Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 12:29:20 PM EDT
How much pre and over travel can actually be adjusted out of the pull?
What kind of pull weights can be achieved without fooling with striker springs?
I hear a LOT of people complain that the ZEV triggers feel mushy - any truth to this?

Seriously considering buying one for my 34, but not if it isn't worth it.

Right now I'm using the OEM "-" connector, ZEV plus power trigger spring, ZEV safety plunger spring, and a polish job and the trigger feels super crisp, very positive reset, and is probably at about 4lbs.

Not going to drop almost $200 on the ZEV trigger to get maybe half a pound off the pull and a mushy trigger. (If that's true.)

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two of the Fulcrum "Ultimate" kits and two of Zev's Standard "Ultimate" kits (Production/SSP legal). They are all VERY nice triggers.

As for how much pre/post travel you can adjust out of them... If you have the time and the patience, you can pretty much adjust it ALL out. I mention time and patience because you have to remove the trigger block every time you adjust it, so it would be a LOT of disassembling and reassembling to get it dialed-in that tight. Personally, I did a bunch of adjusting on the first one I bought, but I'm shooting the other three just like they came out of the package. It's already adjusted pretty well by default.

Compared to a stock trigger (I still have plenty of Glocks with close-to-factory triggers), I don't notice any mushiness. Everyone who has shot one of mine has commented on how good the trigger feels. Even some of those "Glock triggers are perfect out of the box" type guys. I run the factory striker springs. I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but I'd say they are pretty firmly in the 4.5# range based on my experience.

I have another Gen 4 G19 showing up tomorrow, and I'm probably going to put another Zev Standard trigger (drop-in this time, using the factory striker and spring) in it. I like them a lot. I think they're worth the money.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have two of the Fulcrum "Ultimate" kits and two of Zev's Standard "Ultimate" kits (Production/SSP legal). They are all VERY nice triggers.

As for how much pre/post travel you can adjust out of them... If you have the time and the patience, you can pretty much adjust it ALL out. I mention time and patience because you have to remove the trigger block every time you adjust it, so it would be a LOT of disassembling and reassembling to get it dialed-in that tight. Personally, I did a bunch of adjusting on the first one I bought, but I'm shooting the other three just like they came out of the package. It's already adjusted pretty well by default.

Compared to a stock trigger (I still have plenty of Glocks with close-to-factory triggers), I don't notice any mushiness. Everyone who has shot one of mine has commented on how good the trigger feels. Even some of those "Glock triggers are perfect out of the box" type guys. I run the factory striker springs. I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but I'd say they are pretty firmly in the 4.5# range based on my experience.

I have another Gen 4 G19 showing up tomorrow, and I'm probably going to put another Zev Standard trigger (drop-in this time, using the factory striker and spring) in it. I like them a lot. I think they're worth the money.
View Quote

Thanks for this. I guess I need to feel one before I buy one.
Sounds good, but I hate to drop the money on it for it to not be all I thought it would be.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah. They are definitely a big investment. If you have the chance to try one, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

That being said, I just picked-up my new G19 over lunch, so now I'm browsing through trigger kits trying to decide which one to buy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah. They are definitely a big investment. If you have the chance to try one, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

That being said, I just picked-up my new G19 over lunch, so now I'm browsing through trigger kits trying to decide which one to buy.
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#5]
If I'm following correctly, the drop in trigger itself doesn't lower the pull weight at all, but simply allows you to be able to adjust pre and over travel? To actually adjust trigger pull weight you still have to do traditional stuff like connector, springs, etc, no?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#6]
There are 3 levels...

1. Just the trigger and trigger bar ($150) - Lets you adjust pre/post travel and has a polished trigger bar. No other parts or springs included.

2. The "drop-in" kit ($180) - Has the trigger, trigger bar, trigger mechanism block (complete with ejector and connector), striker block and springs. If you plan to use the factory striker and spring, this is all you need.

3. The "Ultimate" kit ($250) - Has everything the drop-in kit has, but adds the lightened striker.

The prices I listed are their MSRP. You can usually find them a bit cheaper online if you look.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#7]
My Zev G17 came with the full kit in it......it's light, about 3.5 or 4 pounds, but the reset kinda feels like it "drags".

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I used the Ultimate kit in my G23 and a drop in kit in my G27.
You can adjust them too far. I was getting unintentional double taps from recoil.
I just gave it a little more over travel.

Mushy is the last thing I could say about my ZEV triggers.
No felt "wall". Just a nice, smooth pull.

I love them and both weapons are carried.

Both are Fulcrum triggers.
I really don't feel the skelontonized striker is necessary.
On the G27, I just polished the stock striker.

Great triggers.

Dave N
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:06:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I like this thread, I've been kicking around the idea to drop in the basic fulcrum trigger to get rid of some pre travel. I'd leave everything else stock...good idea? LGS has one for a bit under MSRP.

I also understand if you take out too much pretravel you can run the risk of disabling the striker safety. True?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:03:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I also understand if you take out too much pretravel you can run the risk of disabling the striker safety. True?
View Quote

From what I've seen in the video reviews and installs, yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top