Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2015 9:03:28 PM EDT
Just installed my Agency Arms Flat Glock Drop-in Trigger. I paired it with a standard Ghost connector with Reset tab. Great trigger. I was in love with the new pull of my G19 with standard factory trigger and just the Ghost connector. My G19 with Ghost connector and Agency Arms trigger is  a completely different animal. Crisp and short.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish usps didn't lose mine. And AA is sold out. Ordered a month ago.

For the record AA has been helpful in resolving the issue and are in contact with usps. They are waiting for an agent to get back to them. Probably in for an indefinite wait since AA isn't going to spend $$ to retool the cnc for one trigger.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Why did you use a Ghost connector instead of the connector AA supplies?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#3]
AA uses Ghost.  I think they also used to use a reduced power safety plunger spring, but hear they discontinued that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AA uses Ghost.  I think they also used to use a reduced power safety plunger spring, but hear they discontinued that.
View Quote

I thought in their trigger video they claimed they used an OEM "-" connector?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#5]
They use a minus connector. I want to keep everything as stock as possible. I like flat triggers because it turns my "pull" into more of a consistent even "push". That and the reset tab of the Ghost are plenty for me. I don't want to get into changing to far from what Glock original.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#6]
OP we need pics!!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally got mine in.  Fixed what I thought it would.  I've never been able to consistently get the horizontal twitch out of my pull when the trigger breaks.  Couldn't feel if I was going straight back or not.  The AA trigger is flat and wide, so it's easy to pull straight and the twitch is gone (at least about 90% of it.)

It's comfortable, will eliminate glock finger. Looks really well made.

If you line it up with a stock trigger, you'll see that the bar is shorter.  This is how they reduce the pretravel.

Trigger safety has more of a firm springy feel than the loose stock.  It sits flat and smooth against the trigger face.  I've always filed down my trigger safeties to be flush so I appreciate this.

Pull is definitely shorter.  You have about 2mm of light pull, then it hits a bump in resistance.  From there, resistance starts out medium and ramps up smoothly and consistently to a peak before it snaps.  I wouldn't call the break a wall.  If you know what the graph looks like for an exponential, I'd say that's what it feels like.  The neat thing is that you can look at the trigger bar and see this same shape the way they grind it.

I still have my Ghost or Rocket connector in (the one without overtravel adjustment).

Pics:

ETA:  Since I know someone will ask, that is clothing lint on the inside from carrying all the time.  The next holster I make will be closed up on the bottom.  And yes that is a custom frame job and apparenlty no I don't care much about the finish or else I would clean it up.

2015-05-26_08-41-24 by Jon, on Flickr

2015-05-26_08-41-08 by Jon, on Flickr

2015-05-26_08-40-09 by Jon, on Flickr

2015-05-26_08-31-52 by Jon, on Flickr

2015-05-26_08-31-24 by Jon, on Flickr

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:11:09 AM EDT
[#8]
When you write that the pull is shorter, have they actually shortened the trigger takeup distance by not allowing it to reset as far forward as stock?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

When you write that the pull is shorter, have they actually shortened the trigger takeup distance by not allowing it to reset as far forward as stock?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Reset distance is from fully pulled back to how fat forward it has to go before you can pull again. I don't know if this changed but i suspect not.

But what i think you're asking,  the answer is yes. The trigger is,  in essence,  partially pulled
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#10]
They probably just took a bit of the pre travel out is all. That and/or the feeling of a flat trigger naturally makes the pull feel shorter, even if it isn't.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes.  The trigger bar is barely in the drop safety when fully rest so I'll have to do some drop testing on it.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I've tried two triggers that reduced pretravel (not the Agency Arms one) and after testing the drop safety with an armorer plate, and actually dropping the gun (intentionally) and having the striker be released... I'm not comfortable with any significant pretravel reduction.

Would definitely like to find a flat trigger that did not reduce pretravel though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I've tried two triggers that reduced pretravel (not the Agency Arms one) and after testing the drop safety with an armorer plate, and actually dropping the gun (intentionally) and having the striker be released... I'm not comfortable with any significant pretravel reduction.

Would definitely like to find a flat trigger that did not reduce pretravel though.
View Quote
Yeah i wish they made a carry version with more pretravel.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I messaged AA and they told me that they did drop testing and their triggers are "good to go."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top