Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2015 9:14:41 AM EDT
Well now that the 43 is here, I guess we can all stop complaining that Glock doesn't make a SS 9mm. While I'm glad it's finally here and I realize that size wise, the 43 is probably what most people wanted (although I think most were hoping for 7+1 capacity like the Shield?) it's not really what I was hoping for...

I was hoping for what I would call a Glock Lightweight Commander in 9mm. Basically a single stack G19 with 9+1 capacity (10+1 would be awesome but 9+1 is more realistic without increasing grip length or ext. magazines). Like the 43, I would like it not to have finger grooves and while I could deal with a rail, I'd prefer it without. To me that would be the ultimate EDC CCW piece with the 43 being a nice back up for deep concealment or possibly pocket carry.

So is it just me or would you guys like to see a SS G19 too?

(BTW - I know, don't hold my breath )
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  The 43 is fucking stupid.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope. I don't have an issue with the width of a G19 for the times it can be carried (most of the time) and would want to lose 5 rds. For time when the G19 is to big then the overall size needs to be smaller, not just the width. The G43 is what fits for those situations. A single stack G19 holds no appeal for me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope. I don't have an issue with the width of a G19 for the times it can be carried (most of the time) and would want to lose 5 rds. For time when the G19 is to big then the overall size needs to be smaller, not just the width. The G43 is what fits for those situations. A single stack G19 holds no appeal for me.
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

My thoughts as well. A single stack with the same height as a 19 holds no interest for me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I want a 10+1 SS G19.

Just call it the 19s
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#6]
The starship model, the one that started it all is a double stack 9MM, the 17. It's the only one I have. Why people are going bat shit crazy over the 42, when 380 is not only smaller but also more expensive. And the 43, a single stack. You could probably just as easily conceal a 19 or one of their other models which have more capacity.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The starship model, the one that started it all is a double stack 9MM, the 17. It's the only one I have. Why people are going bat shit crazy over the 42, when 380 is not only smaller but also more expensive. And the 43, a single stack. You could probably just as easily conceal a 19 or one of their other models which have more capacity.
View Quote

You guys fucking crack me up. You all sound like you've never actually carried concealed.

Of course the G43 will be easier to carry, it should fit just about anywhere a J frame fits. If you don't like it, continue on with you G19.

Yes, I prefer to carry my G19, but there are times that just doesn't work well. I have never been able to carry a full size gun in formal attire, and that may be because I only wear formal attire a few times a year.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah I will put my G19.4 in my front pocket of my slacks in the bank I work at.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My thoughts as well. A single stack with the same height as a 19 holds no interest for me.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  I would just carry a G19 instead.  A G19 is VERY concealable IMO.  A SS sized G19 would be a total flop and sell worse than the G36.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
It should have been a G17 single stack.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#11]
A single stack with the same height as a 19 holds no interest for me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm a big fan of the G19. I've got a G26 for times when ankle carry is the only option. I will most likely be getting a G43 for a thinner option--I anticipate pocket carry here, which I don't particularly like the G26 for, just too chunky, brickinthepocket for me.

Regarding the OP's interest in a G19 sized single stack, I know I'd get one because I like the idea of it as described. I'm just not sure in what carry scenarios I'd actually use it...
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#13]
You know what would sell?  A G19 sized single stack pistol chambered in .22lr
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well now that the 43 is here, I guess we can all stop complaining that Glock doesn't make a SS 9mm. While I'm glad it's finally here and I realize that size wise, the 43 is probably what most people wanted (although I think most were hoping for 7+1 capacity like the Shield?) it's not really what I was hoping for...

I was hoping for what I would call a Glock Lightweight Commander in 9mm. Basically a single stack G19 with 9+1 capacity (10+1 would be awesome but 9+1 is more realistic without increasing grip length or ext. magazines). Like the 43, I would like it not to have finger grooves and while I could deal with a rail, I'd prefer it without. To me that would be the ultimate EDC CCW piece with the 43 being a nice back up for deep concealment or possibly pocket carry.

So is it just me or would you guys like to see a SS G19 too?

(BTW - I know, don't hold my breath )
View Quote

Remove the hump as well and I would probably buy one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A single stack G19 holds no appeal for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
A single stack G19 holds no appeal for me.

That's fine I knew it wouldn't be for everybody. And then there is your typical ARFCOM answer...

Quoted:

If I don't get it, need it or want it then it must be the stupidest thing ever

It's not always just about concealabilty or capacity. Almost anything can be concealed if you want to. I've personally seen a member here in this thread CCW a Beretta 92 wearing nothing more then a T-shirt and shorts. Even knowing he was carrying it (and where it was) I still couldn't spot it. But just because something can be done doesn't mean their isn't room or advantages to other options.

We are not all the same. We have different hand sizes and body types. We wear different cloths depending on our jobs or personal styles. There are an unimaginable number of variations. Just because your [insert name of favorite CCW pistol here] works perfect for you, doesn't mean its perfect for everybody (or even anybody) else.

I have CCW'ed a number of different guns in a number of different holsters and locations. I have carried both single stack and double stack guns (including the G19) and for me, a single stack gun is more comfortable for IWB carry and is my preference for CCW by a long shot. My current CCW is a Shield and the only "issue" I have with it (and with the G43) is I prefer a full 3 finger grip and I prefer not to require magazine extensions to do that. That's my preference. I'm personally not concerned with capacity. Sure more is nice but at some point the added weight and bulk does not justify the added piece of mind. What is that magic # of rounds? That's something each individual has to decide for themselves. For me, I wouldn't loose sleep over 6+1 capacity. 15+1 is sweet but a bit much when you factor in the weight and bulk penalties. Again, just my opinion. I think 9 or 10 +1 is the sweet spot between capacity vs. weight and bulk.

Life is all about choices and luckily we live in a time and country that provides us with many options. There are hundreds or different hand gun options out there from large caliber, hi-capacity full size service pistols to tiny little deep concealment pieces chambered in light calibers but I believe what I am suggesting is a something right down the middle that no one other the Colt (or maybe some other 1911 manufactures?) is offering. A compact, lightweight yet full grip single stack 9mm pistol. No it's not for everybody but I do think it would appeal to enough people to justify making it and fill a fairly neglected niche.

That's just my $.02 on it

Quoted:
Remove the hump as well and I would probably buy one.

That would be my preference as well but Glock is all about the hump so I know that's not going to happen

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Let's think about this for a second.

Glock has a history of building competition legal Glocks.

I believe there is a new class in IDPA called Concealed Carry Pistol, which is for guns with less than a 4.1 in barrel and 8 round or less magazine capacity. I believe Springfield released the XDs 4.0 9mm specifically for this, think Glock will compete? It wouldn't be hard for them to build it with the g43 out. I think it would be a great choice for the ladies with small hands.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Not really for me, I like the thickness of the 19 and 26. It is easier to shoot quickly for me when they are thicker. But I bet if they made it they would sell a lot of them. Especially in states with restricted mag capacity. And for people with smaller hands.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I agree 100%

I was hoping for an 8+1 or 9+1 9mm that was thin and had enough grip length to get all three fingers on board without an extender.

A single stack 19 the thickness of a Walther PPS
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:32:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Almost anything can be concealed if you want to. I've personally seen a member here in this thread CCW a Beretta 92 wearing nothing more then a T-shirt and shorts. Even knowing he was carrying it (and where it was) I still couldn't spot it.
View Quote

Just goes to show you (not "you" you, the general audience you ), a good belt and holster can make a world of difference.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just goes to show you (not "you" you, the general audience you ), a good belt and holster can make a world of difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Almost anything can be concealed if you want to. I've personally seen a member here in this thread CCW a Beretta 92 wearing nothing more then a T-shirt and shorts. Even knowing he was carrying it (and where it was) I still couldn't spot it.

I have personally carried a Glock 21 and a Sig P226 with just shorts and a t-shirt (not at the same time). Something of that size isn't as comfortable but is possible.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have personally carried a Glock 21 and a Sig P226 with just shorts and a t-shirt (not at the same time). Something of that size isn't as comfortable but is possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes,just because you can conceal it does not mean it will be comfortable to carry all day every day.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes,just because you can conceal it does not mean it will be comfortable to carry all day every day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't that what I said?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Next is the single stack .45!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Isn't that what I said?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't that what I said?

I was agreeing with you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The starship model, the one that started it all is a double stack 9MM, the 17. It's the only one I have.
View Quote

Flagship?  

OP, I'm just not sure how well that would sell.  I carry a G19 daily and losing 5 or 6 rounds and potentially the ability to mount a light wouldn't appeal to me at all.  Most people that are new to concealed carry would probably gravitate towards BUG sized pocket Glocks like the 42 or 43.  Most people that have carried for awhile would probably stick with the double stacks they already carry.  You'd also lose magazine compatibility for reloads or range use which is huge for me.

While there are a few people that want what you describe I just don't see it being a hot seller.  It took Glock ages to come out with the 43 which will undoubtedly sell.  I wouldn't hold your breath for a single stack G19 to go into production to fill a smaller niche...

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I was really hoping for a single stack G34.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#28]
DT.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I want a 10+1 SS G19.

Just call it the 19s
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I ALSO wanted a SS G19 size gun with 9+1 that was only .95" wide in the grip, .96" wide in the slide, and under 18.5 ounces empty.
Thinness and weight are the MAIN factors for me in a CC gun, though height and capacity matter too.  
I wouldn't care if it had rails, but I'd prefer to have them and not use them than to not have them I think.

For some reason, 10rds is my MINIMUM for carry, BUT with a +2 extension I'll probably make an exception for the G43 (and possibly carry a spare mag for a change).  
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The 19 is legal in that division,  so I doubt that has anything to do with it.

I don't think they had competition in mind with anything they have released other than the 34 and 35, and now maybe the MOS guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's think about this for a second.

Glock has a history of building competition legal Glocks.

I believe there is a new class in IDPA called Concealed Carry Pistol, which is for guns with less than a 4.1 in barrel and 8 round or less magazine capacity. I believe Springfield released the XDs 4.0 9mm specifically for this, think Glock will compete? It wouldn't be hard for them to build it with the g43 out. I think it would be a great choice for the ladies with small hands.

The 19 is legal in that division,  so I doubt that has anything to do with it.

I don't think they had competition in mind with anything they have released other than the 34 and 35, and now maybe the MOS guns.

G41
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You guys fucking crack me up. You all sound like you've never actually carried concealed.

Of course the G43 will be easier to carry, it should fit just about anywhere a J frame fits. If you don't like it, continue on with you G19.

Yes, I prefer to carry my G19, but there are times that just doesn't work well. I have never been able to carry a full size gun in formal attire, and that may be because I only wear formal attire a few times a year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just not a big fan of cramming a cartridge into the smallest package possible. The micro 9mm/40 S&W pistols are akin to the 357 J frames. People talk about how well the carry but try shooting them on a timer, they're much slower to shoot. If I were needing something smaller than a G19 I'd be looking at the G42. With good ammo the 380 does well enough and is a good shooter in a G42 sized pistol. That's just me though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top