Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Got it figured out......single stack in the new 9mm GAP caliber.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe they'll make the 43 a double stack 32auto. I would buy 2.
View Quote

I would buy this as well
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

L M A O at anyone who thinks a Kahr is better than a Glock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They need to come out with this damn single stack 9mm already before I by a Kahr to put in my pocket on the bike...

Fuck it, just go ahead and buy the Kahr. They are better guns than the Glocks, by a mile. Been carrying them for years with zero problems. The CM 9 is ideal for front pocket carry. Glocks are highly overrated IMHO.

Better at being smaller in every dimension, while carrying the same amount of rounds in 9mm than the 42.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Better at being smaller in every dimension, while carrying the same amount of rounds in 9mm than the 42.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They need to come out with this damn single stack 9mm already before I by a Kahr to put in my pocket on the bike...

Fuck it, just go ahead and buy the Kahr. They are better guns than the Glocks, by a mile. Been carrying them for years with zero problems. The CM 9 is ideal for front pocket carry. Glocks are highly overrated IMHO.

Yup
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]
If this turns out to be true how long do you all think till good kydex holsters start to appear?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If this turns out to be true how long do you all think till good kydex holsters start to appear?
View Quote

A few weeks. There were holsters for the 42 out quick. There will be a huge demand. First companies that can meet that demand will make a lot of money filling in that vacuum.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 12:13:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone check my math on this.

2.95mm - average width of serrations on a few of my Glocks
1.65mm - serration of Twitter pic
101.32mm - length of slide of Twitter pic

101.32/1.65 = 61.406

61.406 * 2.95 = 181.147

It's hard to accurately measure a picture but screwing around with the numbers here would put the new Glock slide at around 180mm. That seems long.

Note that I am not mathematician. . Also note that the image measurements will differ from screen to screen depending on resolution etc.

Thoughts
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Optics-ready longslide .380
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll be selling one of my 42's shortly because when the 9mm hits , the market will be flooded
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yea.  A double stack G42.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Notice the amount of serrations in rear? Six, same as G42. G17 and G26 had eight serrations. Does anyone know if other models has 6 serrations like 42?

Yea.  A double stack G42.  

That would be hilarious and almost par for the course with Glock. I'd like to believe the G43 will be a SS 9mm but I've been disappointed too many times in the past.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

101.32/1.65 = 61.406

61.406 * 2.95 = 181.147

It's hard to accurately measure a picture but screwing around with the numbers here would put the new Glock slide at around 180mm. That seems long.

Note that I am not mathematician. . Also note that the image measurements will differ from screen to screen depending on resolution etc.

Thoughts
View Quote

You have no idea what scale the picture is on your screen. All that was useless without knowing the scale of the image as it appears on your screen.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#12]
internet rumors....This is going to be a double stack .22 and you get one free with with every brick of .22 you purchase at your local walmart and the proceeds will be donated to the girls scouts so they dont have to sell cookies in the rain and cold.

I know this is true
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...................Glock 42                           ...........Kahr PM9

Cal                            ..............380ACP                      .............9mm

Rounds                  .........6 +1                        ................6+1

Length .........      5.94"       ...............5.42"

Height              ...........4.13" ...............4.0"

Thickness    .......0.94"       ...............0.90"

Weight            ..........13.76 oz ...........14.0 oz

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#14]
After thinking about it I want to see a single stack 9mm and 45 acp.  That would be something to think about.  Peace!
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
After thinking about it I want to see a single stack 9mm and 45 acp.  That would be something to think about.  Peace!
View Quote

G36
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Thinner?

Glock 36 .45 ACP

WIDTH 28.00 mm / 1.10 in.

Springfield XDS .45 ACP

Grip Width .9"
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#17]
The glock 43 slide and bbl are longer than the g42s. The frame is obviously larger as well. The Glock area reps have them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I have to keep reminding myself this is a Tech forum.

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You have no idea what scale the picture is on your screen. All that was useless without knowing the scale of the image as it appears on your screen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

101.32/1.65 = 61.406

61.406 * 2.95 = 181.147

Thoughts

Agreed.  I did this assuming the serrations at the rear of the slide would be consistent with all my other Glocks.  Comparing the serration width of the image with actual serrations gives an idea of the scale.  Again I could we way off but it's making sense in my head.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah not holding my breath on this. If they do release one I will wait before I pick one up. So far I have been happy with my Shield 9.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The glock 43 slide and bbl are longer than the g42s. The frame is obviously larger as well. The Glock area reps have them.
View Quote

Source?
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:41:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote
So the 43 will have a unique sized frame?  I would imagine it would have to be larger than the 42 to accommodate the inevitable .40 cal variation thereof, unless they worked some voodoo engineering in on us.

And I'm amazed you ever see the glock reps in your area, ours don't seem to care

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 4:01:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Eh, Advantage Arms is going to lose out on a bunch of money due to this dedicated .22lr.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Since I have a fairly good supply of .380 ammo, I may look to see if I can pick up a used G42 for cheap if the market gets flooded with them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://www.triangletactical.net/2015/03/11/photo-forensics-new-glock-ad-with-slide-profile/

Detailed analysis

If you look at what I have circled in the picture, you’ll notice that the chamber on this new Glock seems to be a little teeny bit longer than the chamber of the Glock 42.

What cartridge is a little teeny bit longer than a .380ACP? Could it be the 9mm Luger?

http://www.triangletactical.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/this-spring-slide-vs-G42.jpg

I just noticed that too.  On a g42 the ejection port is about the same length as 5 slide serrations.   On the teaser pic it is 6 serrations long.  But the slide appears to be g42 length.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#26]
IF the teaser pics are for the same gun, there is no way that thing is a .22 lr! That spring would be over kill.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
IF the teaser pics are for the same gun, there is no way that thing is a .22 lr! That spring would be over kill.
View Quote

I keep telling y'all, double stack 32 auto.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

A few weeks. There were holsters for the 42 out quick. There will be a huge demand. First companies that can meet that demand will make a lot of money filling in that vacuum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they use the same size of the 42 then the they might already fit.

If Glock was smart they would have used the 42 to trouble shoot the platform. I mean that would explain why the 42 seems big for a 380, if they took the gun and designed it with the intention to eventually scale it up to 9mm and maybe even 40 the dimensions of the 42 seem to make a ton of sense.

And from a marketing and money making stand point the number of people that would buy a 380 if a 9mm version existed is probably small. So make the gun in 380 release it first get all the bugs out then bring it out in 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If Glock was smart they would have used the 42 to trouble shoot the platform. I mean that would explain why the 42 seems big for a 380, if they took the gun and designed it with the intention to eventually scale it up to 9mm and maybe even 40 the dimensions of the 42 seem to make a ton of sense.

And from a marketing and money making stand point the number of people that would buy a 380 if a 9mm version existed is probably small. So make the gun in 380 release it first get all the bugs out then bring it out in 9mm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9mm won't fit in a G42-sized frame.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Again, I am asking for the source of the reps having a G43 SS 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Easter bunny and Santa both had the new single stack 9mm when I saw them the other day.

He doesn't have a source, he won't answer, or it won't be something that can be verified.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The Easter bunny and Santa both had the new single stack 9mm when I saw them the other day.

He doesn't have a source, he won't answer, or it won't be something that can be verified.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then everything is vaporware until the 20th.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:47:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

You can take my word for it, or not. But time will show I'm right.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:07:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Steven is correct. The G43 does exist and it is inded a SS 9mm. And yes, you're going to have to take my word for it too.

It's basically a G26 on a no carb diet.

Time will tell.

HTR.

View Quote

I actually have less problem believing a 26 top end on a new lower. The 42 just isn't big enough. And a new slide lower and mag doesn't make sense in the Glock world. Of course the 36 proves sometimes they do weird shit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#37]
I believe the rumors.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Steven is correct. The G43 does exist and it is inded a SS 9mm. And yes, you're going to have to take my word for it too.

It's basically a G26 on a no carb diet.

Time will tell.

HTR.

View Quote

It just got real.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#40]
I think a slim single stack version of the g26 would be perfect.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#41]
I want to believe.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#43]
It would be nice, because my wife right now carries a Shield and that Shield is just not up to Glock standards IMO. It has an issue with the magazine release rusting and creating difficulty when seating magazines as I discovered through use of it.  With the Gen 4 grip texture I think it will have a much nicer grip texture than the Shield as well. So, I'm pretty pumped to get one for my wife.

However, even with Glock I don't think I'll sign-up to be the Beta Tester here and let you folks run them for a year before we get it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

If Glock can somehow fit 10 into something no larger than a Shield, I will be in for one. If it's just a skinny G19, probably not.

This announcement seems to be Glock's March Madness.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#45]
My buddy from college is an editor for a large firearm magazine. All I got out of him was that its def not a 9mm carbine!!!!!  I could tell he knew more but couldnt tell me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If Glock can somehow fit 10 into something no larger than a Shield, I will be in for one. If it's just a skinny G19, probably not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's possible that the 10 rd mag is an extended mag like the Shield and XDS come with.  I would be surprised if they came out with a slim G19, but honestly I'd absolutely LOVE a single stack G19 as long as the slide was thinner as well as the grip.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's possible that the 10 rd mag is an extended mag like the Shield and XDS come with.  I would be surprised if they came out with a slim G19, but honestly I'd absolutely LOVE a single stack G19 as long as the slide was thinner as well as the grip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't expect a slide to be too much thinner, they'll want to make it in 40 to fill the niche so expect it to be pretty close to the 26 slide.
I might be wrong but if I was doing it that's what I would do.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#48]
I believe slimmer slides are the future for Glock. They have learned from the 30S, 41, 42 and 40...
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#49]
http://www.calegalmags.com/Glock-43-9mm--10rd-Single-Stack-Magazine-_p_1221.html#

I'm quickly losing interest.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Cal                            ..............380ACP                      .............9mm
Rounds                  .........6 +1                        ................6+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, smaller in every dimension. If the supposed 43 is the same size as a 42, it will be comparable to the PM9. Although, many people have stated that the 42's frame is too small for 9mm using polymer mags.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top