User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/rUD5Tr" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7627/17004612575_eac1bfe916_b.jpg</a>DSC_5850 by The Dorsal Fin, on Flickr

both?
View Quote

Only if you have a grand rattling around in your pocket begging to be spent.

(I don't.)
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I was all set to buy a 19 when my GSSF coupon gets here,  then I handled and shot a G17.4 yesterday.  Now I'm not so sure about the 19. Never even considered the 17 before.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer the 17 as I can grip much higher compared to the 19 due to the "hump".

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
By "both?" he meant get a 17 and chop it down to a G19L (for ease of concealment, with the longer sight radius).  
I'm still trying to man up enough to do it, but I just like the extra grip on my 17 EVEN though the 19 isn't too small for my hands--I'd like to believe this great feeling will translate to the 19L, but if it doesn't I'll regret the cut.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm kinda the odd man out.  I like a bit more grip area than the 19 provides, and like a shorter barrel/slide than the 17 has.  I don't care for the finger humps on either model, or any pistol for that matter.  So I build my own, 19 with extended back strap and no finger humps.  Fits perfect now.  If I had to pick between the two, unmodified, my vote goes to the 19.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 7:46:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm kinda the odd man out.  I like a bit more grip area than the 19 provides, and like a shorter barrel/slide than the 17 has.  I don't care for the finger humps on either model, or any pistol for that matter.  So I build my own, 19 with extended back strap and no finger humps.  Fits perfect now.  If I had to pick between the two, unmodified, my vote goes to the 19.  

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/DSC_0025_zpsd8b34347.jpg

TXPO
View Quote

That's hot. What did you start with. Details are in order.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TXPO

A standard blue label Austrian 4th Gen G19.  Frame work: Grip reduction with back strap extension, finger hump removal, undercut trigger guard, texturing.  All fire controls are stock, but I am running a 3rd gen smooth trigger.

Slide work: Machine work done by MOD1 firearms, I haven't gotten mine up and running yet.  Front serrations, slanted so it doesn't hang up in ALS duty holsters, 45 degree cuts on all the sides. and recess cuts in the top, just for looks, finished in MOD1 gray Cerakote. KKM fitted barrel, Zev reduced striker block spring, early 3rd gen machined extractor.  Trijicon HD sights, orange front.  That just about covers everything.  Pistol has been 100% reliable, with every type of ammo including some steel cased crap.

TXPO
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Both work for me, so I opted for the 19.  The 17 fits slightly better, but not enough to justify carrying a larger pistol.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A standard blue label Austrian 4th Gen G19.  Frame work: Grip reduction with back strap extension, finger hump removal, undercut trigger guard, texturing.  All fire controls are stock, but I am running a 3rd gen smooth trigger.

Slide work: Machine work done by MOD1 firearms, I haven't gotten mine up and running yet.  Front serrations, slanted so it doesn't hang up in ALS duty holsters, 45 degree cuts on all the sides. and recess cuts in the top, just for looks, finished in MOD1 gray Cerakote. KKM fitted barrel, Zev reduced striker block spring, early 3rd gen machined extractor.  Trijicon HD sights, orange front.  That just about covers everything.  Pistol has been 100% reliable, with every type of ammo including some steel cased crap.

TXPO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TXPO

TXPO

Very nice. How did you do the back strap extension?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#11]
for what it's worth, i won a 17 gen 3 rtf2 and a gen 4 27.. i love the 17 and love the 27 with an extended base plate/extension on the mag for my pinky...i need to get around to the 19.. one day...
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#12]
He's Boresight Solutions.  He can do anything.  That's pure, ground up unicorn horn magic right there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#13]
G19 grip is too small for my hands, so i prefer the G17.  The  G26 also fits my hands better than the 19 because my pinky goes beneath the gun.  

Try both and find what works for YOU.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He's Boresight Solutions Cold Bore Customs.  He can do anything.  That's pure, ground up unicorn horn magic right there.
View Quote

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I like the 17 better. For whatever reason (I think finger grooves) the G19 just doesn't fit right. I absolutely love my new gen 4 G17. It fits my hand well, it shoots well, the new texture is very grippy without being abrasive, and the new mag catch allows me to drop a mag without changing my firing grip, and still stay in USPSA production class. I am seriously considering buying a second gen 4 G17 at the end of this year once I've put this one through its paces, for use as a primary competition and backup defense pistol.

ETA: This is more of an endorsement for the gen 4 than the G17. Buy whichever you think suits you best. There's a reason there are so many Glock models and so many substitute pistol manufacturers. Everyone is different.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TXPO

TXPO

Ancient Chinese secret.  Actually a process I came up with and have been testing for the past year for durability.  I built three of them, two were mine, a 3rd gen and my 4th gen G19.  The third was for a customer/ instructor who had orders to beat the crap out of it to make sure it wouldn't fail.  Zero failure rate, so I will be adding that modification option to the website soon.  It will be a limited production though, as I use parent Glock polymer frame material.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

(I don't.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/rUD5Tr" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7627/17004612575_eac1bfe916_b.jpg</a>DSC_5850 by The Dorsal Fin, on Flickr

both?

(I don't.)

No he did that work himself
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

both?

(I don't.)

The question was which one to get and he said "both".

It takes a grand or more to buy both, hence my reply.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#19]
G34 and g19.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 6:28:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

both?

(I don't.)

Oh, well you still missed his point. He said "both" as in a 2 in 1. Thats a 17 with a 19 size grip..."both". he didnt necessarily mean get 2 guns...
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

TXPO
View Quote

A little off topic but do you notice accuracy improvements with the KKM? I know Kyle Defoor highly endorses one for a G19 but that dude also makes A zone hits at 75 yards.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

A little off topic but do you notice accuracy improvements with the KKM? I know Kyle Defoor highly endorses one for a G19 but that dude also makes A zone hits at 75 yards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TXPO

In a word....yes

TXPO
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top