Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 2:33:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had 3 Agency triggers and 2 Overwatch triggers.
One of the Agency triggers DID click a bit on the flashing--I had to take a tiny bit off (like 1/50 of an inch). That was a GEN 4 gun.
--
Right now I have the Agency in my G43 and an Overwatch in my G19 and they feel almost exactly the same (both have adjusted Ghost connectors).
What's odd is that the Agency in the 43 felt MORE like the Overwatch in the 19 than the Overwatch did--I can't explain it.
--
I do know that my Overwatch 19 trigger (with a Ghost PRO 3.3 or ELITE 3.5) is my favorite of any semi-auto pistol, followed closely by a smoothed out P320 and then the VP9 with match sear-spring (but not trigger-spring) and polishing...and that's saying a lot AND shows on the targets at 15-25 yards.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone use an Overwatch trigger and either an oem minus or ghost 3.5 connector with all stock springs?

Also does it make a difference if you just add the shoe to a gen 4 trigger bar compared to using the gen 3 bar. It would go in a gen 4 gun.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:12:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone use an Overwatch trigger and either an oem minus or ghost 3.5 connector with all stock springs?

Also does it make a difference if you just add the shoe to a gen 4 trigger bar compared to using the gen 3 bar. It would go in a gen 4 gun.
View Quote

Gen 4 trigger bars have that small hump on the part of the bar that contacts the safety plunger spring, it makes contact with the slide, thus increasing felt trigger pull weight and perhaps friction.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Gen 4 trigger bars have that small hump on the part of the bar that contacts the safety plunger spring, it makes contact with the slide, thus increasing felt trigger pull weight and perhaps friction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So use a gen 3 bar in a gen 4 gun?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#6]
the apex is nice jman. great company...they make great products esp their trigger kits for the shield, extr for glocks, etc. that is why i tried i their glock trigger, nice but felt trigger shoe kinda big if that is a complaint.it did feel better than stock trigger. then i purchased a glockkraft trigger based on thoughts/reviews in this thread. i sent back the apex. fwiw.. i now have glockkraft triggers in all my glocks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the glockkraft is still my first choice though.  Even if it's only because of the different color choices lol.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. All of these aftermarket triggers use a Gen. 3 bar, you never see a Gen. 4 bar. They can be used in a Gen. 4 glock without issue.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Checked out dk customs triggers website based on another users comments. Looks like a great setup and very affordable for what offers. Not sure if the carry package is around 4lbs? wonder if he could incorporate a flat faced trigger in his package?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Well after reading all 57 pages today, I've drank the GlockKraft koolaid.  Tac trigger, np3 coated - connector, and trigger spring on the way.  Will report back with my thoughts.  Trigger is going into G17 MOS with Burris FF3, S3F threaded barrel, Alpha Wolf compensator, stainless guide rod running 11# spring.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll add that I relied pretty heavily on the recommendations from this thread.  I ended up going with an Overwatch Precision DAT trigger, with NP3 coated trigger bar and extra power spring.
A couple hours of dry firing so far and I like it.  The pull still feels heavy enough that it feels 'safe' but there's almost no pretravel, the leverage feels more substantial, and the overtravel is shorter.
I threw in a Ghost Edge 3.5 connector and the trigger pull was too light for my tastes.  As an aside, my ghost connector puts so much pressure on the cam on the slide that sometimes doing a press check the slide won't return to battery. Switch to the stock connector and the slide will return to battery even if just pulled back enough to unlock the barrel.

Have a TTI ultimate connector coming in the mail then I'll be heading to the range to try it all out.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Did Glockkraft change their name to Overwatch Precision?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did Glockkraft change their name to Overwatch Precision?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#14]
For those who may be interested. My trigger setup is as follows:

Overwatch TAC Trigger Polished at the metal on metal points
ZEV V4 Race Connector Polished
ZEV Reduced Power Safety Plunger Spring
Zev Extra Power Trigger Spring
Apex Ultimate Safety Plunger Polished
Dues Ex Machina OEM+ Steel striker Polished at the metal on metal points
Glock OEM Striker Spring

Passes all safeties, very smooth, very little to no pre-travel, still has a confident/comfortable to carry trigger pull weight, no light primer hits

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I couldn't pass up the black Friday deal Overwatch Precision is running.  DAT trigger for $99!
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:42:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well I couldn't pass up the black Friday deal Overwatch Precision is running.  DAT trigger for $99!
View Quote

Yeah thanks for the post. Just cost me another $100
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#17]
About the whole gen 3 vs gen 4 trigger bar.

I have been using an Overwatch DAT in a gen 4 19. It lowered pull weight by a half pound but it makes the trigger mushier and less consistent. I'm thinking of trying an Agency next even though I really don't like the gen 3 bars.

Gen 3's are much more forgiving to trigger and spring mods. An extra power trigger spring works much better in a gen 3 for example.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#18]
And we can´t get the Overwatch Trigger here in Germany  There is no shop they offers it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Been watching this thread forever and finally picked up the OP / Glockkraft Tac on a black Friday sale. Can't wait to see what the hype is all about
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Picked up OWP DATs for the Wife's G19.4 and G43 as well as the NP3 plated - connector.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've got the Overwatch TAC trigger with OEM minus connector and stock springs. I like it a lot. However I came from XD's and have never liked OEM Glock triggers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 5:03:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Got the DAT on sale and finally tested it out. I am a fan. 
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone tested lots of connectors and springs with the DAT/TAC triggers? G34.4 with DAT here, looking to get lighter but not crazy light.

I remember reading someone had an Evo in theirs and it was way too light. I'm looking at a Zev Z4 or 'starter kit' with what looks like the Z4 plus springs at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anyone tested lots of connectors and springs with the DAT/TAC triggers? G34.4 with DAT here, looking to get lighter but not crazy light.

I remember reading someone had an Evo in theirs and it was way too light. I'm looking at a Zev Z4 or 'starter kit' with what looks like the Z4 plus springs at the moment.
View Quote

I've have two TACs and have tried a few.  I ended up with a Pro 3.3 in my G26 and Edge Pro in my G43.  There's no wall like a typical Glock trigger.  The wall is nice for staging shots, but I feel like that little hitch throws shots off when shooting fast.  The downside is the reset is a lot longer than something like the Ghost rocket.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Picked up OWP DATs for the Wife's G19.4 and G43 as well as the NP3 plated - connector.
View Quote

Installed the connector and DAT in the Gen 4 19 and so far, I am not that impressed. I have only dry fired, but it seems like the trigger pull is still like 5.5 lbs. I can't find my scale, I think I loaned it to a buddy

I have the Zev spring kit, should I install the trigger return spring?

Link Posted: 12/9/2016 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#26]
I ended up buying the Overwatch DAT from weapon outfitters.  The trigger I bought from them came with a spring already installed.  Does anyone know what spring that is or at least the poundage of it?
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Installed the connector and DAT in the Gen 4 19 and so far, I am not that impressed. I have only dry fired, but it seems like the trigger pull is still like 5.5 lbs. I can't find my scale, I think I loaned it to a buddy

I have the Zev spring kit, should I install the trigger return spring?
View Quote

The OWP triggers do a couple things great that I really like. Short wall, clean break, shorter reset, and of course the flat and wide trigger feels like more leverage. While being safe. To get the pull weight down, you need to swap springs/connectors. I did a polish job and that smoothed the pull out for me (IMO it's still a creepy trigger from wall to break with factory parts).
Page / 29
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top