Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2015 2:15:29 PM EDT

Description
Per Amazon the Ameriglo CAP sight is "a high visibility, low profile sight system designed for personal security situations. Designed by retired law enforcement officer, author and combat pistol instructor Dave Spaulding and AmeriGlo's Rick Callihan: The CAP sight enables shooters to reference their front sight even in times of high stress like armed conflict. The front sight is a combination of tritium (by Trijicon) and a phosphorescent paint which is a very bright orange in the daylight and the tritium glows green at night . The rear sight is an affective notch-style with a slightly wider and deeper notch than on a stock sight. The Rear sight ihas a line that is a phosphorescent paint. No tritium on the rear sight. At close range, the shooter needs to place the front sight in the rear window and press the trigger. For precision shots, place the orange square on top of the orange sight line for instant alignment. The sights are kept as close to the bore line as possible for faster visual access. Fast and highly visible, the shooter covers what they want to hit, which simplifies sight picture / alignment."

Per Amazon the Ameriglo Defoor Tactical Sights have a "Fixed flat-black rear sight w/serrated front.  Are Ideal for Competition.  Front sight width is .115" and .150" rear sight notch"

Per Amazon the Ameriglo Pro-I "features a .180" squared rear notch.  Rear extend to end of slide and has an under-cut face to eliminate glare.  Front sight has a .140" wide front sight."

Read the full review here: http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2015/03/ameriglo-cap-defoor-pro-i-dot-glock.html
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Pro I dot and love the sights !!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have CAP sights on 2 guns, they work as advertised. I go back and forth between them and Trijicon HDs as my favorite. The CAP are more comfortable and low profile for carry.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I've tried all those Ameriglo sights, and most every aftermarket sight, and found the rear notches to be too wide for me.

I like a .125"/.125", or a .115"/120".

I've always shot my fastest and best with a tighter sight picture.  My hits just go to shit when I use the sloppier sights.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I have actually sold my Trijicon HDs and have come to prefer the Defoor style.

In low-light environments - with a light attached or in hand, I can see the outline very crisply.

For competition I have moved to the Sevigny flat black rear and Dawson serrated front.

For me this all-black, flat/serrated combo has been the best for speed and accuracy - also minimizing distraction from dots or fiber optics

The Defoors are like a "low profile defensive" version of competition sights.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the Ameriglo Green/Green Proglo front sight with the Operator rear sight with Yellow Tritium, I like the Operator as they don't have white outlines around the vials and its very much like a solid black sight in daylight.

The front measures .140 and the notch on the rear is .150 so its a tighter sight picture.

After trying several different types of sights I have settled on this being my favorite.

I have a Sig P320 and wanted the same combo, but they discontinued the Yellow Operators for Sigs...

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the read guys
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have actually sold my Trijicon HDs and have come to prefer the Defoor style.

In low-light environments - with a light attached or in hand, I can see the outline very crisply.

For competition I have moved to the Sevigny flat black rear and Dawson serrated front.

For me this all-black, flat/serrated combo has been the best for speed and accuracy - also minimizing distraction from dots or fiber optics

The Defoors are like a "low profile defensive" version of competition sights.
View Quote

That's what happens when you shoot a lot and actually get better.  You go to plain black sights.  Until you go blind, then you try to get a neon sign up front.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I've tried and liked i-dots okay--not bad, but not great.  
Prior to my current WC Battlesights, I liked the Defoors best (I like a thin front sight), but it turns out I like the U-shaped rear notch and a TALLER front sight more (seems easier/faster to pick up).

I get a lot of crap for my preferred set up--I have the Vickers Wilson Combat Battlesights BUT I have a FIBER OPTIC in the front and a tritium in the rear.
My logic is that I like the STRAIGHT-EIGHT look during the day and even in dim light I can make out the front fine.  I'd be fine with a painted dot but all they offer is all black and tritium rears.  Vickers himself seemed displeased with my muddled miscegenation of his sights.  
But in the DARK, I use a flashlight, so the outline of the front sight is there (even though I do have a little glowing dot in the rear).

--
That said, I'm ALSO trying out the new Frank Proctor Y-Notch sights which have a VERY thin front and rear notch for accuracy, but it's FO and has angles opened up towards the top of the rear for speed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I enjoyed the defoors.

If I did it again I'd opt for the .130 rear, I too like a tighter sight picture
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I enjoyed the defoors.

View Quote

On which gun? 34, 17, 19? Just curious. Considering getting a second 19 and thinking of going all black sights on it to try something different.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

On which gun? 34, 17, 19? Just curious. Considering getting a second 19 and thinking of going all black sights on it to try something different.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I enjoyed the defoors.

Had em on a g23 which I ended up selling to ironhandjohn for like $300 bucks.

Just picked up another 17.4 this evening to convert to a 19L - this thread has me wanting to get a set of black sights for it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:06:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Are you converting it yourself or sending it off?  
I'm trying to get up the nerve to do it myself--I'm okay with a dremel, and have done stippling to good effect.  
Any advice--I've seen one youtube video on it, and he did most of the "finishing" by hand (not dremel).  
I'm mainly worried about getting the angle right.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I have the defoors on my 21. My groups are tighter, I have a better outlook on life, and I no longer have to wait in line at the DMV.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I have sets of the Defoor's on my G17, and my two G19's. All are used mainly for range and USPSA use.  I really like the all black and crisp sight picture. No dots or lines to distract my aging eyes. I find the Defoor sights to have a very good balance of space between the notch and size of the front sight blade to make accurate shots.

Plus I'm cheap and you really can't beat the price of the Defoor's for a quality set of metal sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top