Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/25/2015 2:50:45 AM EDT
I see the upcomng surefire that looks like a perfect fit. What else is out there that's available now?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:00:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Streamlight TLR-1.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:16:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope the tlr- is too long
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#3]
There isn't much else out there that fits flush with the muzzle if that's what you're after.  I keep an Inforce APL on my G19.  It sticks out past the muzzle, but it works (and carries) just fine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#4]
What about the TLR-3 or 4?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Tlr3
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#6]
TLR-3 or APL fit best.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#7]
haven't tried the TLR3s. I really never thought it was an option tilll I saw that surefire from SHOT.
I'll have to check them out
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#8]
APL fits nice in my opinion.... If i decide to throw my 19 on my bedside my x300u gets put on.....Who cares if it extends past the muzzle if it locks up securely?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I recently put a TLR-1 HL on my G19 after looking at the available products. I did not like the length either, figuring that it would interfere with CC and damage from muzzle blast would be an issue. With my Raven Phantom CC holster, which is custom fit for the G19 with TLR-1 HL, there is no problem with CC. I haven't shot the G19 with the TLR-1 HL on it yet so the jury is still out on that point.

Cosmetically, though, I have to agree that it doesn't look right but the light is bright, easy to use, and seems secure, so I can live with the cosmetics.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd wait for the Surefire.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I'm afraid I'll be buying another holster or two after those are available.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Insight XTI Procyon.  body behind the bezel lines up perfectly w/ the slide.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:33:05 AM EDT
[#13]

that's the problem, they're all too damn long to fit the gun right. I don't like it sticking forward of the barrel. I know it's a mental thing but I don't like anything infront of the barrel
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#14]
crimson trace rail master pro should fit similar.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I think Viridian makes a compact light also but he price will probably be really high.

I used to have a TLR3 and liked it for the size, but eventually I got over it and realized that if I wanted a light I would have to sacrifice somewhere. I now have and love the fuck out of my TLR1 HL.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:15:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Just out of curiosity, what is wrong, in your opinion, with a light that goes past the muzzle?  Full size light = full size capacity.  You're giving up a LOT of light for a slight reduction in size.  Lights like the X300 series and TLR series fit the G19 just fine.  If you need a smaller profile, it might be worth trying out a good handheld light as well, just as an option.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Just out of curiosity, what is wrong, in your opinion, with a light that goes past the muzzle?  Full size light = full size capacity.  You're giving up a LOT of light for a slight reduction in size.  Lights like the X300 series and TLR series fit the G19 just fine.  If you need a smaller profile, it might be worth trying out a good handheld light as well, just as an option.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:20:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Surefire X200A & B.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Yep.  Anything from streamlight will leave you hanging.   Pure unadulterated junk.  However, a light that extends past the muzzle is a good thing.  It helps prevent the slide from being pushed out of battery in the event of muzzle contact.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anything from streamlight will leave you hanging.   Pure unadulterated junk.  
View Quote

lulz

Personally, I just pop my X300U on and off when going from holster to night stand.  But if you want to have one on the weapon constantly, I would probably wait for that new Surefire light.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#21]
The new Surefire and the CT lights both have such small bezels, you really can't expect to be able to identify anyone more than 20Y away.  I guess that's fine for inside the house or even close up at night, but the APL is very slim and has a MUCH better throw and spill (and at $109 isn't too overpriced--though the TLR1HL is only $20 more for 3 times the light).  

On a HD gun, I'd want the TLR-1HL or X300 Ultra, but for carry I either carry a flashlight separately or--lately--an APL on a g19 (since I prefer to shoot two handed).
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yep.  Anything from streamlight will leave you hanging.   Pure unadulterated junk.  However, a light that extends past the muzzle is a good thing.  It helps prevent the slide from being pushed out of battery in the event of muzzle contact.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think most people here will disagree with you about Streamlight being "junk".
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The new Surefire and the CT lights both have such small bezels, you really can't expect to be able to identify anyone more than 20Y away.  I guess that's fine for inside the house or even close up at night, but the APL is very slim and has a MUCH better throw and spill (and at $109 isn't too overpriced--though the TLR1HL is only $20 more for 3 times the light).  

On a HD gun, I'd want the TLR-1HL or X300 Ultra, but for carry I either carry a flashlight separately or--lately--an APL on a g19 (since I prefer to shoot two handed).
View Quote

it is small but surprisingly pretty bright thanks to the TIR lens but i agree --good for indoor mostly.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Full size light = should run full size gun. Stupid to give up the extra sight radius/muzzle velocity just so you can have 500 lumens on the gun. And it isn't a slight reduction in size. Its almost 2 inches if you are talking a 300U, since it basically sits flush with a Glock 34. That is a huge, heavy light to hang on a gun like a Glock 19.

Also, my 200 lumen APL lights things up just fine. In fact, back when the Scout Light was only rated at 200, people thought that was all the light you would ever need. 500 Lumens is often overkill on a handgun when you consider engagement distances/shooter skill. I'd much rather have a light designed for a wide throw than something that will light up the guy at the end of a football field, if we're talking handgun lights.

Finally, I run a Glock 22. Anything heavier than an APL and its one battery have adverse reactions on reliability.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm happy with a tlr3. Why not just tape a maglite off the front
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I like my Inforce APL, but sounds like that would be too long for you.

Surefire looks awesome, but knowing them it will take FOREVER to come out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Ive got the Inforce APL on my 19. I like it, fits real well. Doesnt stick out far from the muzzle. Its also thinner than most other lights.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My TLR1 has been on my hip for, on average, 60hrs a week for 4 years. I've worked straight nights for those 4 years. I don't think I've ever gone a week without doing a half dozen building searches or using my weapon light at least once each night.

Surefires have some features I like, but not enough to justify the extra cost. Especially because my TLR1 works exceptionally well. 0 complaints.  For the people who say Streamlights are junk, I'm curious if their merely shooting enthusiasts who's gun/light sits on the nightstand 95% of the time or if they actually have a working gun that see's frequent use.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

the two or three i have haven't worked any differently than my 3 surefires.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

just don't like things being longer than the actual gun. I want the barrel to be the furthest point.

And sure handheld may be good but if I'm using a gun I certainly don't want to be doing it one handed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#32]
You should check out the Thyrm Switchback.  It's the closest thing to a WML when using a handheld.  Basically, you get a two handed grip and actuate the light by pressing on the loop extension.  I carry one with my 19 when I don't have the X300U on it.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#33]
TLR-1HL
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
TLR-1HL
View Quote

Horrible option. Fits a 1911 but it's like big a little kid wearing his dad's shoes on a 19
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You should check out the Thyrm Switchback.  It's the closest thing to a WML when using a handheld.  Basically, you get a two handed grip and actuate the light by pressing on the loop extension.  I carry one with my 19 when I don't have the X300U on it.  

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvOp-z8CIAEE4mA.jpg
View Quote

That looks absolutly awful in every aspect. Worst of all being its not permanently attached to the weapon. I have no desire to have to put something in a gun first
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That looks absolutly awful in every aspect. Worst of all being its not permanently attached to the weapon. I have no desire to have to put something in a gun first
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just said in your post above, and I quote "And sure handheld may be good but if I'm using a gun I certainly don't want to be doing it one handed."  My suggestion addresses EXACTLY what you just said.  Every weapon mounted light that does not extend past the barrel of a G19 will be a vastly inferior offering to a fullsize WML.  So unless this is a concealed carry weapon, then size and weight do not matter.  And while everyone has a right to their own opinion, "because it looks dumb" doesn't rival the quantifiable reasons already put forth in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Horrible option. Fits a 1911 but it's like big a little kid wearing his dad's shoes on a 19
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TLR-1HL

Disregard.  I though you actually were searching for a tough functional weaponlight......not trying to find one that "looks" good.  Maybe my wife can make a recommendation.  The TLR's work great for me and I have (and actually use) several on everything from compact to full size Glocks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#38]

There is nothing wrong with this. Get used to it. It works and works damn well.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:48:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Disregard.  I though you actually were searching for a tough functional weaponlight......not trying to find one that "looks" good.  Maybe my wife can make a recommendation.  The TLR's work great for me and I have (and actually use) several on everything from compact to full size Glocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TLR-1HL

nope doesn't fit.

handguns seem to be the only thing that it's considered appropriate for anyhting to stick out infront of the muzzle of the weapon.

I have that one it now when I get home. It's a huge light though to carry
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You just said in your post above, and I quote "And sure handheld may be good but if I'm using a gun I certainly don't want to be doing it one handed."  My suggestion addresses EXACTLY what you just said.  Every weapon mounted light that does not extend past the barrel of a G19 will be a vastly inferior offering to a fullsize WML.  So unless this is a concealed carry weapon, then size and weight do not matter.  And while everyone has a right to their own opinion, "because it looks dumb" doesn't rival the quantifiable reasons already put forth in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i did indeed..... and yup, it's a carry gun.

but no it doesn't address the need, it's not a weapon light at all it's a second item that is not a weapon light.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Just picked this 19 up a  couple days ago. tossed my crimson trace railmaster light on it.
Works very well for low light house clearing.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:03:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

nope doesn't fit.

handguns seem to be the only thing that it's considered appropriate for anyhting to stick out infront of the muzzle of the weapon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TLR-1HL

nope doesn't fit.

If anything the light provides standoff at contact range confrontations and prevents the slide from going out of battery. It's not common on anything but handguns because there's always room for a light behind the muzzle...
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#43]
i have seen that thing about pushing the slide out...

But makes the 19 the same length as a full sized gun with the extra length. I got rid of the 17 for a shorter gun.

I'm basically looking for one all around setup.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:03:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just picked this 19 up a  couple days ago. tossed my crimson trace railmaster light on it.

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy319/ezdaar/firearms/D036545D-1270-461F-978C-CDC7074690C2_zpsg5j9osc3.jpg
View Quote

that's not too bad, does anybody make holsters for it?

my only concern with that is the screws.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

What ? What do you mean too long ?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It sticks out past the muzzle.

OP, if you're willing to wait a little, SureFire's coming out with their XC1. It's made so that it won't extend past the muzzle of a Glock 19, and it's no wider than the frame.

It's 200 lumens.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy319/ezdaar/firearms/D036545D-1270-461F-978C-CDC7074690C2_zpsg5j9osc3.jpg

No problems with the screws alil bit of blue locktite wont fix.
http://mygunculture.com/review-crimson-trace-rail-master-tactical-light-cmr-202/

Dont know about holsters.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#48]
It is a poor practice to get into to use a weapon light as your only light. Get a good hand held first and learn to use it with your handgun. You would be surprised at how well this works and the amount of flexibility it has.

Personally, until the small lights can do what the TLR-1HL and X300U can do I won't be using one. They work fine on a G19 and with proper attire conceal just fine.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 2:37:19 PM EDT
[#49]
I use both.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It is a poor practice to get into to use a weapon light as your only light. Get a good hand held first and learn to use it with your handgun. You would be surprised at how well this works and the amount of flexibility it has.

Personally, until the small lights can do what the TLR-1HL and X300U can do I won't be using one. They work fine on a G19 and with proper attire conceal just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The flexibility is using two items when one will do.

Not poor practice at all, hand held lights are completely useless now that they have ones attached and indexed with the bore.  Did this whole gun thing for years and once I got used to weapon mounted lights there's nothing in the world that would make me go back.
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It sticks out past the muzzle.

OP, if you're willing to wait a little, SureFire's coming out with their XC1. It's made so that it won't extend past the muzzle of a Glock 19, and it's no wider than the frame.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/files/2015/01/SureFire_XC1_1.jpg

It's 200 lumens.

that's the one that made me thing i can get a good CC package and not have to take the light off every time i leave the house.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top