Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 11:29:38 AM EDT
Haven't been much in the Glock world for a long time and I remember all the trouble in recent years from gen4s. Looking at grabbing a blue label 19, are they gtg now or still hit or miss?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a Glock...

And it's a Glock 19...

Of course it's g2g. What kind of question is that?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I can only speak about mine, and I've only had it [ETA - almost 2 years - time flies I guess] but so far it has been flawless.  I like it a lot more than the Gen 2 G23 I had previously.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
IN!
Good questing just got my gssf card and the gen 4 is the planed purchase but I'm hesitant.
What about Mag compatibility? I don't care about the Ambidextrous mag release.
Or do I just keep stacking up 34s?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#4]
my gen 4 19 was so good I bought two more just like...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#5]

It seems as if the teething issues that started late Gen3 and early Gen4 have kind of gone away.

I've heard nothing but good from folks that go buy a new one these days.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#6]
There's good reasons behind why the 19 is Glock highest selling model.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IN!
Good questing just got my gssf card and the gen 4 is the planed purchase but I'm hesitant.
What about Mag compatibility? I don't care about the Ambidextrous mag release.
Or do I just keep stacking up 34s?
View Quote

If you leave it in "right hand" mode, with the release button on the left side of the grip, you shouldn't have any mag compatibility issues.  Anything 15 rd or bigger should work fine.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#8]
IMO, Gen 4 Glock 19 is  the best Glock ever made.

You won't be disappointed with a Gen 4 G19.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Gen 3 and Gen 4.   The only time the Gen 4 has hiccuped is when someone was limp wristing it.  It seems that it is sprung a little tighter than the Gen 3 so you may want to give it a little time to break in.

Two friends have them and shoot regularly and their's have been excellent.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This^
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This^
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^

Mine was built 31st Oct 2014 and currently just over 1K and once my damn night sights come in from Midway that are back ordered it will be my daily carry replacing my G32.3.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#12]
My EDC

Great pistol
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Just in the past couple months I picked up two blue label G19.4s, both have been 100% perfect. No brass to the face, strong ejection, no malfunctions.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Both of my gen 4 19s and my gen 4 26 have been flawless.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a Gen4 19 last summer and have had no issues with it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why?

I love my Gen 3.
What's the benefits of a Gen 4?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why?

I love my Gen 3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I love my Gen 3.

The grip texture really helps when your hands get sweaty.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why?

I love my Gen 3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I love my Gen 3.

IMO, nothing wrong with the Gen3s. The OP was asking about Gen4s, though, and I agree with TargetBlaster in that the OP won't be disappointed with a Gen4. I'm a fairly recent convert from Gen3 to Gen4 and am really liking the slightly smaller grip circumference, new grip texture, and larger mag release.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. I have two of them and they are fantastic pistols.

Mag catch, grip texture, back straps, and the recoil spring assembly really make the Gen4 guns sweet shooters.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Mine has been flawless in terms of reliability, though it's started to throw brass at me once in a while. Due for a new recoil spring.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Gen 4 Glocks are awesome!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes GTG.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#23]
The beaver tail grip panel is outstanding! The finger grooves force me into a high, tight grip, but it also causes my slide serrations to get bloody, but the beaver tail solves that. All grip, no blood.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's a Glock...

And it's a Glock 19...

View Quote

Plenty of people have BTF / failure to eject issues with Gen 3 and Gen 4 G19s.  I don't know how common it is, but it's common enough that it definitely can't be attributed to a 1 in 10000 lemon in their QC.  I've had it happen to me.  It's not hard to diagnose or fix (Apex extractor set with 30274 ejector did it for me), but it is definitely something to keep in mind when someone considers purchasing a Glock.

The "Glock perfection" today is just not the same today as it was 10 years ago, which is a shame.  I'd still recommend a G19, but you just need to keep an eye out for potential issues.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#25]
My new EDC.

Dave N
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#26]
While I do not have a G19, my Gen 4 G21, G23 and 26 have been flawless. My next Glock will be the Gen 4 G19.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Plenty of people have BTF / failure to eject issues with Gen 3 and Gen 4 G19s.  I don't know how common it is, but it's common enough that it definitely can't be attributed to a 1 in 10000 lemon in their QC.  I've had it happen to me.  It's not hard to diagnose or fix (Apex extractor set with 30274 ejector did it for me), but it is definitely something to keep in mind when someone considers purchasing a Glock.

The "Glock perfection" today is just not the same today as it was 10 years ago, which is a shame.  I'd still recommend a G19, but you just need to keep an eye out for potential issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a Glock...

And it's a Glock 19...

This,

I've had erratic extraction problems on enough 9mm Glocks to just go ahead and factor those into the cost when buying one. Other than that they are perfect.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I dont know why people keep asking this question when it comes to new glocks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Haven't been much in the Glock world for a long time and I remember all the trouble in recent years from gen4s. Looking at grabbing a blue label 19, are they gtg now or still hit or miss?
View Quote

Was never an issue outside of the limp wrist crowd.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to assume this is a joke.  

My G17.4 from 2011 was shipped with the wrong recoil spring and wrong ejector.  The spring was replaced right before I bought the gun, but the ejector wasn't fixed until several months later.  That was several months of brass to the face that really turned me off of Glocks.  Especially considering that it was my first pistol.  If you buy a current Gen4, the issues will have all been fixed.  Although for what it's worth, I'm all Gen3 now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please explain to me how I'd limp wrist my 9mm Gen4s but then pick up an older Glock of the exact same model and it would run like a top. Please also explain how a new ejector & extractor fixed my limp wrist issues.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coming from a G29 I'm going to say you don't know what you are talking about. I put lots of time in on the G29 with reliable and consistent extraction even with full power Underwood loadings then moved to a 2015 G19 and a 2011 G26 and had brass to the face and weak extraction with WWB on both. Replaced the extractor with an Apex Tactical FRE and problems went away. Not sure how an extractor can fix weak wrist issues. But a slide out extractor that is out of spec can definitely be fixed with correct parts.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true. I've owned dozens of Glock 9mms with serial numbers as far back as DXX to as new as YXX, all 3rd or 4th gen. There's definitely a run in there that chucks brass at your face, and not from limp wristing.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I think he's trolling us, you guys.  No one is that ignorant.  OP, I personally prefer the Gen3 models due to their insane track record, but many members here have put thousands of rounds through their Gen4s over the last couple of years and they've done alright so far.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think he's trolling us, you guys.  No one is that ignorant.  OP, I personally prefer the Gen3 models due to their insane track record, but many members here have put thousands of rounds through their Gen4s over the last couple of years and they've done alright so far.
View Quote

No I'm not. Men who limp wrist and twelve year old girls are the only one's that have ever complained about this. I have the original recoil springs, ejector, and extractors in all of my early Gen 4 9mm Glocks ( 3 G19's / 2 G17's) and have never had this problem. None of the men I shoot with have experienced this problem either with their Gen 3's or 4's

I doubt it, but maybe my friends and I all magically recieved unaffected Gen 4 Glocks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No I'm not. Men who limp wrist and twelve year old girls are the only one's that have ever complained about this. I have the original recoil springs, ejector, and extractors in all of my early Gen 4 9mm Glocks ( 3 G19's / 2 G17's) and have never had this problem. None of the men I shoot with have experienced this problem either with their Gen 3's or 4's

I doubt it, but maybe my friends and I all magically recieved unaffected Gen 4 Glocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for you. Why dont you use the miracle we call Google and educate yourself on the issues glocks had in the transitional gen3/gen4 years.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have been fortunate enough to receive unaffected Glocks, but it doesn't mean that the issue is imaginary, because it isn't.  Plenty of competent shooters have ejection issues with recent Glocks.  

It's very well documented, and fortunately it's usually fixable, though it does involve aftermarket parts which is a ding against Glock IMO.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Both my 19 & 23 gen 4's have been 100% in all ways.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:46:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Anyone know where to find Gen 4 G19 in FDE or OD green for decent price? can't seem to find them anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:02:07 AM EDT
[#40]
If I didn't already own a Gen 3 Glock 19, I would probably be buying Gen 4 G19 soon. The idea of having two Glock 19's is starting to sound very good to me right now....
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbgrioNpJSA

It's the gun.

Specifically the extractor.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

Extremely ignorant. Your sample of, what, 10 pistols can't come near representing the thousands of pistols Glock shipped out the door.

Nothing manly about it. They shipped out screwed up guns. Ever notice that the BTF issues seemingly disappeared in the last year or so?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I love my G19G4.  My girl had "some" issues with BTF with WW white box (which I expected in that the G4's were built with the dual recoil spring (RSA) to handle hotter loads.).  Seems to be running fine now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:22:09 AM EDT
[#44]
G19 Gen 4 is good to go.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top