Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone get their blue label G43 straight from Glock?  Just wondering on turn around times.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about the 43 but the BL G35 and G17 I ordered in early April aren't slated to come in till August, just got off the phone with them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw one at Academy sports, $499, I passed
View Quote

I've ran across two stores quoting $499 plus tax.  Overpriced for sure.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I put a deposit down today for a BL and they stated the ETA was July/August. Hopefully they're under promising and planning to over deliver.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Grabbed one today. Will fit in nicely

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Everyone around here wants $600
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give it a few weeks, they will come down, I talked to a guy that paid $699, plus TAX He is already having buyers remorse

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Just shot one at a range today, and I liked it.  It is actually easier for me to shoot than my G26, for some weird reason.  It was definitely reliable and accurate, but Glock needs to offer a 7rd mag instead of just a grip extension.  

It might replace my Kahr CM9 for ankle carry, if it isn't too heavy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Picked up my Blue Label yesterday for $463 out the door
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

why so much? Blue Label price is $358+ tax. Sounds like your LGS isn't playing by the rules. Hell, even the sub-LE dealer here has said there's will be $380+tax and they are notorious for being high on everything.

FWIW, same shop is having "Glock Days" today and tomorrow and they sold all 17 "civilian" G43's they had within the first hour of being open this morning for $519+tax/copy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

why so much? Blue Label price is $358+ tax. Sounds like your LGS isn't playing by the rules. Hell, even the sub-LE dealer here has said there's will be $380+tax and they are notorious for being high on everything.

FWIW, same shop is having "Glock Days" today and tomorrow and they sold all 17 "civilian" G43's they had within the first hour of being open this morning for $519+tax/copy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine I just picked up was in the 380's pre-tax. Same at both places I checked. BL price is 359, is it really this common for dealers to overcharge on this program? Is it allowed by Glock?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

QUESTION:

Can someone confirm that the G42 trigger bar is 4mm shorter than the G43??

Agency Arms is selling a G42/G43 drop-in trigger, and they SEEM to be interchangeable--they don't ask which gun it's for.

Is 4mm just NOT that noticeable?  

Or was the person who mentioned it here incorrect (I think it was two people, one of whom is a famous stippler/modifier and armorer of Glocks).

View Quote
Ghost Inc sells their trigger as compatible with both the 42 & 43. I hope they fit both because I ordered 2 today!

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Can someone link the Ghost Inc triggers? I can't seem to find them on their site.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Fired mine.   It shoots really nice but I hate the serrated trigger.
View Quote

Me too.

I'll also swap a mag extension for a flat baseplate to anyone who wants one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:47:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Ghost doesn't sell triggers--just connectors, and the 42 and 43 are the same.

NOTE:  I discovered if you try to bend the connector in like they recommend with OTHER glock connectors (where a piece of paper slides through with just a little rubbing), you can cause some walls/grit/catches in your trigger.  It's bent pretty far out from Ghost and should be left that way.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sending PM...when or if mine ever gets here I may be interested in swapping with you if Dodge223 doesn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a z here... Has anyone had any luck finding mag extensions? Even a second factory one would help me. Part number? Place to call? LGS was of no help they just wanted me to pick up the gun and leave...and here I was trying to buy 2 mags and night sights!

Check out the Taran Tactical ones that have been posted.

Don't need any + one. Just looking for a factory extension. I may have to send it in for night sights and extended slide lock.

I'll swap my 43 extension for your flat base plate. Send an IM if you're interested.

Sending PM...when or if mine ever gets here I may be interested in swapping with you if Dodge223 doesn't.

This fell though...anyone else want to trade a flat for their extended? Pm me please!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm in, just got a call from local dealer who will be getting one in next week.  $472 out the door.  Seems like a decent price so I told him I'll take it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Me too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fired mine.   It shoots really nice but I hate the serrated trigger.

Me too.

I did the same when I bought mine. ADCO had two 43's in stock, and they sold together, to myself and another buyer. He liked the extended bases, I didn't care for them, so we traded mags. I see no point in a mag extension that doesn't add another round (or two). And I'll add a +1 to hating their shitty serrated triggers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
snip
View Quote

Off topic but I love your avatar! Cool show! Shame it's over.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I put a deposit down today for a BL and they stated the ETA was July/August. Hopefully they're under promising and planning to over deliver.
View Quote

Here in Central FL I was told June for a BL G43 by the dealer that I am using.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I shot mine for the first time today and I'm very pleased. Paid $358 blue label.

Shot 50 rds 124 gr. American Eagle and 20 rds 124 gr.+P  Federal HST from both mags with absolutely no problems.

Recoil is very manageable even with the short mag. Back on target quickly, shooting double taps on steel. I actually prefer the grip over the G26.

I'm a happy camper.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#23]
I've found one locally for $531 out the door. Think I'll get it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:46:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Academy here wants $499.
I'd like to have one but not in a super hurry.

I'm comfortable with my rotation of G19, G27, and G42.

Dave N
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Took mine to the range yesterday, let 5 shooters run 250 rounds thru it. 100 WWB, 100 Blazer Brass, 25 Fed HST 147's, and 25 Speer GD 147's. Zero issues, other than me occasionally holding the slide lock down with my thumb. I did struggle with accuracy at first, but felt good about it by the end of the session. I attribute that to its size, I rarely shoot anything that small, and I have big hands. Nice little gun.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#26]
aim has 5 instock at 479
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
aim has 5 instock at 479
View Quote

Not now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#28]
TTI basepads came in today. +2 is in the gun, +1 next to it.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Can anyone recommend, or point me in the right direction, to a nice leather OWB holster?

ETA: paddle or belt loop
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

How much trouble was it to install these basepads?

Any hints about possible problems?

Do they seem reliable so far?

Appreciate any info on these . . .

and, thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Can anyone recommend, or point me in the right direction, to a nice leather OWB holster?

ETA: paddle or belt loop
View Quote

Amazon offers a neat looking leather holster from Desantis. Has a crossdraw option. They have other leather holsters as well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

and, thanks in advance!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and, thanks in advance!

The TTIs are very easy to install, especially if you are used to installing basepads on Glock magazines. You simply depress the floorplate of the magazine from a cutout in the baseplate. You then need to depress the sides of the magazine as there are 2 locking points keeping the baseplate secure. To get the +2 and +1 I had to removed the floorplate from my magazines. After that I slid the basepad on, depressed the sides again, and used my table to press it on the rest of the way. I had both installed in under 5 minutes.

I have several TTI basepads all on Glock 17 mags until now.  They are incredibly reliable. I also own Dawson, and Arrendondo extended basepads for Glock, and XD mags. The TTIs are far superior IMO. I have never had a mag issue with my TTI basepads in competition or training. I would not hesitate to buy anything that comes from their company. Taran will not put out a shit product, and thinks everything through very carefully before releasing it. I know the market is new on these guns and accessories for it, but I have a feeling these will be THE reliable, super durable basepads to own for this platform.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The TTIs are very easy to install, especially if you are used to installing basepads on Glock magazines. You simply depress the floorplate of the magazine from a cutout in the baseplate. You then need to depress the sides of the magazine as there are 2 locking points keeping the baseplate secure. To get the +2 and +1 I had to removed the floorplate from my magazines. After that I slid the basepad on, depressed the sides again, and used my table to press it on the rest of the way. I had both installed in under 5 minutes.

I have several TTI basepads all on Glock 17 mags until now.  They are incredibly reliable. I also own Dawson, and Arrendondo extended basepads for Glock, and XD mags. The TTIs are far superior IMO. I have never had a mag issue with my TTI basepads in competition or training. I would not hesitate to buy anything that comes from their company. Taran will not put out a shit product, and thinks everything through very carefully before releasing it. I know the market is new on these guns and accessories for it, but I have a feeling these will be THE reliable, super durable basepads to own for this platform.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and, thanks in advance!

WOWZA just checked those out $40 each when you factor shipping.. no doubt they look well made but damn.. hopefully Pearce gets on the ball and cranks some out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Finally got mine in. Waiting for sights and connector. Love it so far!
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#36]
So mine has the "mag won't go in" problem if the mag is not exactly straight with the grip.

It seems to happen more with the mag without the grip extension, I'm pretty confident the extension has no effect, it was just chance that that one goes in pretty good.... So I took the slide off and had a look around. It seems the mags I have are slightly molded differently (see pic) the one on the right has a "bump" and the one on the left is more flat. What is happening is the right front corner is hitting the right bottom of the mag release. Both edges are square and they are locking up. I hope the pics show where I am talking about..

In this pic, the one that works is on the left, the one that catches is on right:

ETA: I tried beveling and removing the "bump" from the one mag. Didn't help the problem. Seems to be the mag catch square edge needs beveled per some other posts online. I tried removing the mag catch and don't have a suitable tool.

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So mine has the "mag won't go in" problem if the mag is not exactly straight with the grip.

It seems to happen more with the mag without the grip extension, I'm pretty confident the extension has no effect, it was just chance that that one goes in pretty good.... So I took the slide off and had a look around. It seems the mags I have are slightly molded differently (see pic) the one on the right has a "bump" and the one on the left is more flat. What is happening is the right front corner is hitting the right bottom of the mag release. Both edges are square and they are locking up. I hope the pics show where I am talking about..

In this pic, the one that works is on the left, the one that catches is on bump" from the one mag. Didn't help the problem. Seems to be the mag catch square edge needs beveled per some other posts online. I tried removing the mag catch and don't have a suitable tool.

View Quote

I think I saw someone else mention a similar problem and if the issue is what I think it is, all you need to do is slightly round off the edges of the mag release with sandpaper.  I've noticed this on every Gen 4 I've owned (I don't have a G43 though).  If you try inserting mags pushing back on the bottom of the mag so the top-front of the mag pushes against the front of the grip then the top edge of the mag will catch on the mag release (if that makes sense).  So I just slightly round off the bottom edge of the mag release and then all mags slide in fine without catching no matter how you're pressing on them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:07:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:22:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I noticed this with mine also.

I'll bet they have a new mag catch come out soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this pic, the one that works is on the left, the one that catches is on bump" from the one mag. Didn't help the problem. Seems to be the mag catch square edge needs beveled per some other posts online. I tried removing the mag catch and don't have a suitable tool.

I noticed this with mine also.

I'll bet they have a new mag catch come out soon.

Doing drills tonight I noticed this as well. I suggest we all call Glock and inform them to the issues. I do think however that rounding the internal corner on the opposite side of the mag catch button for your preferred side would fix this.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:16:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

In this pic, the one that works is on the left, the one that catches is on right:

ETA: I tried beveling and removing the "bump" from the one mag. Didn't help the problem. Seems to be the mag catch square edge needs beveled per some other posts online. I tried removing the mag catch and don't have a suitable tool.

View Quote

I found the problem to be the areas I've circled in red. Flip your mags over and you'll see the area on the opposite side is completely different. On mine I haven't experienced any serious catching.

It looks like both of your mags have been getting this area beat up. I also noticed that my mags will catch or not depending on the angle in which I insert them. I plan on modifying my mags.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#41]
I would modify the catch its the cheaper part currently. If you make it like an AR mag catch it should work.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#42]
I just tried mine and experienced the same issue with both mags when any pressure is applied pushing against the right side of the mag while trying to insert it.

By removing the slide and experimenting, I can see the top right corner of the mag (the part circled in red in the photos above) is what is butting against the square edge on the bottom of the mag release. It actually occurs when any pressure is applied at the bottom of the mag from right to left. This causes the top of the mag to move slightly to the right and the square surfaces of the mag and mag release butt direcly against each other.

I presuime this would happen in reverse if the mag release is swithed to the other side. The mag would stick when pressure is applied from left to right while inserting it. Once the mag release is beveled though, you won't be able to reverse it because the bevel will be on the top when you flip it over to insert from the other side. The top needs to have the the square edge to retain the magazine.

UPDATE: I just called Glock Tech Support. They are aware of the issue and advised NOT to modify the mag release. He said that inserting the mag repeatedly should "break that edge to edge" issue and the problem will be resolved. It was his opinion that the mag, rather than the release, will wear down to fix the problem.

I am not surprised they advised against modifying the release. I am not sure how their remedy will work or if it will slightly wear down the mag release as well as the magazine. I guess we will see.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Consilidated with previous post.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#44]
WHOOOO WHOOOOT   JUST GOT MINE.

$469 Out the door. YEAH BABY!!!!!!

Note YES I noticed immediately the mag sticking going in. DO NOT FILE MAG CATCH. Take an X-ACTO knife to the area on the mag that is rubbing and put a beveled angled edge on it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I just tried installing a set of HD night sights for a 42 on my 43. They said they would fit but holly shit its tight. I can't finish it and had to order a sight tool from Amazon. Never had that much of an issue before. Now I'm afraid to back them out they are so tight.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Just picked mine up this morning and ran a box through it.  The trigger pull out of the box isn't impressive, but I've already polished it and will have a connector inbound in a few days.  Trijicon HDs on the way.  My magazine release has already taken a good chunk out of one of my magazines, but at least it slides in nicely now.  I like the gun a lot--the little difference in thickness feels significant compared to my 26.  I'm just hoping that a smooth trigger becomes available at some point.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just picked mine up this morning and ran a box through it.  The trigger pull out of the box isn't impressive, but I've already polished it and will have a connector inbound in a few days.  Trijicon HDs on the way.  My magazine release has already taken a good chunk out of one of my magazines, but at least it slides in nicely now.  I like the gun a lot--the little difference in thickness feels significant compared to my 26.  I'm just hoping that a smooth trigger becomes available at some point.
View Quote

I just put the ghost connector in and it makes a huge difference. I'm still heavier than if you put the 3.5# connector in a 19 but better. Good luck on those fucking sights. I'm still trying to get mine on.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I put Trijicon HD's on my Glock 42 with a very good sight pusher.  VERY tight, I can't imagine trying to put them in with a cheap sight pusher or C clamp.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I put Trijicon HD's on my Glock 42 with a very good sight pusher.  VERY tight, I can't imagine trying to put them in with a cheap sight pusher or C clamp.
View Quote

Which sight pusher did you use?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I just put the ghost connector in and it makes a huge difference. I'm still heavier than if you put the 3.5# connector in a 19 but better. Good luck on those fucking sights. I'm still trying to get mine on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a MGW sight pusher and the adapter is inbound, so it shouldn't be a problem.  I've gotten some very snug sights on with ease in the past.   Ghost told me that the Pro for the 42/43 will be back on the website by next week, so I'm going to wait to see if it's $40 like the other Pro and then decide between that and the Edge.  I put a Pro in my 17 today and definitely better than my Rockets.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top