Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone hear of this flat face trigger from Dues Ex Machina? Its called the Gunfighter and it is a drop-in as well. I have one ordered, and I just got my AA drop-in today. May be another contender and it is cheaper at 125.

https://www.customglockbarrels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41&products_id=47&zenid=0c28dea449b6dd0169753e8fdf65c635

View Quote

I think part of the reason it's less expensive is because it doesn't look  to include a (-) connector like the AA does. I really like the idea of a flat faced trigger (have one in my R700 and it's quite nice), but I just don't know what I want yet.

Has anyone here tried the Agency trigger as well as a Zev fulcrum? It'd be going in my Gen4 G19. I put in a Ghost Ultimate connector and it feels really 'mushy'. I don't know if it was the same before the connector (I think it was honestly, since the connector should have no differences in mushiness AFAIK), but I just don't like it.  
Given the AA is $150 and the Zev adjustable fulcrum kit is $180, and includes springs and is a true drop in for the most part, I feel the Zev might be of better value. I just wanna know how ya'll compare the two without making another thread lol.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I think part of the reason it's less expensive is because it doesn't look to include a (-) connector like the AA does. I really like the idea of a flat faced trigger (have one in my R700 and it's quite nice), but I just don't know what I want yet.

Has anyone here tried the Agency trigger as well as a Zev fulcrum? It'd be going in my Gen4 G19. I put in a Ghost Ultimate connector and it feels really 'mushy'. I don't know if it was the same before the connector (I think it was honestly, since the connector should have no differences in mushiness AFAIK), but I just don't like it.

Given the AA is $150 and the Zev adjustable fulcrum kit is $180, and includes springs and is a true drop in for the most part, I feel the Zev might be of better value. I just wanna know how ya'll compare the two without making another thread lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone hear of this flat face trigger from Dues Ex Machina? Its called the Gunfighter and it is a drop-in as well. I have one ordered, and I just got my AA drop-in today. May be another contender and it is cheaper at 125.

https://www.customglockbarrels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41&products_id=47&zenid=0c28dea449b6dd0169753e8fdf65c635

I think part of the reason it's less expensive is because it doesn't look to include a (-) connector like the AA does. I really like the idea of a flat faced trigger (have one in my R700 and it's quite nice), but I just don't know what I want yet.

I have two Zev Fulcrum Ultimate kits, two Zev Standard Ultimate kits and, obviously, the Suarez and Agency flat triggers. The Agency has more travel (pre and over) than the Fulcrum. Reset is just as crisp. If you're not set on a flat-faced trigger, the Zev Fulcrum is probably the best aftermarket Glock trigger out there. It's great out-of-the-box, and you can tune it to your specific gun even more if you want.

That being said, I think there is something to the whole flat trigger thing. Of all the triggers I've tried, I like the shape and feel of the Agency trigger (the actual trigger itself) the best. The shape, length, etc... It's excellent. As for the trigger pull itself, the Agency is no slouch. It's a fine EDC/duty type trigger, but it is not a "match" trigger by any means.

If Zev did a flat Fulcrum, I'd be all over it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have two Zev Fulcrum Ultimate kits, two Zev Standard Ultimate kits and, obviously, the Suarez and Agency flat triggers. The Agency has more travel (pre and over) than the Fulcrum. Reset is just as crisp. If you're not set on a flat-faced trigger, the Zev Fulcrum is probably the best aftermarket Glock trigger out there. It's great out-of-the-box, and you can tune it to your specific gun even more if you want.

That being said, I think there is something to the whole flat trigger thing. Of all the triggers I've tried, I like the shape and feel of the Agency trigger (the actual trigger itself) the best. The shape, length, etc... It's excellent. As for the trigger pull itself, the Agency is no slouch. It's a fine EDC/duty type trigger, but it is not a "match" trigger by any means.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the Agency trigger, did it get rid of the mushy feeling the stock triggers have? I'm fine with a light pre travel, but the gritty, mushy stock feeling I cannot stand. I'm usually shooting DA/SA Sigs and CZs, so I think I've been spoiled slightly (not 1911 spoiled though!) but I like how in SA, they're very smooth and light once it gets to the actual break which is usually 5.5# or less.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:52:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This pretty much sums up my feelings on it too. I like that the AA has some take up in it because I plan on carrying it a good bit, as well as shooting the crap out of it. Its definitely not a "match" style trigger, and is slightly heavier as well. Has a nice solid reset and a pretty crisp break in mine at least. Liking it a lot so far, in both my complete AA build and the drop-in unit in my G19.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Dues Ex Trigger came in. Intial impressions is that it is well made. the DLC. I went with the Gen. 3 trigger bar version and placed it in my Gen. 4 G19. There is some grittiness in the pre travel and in the reset. However, in my honest opinion, it is the type of grittiness that I see going away after a couple hundreds of rounds. The DLC coating is very well done and smooth throughout. The trigger is smooth in function and reset, I think it will really shine after the grittiness goes away. It may be the DLC coating that needs to break in just a bit against the internals of my G19. It does specifically state on their website that trigger feel improves with break in! I am satisfied thus far with the product intially and the service that I was provided. Will report back after I put some rounds down range.

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#6]
To add fuel to the fire, does anyone have any experience or have heard anything regarding the SSVI Glock Tyr Trigger?

http://www.ssvi.us/products/trigger

Seems to be interesting enough for this thread.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

To add fuel to the fire, does anyone have any experience or have heard anything regarding the SSVI Glock Tyr Trigger?

http://www.ssvi.us/products/trigger

Seems to be interesting enough for this thread.
View Quote

That trigger looks sweet, but it's more a standard, curved shape.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#8]
if ssvi is putting it out im betting its gonna be a good quality option.Think ill have to try one out based on the looks
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I partially like having a slight curve to the trigger as opposed to a 100% flat one. Will have to keep an eye out for the SSVI, but will wait until it actually releases to learn more.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For the Agency trigger, did it get rid of the mushy feeling the stock triggers have? I'm fine with a light pre travel, but the gritty, mushy stock feeling I cannot stand. I'm usually shooting DA/SA Sigs and CZs, so I think I've been spoiled slightly (not 1911 spoiled though!) but I like how in SA, they're very smooth and light once it gets to the actual break which is usually 5.5# or less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is pretty much my biggest question also. Is the take up smooth, light and clean feeling or just mushy and "springy"?
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 12:22:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is pretty much my biggest question also. Is the take up smooth, light and clean feeling or just mushy and "springy"?
View Quote

So after all of my questions, I ended up getting a lightly used AA trigger for a real good price. In the past week or two, I've done the following things:
1. Installed Ghost Ultimate connector.
2. $. 25 trigger job on the factory gen 4 trigger bar, safety plunger, and striker ledge or whatever it's called. It smoothed things out a lot. You can see in a thread I made recently how the trigger bar had some serious flaking that was there before I did this and I showed an after pic as well. This pretty much confirmed I should get a new trigger bar.
3. Put in a 6# trigger spring. I didn't really notice a difference over stock.
4. Bought and installed the AA trigger as that solved my need for a new trigger bar plus it made me happy on the inside
That's all that counts, right?

So essentially, as my G19 sits I have the Ghost Ultimate 3.5# connector, a 6# trigger spring, AA trigger and trigger bar, and a polished safety plunger and striker ledge. After dry firing about 50-75 times today, I can say I am very happy with how it feels. The AA trigger helped a lot with pre travel, which is shorter and very light. It also removed most over travel as well. So all in all, it's much smoother than stock and I'm looking forward to firing it soon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Still waiting for my AA trigger which was misdelivered by USPS.

Looks like SI will be releasing triggers that address some of my concerns:

I am currently sold out on all Suarez Triggers. New production run has begun. We will have three versions of the Flat & Straight Trigger. One will be the standard "Tactical Grade" triggerthat mimics the 1911 trigger. The next version will be the Two Stage "Patrol Grade" trigger that has the same take up as the OEM Glock trigger but stages to a firm wall with a clean break. The third version will be an adjustable trigger. It will have more adjustments than a double jointed chiropractor. It will be called the "Grandmaster Grade". All will feature the Flat & Straight Trigger shoe and all will maintain all the inherent Glock safeties when used with OEM parts.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

A few weeks ago I got one of the new Agency Arms flat Glock triggers to try out in a Gen 4 G19. I've been intrigued by the flat trigger thing since I first tried one in an AR, so I just had to get one of the Glock triggers to try.

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/aa_trigger.jpg

I've been playing with the AA trigger for a couple weeks now, and I like it. A lot. But I am also a tinkerer, and I have a hard time leaving well enough alone. So when I stumbled across a Suarez flat/straight trigger (the only DIY flat trigger option available besides the Agency Arms trigger) here in the EE, I just had to give it a whirl.

So today's mail brought me this...

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/si_flattie.jpg

Since this weekend is a long one for me, I plan on plenty of range time with both setups to see how they compare.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

View Quote

As you know, I started this thread when I got one of these for a Gen 4 G19 project I was working on...

Never content to leave well enough alone, I ordered one of these to try:

And then a new player entered the game and I figured since I was already well into the whole flat trigger thing, I might as well give it a try. So today this showed up in the mail.

Initial impressions to follow shortly. Hopefully some live fire testing to follow shortly after that.

If any more flat triggers hit the market, I'm going to need more Glocks to put them in!
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#15]
One more quick picture for all the "pics or it didn't happen" types.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm trying to figure out how someone would go for a $150 trigger shoe for a G43!

Dave N
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:21:38 AM EDT
[#18]
my g34 i just put my SI into I noticed I now have about up to 1/4 of play before the takeup.

I think its because I left the TTI connector and spring in it from when I got it. and it seemed a little loose. but all safetys work and reset.

it breaks light which I wanted in my comp gun.

all my other pistols with the SI in it have zev race connector and springs and I dont get the takeup. its the wall to start
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 1:52:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
my g34 i just put my SI into I noticed I now have about up to 1/4 of play before the takeup.

I think its because I left the TTI connector and spring in it from when I got it. and it seemed a little loose. but all safetys work and reset.

it breaks light which I wanted in my comp gun.

all my other pistols with the SI in it have zev race connector and springs and I dont get the takeup. its the wall to start
View Quote

Do you mean the pretravel is different in the g34 when compared to using the exact same trigger bar  in your other small frame or subcompact  glocks ?
Did you get the tactical version or the newer  patrol version ? The patrol version is supposed to be similar to the stock glock trigger bar in regard to pretravel.

I dont think the connector or springs should affect the pretravel amount. I think the amount of pretravel is determined by the amount  the trigger is allowed to rotate on the trigger pin.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/dem_trigger_2.jpg
View Quote

So, how are you liking it compared to the other two?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#21]
the connector and spring make a big difference. and its the standard trigger they dont have dift ones out yet.

if i use a race connector and spring the trigger has no pre travel.

a tti connector cause play. but is a lighter pull

connector plays a big role in how the trigger works on a glock
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/dem_trigger_2.jpg

So far I like it. It's almost exactly a halfway compromise between the SI and AA triggers with regards to the pre and over travel. I've only gotten to dry fire with it, though. No live fire yet, but I hope to change that this weekend. I'll update again then.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 2:10:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Not to hijack, and I know the zev isn't exactly flat, but has anyone had issues running the zev fulcrum trigger with the ghost rocket connector? I have the connector, and I like it, unsure how the zev or any other trigger for that matter will change how it behaves..
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 2:13:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 2:24:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Never run the zev, but I know the ghost connector + DEM trigger is a no go.
View Quote

Forgive my ignorance, "DEM"?
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 6:42:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never run the zev, but I know the ghost connector + DEM trigger is a no go.

Dues Ex Machina
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not to hijack, and I know the zev isn't exactly flat, but has anyone had issues running the zev fulcrum trigger with the ghost rocket connector? I have the connector, and I like it, unsure how the zev or any other trigger for that matter will change how it behaves..
View Quote

I use both the non adjustable professional (formerly known as the "duty" trigger) and a stainless adjustable ZEV trigger with a Ghost edtge connector. I tried it with a rocket and had no problems. Both function without problems. One thing however is that there is so much variables  in the Glock trigger design that the same trigger will feel different in  two glocks of the same model. Its really hard for me to exactly duplicate the feel of one glock trigger in all of my glocks using the same components.

Using the ghost edge gives the glocks a very different feel. The pull is smoother and without the pronounced bump or wall at the end of the take up, Its more like a revolver than a semi auto. There is a tiny bit of stacking when pulling trigger but not much.  If you are used to prepping the glock trigger by pulling the trigger until the "wall" you may have an ND using the edge.  If you like a more pronounced feel for  pre travel you can modify the shape of the trigger bar that contacts the firing pin safety. This way you can feel a slight "bump" when it contacts the FP safety. I like it better than the stock.

I next plan to try out the Suarez Patrol flat trigger when it is available. I think I am one of the few that likes pre-travel. I don't like a lot of pre-travel but I think for safety reasons I like to have a small amount.  I consider pre-travel to be the distance the trigger moves before I feel any resistance. For me it would be the tiny distance the trigger moves before I can feel the FP safety engaging.  I consider the rest of the pull until l it breaks the 'take up".  I could  be wrong with these definitions so I apologize if they are incorrect.

Some of the take up on some flat faced triggers  are so short that the FP safety is deactivated, I think these designs are unsafe. I think the FP safety  does not have to be depressed all the way in to fail. I think its possible that with even light pressure from the bar it may allow the FP to pass. I could be wrong on this but I prefer to have the trigger bar have no contact with the FP safety until the trigger is pulled.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm kind of torn on the new SI "Patrol" version of the flat trigger. I like the shape and length of the DEM and AA triggers better than the SI, but the SI (mine would be the "Tactical" under the new nomenclature) is the "best" (shortest pre-travel and over travel) trigger of the three, which makes it worthwhile if that's the type of trigger you need/want. If you add the pre-travel back in ("Patrol" version), I'd rather have either one of the other triggers just for their ergonomics.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm kind of torn on the new SI "Patrol" version of the flat trigger. I like the shape and length of the DEM and AA triggers better than the SI, but the SI (mine would be the "Tactical" under the new nomenclature) is the "best" (shortest pre-travel and over travel) trigger of the three, which makes it worthwhile if that's the type of trigger you need/want. If you add the pre-travel back in ("Patrol" version), I'd rather have either one of the other triggers just for their ergonomics.
View Quote

Did you use the same connector to test all three triggers?  What connectors did you use?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Did you use the same connector to test all three triggers? What connectors did you use?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you use the same connector to test all three triggers? What connectors did you use?

I tried them each in 3 different guns, one with an older Ghost 3.5 connector (Gen 3 19), one with a new Ghost Edge 3.5 connector (Gen 4 19) and one with the factory "-" connector (Gen 4 17). I have a few of the SI 3.5 connectors (polished copy of the factory "-" connector) on the way to try as well.

I'm just saying... I like the ergonomics of the Agency trigger the best, the DEM is second and the SI is third (mostly because of the length of the trigger shoe and the size of my finger). The SI trigger has a lot of other stuff going on that make it a worthwhile option if you need little-to-no pre-travel and over travel. If you add that back in and make it the same as the others, the SI triggers become less appealing, just from an ergonomic standpoint. Just IMO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I'm just saying... I like the ergonomics of the Agency trigger the best, the DEM is second and the SI is third (mostly because of the length of the trigger shoe and the size of my finger). The SI trigger has a lot of other stuff going on that make it a worthwhile option if you need little-to-no pre-travel and over travel. If you add that back in and make it the same as the others, the SI triggers become less appealing, just from an ergonomic standpoint. Just IMO, YMMV, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I was just doing some reading about the new, updated triggers from SI due out in a few weeks. In the above quote, I said that I liked the SI trigger for most everything except the ergonomics (length of the trigger being the main issue). We discussed a few posts ago the different versions (Patrol, Tactical and Adjustable) of the SI trigger that have been announced, and today I read this...

We made the trigger itself slightly longer. A minor thing perhaps but we wanted to make those angles of leverage perfect regardless of the size of the shooters' hands. The extra .40" required a complete redesign and new prints made, but it made for a more comfortable and usable trigger.

Hmmm... Sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#32]
I got another Gen 4 G19 frame that I'm setting up, so I juggled some parts and put the DEM trigger in it. When the new SI triggers come out, I'll get one to put in this frame to try and then this will go back into the Gen 4 G17 it just came out of.

Anyway... I was ordering an SI magwell for this frame and picked up a few other parts. It includes:

- DEM Gen 3 trigger and trigger bar

- SI 3.5# Connector (polished copy of the Glock "-" connector)

- SI Extra power trigger spring

- Vickers Mag Release

- Vickers Slide Release

- Jentra Extended Slide Catch (laser cut, not stamped)

- SI Gen 4 G19 Magwell

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

What are your impressions of the SI magwell so far? I am trying to hold off for the DEM magwell, but I know the Agency magwell feels very "right" on the gun. Aside from functionality of allowing for a smoother mag insert, it actually makes the grip feel better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got another Gen 4 G19 frame that I'm setting up, so I juggled some parts and put the DEM trigger in it. When the new SI triggers come out, I'll get one to put in this frame to try and then this will go back into the Gen 4 G17 it just came out of.

Anyway... I was ordering an SI magwell for this frame and picked up a few other parts. It includes:

- DEM Gen 3 trigger and trigger bar

- SI 3.5# Connector (polished copy of the Glock "-" connector)

- SI Extra power trigger spring

- Vickers Mag Release

- Vickers Slide Release

- Jentra Extended Slide Catch (laser cut, not stamped)

- SI Gen 4 G19 Magwell

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/g19_dem_installed.jpg

What are your impressions of the SI magwell so far? I am trying to hold off for the DEM magwell, but I know the Agency magwell feels very "right" on the gun. Aside from functionality of allowing for a smoother mag insert, it actually makes the grip feel better.

I have the Agency magwell on a Gen 4 G19, and this is my second SI magwell (Gen 3 and Gen 4 G19s). I know exactly what you're saying about feeling "right". I get that same feeling with both the AA and SI magwells. They are almost exactly the same size, very similar shape and the fit and finish is a wash between the two. Honestly, the SI magwell is $30 cheaper, so that's why I went with a second one.

Now that I have the SI Gen 4 magwell, I'll post some side-by-side comparisons between it and the AA Gen 4 magwell. I kind of did that a few pages back with the Gen 3 SI and Gen 4 AA magwells, but that was apples and oranges. Now I have apples, oranges and more apples.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I just recently put the SI Magwell on my G19 and have been very happy with it. The price difference was the deciding factor for me as well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm trying to figure out how someone would go for a $150 trigger shoe for a G43!

Dave N
View Quote

I'd probably pay that.  I find that I have a harder time pressing the trigger with even pressure on the 43 due to the small grip, and a flat, wide trigger would probably be an improvement for me.  Getting rid of that stupid serrated trigger would be a welcome change, too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#38]
I just put a DEM in my 17....feels great and can't wait to shoot with it......this could get expensive.....
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:23:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I was just doing some reading about the new, updated triggers from SI due out in a few weeks. In the above quote, I said that I liked the SI trigger for most everything except the ergonomics (length of the trigger being the main issue). We discussed a few posts ago the different versions (Patrol, Tactical and Adjustable) of the SI trigger that have been announced, and today I read this...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We made the trigger itself slightly longer. A minor thing perhaps but we wanted to make those angles of leverage perfect regardless of the size of the shooters' hands. The extra .40" required a complete redesign and new prints made, but it made for a more comfortable and usable trigger.

Yes, that does sound very interesting.  The SI trigger always looked too short to me.  I may have to try the Patrol model when the longer ones come out along with an SI magwell.  My wallet curses you and this thread!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Finally received my AA trigger. Really like the feel and during dry fire I see the RMR dot move less. With a dot connector there was a bit of takeup. With the minus connector included there is less takeup. The break also feels more crisp than I usually associate with a minus connector.

I see that the trigger safety when engaged does not allow the trigger bar to retract far enough to disable the firing pin safety. So in the event that the drop safety was defeated, the firing pin safety should still be engaged.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:24:04 AM EDT
[#41]
so I have a gen4 17 and I already have the ghost rocket 3.5 connector. Putting in the ghost spring kit tomorrow. Say hypothetically I could get the AA trigger for $120 the zev for $125 or the Suarez for $100. Which would you choose to pair with my current configuration and why?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Instead of cluttering up this thread even more with discussion of things other than flat triggers, I started another thread with a pictorial comparison of the Suarez and Agency magwells on Gen 4 G19s. You can check that out here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/162207_.html

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

so I have a gen4 17 and I already have the ghost rocket 3.5 connector. Putting in the ghost spring kit tomorrow. Say hypothetically I could get the AA trigger for $120 the zev for $125 or the Suarez for $100. Which would you choose to pair with my current configuration and why?
View Quote

If you want a flat trigger, going by what is available today and your listed choices, I'd get the AA. When the Gen 2 SI triggers come out in a few weeks, I might change that answer.

If you want a traditional (rounded) trigger, you can never go wrong with Zev.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I plan on getting the ghost 3.3 pro to go with an AA trigger.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Shot with the Agency Arms trigger today and I like it very much.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#47]
I was able to pass the DeFoor pistol standards with it today (a rare event for me), and my groups were much smaller, without the outside fliers that have plagued me in the past.

I suspect that's mostly the result of the flat trigger encouraging me to press straight back -- and that was really what I bought the trigger for, not a shortened takeup or a cleaner break.

However on the subject of the feel:

Initially I installed the AA trigger with the dot connector I already had installed. Dot plus AA yielded a bit of takeup followed by an okay break, somewhere between the standard connector and a minus connector. Then I tried the minus connector that came with the Agency Arms and for some reason the break cleaned up, and there was less takeup. In the past my view of the minus connector was that it yields a longer, mushier break but in combination with the AA trigger it's very nice.

I can't really tell if they did anything with the overtravel. Seems like it but I'm not that discerning regarding that aspect.

Quoted:

What are your thoughts on the feel, break, travel, etc?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I was able to pass the DeFoor pistol standards with it today (a rare event for me), and my groups were much smaller, without the outside fliers that have plagued me in the past.

I suspect that's mostly the result of the flat trigger encouraging me to press straight back -- and that was really what I bought the trigger for, not a shortened takeup or a cleaner break.

Initially I installed the AA trigger with the dot connector I already had installed. Dot plus AA yielded a bit of takeup followed by an okay break, somewhere between the standard connector and a minus connector. Then I tried the minus connector that came with the Agency Arms and for some reason the break cleaned up, and there was less takeup. In the past my view of the minus connector was that it yields a longer, mushier break but in combination with the AA trigger it's very nice.

I can't really tell if they did anything with the overtravel. Seems like it but I'm not that discerning regarding that aspect.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the ghost rocket, which removed pretty much all of the over travel and shortened the reset a marginal amount. With the ghost spring kit (4# striker spring) I was getting consistent readings of 3.5-3.75lbs on the pull. What I don't like, the reset is now soft. Not a firm resistance you get with the standard safety plunger spring. I like the overall pull weight, test fired (with 4# striker spring) no light primer strikes yet..) but I'm interested to see how the AA trigger will affect overall pull weight, and if it changes the soft reset. Debating to go back to standard safety plunger spring and see how that changes things for the time being. Until I decide to buy the AA trigger
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#50]
I have an AA trigger with a tuned PRO 3.3# connector, a lightened plunger spring, and the OEM striker spring.
Anything less than 5.5# made the reset feel too weak.  Even 5# felt a bit too soft.  

My pull is 3.75# at the bottom, but not sure what it is in the middle--maybe 4.25# I'd guess.  Feels nice and light, with just a hair too much pretravel for my taste...the overtravel was perfect, but I went a bit further just to make sure it had plenty of room.  Now there's a nanometer more than I'd like, but not enough to spend $30 again.  :)
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top