Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am impressed with the AA trigger. Next step is swap some springs to lighten it up , but overall happy with it. Is it necessary? No. Enjoyable. Yes.
View Quote

I have the Ghost spring kit (reduced firing pin safety spring and heavier trigger spring) installed with mine. It's about the perfect weight, IMO. Since it's a carry gun I stuck with the factory weight firing pin spring.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been largely impressed with the AA drop in triggers. I've installed them in a few different guns, as well as sold a few to various people, and everyones loved them so far. It's a great improvement over the stock trigger, and the Shoe itself feels so much better than the factory shoe. Definitely a solid choice who wants a better feeling trigger and wants to carry it without worrying about disengaging any safeties.

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 4:08:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Very close to ordering an AA drop-in, most of these pictures are making the bottom of the trigger look VERY close to touching the trigger guard. Anybody have any issues/concerns with this? If wearing gloves could it be tight enough to snag the glove material and momentarily jam the trigger?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Very close to ordering an AA drop-in, most of these pictures are making the bottom of the trigger look VERY close to touching the trigger guard. Anybody have any issues/concerns with this? If wearing gloves could it be tight enough to snag the glove material and momentarily jam the trigger?
View Quote

I haven't heard any issues with it, nor experienced it myself in various dry fire practice.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#5]
So this is what I've been doing while waiting for my armorer's backplate...

The Gen 3 G19 is currently sporting the Suarez trigger, Ghost 3.5 connector and a Suarez magwell, while the Gen 4 G19 is fitted with the Agency Arms trigger, OEM "-" connector and Agency Arms magwell. Both have Ghost spring kits. They might just end up staying this way but, we'll see.

As a side note: I've been beating on the grips and the back/tops of the slides as hard as I can with my hand (I actually hurt myself ) and I can't get the striker to drop on either trigger, in either gun (I tried both triggers in both guns).
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been running the SI trigger with a 5# connector for a few hundred rounds, it did take some getting use too, but I love it! Haven't put a 3.5 connector on there yet, but the 5 ain't bad.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:00:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I haven't heard any issues with it, nor experienced it myself in various dry fire practice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good deal, broke down and ordered one today for my FDE gen4 19. Should be here by Thursday, hope to get it in Friday and try to get some trigger time in this weekend with it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:25:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good deal, broke down and ordered one today for my FDE gen4 19. Should be here by Thursday, hope to get it in Friday and try to get some trigger time in this weekend with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice. I think you'll be impressed. I just got my 19 last Thursday and have already been to the range twice... and I'm considering going again tomorrow, because I definitely need the practice.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#9]

I've been playing with these different triggers for a few weeks now, but I've also been testing out a few other G19 related accessories as well. I mentioned them a few posts up, but I've been trying out a couple of low profile magwells, also from Agency Arms and Suarez International. Both are geared towards concealed carry more than competition and, since I'm trying to find my ideal carry configuration, it seemed like a no-brainer to give them a try.

The Agency Arms magwell ($100) is installed on the Gen 4 G19 (with the Agency trigger) and the Suarez magwell ($70) is installed on the Gen 3 G19 (with the Suarez trigger).

The fit and finish of both magwells is top notch. Neither one adds much length or width to the grip. In dryfire they both "feel" faster, but I'll have to do some reloads on the timer to tell for sure.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:46:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've been playing with these different triggers for a few weeks now, but I've also been testing out a few other G19 related accessories as well. I mentioned them a few posts up, but I've been trying out a couple of low profile magwells, also from Agency Arms and Suarez International. Both are geared towards concealed carry more than competition and, since I'm trying to find my ideal carry configuration, it seemed like a no-brainer to give them a try.

The Agency Arms magwell ($100) is installed on the Gen 4 G19 (with the Agency trigger) and the Suarez magwell ($70) is installed on the Gen 3 G19 (with the Suarez trigger).

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/magwell_1.jpg

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/magwell_2.jpg

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/magwell_3.jpg

The fit and finish of both magwells is top notch. Neither one adds much length or width to the grip. In dryfire they both "feel" faster, but I'll have to do some reloads on the timer to tell for sure.

View Quote

Seems to cover a bit of the lower finger groove. Do you notice any change in comfort when gripping or shooting? Does the lip of the magwell rub against your pinky finger and cause any discomfort(sort of like Glock knuckle of the pinky)? When I order my AA I want it to be right the first time
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 1:37:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/magwell_1.jpg

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/magwell_2.jpg

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/magwell_3.jpg

View Quote

How is trigger reach on those triggers?
Is it shorter then factory trigger?

Off topic, what kind of sights do you have installed?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 5:16:27 AM EDT
[#12]
The reach on the triggers may be a little less than stock (more so on the Suarez trigger), but it's not enough different to be that noticeable.

Both magwells do a pretty good job of angling back in to the grip. There is a little ridge but, for the most part, they follow the contour of the factory finger hump and are also barely noticeable. The Suarez magwell is just a touch longer on the front side, so it actually gives a bit more room for your pinky (but not so much as to be big or bulky).

I have 10-8 Performance (FO front, black rear) sights on the Gen 3 and I'm trying out the Proctor Y-notch (FO front, black rear) on the Gen 4.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#13]
how does it compare to a ZEV fulcrum kit ? thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:25:52 AM EDT
[#14]
G
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the feel of the SI trigger is better than the fulcrum, I liked the feel of the SI trigger as the trigger face was  much flatter than the fulcrum and it had  very little pretravel  However, I decided to stick with the fulcrum as I think it is offers the best compromise of somewhat flatter trigger face, does reduce pretravel a bit and theoretically is safer than the other flat faced triiggers that reduce pretravel to minimum. In general  the lower you reduce pretravel the higher the risk you have of deactivating the firing pin safety. I do like a bit of pretravel as its a bit of insurance against an ND,

One way to check for the firing pin safety function  is to remove the extractor and visually watch to see if the safety is pushed up when the trigger is activated and pulled, The latest fulcrum does not  deactivate the safety with the initial factory settings. Even if the firing pin drops the safety should block it from punching the primer. Also on the fulcrum the triangular tab on the trigger bar has been reshaped to not push up on the safety with some of the pretravel removed ( see pic below) . I think some of the older versions did not have this modification. The SI trigger does not have this modification. I have seen some pictures of the  Haley skimmers that are modified and some that are not. The designs of these triggers have probably changed over time. I don't feel comfortable with designs that allow the firing pin safety to be deactivated with a mm of movement of the trigger bar.

My current set up uses a duty version of the fulcrum with the ghost edge connector and apex rounded safety plunger.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:04:13 AM EDT
[#15]
AA drop-in kit came in today, should get it put in tomorrow. Didn't I read somewhere that the kit comes with a (-) connector? So for those of you with the AA trigger in carry guns, do you still roll with the - connector, or keep the heavier factory connector? I don't know that I want that light of a trigger pull in a defense gun.

Hope to be rockin' by tomorrow and get in a little trigger time. Will be out of town this weekend with no chance to shoot it
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

G

I think the feel of the SI trigger is better than the fulcrum, I liked the feel of the SI trigger as the trigger face was much flatter than the fulcrum and it had very little pretravel However, I decided to stick with the fulcrum as I think it is offers the best compromise of somewhat flatter trigger face, does reduce pretravel a bit and theoretically is safer than the other flat faced triiggers that reduce pretravel to minimum. In general the lower you reduce pretravel the higher the risk you have of deactivating the firing pin safety. I do like a bit of pretravel as its a bit of insurance against an ND,

One way to check for the firing pin safety function is to remove the extractor and visually watch to see if the safety is pushed up when the trigger is activated and pulled, The latest fulcrum does not deactivate the safety with the initial factory settings. Even if the firing pin drops the safety should block it from punching the primer. Also on the fulcrum the triangular tab on the trigger bar has been reshaped to not push up on the safety with some of the pretravel removed ( see pic below) . I think some of the older versions did not have this modification. The SI trigger does not have this modification. I have seen some pictures of the Haley skimmers that are modified and some that are not. The designs of these triggers have probably changed over time. I don't feel comfortable with designs that allow the firing pin safety to be deactivated with a mm of movement of the trigger bar.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/dntama/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpseocuvq6i.jpg

My current set up uses a duty version of the fulcrum with the ghost edge connector and apex rounded safety plunger.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

G

Quoted:

I think the feel of the SI trigger is better than the fulcrum, I liked the feel of the SI trigger as the trigger face was much flatter than the fulcrum and it had very little pretravel However, I decided to stick with the fulcrum as I think it is offers the best compromise of somewhat flatter trigger face, does reduce pretravel a bit and theoretically is safer than the other flat faced triiggers that reduce pretravel to minimum. In general the lower you reduce pretravel the higher the risk you have of deactivating the firing pin safety. I do like a bit of pretravel as its a bit of insurance against an ND,

One way to check for the firing pin safety function is to remove the extractor and visually watch to see if the safety is pushed up when the trigger is activated and pulled, The latest fulcrum does not deactivate the safety with the initial factory settings. Even if the firing pin drops the safety should block it from punching the primer. Also on the fulcrum the triangular tab on the trigger bar has been reshaped to not push up on the safety with some of the pretravel removed ( see pic below) . I think some of the older versions did not have this modification. The SI trigger does not have this modification. I have seen some pictures of the Haley skimmers that are modified and some that are not. The designs of these triggers have probably changed over time. I don't feel comfortable with designs that allow the firing pin safety to be deactivated with a mm of movement of the trigger bar.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/dntama/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpseocuvq6i.jpg

Several posts ago I talked about the firing pin safeties. Neither trigger (AA or SI) deactivate the firing pin safety until pulled. I watched both triggers in both guns (Gen 3 and Gen 4) through the empty magwell to verify for myself. The trigger safeties work as intended on both triggers, the firing pin safeties work as intended on both triggers and (so far) the drop safety works as intended with both triggers. I just got my armorer's backplate from RockYourGlock today, so I'll be testing with that this weekend.

Otherwise, I agree with the previous poster's comparison to the Zev trigger. I run my Fulcrum kits pretty much "out-of-the-box", so the SI trigger actually has less pre-travel and overtravel than the Zev (although, you can adjust the Zev to take more out). The Agency trigger has more pre-travel and overtravel than the SI and Zev triggers, but still less than stock. Other than the reset distances being a little different, all three triggers (Zev, SI and AA) have very crisp breaks and very sharp (not mushy) reset.

Quoted:

AA drop-in kit came in today, should get it put in tomorrow. Didn't I read somewhere that the kit comes with a (-) connector? So for those of you with the AA trigger in carry guns, do you still roll with the - connector, or keep the heavier factory connector? I don't know that I want that light of a trigger pull in a defense gun.

Hope to be rockin' by tomorrow and get in a little trigger time. Will be out of town this weekend with no chance to shoot it

It's important to remember that a 3.5# connector will put your trigger pull right around 4.5# actual. IMO, that's just about perfect for a carry gun.

The next phase in my "Ultimate Glock 19 Project" just arrived today. S3F fluted, melonited barrel and a bunch of slide parts which will come into play later.

I've got one more package on the way, but this will give me something to tinker with this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I have an AA in a Gen4 23 and an SI in a Gen4 22. After reading through this, I decided to do my own drop testing with both triggers in both guns.  

I pulled bullets/powder from some cartridges so they were just primered cases. Orange plate on both slides. Eye protection of course.

Loaded a primered catridge into the G22 with the SI trigger. Dropped it onto a thin rug over garage concrete floor. Drop height was 3-4 feet. Following drops 5 times each: Onto the muzzle, onto the rear/tang/beavertail, onto the grip/magwwell, onto the top of the slide, and onto each side. Total drops was about 30.

The SI trigger bar slipped off the ledge when dropped onto the rear/tang/beavertail and onto the grip/magwell. No drops fired the primered carrtridge, although there were faint striker marks on the primer. I reset the trigger and pressed it, which discharged the primered cartridge.

Same test as above with AA trigger in G23. No movement/slippage of the trigger bar. The primered carrtridge did not discharge. No visible striker marks on the primer. Again reset and pressed, which discharged the primered cartridge.

Then I swapped the triggers, putting the SI in the G23, the AA in the G22. Same test as above. SI trigger in the G23 did the same thing as it did in the G22. AA did the same thing in the G22 as it did in the G23. Again, no discharges of the primered cartridges.

The SI feels slightly crisper in the break than the AA in the G22. There is just a little less of that Gen4 creep right before the break. Reset also feels just a bit shorter.  In the G23, I couldn't really feel any difference in the break, but the SI seemed to reset just a bit shorter.

I've shot both side-by-side a few times, and they run the same for me.

Based on the above I will probably put another AA in the G22 as it sees occasional duty time in my HRET rig, and move the SI trigger to a back-up/"fun" gun.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I have an AA in a Gen4 23 and an SI in a Gen4 22. After reading through this, I decided to do my own drop testing with both triggers in both guns.

I pulled bullets/powder from some cartridges so they were just primered cases. Orange plate on both slides. Eye protection of course.

Loaded a primered catridge into the G22 with the SI trigger. Dropped it onto a thin rug over garage concrete floor. Drop height was 3-4 feet. Following drops 5 times each: Onto the muzzle, onto the rear/tang/beavertail, onto the grip/magwwell, onto the top of the slide, and onto each side. Total drops was about 30.

The SI trigger bar slipped off the ledge when dropped onto the rear/tang/beavertail and onto the grip/magwell. No drops fired the primered carrtridge, although there were faint striker marks on the primer. I reset the trigger and pressed it, which discharged the primered cartridge.

Same test as above with AA trigger in G23. No movement/slippage of the trigger bar. The primered carrtridge did not discharge. No visible striker marks on the primer. Again reset and pressed, which discharged the primered cartridge.

Then I swapped the triggers, putting the SI in the G23, the AA in the G22. Same test as above. SI trigger in the G23 did the same thing as it did in the G22. AA did the same thing in the G22 as it did in the G23. Again, no discharges of the primered cartridges.

The SI feels slightly crisper in the break than the AA in the G22. There is just a little less of that Gen4 creep right before the break. Reset also feels just a bit shorter. In the G23, I couldn't really feel any difference in the break, but the SI seemed to reset just a bit shorter.

Based on the above I will probably put another AA in the G22 as it sees occasional duty time in my HRET rig, and move the SI trigger to a back-up/"fun" gun.

View Quote

Excellent post! Great info.

One side question... Does your SI trigger have a Gen 3 or Gen 4 trigger bar?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:56:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Both the AA and the SI have Gen3 bars.

I have a bunch of Gen3's, and have done trigger work on all of them, as well as several other people's Gen3's.  Still haven't been able to replicate a good Gen3 trigger in my Gen4's, but since I run WML's on the G23 andd G22, Gen4 is necessary for reliability.  Plus, my agency issues Gen4's and as the Rangemaster it looks good if I'm running the issue gun.  (Even if slightly modified.)

I'm thinking of sending the 23 and 22 to AA for just the frame jobs, including the magwells.  How do they carry concealed with the wells?  (I run a Coffman Concealment OWB with my 23 and WML.)
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:46:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Awesome Data!

I'm not surprised that the SI trigger slipped off the ledge, but I am surprised that it didn't pop the primer. When it slipped off the ledge, can you see from the magwell that the firing pin safety is deactivated?

Quoted:

The SI feels slightly crisper in the break than the AA in the G22. There is just a little less of that Gen4 creep right before the break. Reset also feels just a bit shorter.  In the G23, I couldn't really feel any difference in the break, but the SI seemed to reset just a bit shorter.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:56:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Several posts ago I talked about the firing pin safeties. Neither trigger (AA or SI) deactivate the firing pin safety until pulled. I watched both triggers in both guns (Gen 3 and Gen 4) through the empty magwell to verify for myself. The trigger safeties work as intended on both triggers, the firing pin safeties work as intended on both triggers and (so far) the drop safety works as intended with both triggers. I just got my armorer's backplate from RockYourGlock today, so I'll be testing with that this weekend.

Otherwise, I agree with the previous poster's comparison to the Zev trigger. I run my Fulcrum kits pretty much "out-of-the-box", so the SI trigger actually has less pre-travel and overtravel than the Zev (although, you can adjust the Zev to take more out). The Agency trigger has more pre-travel and overtravel than the SI and Zev triggers, but still less than stock. Other than the reset distances being a little different, all three triggers (Zev, SI and AA) have very crisp breaks and very sharp (not mushy) reset.

It's important to remember that a 3.5# connector will put your trigger pull right around 4.5# actual. IMO, that's just about perfect for a carry gun.

The next phase in my "Ultimate Glock 19 Project" just arrived today. S3F fluted, melonited barrel and a bunch of slide parts which will come into play later.

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/g19_parts.jpg

I've got one more package on the way, but this will give me something to tinker with this weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
G
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/g19_parts.jpg

Got some shooting time in with mine today, factory(not - ) connector and springs for now but its still a great improvement. Previously I had trouble pulling all my shots to the left, no matter how I grip or use the trigger finger. With the AA flat trigger my accuracy is better on my first outing, oddly enough when I get sloppy I actually pulled a couple shots to the right this time. All in all I like it a lot so far, and will probably end up throwing the (-) connector in and see how it feels.

PS im freakin jealous of the new barrel, they only have the Stainless in stock right now.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Both the AA and the SI have Gen3 bars.

I have a bunch of Gen3's, and have done trigger work on all of them, as well as several other people's Gen3's. Still haven't been able to replicate a good Gen3 trigger in my Gen4's, but since I run WML's on the G23 andd G22, Gen4 is necessary for reliability. Plus, my agency issues Gen4's and as the Rangemaster it looks good if I'm running the issue gun. (Even if slightly modified.)

I'm thinking of sending the 23 and 22 to AA for just the frame jobs, including the magwells. How do they carry concealed with the wells? (I run a Coffman Concealment OWB with my 23 and WML.)
View Quote

I was curious about the Gen 3/4 trigger bars because, like you, I am running a Gen 3 bar SI trigger in a Gen 4 Glock. Since the SI trigger is available with a Gen 4 bar (AA only comes with a Gen 3 bar), I wonder if it would make much/any difference.

Regarding the magwells... Neither the SI or AA magwells add any appreciable size to the grip. The SI magwell is just a shade bigger (and $30 cheaper) but both are geared towards carrying, and they both disappear under a cover garment. I actually like the SI a little better because of the shape of it on the front strap. It just feels a little better (With my hands, on a G19 sized frame, YMMV). Manufacturing quality, finish quality, etc is a wash between them. IMO, just pick the one with the price and look you like and don't look back.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Awesome Data!

I'm not surprised that the SI trigger slipped off the ledge, but I am surprised that it didn't pop the primer. When it slipped off the ledge, can you see from the magwell that the firing pin safety is deactivated?

View Quote

The Glock firing pin isn't fully cocked unless the trigger is actually pull back.  There was probably not enough spring tension to fire the primer.  

Eitherway it looks like th SI trigger not only defeats the drop safety but the firing pin safety as well.  

That doesn't make me feel comfortable putting an SI trigger on my EDC.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#24]
For those who have placed orders on AA drop ins. I did as well. Knowing they currently have a two week backorder (I ordered mine about a week ago), I sent an email to them asking to see if they were still on schedule and the backorder time frame has not changed. Was informed shortly after that they have a large bulk of the backorders going out Friday and Monday and that my backorder will be included in one of these days. Just an FYI for those who are in the same boat as me.

I have high hopes for this trigger, however competition is steep as I have GLOCK MADE OCC Custom triggers in all my Glocks and I am a huge fan. However, I really like the feel of a metal flat face trigger, which is really the only reason why I wanted the AA. If the OCC had the same type of trigger shoe and kept the same function everywhere else, I would not be looking at the $150 AA trigger one bit. However, if the pre travel is similar to that of an ADJUSTED OCC trigger, I think I will be sold. Would probably buy another AA for gun game G34.

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Are any if you guys noticing an improvement of accuracy with these triggers? The apex tactical AEK, usb and ram improved the accuracy in the m&p compact. Safe to carry as well?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey guys can you buy just the AA trigger shoe?

And next can I put it on my DK Trigger with out affecting his work?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hey guys can you buy just the AA trigger shoe?

And next can I put it on my DK Trigger with out affecting his work?

Thanks
View Quote

No, you cannot buy just the AA trigger shoe, and no, you would not be able to put it on the DK trigger bar without it affecting the DK triggers function. The DK trigger is drilled and tapped for set screws to adjust the pre and over travel. The AA trigger is not.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#28]
i just put 2 more SI's in my 26 and 17 both gen 4's I used the gen 4 trigger bar. no pretravel and a nice short pull. n issues at all

I asked agency about there triggers and I got they are made with aluminum and such. just having  a hard time thinking about putting a gen 3 trigger bar in a gen 4. not sure why they dont  make a gen 4 version
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
i just put 2 more SI's in my 26 and 17 both gen 4's I used the gen 4 trigger bar. no pretravel and a nice short pull. n issues at all

I asked agency about there triggers and I got they are made with aluminum and such. just having  a hard time thinking about putting a gen 3 trigger bar in a gen 4. not sure why they dont  make a gen 4 version
View Quote

They already can't keep up production. No sense in adding a Gen 4 version when Gen 3 will work perfectly fine in Gen 4 guns.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#30]
just because something may work doesnt mean it should be used if not specifically made for it
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
just because something may work doesnt mean it should be used if not specifically made for it
View Quote

I think all the companies out there putting Gen 4 trigger bars in Gen 3 guns and visa versa would know what they're doing and/or talking about after having their products put into hundreds if not thousands of guns...
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#32]
doesnt mean they know, but for them it works.

if that was the case than you should ask why did glock change the trigger bar if the old works fine

Link Posted: 7/24/2015 2:06:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

if that was the case than you should ask why did glock change the trigger bar if the old works fine

View Quote

Bud, do you think if something was wrong with the Gen 3 bar that Glock would continue to put them in Gen 3 guns? Come one now, stop grasping at straws. Either trigger bar will run 100% in either Gen.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Bud, do you think if something was wrong with the Gen 3 bar that Glock would continue to put them in Gen 3 guns? Come one now, stop grasping at straws. Either trigger bar will run 100% in either Gen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the point being made is that a group of engineers made specific dedicated changes to the Gen 4 pistols. Any time a company like that makes a change in a multi-generational platform, especially when they are still producing and selling the previous generation they risk people assuming there is a mistake, flaw, or disadvantage in the previous generation. My assumption here is that the 4th Gen Glocks have a solid, engineered standing behind why they have a different trigger bar. There are some minor ergonomic changes and one can assume that this might have affected the geometry of the trigger bar. So if the company that designed the pistol to be the extremely reliable weapon that it is know for, chose to alter the design of the trigger bar; I can understand some concern on this issue of using 3rd gen parts in 4th gen guns.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#35]
No concern here.
I change my Gen 4 trigger bars out with the smoother operating Gen 3's.

Dave N
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:38:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
For those who have placed orders on AA drop ins. I did as well. Knowing they currently have a two week backorder (I ordered mine about a week ago), I sent an email to them asking to see if they were still on schedule and the backorder time frame has not changed. Was informed shortly after that they have a large bulk of the backorders going out Friday and Monday and that my backorder will be included in one of these days. Just an FYI for those who are in the same boat as me.

I have high hopes for this trigger, however competition is steep as I have GLOCK MADE OCC Custom triggers in all my Glocks and I am a huge fan. However, I really like the feel of a metal flat face trigger, which is really the only reason why I wanted the AA. If the OCC had the same type of trigger shoe and kept the same function everywhere else, I would not be looking at the $150 AA trigger one bit. However, if the pre travel is similar to that of an ADJUSTED OCC trigger, I think I will be sold. Would probably buy another AA for gun game G34.

View Quote

I saw AA was on a backorder schedule, so I ordered my drop-in from Rainier Arms. Had it in 3 days.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone hear of this flat face trigger from Dues Ex Machina? Its called the Gunfighter and it is a drop-in as well. I have one ordered, and I just got my AA drop-in today. May be another contender and it is cheaper at 125.

https://www.customglockbarrels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41&products_id=47&zenid=0c28dea449b6dd0169753e8fdf65c635

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Anyone hear of this flat face trigger from Dues Ex Machina? Its called the Gunfighter and it is a drop-in as well. I have one ordered, and I just got my AA drop-in today. May be another contender and it is cheaper at 125.

https://www.customglockbarrels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41&products_id=47&zenid=0c28dea449b6dd0169753e8fdf65c635

View Quote

It was mentioned earlier in the thread (page 2 maybe?). I contacted them about getting one, but they weren't shipping at the time. I need one of these and one of the upcoming Apex flatties to complete my round-up! Anyone care to contribute?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It was mentioned earlier in the thread (page 2 maybe?). I contacted them about getting one, but they weren't shipping at the time. I need one of these and one of the upcoming Apex flatties to complete my round-up! Anyone care to contribute?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, the DK trigger isn't flat, but it's cheaper than any trigger listed and I know it blows them all out the water. ;)
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Well, the DK trigger isn't flat, but it's cheaper than any trigger listed and I know it blows them all out the water. ;)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know because you've used all the other triggers mentioned here personally?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a matter of fact, I have indeed shot all the triggers mentioned in here, except the Dues Ex trigger and the Apex which obviously hasn't been released yet.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#42]
wait wait wait... APEX is making a Glock Trigger? What?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#43]
The Agency Arms trigger itself looks like the best shape/design out of all the new flat faced triggers. The only thing I can see on the Apex trigger is that it may have some kind of over travel stop built into the lower back portion of the trigger but I may be wrong.

Apex has not officially announced any thing. I spoke to someone at Apex about this a while back but he had no idea when it will be out to see the light of day. I also got the impression that there may not be much to this but the trigger being flat faced, which I hope I'm wrong about.

This may be due to the variances between guns with connectors, striker lug to cruciform engagement, etc.. That makes it harder to produce a drop in trigger which produces results like what we see in the M&P guns with drop in parts.

I would love to see someone sell a tuned system including striker, springs, connector, trigger, firing pin safety, and trigger housing for duty/carry or competition guns with a flat faced trigger. All parts tuned together to verify they work, safely and reliably, together and produce desired results.

The suarez system looks like the only one that does this but I don't like that it defeats stock safeties. Also, I prefer a little pre travel and least amount of over travel I can manage while getting a short, strong reset.

Quoted:
wait wait wait... APEX is making a Glock Trigger? What?
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#44]
For those running the AA trigger, I noticed how close the safety portion of the trigger sits back against the frame within the inside of the trigger guard when cocked. It is just barely NOT touching the back of the frame by a hair. Normal?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

For those running the AA trigger, I noticed how close the safety portion of the trigger sits back against the frame within the inside of the trigger guard when cocked. It is just barely NOT touching the back of the frame by a hair. Normal?
View Quote

Yes. It is very close. I actually had to sand down the mold line on the frame a little because the trigger safety was rubbing on it when depressed. About 30 seconds with some sandpaper cured it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#46]
That is what I plan to do! When you say mold line you are not referring to the edge of the inner cavity that enters the inside the of the frame that the safety has to clear when the trigger is pulled right? You are referring to the just the surface right underneath it where it seems a bit rough? Thanks!

Quoted:

Yes. It is very close. I actually had to sand down the mold line on the frame a little because the trigger safety was rubbing on it when depressed. About 30 seconds with some sandpaper cured it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Innovative gunfighter solutions should be releasing soon...its really fat

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#48]
why is it so fat....
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

That is what I plan to do! When you say mold line you are not referring to the edge of the inner cavity that enters the inside the of the frame that the safety has to clear when the trigger is pulled right? You are referring to the just the surface right underneath it where it seems a bit rough? Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct. Just the mold line on the outside of the frame.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Innovative gunfighter solutions should be releasing soon...its really fat

http://i.imgur.com/6hAjii5.jpg
View Quote

I'm usually a function over form guy, but that trigger... I don't know... It's freaking hideous looking. If it works well I would probably still consider it, though.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top