Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2015 8:27:51 PM EDT
Hello I was hoping to find some help getting an estimated value for a 1st Gen G17 in  1. Excellent Condition and   2. Good Condition.

Just looking for "ball park" figures.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on who is the buyer .... Some see them as collectors maybe 6-700 to someone looking for it.  350-500 to average Joe if they are interested.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:52:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Best advice I can give is to search on Gunbroker and watch like items to see what they SELL for, Not ASK.

It really depends on who the buyer is and how much they are willing to pay.

A first gen is rare, but they are out there.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best advice I can give is to search on Gunbroker and watch like items to see what they SELL for, Not ASK.

View Quote

Then the question is what would you pay for one if it was sitting on the shelf in front of you what number would be the most you would throw at it because you have to have it?   If I was faced with one of these pistols and it had a price of 399 on it I would get it.  Anymore and I think I would just find a used Gen3 for around the same price.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#4]
In great condition with the original internals and the box you might get collector money for it ($6-700).  Otherwise it's probably going to bring $350-400.  I think I paid somewhere around $400 for mine just because I wanted one for the "collection".
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Then the question is what would you pay for one if it was sitting on the shelf in front of you what number would be the most you would throw at it because you have to have it?   If I was faced with one of these pistols and it had a price of 399 on it I would get it.  Anymore and I think I would just find a used Gen3 for around the same price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess if you gotta have it, Get it. But honestly unless everything is there original (Box, paperwork, etc) and in pristine condition.

Why would you pay more or much more for a used gun?

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't noticed Glocks of any flavor attaining collector status.  A Gen 1 is just a used Glock.  $350 to $400 depending on condition.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:20:44 AM EDT
[#7]
It would sell as a "preban" in states like CT and MA at a premium.  I am guessing at least $700 but you should ask in those HTFs.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I think there was a recall on the 1st gen due to it going full auto after getting worn in.  It may have just been on the 22, but I'm fairly sure it was the 17, too.

Maybe a Glock historian can chime in on this.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I've seen them for $300-$325 mark pretty regularly. I personally wouldn't pay more than $300 unless it was pristine with the box and docs. Otherwise it is just a used gun that has been superseded by several generations.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Last 1st Gen 17 I bought was $500
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess it depends on where you live.

I've seen a crate of Gen 1 Glocks for $350/ea at a gun show a while back.

I've seen them go for wacky prices.

But I don't see why they'd command a higher price than a comparable condition Glock Gen (whatever).
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#13]
For me it was more about availability. I've been looking for a 1st gen 17 for 5 years. The one I bought was one of 3 that I have seen since I started looking.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:14:06 PM EDT
[#14]
The thing is they are not usually advertised as gen 1's so they can be hard to pick out of a crowd of Glocks. The ones that are advertised as Gen 1 are the pistols guys add the premium to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top