Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2015 11:10:05 AM EDT
So LWD came out with a "Match" SS locking block.  Says its for a 3 pin gen 3 guns.  So my ignorant question is will this fit a Gen 4?  Besides all the BS that can come with this question does anyone know if they use the same block?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So LWD came out with a "Match" SS locking block.  Says its for a 3 pin gen 3 guns.  So my ignorant question is will this fit a Gen 4?  Besides all the BS that can come with this question does anyone know if they use the same block?
View Quote

I'm not sure, but what does their "match" locking block do better than the factory one?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#2]
3 pin locking block is a 3 pin unless LWD has some special hoodoo that keeps it from working.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It is not mim for one, and it provides for a more positive and more consistent barrel lockup which in turn increases shot to shot accuracy.

There are several threads on gt that jr talks about the benefits of it. I got in on a half price initial offer and have shot with it twice. There is definitely a difference. It took the downward play out if the barrel when you push down on the hood. For $12 and eliminating mim it is worth it alone
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is not mim for one, and it provides for a more positive and more consistent barrel lockup which in turn increases shot to shot accuracy.

There are several threads on gt that jr talks about the benefits of it. I got in on a half price initial offer and have shot with it twice. There is definitely a difference. It took the downward play out if the barrel when you push down on the hood. For $12 and eliminating mim it is worth it alone
View Quote

Hm, interesting. I my have to buy one to throw in the 34.

Edit: Not interested for $25 though. If I could have gotten it at half price like you did I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Just talked to them on the phone.  They will work with Gen 4.  However the 50% off ended today... Apparently by the time I got off the phone and went to order.  And no there is no voodoo of BS and that's why I stated that in the beginning... Just looking for something ..... I'll leave it there. Oh and it's not Match that was my bad.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting idea. I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I have some money to play with.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Did the online chat and asked if they would still honor the 50% off today. They said no. I would have definitely got one at ~$13. Not interested in minimal accuracy increases for $25 plus shipping though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 17 with a Bar-Sto that is done really nice.  I had to fit it so after some research I filed the locking block... Cheapest part and achieved a solid tight fit.  The gun is very accurate and runs 100% and really like the idea of a solid block!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a 17 with a Bar-Sto that is done really nice.  I had to fit it so after some research I filed the locking block... Cheapest part and achieved a solid tight fit.  The gun is very accurate and runs 100% and really like the idea of a solid block!
View Quote

Good deal. I have run about 1000 through mine since I got it last Monday. I have a KKM which is nowhere near as nice as your bar-sto not as tight but it is a damn cry more accuracy than my stock barrel. With the KKM and locking block it fit perfectly. I definitely noticed an increase in accuracy over the stock block off the bench. Maybe a 1/4" or so at 25 yards.

I am going to put them in all of my guns I like them so much.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably be cheaper once Brownells has them with the trade discounts.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:56:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm just not sure there's a problem with the stock Glock one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd try one at $12-13, but that retail price is too high to make it outside of the tinkerer group.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#13]
People spend a lot more than $25 on whiz-bang goodies chasing the "ultimate" accuracy from their pistols. I'd probably try one on one of my competition Glocks, but I doubt I'd buy them for every Glock I own.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
People spend a lot more than $25 on whiz-bang goodies chasing the "ultimate" accuracy from their pistols. I'd probably try one on one of my competition Glocks, but I doubt I'd buy them for every Glock I own.
View Quote

Downright cheap if it works. I'm interested.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#15]
If you have crappy accuracy out of your glock, I would measure the barrel to hood clearance with feeler gauges. You would be suprised. I've measured some that had crappy accuracy at .004 and the ones with good accuracy were .002 and below. Might not seem like much but it was enough to notice the play in the barrel to hood compared to the tighter ones that was almost had no play.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#16]
If any of my Glocks were MIM I'd buy it just to replace that CRAP!

Now, all MIM parts that Glock uses can be replaced by non-MIM parts
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can someone explain with pics where you measuse the "barrel to hood" at?
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Good deal. I have run about 1000 through mine since I got it last Monday. I have a KKM which is nowhere near as nice as your bar-sto not as tight but it is a damn cry more accuracy than my stock barrel. With the KKM and locking block it fit perfectly. I definitely noticed an increase in accuracy over the stock block off the bench. Maybe a 1/4" or so at 25 yards.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1/4" ain't much at all, I wouldn't notice that offhand.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't shoot good enough to notice a 1/4" difference at 25 yards.  Don't know anyone who could and I shoot with some USPSA GMs.  

FWIW, my Austrian Gen4s have no narrel play at all, my USA ones do.  They both shoot the same...
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
I've replaced the strikers and extractors in my Glocks that were infected with MIM.
A steel locking block and they will be as good as a mint Gen 2 Glock (I removed the finger grooves too).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top