Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2015 9:28:41 PM EDT
Here's a couple pics taken earlier from my brother in laws machine shop of the slide lightening. It's basic and he could have done much much more with it but frankly we were both in a rush. (The CNC we were using was SUPPOSED to be working on a big production job actually making money - not doing free brother in law work. Lol)
Anyway, we'll be milling for the Deltapoint tomorrow then Tuesday it'll be off to be cerakoted. Will post more pics along the way for those interested.

PS: Yes the pics were taken from my crappy cell phone meanwhile there was a nice Nikon camera in the background I could have used.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Your balls clank dude. I'd be scared shitless to do that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your balls clank dude. I'd be scared shitless to do that.

View Quote

If you saw the kind of parts that come out this shop...

Let's just say milling a gun slide ain't shit. I have 110% confidence in his machining capabilities.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks pretty sweet.  Do you know what kind of RSA you will be using, or will you just have to test different weights until you get a reliable one?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks pretty sweet.  Do you know what kind of RSA you will be using, or will you just have to test different weights until you get a reliable one?
View Quote

Not sure. From what I gather, SS rod with a 15lb spring seems to be a pretty common setup for lightened slides.

Probably going to see how it runs with factory RSA and go from there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not sure. From what I gather, SS rod with a 15lb spring seems to be a pretty common setup for lightened slides.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen slide lightened run stock springs no issue but since you are toying with it I would order a few different weight springs and tune it.  It can make a difference if you plan on this being a comp pistol.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#6]
The work looks nice and clean, but I have to ask why do this?
If you just want a different looking pistol, then you definitely have one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lighter slide = flatter shooting gun.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This and what color cerakote?

And why Deltapoint over RMR?  Serious question.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To a point, I suppose.
The 34 is inherently a laser as designed.
As I said, it looks nice, and it's yours. Have at it.
I too would like to know the color, and will you choose a contrast for the barrel, as more will be visible through the lightning holes?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sniper grey. And I like the features of the Deltapoint over the RMR. Not to mention a considerably bigger window than the RMR offers.

Barrel is being done in TiN, so gold.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sniper grey. And I like the features of the Deltapoint over the RMR. Not to mention a considerably bigger window than the RMR offers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Friend of mine and I are researching the mini rds

What features other than window over the bigger window?  He seems to think the dot on the RMR is too big.  He likes ultra small dots for some reason.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What features other than window over the bigger window?  He seems to think the dot on the RMR is too big.  He likes ultra small dots for some reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too small is going to be a pain in the ass to pick up between shots IMO. I'm going with the 3.5MOA. I feel like that's a nice size for shooting 25 yards an in, which is about all I do with pistols.
Deltapoint also offers an automatic off and on. When you pick up the gun, it has a motion sensor that automatically puts the dot on, as well as automatically adjusts brightness. You can go to Leupolds website and see all the features. IMO, it's a nicer sight than the RMR. Plus the RMR is a steep price. The Deltapoint is every bit as sturdy, if not more sturdy than an RMR, beings it has a magnesium housing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is the Deltapoint cutout for those following:

Instead of pocket milling it like a lot of people do, I had him mill it so that the back of the Deltapoint will be flush with the slide because as some of you know, the Deltapoint has set screws that have to be accessed from the rear and if it isn't accessible, requires you to pull the sight off - I'm not down for all that bullshit.

I'm not running a rear sight obviously. The Glock I shot with an RMR didn't have a rear and I loved it. I feel like it would just take up unnecessary space in the red dot window. I will be running a front sight though just to aid in picking up the dot.

Sending off to be cerakoted tomorrow. Next pics will be when it returns from there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Looking good man. Looking forward to seeing the completed pics.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looking good man. Looking forward to seeing the completed pics.
View Quote

Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/wCQjlFA.jpg

Instead of pocket milling it like a lot of people do, I had him mill it so that the back of the Deltapoint will be flush with the slide because as some of you know, the Deltapoint has set screws that have to be accessed from the rear and if it isn't accessible, requires you to pull the sight off - I'm not down for all that bullshit.

I'm not running a rear sight obviously. The Glock I shot with an RMR didn't have a rear and I loved it. I feel like it would just take up unnecessary space in the red dot window. I will be running a front sight though just to aid in picking up the dot.

Sending off to be cerakoted tomorrow. Next pics will be when it returns from there.
View Quote

Looks cool.  You could always do a vertical white line on the back of the deltapoint for a rear reference point with the front sight in case the leupold goes down.

Did you take your own measurements for the optic milling or are the specs for all them out there?  My buddy owns a machine shop that does lots of stock pieces for a big bow company and think he could do it.  I'm using an rmr and often see that done with bosses that I don't see in yours.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Looks cool.  You could always do a vertical white line on the back of the deltapoint for a rear reference point with the front sight in case the leupold goes down.

Did you take your own measurements for the optic milling or are the specs for all them out there?  My buddy owns a machine shop that does lots of stock pieces for a big bow company and think he could do it.  I'm using an rmr and often see that done with bosses that I don't see in yours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/wCQjlFA.jpg

We didn't do the bosses simply because I didn't have the red dot on hand to know what kind of tolerances we were dealing with.
I had someone give me the drawing of it. I won't disclose who it was because the company did me a huge favor and I don't think they'd want me telling anyone they gave me the info.
BTW - I asked a LOT of companies for the info before someone would come off of it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#18]
At this point the gun won't be shootable for at least 4-6 weeks as Leupold is seriously dragging their feet on fulfilling a seemingly country wide back order on Deltapoints.

I've only found a couple random places in stock asking 30-40% above normal prices...
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Looks good so far.  I'd buy a Zev guide rod and assortment of springs from 11 lbs to 17 lbs.  Start with the stock weight (17 lbs) and keep going lighter until it has problems, then go back up to the next heaviest spring.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Looks good so far.  I'd buy a Zev guide rod and assortment of springs from 11 lbs to 17 lbs.  Start with the stock weight (17 lbs) and keep going lighter until it has problems, then go back up to the next heaviest spring.
View Quote

Thanks. It'll be great when I can find an optic to mount on it to actually shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Found what I'm 99% sure was the last one in existence. (lol)

White Owl optics had ONE left. Paid $400 for it which was higher than if I waited 2 months for back orders but screw all that.

I really hope this place is good to go because I've never heard of them and couldn't find anything on them online good or bad.... Website seemed legit and all.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Slide will be back from being cerakoted tomorrow. Will post pics as soon as it's in my possession of course. Deltapoint should be here Monday. Also ordered a ss guide rod and different ISMI springs to try out. Gave in and ordered a Lone Wolf billet locking block too. All I'll be waiting on is the barrel which is about a week out still for TiN.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:19:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a balance between parts and ammo.  Why do you think they make tungsten guide rods to get the weight out front?  There will be less reciprocating mass...so that should help a bit with recoil...to your point.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:21:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looking good.
View Quote

Thanks man.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Cool. Slide just came in.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/FGJ2v4F.jpg?1
View Quote

Dammit need assembled pics!
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything will be here by the middle of next week EXCEPT the barrel so I STILL won't have a fully assembled pic. :(
Barrel is still approximately a week out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#29]
As long as UPS AND USPS don't drop the ball, I'll have tomorrow: Lone Wolf Billet locking block, Lone Wolf SS guide rod and 15lb ISMI recoil spring, Deltapoint 3.5MOA, and I figured what the hell, let's throw a Surefire X300 Ultra under it too. Oh, and a new holster to accommodate the gun w/ Surefire X300.

Then Thursday things went well for me in court with my son's custody and I now pay a tiny fraction of what I was paying in child support....so I said screw it and ordered a case of 9mm, some 5.56, and some more Glock 17rnd 9mm mags. :D
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks pretty fuarking juicy m8. TST
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're one cheeky kunt m8 I swear.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#32]
myron
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Woodberry dat slide in my angus....

Hhhnnngggggggggggg
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

r3port3d
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

So far so good OP
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So far so good OP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far so good OP

Thanks man!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Looking pretty good so far.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, everything got to me. Just waiting on that pesky barrel which should ship out Thursday so I'll have it early next week.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Nice.  No concern that the fiber optic front sight will be confusing with the red dot?  I have plain black sights on mine as I would think the sight picture could get confusing with a colored front sight.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nice.  No concern that the fiber optic front sight will be confusing with the red dot?  I have plain black sights on mine as I would think the sight picture could get confusing with a colored front sight.
View Quote

Guess I'll find out, but I don't foresee any issues with confusion. The red on the f/o front still has some black around it where it's held in place so it's not like it's a floating red dot like the red dot on the Deltapoint is.
If any issues come up I'll swap it with a serrated black front.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Went ahead and ordered a Zev Tech lightened striker and some WOLFF 4.5lb striker springs as well. Should yield 100% ignition with any primers and make for about a 3-3.5lb trigger along with everything else already done to it. (Polish, lightened plunger spring, etc...)
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Also, this 1K of Blazer Brass I just got in makes just over 3K rounds of Blazer Brass I'm sitting on. So that gives me plenty of CCI primers to try out to see how reliable primer ignition will be with the 4.5lb striker spring since CCI primers are the hardest to set off.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks GEAT!!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Looks GEAT!!!!
View Quote

Thanks! :)
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Also, this 1K of Blazer Brass I just got in makes just over 3K rounds of Blazer Brass I'm sitting on. So that gives me plenty of CCI primers to try out to see how reliable primer ignition will be with the 4.5lb striker spring since CCI primers are the hardest to set off.

http://i.imgur.com/Cu98co9.jpg
View Quote

3K that like 3-4 range trips?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typical range trip is around 400-500 rounds for me, so probably about 5 or 6 trips. I'm shooting around 1200 rounds a month the last 3-4 months or so.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Typical range trip is around 400-500 rounds for me, so probably about 5 or 6 trips. I'm shooting around 1200 rounds a month the last 3-4 months or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am about the same but I also shoot 45/9
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My two main calibers are 9mm and 5.56.
Averaging about 600 rounds a month in 5.56. I don't shoot my rifles nearly as much as pistols. Used to be the other way around, but the last year or so I've been getting deeper into my pistols for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Averaging about 600 rounds a month in 5.56. I don't shoot my rifles nearly as much as pistols. Used to be the other way around, but the last year or so I've been getting deeper into my pistols for some reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because pistols are that much fun.  I have a recoil addiction.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Barrel tracking info says Monday. Hoping USPS will run a little early like they do occasionally and deliver it tomorrow.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top