Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2015 8:05:42 PM EDT
What has been the solution to ths problem. I have done some research to this on the net and the solutions seem to be all over the place and no real answer.  My glock 30S has about 500 rounds through it and has done it from round 1. I shot 150 rounds yesterday and I had 20-30 to the face,neck,shoulder,head ect.

I am an experienced shooter I am not limp wresting the pistol.

My reloads are:

3.7 grains of clays pushing a 230 grain plated round nose

4.0 grains of clays pushing a 200 grain hard cast(21) round nose.

The hard cast have some hang ups if I don't run a bore brush through the bbl every few mags. I am not concerned about this. It is the brass to the face that is pissing me off.

Thanks

UPDATE:

I went to the ranger today. I brought some of the same reloads as stated above ( the pated round nose). I also brought a box of 50 ameican eagle 230 gr FMJ. I also had 40 rounds of federal aluminum 230gr ball. All factory 230 gr ball ejected perfectly at 5 o'clock pattern. Not one to the head. I tried my reloads again and they were hitting me in the head again. I could feel the difference in the motion of the slide with both loads. My reloads were weaker but my more accurate.

I tried my reloads in my xds and It was fine. No brass to head and ran perfect.

I guess the glock needs more power behind it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I just completed a CCW class (again) with mine that I recently purchased- experienced the same thing with brass hitting me in the face.  I was shooting mostly reloads of unknown recipe that the instructor was providing.  Shot about 75 rounds or so and ended up with probably 5 to the forehead.  

I'm following this hoping for a solution.

Did you notice yours hitting ~ 5-6" high?  We were shooting at about 50 ft and I was aiming a the bottom 3rd of a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and it was consistently hitting in the top 3rd.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
My gun was shooting left about 4 inches. I drifted my rear sight to the right. It wasn't enough so I drifted it more and I over hung the slide a tad. Thank god it was to much. I was shooting to the right at this point so I made the rear sight flush with the slide. I will test it soon but it should be ok. My 200 grain projectiles were shooting high at 15 yards. About 5-6inches. My 230 grain projectiles wre shooting high as well at 15 yards. About 3 inches.

If you were shooting 185 grain projectiles you would be high at that distance. I think 230's are the way to go. I would think at 25 yards my gun should be ok.

The gun is very nice. It is just the brass thing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Lou have you chrono yoir reloads? Im shooting 4.7g of Hodgdon tight group  avg  850fps.  No btf issues with mine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I get BTF with my G36 if my loads are too light,with factory FMJ or defensive ammo I get nice consistent 4:00 ejection.This same G36 printed  3" high at 15yds also,I corrected it by installing 9mm sights on it.Thing is a tackdriver.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lou have you chrono yoir reloads? Im shooting 4.7g of Hodgdon tight group  avg  850fps.  No btf issues with mine.
View Quote

I do not have a chronograph.

I can try a hotter load. What weight projectile is the 4.7 tite group for? I didn't want to push the clays. People say when you go over max, pressure builds fast.

I have on hand:
Clays
Tite group
W231
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Lou I'm shooting 230g xtreme  plated with the 4.7g titegroup. No over pressure issues, bulged primers etc. I'd try to load up 50 or so and see how that works. For me clays was very inconsistent. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the xtream plated 230 gr projectiles. I will load up 50 and try it out. I usually use clays for my hard cast projectiles.

I like w231 and tite group a lot
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Took mine out and shot 100 230 gr WWB through it and brass went where it should to the 4 o'clock.  As you guys said earlier- underpowered rounds will hit you in the face...
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Update in original post.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:09:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I use 5.0g of Bullseye shooting Xtreme 200g fp and 230g rn.  No brass to face at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top