

View Quote

Not me, I tried the SI  with a NY1 trigger and it's too heavy. I rather go back to stock:
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Shit. Now I am going to have to test my DEM trigger. It's on a standard trigger bar and has some pretravel still, so hopefully all will be right with the world.
View Quote

Hank, were you able to get your DEM trigger to fail?
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#27]
So I just pulled bullet out of a live round loaded the primed case into my G4 34, and dropped it several times, with nothing then tossed it one last time wife was
Getting mad LOL and BANG primer went off, this was a DEM trigger, man I'm sure glad I tried this and went back to the stock set up...
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So I just pulled bullet out of a live round loaded the primed case into my G4 34, and dropped it several times, with nothing then tossed it one last time wife was
Getting mad LOL and BANG primer went off, this was a DEM trigger, man I'm sure glad I tried this and went back to the stock set up...
View Quote

Not encouraging.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Saw Freddie Blish post this on FB:

"We have been quietly working on these after finding the majority of the after market Glock triggers defeat the two internal safeties."

I'm not interested due to the shape (looks short, and no finger indexing point like the AA has) but at least the safety issue is becoming more commonly known.

Robar Glock Trigger
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you take a video or we supposed to just take a strangers word for it on the interwebs?  

Are any of these claims of triggers failing on youtube?  I have an IDP trigger and have not been able to make it fail, tried it on several guns.  I may not be doing it right either, i dont want to throw my guns across the room or take a hammer to it, rubber or not, just to say HA, I KNEW IT!!

Im sorry if anyone gets offended but im a little skeptical of some of these claims.  I guess I'd have to see it for myself.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Did you take a video or we supposed to just take a strangers word for it on the interwebs?  

Are any of these claims of triggers failing on youtube?  I have an IDP trigger and have not been able to make it fail, tried it on several guns.  I may not be doing it right either, i dont want to throw my guns across the room or take a hammer to it, rubber or not, just to say HA, I KNEW IT!!

Im sorry if anyone gets offended but im a little skeptical of some of these claims.  I guess I'd have to see it for myself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope no video, but if ya have one give it a try? tossing it on a carpeted surface won't hurt it, I was also in the same boat as to believe it or not, so I tried it out,
First with nothing in the chamber and I couldn't get it to do anything, then pulled the round apart and tried that, granted it took a bit of throwing it around  to make it go off, but never the less it did go bang and proved to me that indeed it's no a fluke... I know it's hard to take someone's word for it on these inter webs but, when ya have so many people having the same issues...
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#34]
its your choice if you want to believe it or not. i know i could get every trigger to fail that takes pretravel away. and do not believe that any glock trigger if it takes the pretravel away is drop safe.

at least until a new trigger bar is custom made that has more material in the rear.

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#36]
The drop tests are very interesting. For fun I tried it in my Gen 4 Glock 26 and  Gen 3 Glock 19 both with SI Patrol triggers. Guess what, BOTH failed after dropping about 4-5 times. The SI trigger still allows the trigger bar to move to far backward and sometimes the FP will drop.  Both my SI triggers allow about 20 degrees of rotation before stopping the rear movement of the trigger bar. My stock trigger rotates only a fraction of  the amount of the SI triggers before stopping.

I also placed a piece of tape over a snap cap and the FP does make an indentation so it is hitting the snap cap. The indentation is shallower than normal so I am not sure if the FP hits hard enough to set off a primer but I am taking no chances.

In any case my time with the current flat triggers are over. I have spent enough money and learned these are not safe in my guns.I am returning to a stock smooth Glock trigger.

These triggers in my glocks are NOT SAFE. For the  range they may be ok but for CCW I am going back to stock.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:45:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
As intimated earlier, I have the DEM trigger with a OEM (not coated) trigger bar in my G19. So I didn't actually drop the Glock or use a mallet on it, but I racked, smacked, and dry fired it about 50 times with positive results, ie, no dead trigger or failed trigger. Some of those smacks were on a countertop, dresser, books, my palm, etc, and from different angles. Most were to the butt of the grip, some to the side of the frame or slide, some to the top of the slide, some upside down, etc. Positive striker clicking after every smack.
View Quote

I tried this today on my DEM trigger and got a dead trigger, just a click but didn't feel the striker.  Could that mean that my gun wouldn't pass the drop test? Now I'm thinking of pulling a bullet and testing it with just the primed brass
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Yes, that's what it feels like when the drop safety has failed.

The only question remaining is whether the firing pin safety is fully, partially, or not compromised. I think the primed case is probably the only way to tell for sure due to the timing issues of when the drop safety is compromised and the striker released.

Quoted:

I tried this today on my DEM trigger and got a dead trigger, just a click but didn't feel the striker.  Could that mean that my gun wouldn't pass the drop test? Now I'm thinking of pulling a bullet and testing it with just the primed brass
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As intimated earlier, I have the DEM trigger with a OEM (not coated) trigger bar in my G19. So I didn't actually drop the Glock or use a mallet on it, but I racked, smacked, and dry fired it about 50 times with positive results, ie, no dead trigger or failed trigger. Some of those smacks were on a countertop, dresser, books, my palm, etc, and from different angles. Most were to the butt of the grip, some to the side of the frame or slide, some to the top of the slide, some upside down, etc. Positive striker clicking after every smack.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#40]
I haven't tried it with my Agency trigger yet but, with the way the cruciform sits on the ledge (and the amount of pre-travel it has), I'd be really surprised if the AA trigger had the same issues as the SI and, apparently, DEM triggers.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I haven't tried it with my Agency trigger yet but, with the way the cruciform sits on the ledge (and the amount of pre-travel it has), I'd be really surprised if the AA trigger had the same issues as the SI and, apparently, DEM triggers.
View Quote

The pretravel helps to some extent in preventing an ND. I think to be safe you need both some pretravel and you need a trigger safety that blocks rearward movement . The SI  has too much rearward movement before the trigger safety engages. The patrol trigger needs to be redesigned to with a longer trigger safety. I think SI uses the same trigger safety in both tactical and patrol models. This allows a lot of movement in the Patrol model.

I also use a ghost edge connector and this could be contributing to the problem. I am going to further test with a stock connector.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Ok I tried the new SI gen 3 patrol trigger in my gen 4 G26 with a standard  Glock 5.5 connector and it fails the drop test 3 out of 4 tries. It's actually worse compared to the ghost edge connector. I will notify SI and see what they say.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit, I just pulled a bullet and performed a drop test. Sure enough the primer went off on the 3rd drop, scared the shit out of me.
ETA: I just emailed https://www.customglockbarrels.com about the DEM trigger waiting on a response.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Add APEX to the list of flatish triggers.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

for 100 bucks??? damn!
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

for 100 bucks??? damn!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

for 100 bucks??? damn!

That's on par with everyone else
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

for 100 bucks??? damn!

Thought the Agency was 150ish and the SI were like 125?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

for 100 bucks??? damn!

Agency - $150

DEM - $125

GlockKraft - $125 (also sold in kit form by Robar)

Suarez - $100

IDP - $85 (just the trigger, no bar included)

So for $100 for the Apex, I'm down to try it!
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top