Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2015 11:54:25 PM EDT
I use the standard OEM slide release on most of my Glocks except for 20. On the larger frame gun the extended 34/35 lever makes it a bit easier to reach. I've noticed that the release is a bit harder to press on my 43. Probably in part be used its new but it also seems a bit more difficult to get my hand in the right position for leverage on such a small pistol.

I'm thinking of trying the Vickers release but Ive never actually handled a pistol so equipped. For those who have, especially on the 42/43, how much difference does it make? I find that the factory extended lever is too long for me on the 17/19 causing my thumb to contact it during recoil.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:25:59 AM EDT
[#1]
It's GREAT.  I consider it a must for the G43 (as well as the Ghost Connector and better sights).  
The OEM slide-release/slide-stop IS too small and takes some effort to actuate--the Vickers is perfect because it's EASY to actuate but not huge or obtrusive.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#2]
We have them on all of our Glock's.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
My thumb rides on the G34 OEM slide release so the Vicker's is perfect.  It's the same length but it sticks out further.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:45:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I have them on all my Glocks, but find it is especially useful on my 42.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a slide stop

I haven't gotten one of my 43, but I have them on all my other glocks. I think they are a great improvement over the regular and extended OEM parts.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#6]
My only concern with the one I installed on my 43 is my support hand pushing it down and not allowing the slide to lock back after firing last round.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My only concern with the one I installed on my 43 is my support hand pushing it down and not allowing the slide to lock back after firing last round.
View Quote

That's why I don't use them.  I have big hands and don't need something easier to accidentally ride.  I wish that wasn't the case though because they look like they would be a nice addition.  I love the mag releases.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered one. Should be here next week.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's why I don't use them.  I have big hands and don't need something easier to accidentally ride.  I wish that wasn't the case though because they look like they would be a nice addition.  I love the mag releases.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ran 250rds thru the 43 yesterday with the VT slide release installed. It did exactly what I feared it would do, stopped the slide from locking back every time. On the other hand I examined the stock Glock release and the way I grip the 43 the stock release would do the same.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I have them on all of my Glocks. Im a lefty and the broad surface and texture makes locking the slide back with trigger finger, so as not to change grip, works really well with this.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:19:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same issue for me, and I have medium sized hands. I've learned to rack the slide over utilizing the slide stop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top