Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone know what's happening with the new Agency Arms triggers? Apparently a defective batch went out.

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone know what's happening with the new Agency Arms triggers? Apparently a defective batch went out.

https://i.imgur.com/DRAH8Ph.gif
View Quote

What type of defect? I got one yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 12:24:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There wasn't a lot of information given by the OP where I found this but it looks like the trigger isn't releasing the striker on the initial pull. Another guy posted saying that every time he pressed in the trigger safety, he would hear a loud click and AA still hasn't sent him a return label after 10+ days.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There wasn't a lot of information given by the OP where I found this but it looks like the trigger isn't releasing the striker on the initial pull. Another guy posted saying that every time he pressed in the trigger safety, he would hear a loud click and AA still hasn't sent him a return label after 10+ days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From doing some searching last night, it seems the click in the trigger safety is caused by extra flashing where the molds for the frame meet.  That seems to be more prevalent on the Gen 4's. Easily sanded or cut with a knife.

I can see it not releasing the striker if something is off a tiny bit. Mine doesn't release until the absolute last moment before it reaches the rear of the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Found a bad combination: Suarez Gen 3 V3 slide with Overwatch tactical trigger. Basically made my G19 a machine gun temporarily. Gun would fire with virtually no over travel and then fire again right when the trigger was released to the reset point, which was very travel.

Switched back to a factory Glock trigger and problem went away (I think, based on testing the reset distance dry fire.)

I have the same trigger with Glock factory slides and no issue, so I think the Suarez slide may relocate the firing pin safety location slightly. Or tolerance stacking.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#8]
When you guys bought your AA triggers what did they come with?
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well it happened again. A buddy got his Agency trigger yesterday. Ordered his the day after I ordered mine. His is acting just like the video.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just the trigger/trigger bar and a factory Glock 3.5 # connector.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK thanks. I am going to sell mine and could not remember what it came with.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:28:51 PM EDT
[#13]
if you don't put it together right it does that on any trigger.

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Can you elaborate? How can it be put together incorrectly with that result? I've been a Glock guy for decades but I'm open to the possibility I found a new way to screw up.

Quoted:
if you don't put it together right it does that on any trigger.

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been following this thread with interest. I hear a lot of positive comments on aftermarket triggers,  but want to know....

Do you feel they make a substantial difference in your shooting? If you shot a 10 yard group with a factory trigger,  then another group with an aftermarket, would there be a noticeable difference?

I've got a fairly new g34.3 that i am struggling to shoot well.  In fact,  i shoot better with my 19. I've never been one to choose gimmicks over fundamentals,  but I'm at a loss.

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've been following this thread with interest. I hear a lot of positive comments on aftermarket triggers,  but want to know....

Do you feel they make a substantial difference in your shooting? If you shot a 10 yard group with a factory trigger,  then another group with an aftermarket, would there be a noticeable difference?

I've got a fairly new g34.3 that i am struggling to shoot well.  In fact,  i shoot better with my 19. I've never been one to choose gimmicks over fundamentals,  but I'm at a loss.

View Quote

Are you taking both of them to the range at the same time?

Since they sit in my hand a little different, in the past I've seen that its possible to pull the first few shots if you are constantly grabbing different guns.

Take the 34 to the range and spend a day with it.  I bet you love it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been using the 34 pretty exclusively, with the intent of adjusting to it.  Sights are virtually identical (ameriglo, tritium front,  blacked out rear) on both.  Although the 34 factory trigger is a bit lighter,  it doesn't have as clean of a break as the 19. This has me thinking of a Overwatch trigger.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I kinda want either a Shield or a 43. Shield would get an Apex, 43 would get an Overwatch. Can't decide. So tough.
View Quote
Had a Shield with OEM trigger and now have a G43 with Overwatch trigger and a Ghost connector. Much happier with the G43.

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've been using the 34 pretty exclusively, with the intent of adjusting to it.  Sights are virtually identical (ameriglo, tritium front,  blacked out rear) on both.  Although the 34 factory trigger is a bit lighter,  it doesn't have as clean of a break as the 19. This has me thinking of a Overwatch trigger.
View Quote

Your 34 probably came with the minus connector.  Toss in a factory one and give that a go.  You may prefer the crisper break and shoot it better!  Nothing wrong with that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Ok, without having to re-read numerous pages...

Glockcraft (Overwatch Precision) DAT vs TAC trigger:

DAT is "smaller" / shorter
TAC is "longer"

Is that correct?  Is that the only difference between the 2?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ok, without having to re-read numerous pages...

Glockcraft (Overwatch Precision) DAT vs TAC trigger:

DAT is "smaller" / shorter
TAC is "longer"

Is that correct?  Is that the only difference between the 2?
View Quote

For the most part yes, the TAC, has a slight hook at the bottom face of the trigger (making it slightly longer I think), where as, the DAT is flat all the way down.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#22]
How many are using these in a 34? I have a GlockKraft in my 19 and I'm considering grabbing one for the 34 I just ordered.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How many are using these in a 34? I have a GlockKraft in my 19 and I'm considering grabbing one for the 34 I just ordered.
View Quote

Not sure, but I am just about to order 1 for my G34 I just bought this week.  The G34 is going to be my project gun.  If I like the trigger I'll order 1 for my G19 too.

I'm learning towards the TAC trigger right now, but still considering the DAT trigger.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#24]
I've got an Overwatch tactical trigger in my gen 4 G34. Also a Zev 2.0 race connector and a 6lb trigger reset spring. The pull weight is just a hair under 4 pounds. I'll say that it is much nicer than the factory gen 4 it came with, but I'm not the guy who can express thoughts on over travel, creep, the wall or the break. Overall I'm happy with it, but it didn't blow me away with it's awesomeness.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Has anyone used the Ghost Evo Elite with Overwatch Precision triggers?
I've read the break is sooner with this connector and am wondering if there's any negative effect when coupled with a trigger with reduced pretravel.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, I just ordered a Overwatch Precision TAC trigger for my Gen 3 G34.   Can't wait to get it and try it out!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well, I just ordered a Overwatch Precision TAC trigger for my Gen 3 G34.   Can't wait to get it and try it out!
View Quote

I think you will like it, I've got two one on a G34 & on one of my G19 I'm very happy with them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Which trigger would you fellas turn to for a dedicated range/instructor pistol?  The Glock I would be putting the trigger in is in no way a EDC piece.  Strictly range duty.

I'm new to the flat trigger game, so I have no experience.  I am however, intrigued and eager to try one.  After reading all 56 pages, my mind is numb and leaving me with a lot of uncertainty.  I like the idea of eliminating the take up, but I don't want to compromise safety.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I think you will like it, I've got two one on a G34 & on one of my G19 I'm very happy with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, this is going on my G34 which is my "project" gun.  I did just install a *dot* connector on my G34 and it helped the OEM trigger.  I expect good things with the new trigger.

If I like it, I'll probably order one for my G19.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Which trigger would you fellas turn to for a dedicated range/instructor pistol?  The Glock I would be putting the trigger in is in no way a EDC piece.  Strictly range duty.

I'm new to the flat trigger game, so I have no experience.  I am however, intrigued and eager to try one.  After reading all 56 pages, my mind is numb and leaving me with a lot of uncertainty.  I like the idea of eliminating the take up, but I don't want to compromise safety.
View Quote

I'd go Overwatch Precision and then Agency Arms (in that order for me).
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks fellas.  I'm going to give the Overwatch a shot.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone have any issues with their Agency triggers?  Also, has DEM got their trigger issues sorted out?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone have any issues with their Agency triggers?  Also, has DEM got their trigger issues sorted out?
View Quote

There have been some reports lately about some Agency triggers having problems.  From what I have read, it sounded like there was a bad batch that went out. If you read here a few pages back, there is a little more on some a few problems with Agency triggers.  I THINK it got worked out, but I'm not 100% sure.

Can't help you on the DEM triggers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Been a bunch of reports of Agency triggers not working in Gen 4's.

I picked up a Zev spring kit with connector today for shits and giggles. Connector would not work with my Agency, so I just used the firing pin block spring and trigger spring. Didn't like the way the striker spring made the trigger feel.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:23:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Dude it's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal hard for me not to order one of those for a G43 I don't have and haven't even really pondered buying yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dude it's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal hard for me not to order one of those for a G43 I don't have and haven't even really pondered buying yet.

how.could.you.be.so.basic
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Well, I got my Overwatch TAC trigger in the mail yesterday.  It went in my G34 gen3.  Earlier I swapped out the connector to the *dot* connector.  Last night, I installed the Overwatch TAC trigger along with the +power spring it shipped with.

Playing around with it dry firing, I REALLY like this trigger combo on my G34!  Trigger feels great! Now I need to get out to the range and shoot it!
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#40]
I recently put in an Agency in my 19 gen 3 and an Overwatch in my 40MOS. I prefer the feel of the Agency.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Finally got out to the range today and got to shoot my G34 with the new Overwatch Tac Trigger.  

LOVE IT!  I was just planning on getting on my for my G34 as it is my "project" gun, but now I'm seriously considering getting one for my G19 too.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:10:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Do people still like the Tyr triggers? Looking to do a G19.4 and a G43 with matching trigger shoes.

Looks like Overwatch Precision may be the best choice?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:01:34 AM EDT
[#43]
So on a G17.4 with an Overwatch Tac, what is the consensus on a connector and springs to use with it without sacrificing reliability?  The gun would mainly be used at the range and for home defense with the occasional carry.  Thanks!

Edit: or would you even need springs?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#44]
FYI, not sure if it is mentioned before, but Overwatch has a new trigger called the Falx. Their version of a curved trigger, although it is a very lightly curved trigger.

http://overwatchprecision.com/falx-trigger/
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Just went through the 56 pages after installing two kineti-tech triggers this week for friends. In my opinion they felt like a noticable improvement over the factory trigger. The take-up felt about the same but the break felt more crisp and the reset felt shorter. It looks like they offer different profiles and they are priced lower than the triggers mentioned in this thread. Anyone able to compare them to the Agency or Glock Kraft offerings?
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Video from Robar about the Overwatch (Glockcraft) triggers and interacting with the Glock safeties.

Video
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#49]
I made the Overwatch Precision plunge. I meant to get the one with the hook and accidentally got the totally straight one instead (DAT I think). I'm used to an SD3G so no worries.

I've read the entire thread, but I can't recall maybe 10-15 pages ago what springs and connectors people prefer. This is going into a G34.4 range/comp setup. I'm thinking about ordering a Zev comp kit and just playing around unless someone can save me the trouble.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#50]
where is this sale posted?
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top