Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the chance to shoot the DEM trigger today in a Gen 4 model 17.

In addition to the DEM trigger, the pistol had a Wolff reduced power firing pin safety spring, Wolff reduced power 4# firing pin spring, polished safety plunger, polished oem "-" 3.5# connector, oem trigger spring

I was able to put about 50 rounds down range and i must say the trigger is pretty good. With the combination of parts stated above, there is no, as in NONE, pre travel - you are right at the wall.

I remember DEM saying that the trigger bar itself needs some breaking in. Because boy does it need to break in. That reset was gritty, not like sand gritty, more like gravel... it was pretty bad to be honest. Sometimes the trigger itself woudn't fully reset - I would have to push the trigger out. During the course of the range session, the reset did start to smooth out. I am thinking that after a few hundred dry fire/live fires it will work itself out.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet a 5# or better 5.5# striker spring would help strengthen and smooth the reset.  Sounds way too weak.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#3]

tbh In this case I think its actually the connector.Mine would do the same thing until I replaced it with a factory one and its been 100% since.I definitely enjoy the feel of it with the factory connector as well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

tbh In this case I think its actually the connector.Mine would do the same thing until I replaced it with a factory one and its been 100% since.I definitely enjoy the feel of it with the factory connector as well.
View Quote

Another option is to change the trigger housing as sometimes the connectors get loose if you keep swapping them out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:31:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Boy am I cursed. Today I happened to be dry firing with the Agency Arms trigger and discovered that if I turn the gun horizontal when I cycle it, the striker does not get caught by the trigger bar and I basically have a half-dead trigger! Occasionally I also got a dead trigger even with the gun upright. Everything else on the gun is factory (except for the minus connector that came with the AA trigger.)

I tried another slide, with the same results. Also tried another ejector housing and a different minus connector, same result. I took some video to document the problem and will be forwarding it to AA on Monday.

I'm guessing to fancy up the trigger pull they bent the cruciform plate down.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Boy am I cursed. Today I happened to be dry firing with the Agency Arms trigger and discovered that if I turn the gun horizontal when I cycle it, the striker does not get caught by the trigger bar and I basically have a half-dead trigger! Occasionally I also got a dead trigger even with the gun upright. Everything else on the gun is factory (except for the minus connector that came with the AA trigger.)

I tried another slide, with the same results. Also tried another ejector housing and a different minus connector, same result. I took some video to document the problem and will be forwarding it to AA on Monday.

http://youtu.be/bDAfX4vASp0
View Quote

That doesn't sound good.  I assume you verified the issue is only with the AA trigger but reinstalling the original trigger, is that correct?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Yea reinstalled the factory trigger and all is good.
Quoted:

That doesn't sound good.  I assume you verified the issue is only with the AA trigger but reinstalling the original trigger, is that correct?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That doesn't sound good. I assume you verified the issue is only with the AA trigger but reinstalling the original trigger, is that correct?

Is it a Gen 4 Glock or a Gen 3?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#9]
NOTE:  I just went and tried racking my 19.4 with AA trigger from various angles, upside down, and pulling at different speeds and strengths:  no failures in 50-100 tries (also no failures in the 600-800rds through it so far).  
Are you sure the trigger is installed correctly?  Does it ever happen when the gun is upright?  I'd have to imagine it's the way the connector and trigger bar are interacting, with the bar slipping past the connector or something.

Also, here's my PULL (and a reset) with the Agency Trigger and a PRO 3.3# connector that has a TINY bit too much of the tab removed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJU80BkY1EE&app=desktop
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
NOTE:  I just went and tried racking my 19.4 with AA trigger from various angles, upside down, and pulling at different speeds and strengths:  no failures in 50-100 tries (also no failures in the 600-800rds through it so far).  
Are you sure the trigger is installed correctly?  Does it ever happen when the gun is upright?  I'd have to imagine it's the way the connector and trigger bar are interacting, with the bar slipping past the connector or something.

Also, here's my PULL (and a reset) with the Agency Trigger and a PRO 3.3# connector that has a TINY bit too much of the tab removed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJU80BkY1EE&app=desktop
View Quote

I have heard of this happening in some glocks due to loose tolerance of parts. You need to get a trigger bar that is sl. bent up. ZEV does have these but not sure about the AA triggers. Sounds dangerous to me as striker could slip off the trigger bar and fire the gun. In this case you should really make sure the firing pin safety is working properly if you stay with the  AA trigger.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Gen 3

Quoted:

Is it a Gen 4 Glock or a Gen 3?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Have you confirmed everything is definitely together (springs going the right way) and put a FULL back-plate on it, and tried it?  
(I know you wouldn't think a full-back plate should matter, but I once saw a lawn-mower that wouldn't start unless you UNPLUGGED the spark-plug, so I'll try/believe most anything.)
Perhaps see if there's too much of a bend in your connector--it's supposed to only be enough for a piece of paper to slip through.  

I'd ask for help on Glocktalk or email the photo to the guy at GHOST (he's really good at problem-solving glocks).  
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#13]
It did happen a few times while dry firing with the gun upright, but seemed more easily reproducible with the gun at an angle.

I've changed out a lot of Glock triggers, springs, connectors, etc over the years and I'm confident the trigger is installed correctly.

Today's project was to put the AA trigger into a recent vintage G19 which has been shot very little. I could still replicate the problem the same way. I noticed that the minus connector that accompanied the trigger had excessive outward bend, so I tried another minus I already had. That seemed to help some, but I still experienced dead trigger.

I give up! This was going to be a carry trigger and there are now too many questions in my mind.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm sure they'll have a replacement sent out to you to try.
My AA cruciform isn't bent down at all--it's flat and maybe even flares up a tiny bit at the rear (hard to see in this light).
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:42:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Op, where did you read about the longer si trigger?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thats similar to what I was experiencing. The owner of the pistol contacted DEM and they said that the crucifix isnt high enough to catch the striker. Needless to say hes sending it back for DEM to fix. Must say DEM's customer service is spot on!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Op, where did you read about the longer si trigger?
View Quote

On the WarriorTalk forum.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#20]

I've heard all the talk about extra power trigger springs causing reset issues in Gen 4 Glocks, but, in 4 Gen 4 Glocks (all with aftermarket springs) of my own, I've never had issues myself. Well, I experienced it for the first time with my 5th Gen 4 Glock!

I run 3.5# connectors and Ghost spring kits in pretty much every Glock I own. I've got *cough* several Glocks, most with Ghost connectors, OEM "-" connectors, Zev connectors and, lately I've become enamored with the Suarez 3.5# connector (almost an exact copy of the OEM "-" connector, only polished, and for $15).

I've been setting up a new Gen 4 G19 lately. I'll be putting in one of the new/improved Suarez triggers when they come out in a few weeks, but I wanted a better trigger in it in the meantime. I've been running the DEM trigger in a Gen 4 G17 for a while now with good results, so I decided to put it in the G19 for a bit.

The setup in the Gen 4 G17 was working great with a Ghost 3.5# Edge connector, Ghost spring kit (light firing pin safety spring, heavier firing pin spring and heavier trigger spring). I also have an Apex firing pin safety in that gun, FWIW.

In the G19 I've got a Suarez spring kit (light firing pin safety spring, 5# firing pin spring and heavier trigger spring) and a Suarez 3.5# connector. I have a Suarez polished firing pin safety as well (I was placing a big order at SI, so I added a bunch of misc stuff to save shipping costs ). I swapped in the DEM trigger and trigger bar and lo-and-behold, I started having reset issues! I was having to push the trigger back out to reset with my finger after pulling it and racking the slide (dry firing).

I swapped out the connector for two different ones (another SI and a Ghost), same thing. I put the factory trigger and bar back in, same thing. I swapped out the SI trigger spring for the Ghost trigger spring. It was better, but still had reset issues about half the time. Finally, I swapped the factory trigger spring back in and, viola! I was back in business!

So... For those of you nay-sayers (I used to be one), I can honestly say that it does indeed happen. At least in THIS particular Gen 4 G19, running a heavier trigger spring DOES introduce reset issues.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've heard all the talk about extra power trigger springs causing reset issues in Gen 4 Glocks, but, in 4 Gen 4 Glocks (all with aftermarket springs) of my own, I've never had issues myself. Well, I experienced it for the first time with my 5th Gen 4 Glock!

I run 3.5# connectors and Ghost spring kits in pretty much every Glock I own. I've got *cough* several Glocks, most with Ghost connectors, OEM "-" connectors, Zev connectors and, lately I've become enamored with the Suarez 3.5# connector (almost an exact copy of the OEM "-" connector, only polished, and for $15).

I've been setting up a new Gen 4 G19 lately. I'll be putting in one of the new/improved Suarez triggers when they come out in a few weeks, but I wanted a better trigger in it in the meantime. I've been running the DEM trigger in a Gen 4 G17 for a while now with good results, so I decided to put it in the G19 for a bit.

The setup in the Gen 4 G17 was working great with a Ghost 3.5# Edge connector, Ghost spring kit (light firing pin safety spring, heavier firing pin spring and heavier trigger spring). I also have an Apex firing pin safety in that gun, FWIW.

In the G19 I've got a Suarez spring kit (light firing pin safety spring, 5# firing pin spring and heavier trigger spring) and a Suarez 3.5# connector. I have a Suarez polished firing pin safety as well (I was placing a big order at SI, so I added a bunch of misc stuff to save shipping costs ). I swapped in the DEM trigger and trigger bar and lo-and-behold, I started having reset issues! I was having to push the trigger back out to reset with my finger after pulling it and racking the slide (dry firing).

I swapped out the connector for two different ones (another SI and a Ghost), same thing. I put the factory trigger and bar back in, same thing. I swapped out the SI trigger spring for the Ghost trigger spring. It was better, but still had reset issues about half the time. Finally, I swapped the factory trigger spring back in and, viola! I was back in business!

So... For those of you nay-sayers (I used to be one), I can honestly say that it does indeed happen. At least in THIS particular Gen 4 G19, running a heavier trigger spring DOES introduce reset issues.

View Quote

pretty much the same setup im running in my 19-DEM trigger,apex plunger,zev spring kit,glock store ultimate trigger stop

I was running into the same issue and was constantly swapping parts back and forth trying to figure it out.I did the same thing and went back to a factory trigger spring and its been fine since.I did notice mine wouldn't do it if I had the factory connector in instead of the zev ,but was fine with the factory trigger spring and the zev connector.I ended up liking the factory spring and zev connector combo better anyway.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

BlahBlah,

It appears that the new SI Patrol trigger has been released.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/suarez-trigger-systems.aspx#.VecOL_lViko
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

BlahBlah,

View Quote

They've been listed on the site for orders for a week now, but (last I heard) they wouldn't be in-stock and shipping until the middle of this month.

That's fine with me. I'm still trying to decide which one I want (Patrol or Tactical).
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Get the Patrol and then report on it...it will help me make up my mind as well.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't mind if my current SI trigger had a bit of pre-travel (it has NONE now), so I lean towards the "Patrol" version. Then again, I don't want ALL of the OEM pre-travel back either, so I go back to the "Tactical" version. Decisions, decisions.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Am I going to be the unfortunate soul that has to buy the SSVI trigger?
View Quote

I can't buy them all!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I wouldn't mind if my current SI trigger had a bit of pre-travel (it has NONE now), so I lean towards the "Patrol" version. Then again, I don't want ALL of the OEM pre-travel back either, so I go back to the "Tactical" version. Decisions, decisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the description, the patrol has OEM takeup.  I can't figure out what the difference is between the SI Patrol "complete" and just the trigger and bar...?  Are they just extra factory parts?

And yes you can buy them all, you've been doing a great job thus far!  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

From the description, the patrol has OEM takeup. I can't figure out what the difference is between the SI Patrol "complete" and just the trigger and bar...? Are they just extra factory parts?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From the description, the patrol has OEM takeup. I can't figure out what the difference is between the SI Patrol "complete" and just the trigger and bar...? Are they just extra factory parts?

The complete kits come with the trigger, trigger bar, trigger housing, ejector, trigger spring and connector... The full deal.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They've been listed on the site for orders for a week now, but (last I heard) they wouldn't be in-stock and shipping until the middle of this month.

That's fine with me. I'm still trying to decide which one I want (Patrol or Tactical).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BlahBlah,

Are these the upgraded longer ones?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#31]
im grabbing one  of the ssvi triggers for my 17
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BlahBlah,

The ones pictured on the OST website are the older, shorter ones. There haven't been any photos of the new triggers posted anywhere that I know of. The word is that all of the original short ones are sold out and all new ones from here out will be the updated ones. They are available for order now, but last I heard they wouldn't ship until the middle of this month.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#34]
In response to the AA trigger not catching the striker in two different pistols, I contacted AA. First by email (no response) then by phone (mailbox full) and then by text message -- to which I only got a reply asking "did the cruciform break?"

So I boxed the trigger up and sent it back today. Hope they can manage to get me a drop in trigger that resets the striker because I really like the trigger feel.

This has not been a good purchasing experience. In the future I would look for a reseller to buy from rather than buy direct from AA.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 4:20:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
In response to the AA trigger not catching the striker in two different pistols, I contacted AA. First by email (no response) then by phone (mailbox full) and then by text message -- to which I only got a reply asking "did the cruciform break?"

So I boxed the trigger up and sent it back today. Hope they can manage to get me a drop in trigger that resets the striker because I really like the trigger feel.

This has not been a good purchasing experience. In the future I would look for a reseller to buy from rather than buy direct from AA.
View Quote

Sorry you had a bad experience with AA man, ive had several dealings with them before and after I bought my Agency 19. Ive spoken with them on the phone several times, and had email contact and they got back with me pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#36]
I got a shipping notification from AA today, one day after they received the trigger I sent back -- can't complain about that (assuming it's a fixed trigger coming back!)

I understand some things are out of their control (IE USPS delivering my first order to the wrong city, apparently destroying the trigger in the process, being out of stock to replace it, etc.). But then they dropped the ball for a few weeks... sent a cool Pew Pew Pew t-shirt with apologies... but after all that getting a trigger that didn't work correctly was disappointing.

I enjoy communicating with the Commissioner, he seems like a real character and they really play up the Agency thing. But my original order was July 22 for an in-stock item. Hopefully in a few days I'll be able to look back and say that everything works 100% and the frustration and delays were worth it. During the brief time I had the trigger (before finding the problem) I thought it was fantastic.

Quoted:

Sorry you had a bad experience with AA man, ive had several dealings with them before and after I bought my Agency 19. Ive spoken with them on the phone several times, and had email contact and they got back with me pretty quickly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Any word on the longer SI flat trigger?
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:23:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Any word on the longer SI flat trigger?
View Quote

Per email from OST should start shipping out this week
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Received my replacement Agency Arms trigger today. Guess what, same problem -- pretty quickly wound up with dead trigger when dry firing.

I decided "Screw it, I'm bending up the cruciform."

Result of bending it up until it's about the same as stock: problem fixed, I can't replicate the problem. Hopefully this is the solution and it won't cause me any problems in live fire.

Link Posted: 9/12/2015 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Dear 5lb 4ounce baby jeezus, I can't believe that.
So do they bend the cruciform DOWN or did you just think to raise yours??

ETA:  sounds like they should have asked for the whole frame and trigger?!  I'm about to do a 1000rd class with my AA, and even though it's had 500rds through it. I don't want to be THAT GUY with the $1900 gun that won't go bang.  Will have to remember to pack the old trigger as a backup.  Taking tons of other parts, so not a big deal.  Just can't believe this got by them...they might need to initiate some new test protocols before returning guns.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Received my replacement Agency Arms trigger today. Guess what, same problem -- pretty quickly wound up with dead trigger when dry firing.

Result of bending it up until it's about the same as stock: problem fixed, I can't replicate the problem. Hopefully this is the solution and it won't cause me any problems in live fire.

View Quote

That sucks, glad you could fix it.  Do you have any pics of what you did?  I am curious to what change you made.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That sucks, glad you could fix it.  Do you have any pics of what you did?  I am curious to what change you made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This problem  is discussed in the following guntech video at 6:10, the video deals with a ZEV trigger but same concepts.

https://youtu.be/YtuS_vF9B90
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a different problem with an SI tactical  , complete drop in unit w/ 3.5 conn, the trigger works fine no FF or FTE, no take up whatsoever, the trigger begins right at the wall....which I like.....so far so good....

my problem is I can hardly rack the slide.....it's like it has a 50 llb recoil spring all of a sudden, when I reinstall the std G17 trigger, everything is fine but I have all that take up again.   I would really like to keep the SI trigger, and I'll

accept  that there may be a break in period.....I don't see any thing wearing abnormally , no unusual marks any where, it bugs me that I can't figure this out on my own.  Has anyone had this experience with this trigger ?????

SI complete drop in unit with 3.5 conn.    New Glock 17  Gen 3  w/ Glock TB

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#44]
FYI, Rainier Arms has the Agency Arms trigger back in stock if anyone wants to try them.
I may give it a go and see.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#45]
I suspect they bend it down a little to give a shorter break. But some of the new trigger bars have less of a bend too. Could be that Glock is tightening the slide to frame in newer guns and providing trigger bars with less of a cruciform bend.

Fwiw I tried the trigger in a fairly new G17 and could not easily replicate the problem. Looking at the frame rails on that gun they are noticeably flatter than the two G19s I had the trouble with.

I couldn't  find a way to measure the bend vs the stock. Visually I could see a difference but it's hard to measure with calipers. I just bent it and eyeballed it until it reliably engaged the striker.

I have a blister on my left index finger from cycling the slide to dry fire.  

Quoted:
Dear 5lb 4ounce baby jeezus, I can't believe that.
So do they bend the cruciform DOWN or did you just think to raise yours??

ETA:  sounds like they should have asked for the whole frame and trigger?!  I'm about to do a 1000rd class with my AA, and even though it's had 500rds through it. I don't want to be THAT GUY with the $1900 gun that won't go bang.  Will have to remember to pack the old trigger as a backup.  Taking tons of other parts, so not a big deal.  Just can't believe this got by them...they might need to initiate some new test protocols before returning guns.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have a different problem with an SI tactical  , complete drop in unit w/ 3.5 conn, the trigger works fine no FF or FTE, no take up whatsoever, the trigger begins right at the wall....which I like.....so far so good....

my problem is I can hardly rack the slide.....it's like it has a 50 llb recoil spring all of a sudden, when I reinstall the std G17 trigger, everything is fine but I have all that take up again.   I would really like to keep the SI trigger, and I'll

accept  that there may be a break in period.....I don't see any thing wearing abnormally , no unusual marks any where, it bugs me that I can't figure this out on my own.  Has anyone had this experience with this trigger ?????

Thanks
View Quote

Sounds like something is binding, did you try using a different connector? Also make sure you are not using  a Gen 4 trigger bar or that your parts are for the right glock model
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Thanks

View Quote

Try the SI trigger and trigger bar with your factory housing , connector and springs. If the problem goes away we can start narrowing down the culprit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:09:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Anybody know the difference between trigger housings marked with 1 vs 2? Also the new trigger bars have little curls and a small slot where the spring attaches. I thought I read that they require a different trigger spring. True or false?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

I am having a similar issue.  I just replaced my connector with an SI 3.5 pound.  After doing so I noticed a significant increase in the pressure required to rack the slide.  The slide comes out of battery the same and after moving maybe a quarter inch gets difficult like it is having to slip past something.  I couldn't find anything that appears to be rubbing.  I have a Gen 4 G17.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I am having a similar issue. I just replaced my connector with an SI 3.5 pound. After doing so I noticed a significant increase in the pressure required to rack the slide. The slide comes out of battery the same and after moving maybe a quarter inch gets difficult like it is having to slip past something. I couldn't find anything that appears to be rubbing. I have a Gen 4 G17.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a different problem with an SI tactical , complete drop in unit w/ 3.5 conn, the trigger works fine no FF or FTE, no take up whatsoever, the trigger begins right at the wall....which I like.....so far so good....

my problem is I can hardly rack the slide.....it's like it has a 50 llb recoil spring all of a sudden, when I reinstall the std G17 trigger, everything is fine but I have all that take up again. I would really like to keep the SI trigger, and I'll

accept that there may be a break in period.....I don't see any thing wearing abnormally , no unusual marks any where, it bugs me that I can't figure this out on my own. Has anyone had this experience with this trigger ?????

SI complete drop in unit with 3.5 conn. New Glock 17 Gen 3 w/ Glock TB

Thanks

I am having a similar issue. I just replaced my connector with an SI 3.5 pound. After doing so I noticed a significant increase in the pressure required to rack the slide. The slide comes out of battery the same and after moving maybe a quarter inch gets difficult like it is having to slip past something. I couldn't find anything that appears to be rubbing. I have a Gen 4 G17.

Are you running factory springs (trigger spring in particular)? How far away from the trigger housing does the connector stick out? You're only supposed to be able to slide a sheet of notebook paper between the connector and the housing. If it's bent out too far, it will cause drag on the slide making the trigger feel much heavier than it should be.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top