Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2015 8:27:41 AM EDT
I have had a Gen 2 G19 for years. It's  a great pistol with zero issues. A guy offered me a new in the box, unfired gen 3 with 3 mags and two boxes of Hornady Critical Defense ammo for $250. Of course I said yes.
It's been a long time since I read up on Glocks and had no idea the gen 3's had such a crap reputation for bad ejection. I was shocked to find out Glock put out a marginal product. After reading up on the issue I ordered a new ejector and I'm trying to decide if I should get a Lonewolf ejector. The OEM dip style ejector holds a cartridge, but not nearly as tight as the one in my gen 2. Will a Lonewolf ejector  improve this? If you have one in your pistol, could you tell me if you found it to be an improvement?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you even shot the gun to see how it ejects?  Not all guns were effected.  Why fix a problem if it doesn't exist?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The serial number fell in the range of the problem pistols. I figured for $30 I'd take care of it right out of the gate. From what I read, a lot of the late 19's developed problems after 500 rounds or so.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Call Glock they will replace any parts with new revision parts as needed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:06:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I think you mean extractor, not ejector.  Shoot the gun and see if you actually have an issue instead of making one up based on what you read on the internet.  What's the serial # prefix?  And you got an awesome deal on it!  I wish someone would sell me a new Glock for $250!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top